Christmas Morning

A Family's Christmas

Daddy, mommy where are you?” Little Jimin sat up from the king sized bed to find that his parents had left. He felt around the covers and found that they were still warm. He forced himself up, off of the bed. But he swayed to and fro on wobbly legs before falling face first onto the cushioning of the mattress. Only after a few tries did he manage to get up.

 

With the feeling of abandonment, Jimin waddled out of the room and down the stairs. Halfway down he could smell the sweet hot chocolate that his mother must have been brewing and the cookies that were baking. He suddenly felt happy and ran into the kitchen.

 

“SANTAA!!” Jimin cried before getting tackled in the hallway.

 

“Where are you going mister?” A woman held him in her arms and tickled his whole body. Bright giggles filled the whole hall.

 

“Mommy! Mommy! Did Santa come? Are you making cookies for me? I want hot chocolate!” He sang as he jumped up and down excitedly in her lap. Giving her his best puppy eyes and sweetest smile, he begged her. Being the spoiled child he was, he knew he would get what he wanted.

 

After thinking about it for a moment, his mother answered his pleas. “Alright. Only a little bit okay? Too many sweets for a little boy is no good.” She patted his back before he headed into the kitchen. She stood up from her kneeling position and watched her son jump desperately to grab the plate of cookies set on the counter, which was much too high for him.

 

“What a good mother you are, huh?” A man came and swung his arm around her shoulder.  

 

“Of course I’m a good mother. Everyone told me so when they heard the news.” She huffed and brushed his arm off of her shoulder.

 

“And, Cindy, wasn’t I one of them? I mean… I just knew it.” He grabbed her into an embrace and put his head into the crook of her neck.

 

“Says the person who said I was too aggressive to?” She avoided his eyes and had crossed her arms. To ease her anger, he began to tickle her. And she gave in for she was just as ticklish as her son. While they were having their moment, their son was still desperately trying to reach his treats. And just when he was able to reach it slightly from over the edge, it fell onto the floor.

 

Crash.

 

“Mommyyyyy I have a present for you!!” Jimin screamed at the top of his lungs and sat down right in front of the mess, making sure to avoid the sharp pieces.

 

“Oh god… what now?!” Cindy ran into the kitchen and found a broken plate. And a small toddler with crumbs on his face. She sighed. No matter how cute they were, she still couldn’t get over the fact that they were a mess.

 

“Sungyeol! Get over here and help me now!” Cindy yelled, annoyance present in her voice.

 

“But…” He cried as he walked over. His eyes bulged and he looked at her with pleading eyes.

 

“Nope. You are helping me with this mess. Remember the time when little Jimin fell in the bathroom? Remember how I was the one who had to clean that up? Remember how you were too busy ‘supporting the Seahawks’?” It was his turn. And she knew she had to at least drag him in with her.

 

He came and grabbed her in a hug and rocked her back and forth. “You know how tired I must be from work.” He cooed in her ear but it did nothing to ease her anger.

“Remember our wedding vows? Weren’t you promising to do everything when you married me?” She raised an eyebrow and turned her head slightly to look at him.

 

“Of course I remember. It was the best moment in my life. In our lives.” He said with a dreamy voice. “We both showed our love to each other then.” He paused. “I love you, Cin-Cin.”

 

She smiled. “I love you too.” She gave him a soft kiss on his forehead.

 

“I love cookies,” Jimin cooed and picked up a broken cookie off of tile floor.

 

“Jimin!” Cindy and Sungyeol said at once. They looked at their son in disgust before laughing it off. Even little Jimin joined. It was another Christmas that they would forever remember because they had each other. They had little Jimin. And they had a family held together with love.