1

Beside You

Sehun has his hair styled up, the way Baekhyun likes it. His black tuxedo forming a pleasant contrast to his alabaster skin. His Armani cufflinks shone under the light. He has a newly-lit cigarette in between his lips and expensive cologne sprayed all over his body. It was prom night and it will be one of those special nights because it’s the first time he’s ever went to any of such events. Sehun fidgets uncomfortabl y in his tapered pants, swearing discreetly at how tight they were.

“Wow, you clean up well,” a familiar voice makes him turn his back.

“Your’re pretty spiffed up yourself,” he murmurs, exhaling rings of smoke into the air. He drinks in the sight of his boyfriend in a similar tuxedo, the only difference was his baby blue bowtie which he had personally picked for him last week.

“That cigarette has to go though,” Baekhyun slips an arm around his waist, a hand coming up to remove the cigarette from his lips. He carelessly throws it on the floor and stubs it out with a step, before pressing their lips together.

“Mm, much better,” Baekhyun laughs when they pull back, eyes crinkling with mirth. Sehun wants to kiss him all night.

“Oh, and please tell me you have mints though. I won’t make out with you if you taste like tar and rat poop.” Baekhyun quips, making gagging sounds. Sehun only glares and tells him to get in the car or they’ll be late. But he doesn’t miss the blush on Baekhyun’s cheeks when he opens the car door for him.

 

-

 

“Holy , Chanyeol came with Jongin.”

“I know right! Like I totally thought he was with Kyungsoo though…”

“Same tbh! FYI, I made out with Kyungsoo last week,”

“No way! Spill hon!”

Sehun’s playing with his paper cup of fruit punch, watching as the liquid sloshes around in the cup. Baekhyun was busy gossiping with Jongdae aka the school’s grapevine. Honestly, Sehun doesn’t like Jongdae one bit. He’s unapproachable, rude and ing caustic. But he is also Baekhyun’s best friend. Ah, the sacrifices he makes for his boyfriend. Sehun sips from his cup, eyes scanning the school hall. The prom committee definitely outdid themselves for this year. The hall was well decorated with streamers and balloons. Since they were from a boys’ school, gay couples weren’t uncommon. Sehun raises his cup at Jongin and Chanyeol who seem to be enjoying the night, hands tightly holding on to one another. Sehun thinks it’s really cute that they’re the friends-turned-something-more couple.

“Baby? Are you looking at other men!” He feels familiar arms around his waist and warm breath tickling his ear. Baekhyun is pouting and Sehun wants to kiss that pout off his face, smooth the frown on his forehead and plant kisses all over his cute face. But he can’t do that. Teachers are on chaperone duty tonight. So definitely no hanky panky or PDA.

“What if I am though?” Sehun teases, playfully pinching his boyfriend’s nose before tucking his hair behind his ear. Pretty, he whispers, mostly to himself but Baekhyun heard it as well and and flushes deep red. He punches Sehun’s chest playfully.

“You wouldn’t dare!” He mocks anger, pinching Sehun’s cheek. He grimaces in pain before chuckling at his boyfriend. He rests his forehead on the shorter male’s. Baekhyun smiles up to him sweetly.

“I-“

Beep.

They hear the whistle and immediately pulled back from each other, as though scalded by hot water. Mr. Lee’s staring at them in disapproval and gestures for them to move away from each other.

ing Chaperone Duty.

Sehun hears Chanyeol jeering loudly, even hollering a “Boo! !”, before Jongin rushes to cover his mouth with his palm. Sehun laughs loudly, slapping his knee in glee. Baekhyun follows soon after because his boyfriend’s laughter was simply infectious.

“More punch?” Sehun asks after a while, taking Baekhyun’s empty cup from his hand. He nods, muttering a small thanks in return.

Sehun’s queuing for the punch when he sees the entrance to the hall. The familiar hallway. The red lockers. He smiles.

 

Two years ago

Sehun’s rushing to get to third period before the bell rings but before that he has to get to his god damn locker which was at the other side of the hallway. But suddenly he feels himself falling to the floor head landing first. His books were strewn all over and his head’s throbbing in pain.

“Ah !”

“I’m sorry!”

Both of them say at the same time. Sehun slowly gets up, eyeing the smaller male. He has soft brown hair and was wearing thick, black-rimmed glasses. He quickly picks up the boy’s stuff and hands it to him, before gathering his own things.

“M’sorry about that, I don’t usually collide with people in hallways.” Sehun guffaws, offering a hand to the boy, helping him up.

“Me too actually. I’m Baekhyun by the way!” He laughs and Sehun likes the way his mouth quirks up. He extends a hand out to Sehun and he gladly gives it a firm shake.

“I’m Sehun. Oh Sehun.” Baekhyun smiles, glasses sliding down his nose slightly, and pulls his hand back. Sehun doesn’t question the buzzing feeling it left behind and also the hammering in his heart.

The bell rings and Sehun groans before dashing to class.

-

“There you are! I thought you were lost or something,” Baekhyun waves, patting the empty seat next to him. Sehun places the cup in front of him with a shrug.

“Are you really cheating on me though?” Baekhyun asks, voice strained. Sehun splutters on his drink.

“What are you going on about? What did Jongdae tell you this time?” His eyebrows furrow in frustration. Baekhyun shakes his head, fiddling with his thumbs.

“He said nothing… It’s just that- Well you’re always so reclusive. Always so quiet sometimes I doubt if you even like spending time with me- Ah, just forget it. I’m sorry for doubting you. Just forget it. Hmm?” Baekhyun plasters on a fake smile to reassure him but Sehun’s obviously not convinced. He doesn’t get it.  He can’t seem to understand why Baekhyun gets so insecure when it comes to relationships.

“Hey, do you want to go to the rooftop?”

“W-what? Now?”

Sehun nods.

“Okay, let’s just hope we don’t get caught.”

As if, Sehun scoffs and Baekhyun punches him in the arm.

 

-

 

The wind was extra strong that night and Sehun wishes he had brought his coat. No, not for himself but for Baekhyun. He gets cold easily.

 

1 week into their friendship.

 

"Hyung, how do you do this question?" Sehun huffs, so close to giving up on this stupid algebraic equation. When he hears no response, he tries again.

 

"Baek-hyung?" He peers over to Baekhyun as was shocked.

 

"Hyung, are you alright?" Baekhyun was hugging his own small frame, warming his hands once in a while by rubbing them together.

 

"Hyung, lets not study at the library anymore okay?" With that, Sehun packs his things before keeping Baekhyun's stuff too. 

 

-

 

He wraps his arms around the smaller male.

 

"Cold?" Sehun whispers in his ear and Baekhyun nods in return, leaning into his back-hug.

 

They were sitting on the floor of the roof top, Baekhyun seated comfortably in Sehun's lap. Sehun plants a kiss on his boyfriend's temple.

 

"Sehunnie?" Baekhyun whispers. He hums in response, hand rubbing Baekhyun's arm in attempt to keep him warm.

 

"Thanks for having faith in us. For having faith in me." Sehun freezes. Baekhyun turns to face Sehun and he cups his face with his palms.

“It’s just that, people like you don’t fall for people like me. There’s only so much luck a person can have and god, I don’t deserve you. I’m too stupid. And I’m just not good enough.”

“You have to stop putting yourself down like that, because even if you’re stupid, careless and agonizingly annoying, I’m still here aren’t I? And this is where I’ll stay.”

Their eyes meet and Sehun can feel himself turning into putty under his scrutinizing gaze. He leans in, his lips a little before pressing his thin lips onto Baekhyun's plump ones. He feels Baekhyun tug his hand towards his chest.

 

"Do you feel that? Can you feel that?" Baekhyun finally says when they pull back, panting into each other's mouth.

 

"My heart's racing so much. Every kiss with you...is just like a first kiss. Just like our first kiss. Our's." Baekhyun's rambling a lot and Sehun just yanks him down, lips meeting once again. Sehun places Baekhyun's hand on his chest and they kiss again, until both of them get breathless and have to pull back for air.

 

"You... You have the same effect on me too, Baekhyun. You do." Sehun rests their foreheads together, whispering the words on to Baekhyun's lips.

 

"I love you" Baekhyun presses a kiss on to his forehead and Sehun's smiling so hard because, god, he loves Baekhyun so much.

 

"I love you too. So much Baekhyun." Sehun smiles before connecting their lips once again.

 

-

 

"Wow your lips are swollen as ." Sehun chuckles, pointing towards Baekhyun.

 

"Shut up. Your's are swollen too dumb ." Baekhyun glares before pinching Sehun in the arm playfully. He grimaces in pain, rubbing the spot lightly.

 

"So feisty!"

 

"Yeah but you love me anyway."

 

"True though." Sehun slips an arm around Baekhyun and the shorter male looks around before pressing a chaste kiss on his jawline.

 

"Love you."

 

"Me too." Sehun pecks him on the cheek.

 

Beep.

 

Sehun groans.

 

Chaperone Duty.

 

 

 

a/n: ouo yes that's it that's the fic! do comment and sub if you guys like my /horrible/ stories!! :D comments make me happy <33