1 ↷ The Phone Booth

Reversal Voice

 

Growing up in the small town of Chang-Nyeong was truly a peaceful and serene childhood. There was nothing special about the town,but the phone booth that was established in the street corner of my house was an anominaly. That phone box was there for as long as I could remember.

No one had ever dared to go near it,but little ole me didn't know any better. I decided one summer's day to sit on the bench beside the phone booth. The phone booth was quite barren and open. Although it was old it still looked the same as it did when I was a kid. The word, 'TELEPHONE',  was embossed along the top. As it still had the same old plant on top of it and unique wood hexagon trashcan.

I snapped myself out of my observant stare and decided to take out my iPhone. I might as well read and listen to music. As I took out my book the summer breeze whisked by me;it whipped my hair as it passed by. I sighed in content. The weather's quite nice today.  I quietly read my book until I stared to lose myself and slowly started to fall alseep. 

As I started to nod off I could hear a ringing sound. It sounded like an old school telephone. I lazily looked up,but it was hard to see in the sunset.It was the phone booth. I gasped in disbelief. I quickly stood up and carefully walked towards the phone booth. I had finally walked up to the old school telephone. I rested my hand on the black handle and slowly brought it up to my ear. I almost dropped the phone and screamed in terror. When I brought the phone up to my ear the first thing I heard was a very ... very deep voice and believe me the voice was extremely deep.

The deep voice spoke through the telephone,"'Hello? Hello? Is someone there?..."

I gulped and responded stiffly,"Dear GOSH! You scared me half to death. Who is this?! "

The man chuckled and spoke,"I'm Chanyeol. I'm sorry,about that. But who did I call?"

I looked around spectically and cleared the situtation,"Well Chanyeol",I teasingly said his name,"you called a phone booth." 

There was silence for a couple of seconds until Chanyeol responded,"I called a phone booth? And where is this phone booth missy?"

I chuckled lightly,"It's in Chang-Nyeong. By the way I have a name, ya know?"

Jokingly Chanyeol said,"Oh really? You have a name?"

I pouted and responded with spite,"Ya,but I shouldn't be giving it away to a stranger." 

He spoke sadly,"Awww,but you know mine. It's only fair." 

I sighed and spoke to him reluctantly,"Jae...My name's Jae." 

He responded happily,"See!~ Now was that so hard?"

I frowned and spoke quickly,"Yes."

Chanyeol laughed and our conversations continued on. Chanyeol and I continued to talk on and on for hour into the night crept onto us. We talked about the most ridculous things and really got to know each other. It was like we could tell each other anything and everything felt alright when we talked to each other. In those hours it seemed like there was no one else in the world,but him and I. 

He laughed at my terrible joke and the sound of other people resonated in the background,"Hey Chanyeol! We have to go!"

Chanyeol sighed and responded cheerfully,"Sorry Jae,but i've got to go. I'd love to do this again."

I smiled brightly,"Same time tomorrow then,Chanyeol?" 

Eunthasically he responded,"Of course! BUT you have to promise?"

I laughed,"I promise,Chanyeol." 

I laughed at his immaturity and ended the phone call. 

I smiled to myself as I walked home. Today I met a stranger through the telephone and it wasn't what I expected at all. Boy,what a day. As I looked up at the stars I whispered to myself,"Maybe this summer won't be so boring after all."