It starts with a Selca.

It Gets Worse Before It Gets Better

 

Heechul sighed while staring at a worn and slightly discolored selca of Hangeng and himself. It was one of the lasts photos the two had taken together before Hangeng had returned to China. Heechul sighed again- this wasn't the first time he had done this. It was an ongoing pattern; he would stare at a picture of the two of them, sighing, wishing, and eventually- there it was- crying.

He felt the first salty drop slide slowly down his cheek and land on the precious photo. Heechul brought his attention back to the calendar on his desk as he remembered why he had brought the photo out of its hiding place to start with.

The date. It was their anniversary- well it would have been. After all, this was the date Hannie had confessed and asked him out, the date that Heechul had said yes, and the date that could only bring him pain now.

Somehow Heechul made it to his bed while still clutching the photo. Quietly sobbing, he laid down and curled into a ball. There was nothing in all of South Korea that could comfort him now. Eventually Heechul cried himself to sleep with thoughts of Hangeng and their once close relationship.

The next morning Heechul woke up when the foot of his bed sunk under somone else's weight. Heechul wanted nothing to do with the intruder. He felt the slight ache in his head and eyes from crying himself to sleep. He snuggled his knees closer to his chest dimly aware of the photo still clutched in his hand and ignoring the unwanted presence in his room.

"Chullie..." The intruder whispered.

Heechul knew that voice but it had been so long- there was no way it was possible. Heechul stiffined up in his position. I've lost it. I cried so much that I am hearing things. Heechul's mind was racing.

"Chullie, wake up Chullie, please."

He couldn't resist the urge anymore. The tone of the voice, the sound of it, was all too familiar. He slowly opened his eyes and unfurled himself. When he saw the amn sitting on his bed Heechul's eyes brimmed with tears once more.

"This isn't real, it can't be." Heechul was quietly mumbling to himself as he moved towards the man placing his hand gently on the other's arm. It was real. There was a warmth radiating from the undeniably real flesh. "Hannie..."

"Chullie, I'm so sorry for everything. Especially for leaving you. I love you Heechul, I love you so much."

"I love you to Hannie, but... why are you back? Why are you here? How?" Heechul's mind was flooded with joy, concern, and unanswered questions.

"That's not important right now."

"It isn't?"

"No, there's something much more important."

"There is?"

Hangeng nodded, moved to the alarm clock and set the time to 11:59 PM. He turned to Heechul and took the man's hands in his own. "Will you be mine once more- and forever from this moment on?"

Heechul felt the tears sliding down his face once more as he understood Heechul's actions- he made it their anniversary again. "I've always been yours, Hannie."

Hangeng pulled Heechul into his arms for a tight hug.All that mattered to him now was that they would be together- forever. As cheesy as it was, Hangeng knew it was a fact.

He was Heechul's, and Heechul was his- nothing would ever change that.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey there!

Thanks for reading!!! Really, honestly, sincerely, thank you! What did you think? Was it Happy Hanchul? Or Fail Happy Hanchul? Be honest... pwease? :D If it's like enough (maybe even if it isn't) I'm thinking of writing it from Hangeng's P.O.V. thoughts? comments? opinion? love? hate? macademia nut? oops... sorry, forget that last one! I'm just a bit hungry! Oh, and don't forget- stay awesome!

~BaiLingLing <3