Outer Realm

Crimson Rogue

  

Outer Realm

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHThFlJGPApNykTVQNvYT
  

Deep in the Outer Realms, beyond the valley of sleeping creatures and across the lakes of grief, a beautiful creature of pale skin and feline features, features similar to those of the Creators, stirred.  He was too beautiful, too ethereal to be human, but his aura was evil, menacing, full of malice to be one of the Creators.  He was the Fallen.

The Creators had banished him from the Inner Realms in the beginnings of time.  His heart was filled with greed and loathe, something that the other Creators had tried to overlook for the sake of their brotherhood.  Alas, he disregarded their trust when he turned his mission, to steal the Crystals of Life, Knowledge, and Magic, into creating his own world where he was the sole ruler, master to all subjugated humans, creatures and everything.  He became known as the Fallen, for he had thrown away his soul and merged with darkness.

The Creators granted twelve mortals magic and appointed them as guardians.  The Twelve Guardians overpowered the Fallen and threw him into what was now the Outer Realms.  The calm creatures that had roamed there infused with the malice. They became known as Other Beings for they transformed into something more gruesome and more repulsive.  Villages were pillaged and many humans perished.  Fear swept throughout the realms until a strong neutral force of energy divided the two worlds as the Guardians battled with the Fallen.  The Outer Realm, once as beautiful as the Inner Realms, became a desolate wasteland and reeked of death.

After the Guardians subdued him, the Creators left the Fallen chained to an ancient circular stone that had been laced with strong incantations. Old magic placed the Fallen and the Other Beings into deep slumber--never again to awaken, never again to cause chaos.  Although the fear lingered for many centuries, life and civilization thrived once more.  The Guardians were chased away, forced to live secluded lives.  The nightmares became myths and fables that were used to scare children to sleep. 

However, this seemingly perpetual slumber came to an end. The occasional stirring in the valleys came alive with starving growls and murderous howls. The magic faded and  along with it the Fallen's shackles weakened.

"You forgot, my dear brothers," growled the Fallen, "Time is also an enemy."

He tugged himself loose and spread his wings apart.  The white, untouched feathers, the only source of light in the Outer Realm, gleamed in the darkness, . He smirked and slightly hovered above the stone that had long imprisoned him.  The Other Beings and the unnamed gathered around him, howling and hissing.

"Go forth my pets, go forth and eat your fill!” He commanded. while his sharpened fingernails punctured holes in the neutral barrier.  A small hole appeared and the Other Beings, hundreds of them, all rushed and fought one another to go through the shrinking hole.

The Fallen withdrew his hand; his palms burned and sizzled in the chaotic darkness.   

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpgwUbtUSFiq2Ggryn9qT