This is a guide for all of you out there who:
- Want that slim kpop figure that seems impossible to get no matter what you do (thigh gap, S-line, etc.)
Spend a lot of time on
tumblr and reading fanfictionthe internet but you don't want look the part (A.K.A that neck fat when you're laying down and looking at your laptop... this was me LOL)
- Need to get a cosplay body
- Have low self-esteem
- Just want to change for yourself and no one else
- To surprise everyone after the winter season is over or the break is over
Well... The list goes on and on, but these were some of the reasons why I personally got serious about slimming down.
This "Kpop plan" is what worked for me personally. Everyone is different, so I'll also be posting diets and exercises that I myself haven't tried out (I'll specify when I've tried it out and when I haven't), but they may work for you #^^# It consists of both methods kpop idols and other celebrities use, but I'm looking for healthy yet effective methods with similar/same results.
I'll also post diets and exercises that both male and female idols used during their training, debut, and tour times that worked for them.
I'm not an expert; actually, I'm an American high school student who doesn't even participate in sports (LOL yeah AP and art student) because I honestly don't have the time. Most of us don't have the time to work out for an hour+ each day; on average, kpop idols work out for 2 hours daily. For me, that's not realistic.
So please know that whatever you read, if you decide to read on, worked for me and/or may work for you, and that I'm right along there with you in our quest to get that kpop look!
Don't feel afraid to ask questions in the comment section below, as well! :D
Before we begin, let me suggest a few things:
- Make a plan... What is your goal, where are you starting from, how fast do you want to reach your goal?
Please be realistic with this, and please be healthy in deciding your goal. Please use this BMI chart to help your decision:
I'm 5'2, and I started at 117 pounds. My original weight was "normal", but every pound shows on someone short. I'm currently 111.6 pounds, and I've lost 2 inches on my waist; I'm still in the healthy, normal weight range. My goal is somewhere between 105 - 110 pounds, and I don't have any particular time goal. Whenever it happens, it happens.
- I've found that making your goal a range of 5 to 10 pounds is useful because you need to take into account future muscle. While working out, you'll be shedding fat while gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you can be slimming down faster than you are losing weight. Kpop idols work out, but female idols typically focus more on cardio: dancing, swimming, running, biking, hiking, etc.
- Here's an awesome free app that'll help you keep track of your dieting and exercising, and even gives you this fancy progress chart:
- Don't start this "kpop plan" during an important or stressful time: finals, for example. Start it during a laid-back week, because even though it's healthy, you'll feel tired from the exercise.
- Also... Don't lose faith! Stick with it for at least three weeks. You'll get the immediate health benefits of exercising after your first or second exercise session, but unfortunately the physical changes won't be apparent until around 3 weeks or more. Exercise at least 4 times a week, and if you don't feel like you're yeilding the results you want after 3 weeks of working hard, switch it up and try something else! It helps to take one picture of your body before you start the plan, and try to avoid looking at your body in the mirror during the first 3 weeks; after three weeks, check yourself out and see if you like what you see or where it's going. I wore baggier clothing during this period.
It'll be hard to keep motivated for the first 2 weeks, but once you get over that hump, it gets easier! I speak from experience about this, because believe me I was always a skeptic of that feel-good sensation when it came to exercise being easy and enjoyable.
My motivational tactic:
- Pick an idol with pre-debut and debut pics who lost a significant amount of weight, and keep these pics with you or tape them to some noticeable spot while you work out. My two idols that kept me going were T.O.P and HyunA
Awesome! So now that that's out of the way, please enjoy my "Kpop Plan: Weight-loss and Toning" #^^#