STORY

A happy new year is a happy new life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A happy new year is a happy new life

 

 

Baekhyun woke up with a massive headache. Damn beers! His eyes fluttered open, observing his surroundings, he realized he was in Lu Han's room. Sitting up, he felt the pounding in his head getting harder and harder. The clock on the nightstand stated that it was past ten in the morning. Maybe I shouldn't have drink so much last night.

 

He was sitting on the bed, still wearing the same clothes he wore to Chanyeol's party last night. Speaking of Chanyeol! That stupid ! He mentally cursed the giant tree. Suddenly the door flew open.

 

"Oh you're awake." Lu Han walked towards him with a glass of water in hand. "Here's some aspirin, to help with the headache."  He tossed some pills to Baekhyun.

 

"Thanks." Baekhyun took the glass of water and gulped the pills and water down. 

 

"So care to explain, why your lips are swollen? And why you dragged me out of Chanyeol's party?" Lu Han eyed him. How the hell am I going to explain? Ugh hyung, Chanyeol kissed me and I slapped him. Then he confessed? Way to drop the bomb Baek!

 

Lu Han sat down beside Baekhyun. "You know you could tell me anything right?" The latter nodded and sighed.

 

"So here it goes--"

 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol met in high school when Chanyeol trasferred to the Baekhyun's school, and they ended up having the same classes together.

 

Baekhyun was part of the student council and the school's choir. He was a talented singer, an avid painter and was of course was included in the honor roll. He was talkative, polite and very friendly. Although Chanyeol shared the same attitudes as Baekhyun, he had this annoying arrogance that only Baekhyun and his friends could stand. He was rich and talented, not to mention smart like Baekhyun; but most people found him intimidating. It was probabaly because of his height.

 

And thanks to Baekhyun's friendliness and polite attitude, they became friends.

 

 

"Baek, as much as I want to listen about how you met Chanyeol, I was asking you to explain about your swollen lips." Luhan interrupted the story.

 

"Hyung, we'll get there okay? Just listen."

 

Baekhyun and Lu Han were neighbors back in their hometown. Lu Han moved from China when he was seven, Baekhyun was five. They became friends because they were pretty much alike. Ever since then, they were inseparable until Lu Han had to leave for college. Soon they were reunited when Baekhyun entered the university Lu Han was attending, plus they live in the same apartment block.

 

"As I was saying--" Baekhyun continued.

 

 

As time passed by, Baekhyun and Chanyeol grew closer. They even ended up attending the same university. Baekhyun was taking up Fine Arts minoring in Music Production, while Chanyeol would be taking up Bussiness Management minoring in Environmental Science. Baekhyun stayed in the same apartment block as Lu Han, while Chanyeol purchased a house, scratch that, a mansion which was just outside of the city. It was a good thing that the university was at the edge of the city.

 

Every year since they met, Chanyeol invited Baekhyun to every party he would be having. And the best party would always be Chanyeol's New Year's eve party.

 

---

 

They were currently second year college students while Lu Han was in his last year.

 

---

 

Baekhyun was on his way to class when he bumped into Chanyeol.

 

"Baek!" The giant tree greeted with that signature smile of his.

 

"Oh hey Chanyeol. What's up?" Baekhyun returned the smile.

 

Chanyeol handed baekhyun a white envelope. "Here's the invite to my New Year's eve party."

 

"Oh thanks." Baekhyun placed the invitation in between of the pages of the book he was carrying. "I have to go. I'll be late for class." He started walking away.

 

"Be there alright?" Chanyeol shouted. "Oh you could bring Lu Han with you."

 

"Sure!"

 

---

 

During the night of the party… 

 

"Byun Baekhyun what's taking you so long?" Lu Han yelled as he opened the door of Baekhyun's apartment.

 

"I'm here in the bedroom!"

 

"Seriously Byun, are you putting on make up or something?" Lu Han opened the bedroom door and saw Baekhyun applying eyeliner. He burst into laughter.

 

"What the Byun! Are you gay or what?" He said in between laughs.

 

"No, I'm not gay, biual's the term hyung! Anyway there's this girl from my art appreciation class who said that I look hotter with eyeliner on, and besides she's going to be at Chanyeol's party." Baekhyun defended, still putting some final touches.

 

"Oh so you're doing this to impress a girl?" Lu Han wiped the tear in the corner of his eyes. "What's her name again?"

 

"Park Miyoung." Baekhyun faced his hyung. "So hyung, how do i look?"

 

Lu Han's eyes widened. " she's right. If I were gay, I'd be into you right now."

 

The younger just chuckled. "Hyung, are gay for me now?" Baekhyun smirked.

 

"Oh no. I said, if I were gay, which I'm not." Lu Han said in panic.

 

"So what's that crush you have for Oh Sehun?"

 

"It's just a crush, it means nothing!"

 

"Whatever you say hyung." Baekhyung sang to annoy Lu Han. "Let's go?"

 

"Sure. I'll drive."

 

---

 

Upon entering the mansion, someone took Baekhyun and Luhan's coat. Baekhyun was wearing a white v-neck shirt, a navy blue jacket, demin pants, and dog tags. While Luhan was wearing a polkadot cream-colored long sleeves with a green striped bow tie, a black vest and black pants

 

Chanyeol's house mansion was indeed big. Baekhyun had been there before for the other parties that Chanyeol had hosted. The ground floor was already filled with guest, however, the second floor was off limits.

 

Blending with the other guests, Lu Han and Baekhyun were joined by Kyungsoo. He was in one of Baekhyun's music production classes.

 

"Oh hey!" Chanyeol greeted the little male with a wave, coming from the kitchen with a bottle of beer in hand.

 

"Happy new year Chanyeol!" Baekhyun waved back.

 

"Nice party," Lu Hn said.

 

"Yeah nice party." Kyungsoo commented.

 

"Thanks! Hope you guys will have fun. The drinks are in the kitchen, food's in the dining room, and oh you could request any song from the dj. He's like that best!" Someone yelled Chanyeol's name, he looked back and waved at someone. "Anyway gotta go. More guests to entertain." Without waiting for a reply, the host left Baekhyun, Lu Han and Kyungsoo.

 

Baekhyun sighed, Miyoung was nowhere in sight.

 

"What's with the long face? C'mon! Chanyeol said drinks are in the kitchen. Let's go!" Lu Han beamed with a huge smile on his face. He pulled the younger two, leaving them with no choice but to comply with the eldest wants.

 

Another sigh escaped Baekhyun's lips.

 

---

 

As of the moment, the bottle that Baekhyun's holding was his sixth already. They travelled back and forth from the dance floor in the living room and the cooled in the kitchen. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were already tipsy, while Lu Han didn't drink much since he was going to drive.

 

Shocker by Tiesto was currently playing. With everty beat of the music, Baekhyun's body graciously sways to it. He danced to every song played, with Kyungsoo and Lu Han.

 

Taking the last sip from his beer, Baekhyun excused himself from his companions and made his way to the kitchen to grab another bottle.

 

On his way there, he saw other students from their university. Joonmyeon the famed frat president, Jongin and Yixing the dance protégées, Sehun Luhan's long time crush, Yifan the hot vogue model from his painting class, and Tao his very adorable dongsaeng from high school; however Minseok and Jongdae weren't around. Baekhyun's acquainted with every one mentioned above, they usually end up in parties together. I mean hello, they're like the twelve most popular guys in campus. They're on top of the batches they're in. People dubbed them as 'EXO'. Girls, heck even boys, were into them.

 

The kitchen wasn't that crowded. Because by this time of the party, most people were already in bed(if you get my drift), making out somewhere in Chanyeol's enormous house/mansion, and passed out somewhere else.

 

Opening the fridge, he saw dozens of beers, took one and removed the cover. He was about to take a sip when someone grabbed his arm, and crahsed their lips together.

 

What the actual !

 

To say he was shock was understatement, he had no idea what to feel or what to do. It took him a couple of second before he realized who was kissing him. Park ing Chanyeol.

 

It seemed like the kiss made him jolt out of his drunked state. He did what most people would do when kissed by surprise. He bit Chanyeol's lips hard, and slapped the out of him.

 

The giant took a few steps back; wiping, what Baekhyun thought was blood, on his lip. He looked up at the smaller male with a gaze Baekhyun's not familiar to, his eyes were filled with lust.

 

"What the !" Chanyeol cussed.

 

"Yeah Chan-ing-yeol what was that you tard!" Baekhyun turned into a cussing machine with alcohol in his system.

 

"I kissed you!"

 

"No you ing idiot!"

 

"I kissed you because I like you! Wasn't that ing obivous!"

 

Baekhyun was surprised with the sudden confession. He was certainly not expecting this, and from all people, Chanyeol!

 

"What the are talking about! You're drunk you giant tree!" Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol away, but Chanyeol just pulled him back.

 

"Am not! Everything's so ing clear now. I like you. No. I love you!"

 

Chanyeol tugged Baekhyun closer for another kiss. Their lips were already connected. When the elder felt Chanyeol bit his lip, he kneed the tall giant, hitting a home run. Chanyeol let go of him, dropping down to a kneeling position. Without the giant's grip, Baekhyun made a run for it.

 

He dashed out of the kitchen, running as fast as he could to Lu Han. He didn't even try to apologize to every person he bumped into. He just wanted to leave that place.

 

Lu Han was still on the dance floor but this time, he was dancing with Sehun. And Kyungsoo was nowhere to be found.

 

"Hyung! Let's go!" Baekhyun grabbed Lu Han, yanking the elder away form Sehun. He dragged the elder out of the house, and to the car.

 

"Baekhyun what the hell is wrong with you! I was dancing with Sehun! Damnit! He was grinding against me!" Lu Han complained, trying to pry his arm from the younger's grip. But Baekhyun with alcohol, is a strong Baekhyun.

 

"You can let him you some other time! But right now, I need you!"

 

"If that time never comes, I'll ing kill you!"

 

"Whatever! Hand me the keys! I'll drive!" Baekhyun tried to get the car key from Lu Han's pocket, but the elder was faster.

 

"No ing way! I still have to live for Sehun! Just get the in!" Lu Han unlocked the car and started the engine.

 

 

"After getting in your car, I seemed to have passed out. And that's it. I just woke up, and here I am in your bedroom." Baekhyun ended the story.

 

"Wanna know how you ended up in my bed?" Lu Han asked.

 

The younger just nodded.

 

 

The ride from Chanyeol's mansion to their apartment block was excruciatingly quiet. I could be ing Sehun right now… or the other way around. Lu Han smirked at the thought.

 

"So what the hell was that all about, Byun?" Lu Han said trying to get answers from his best friend who just caused him his chance to get laid with the one person he wanted the most.

 

He looked at Baekhyun who was leaning his head against the window. Then he heard a soft snore.

 

What the Byun!

 

Lu Han stepped on the breaks, making Baekhyun jolt and hit his head on the dashboard.

 

"ing Byun Baekhyun! Wake the up or I'll kick you out of my car!" Lu Han yelled.

 

Baekhyun's eyes flutte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter