I'm Sorry (EXO Sehun One-shot/Songfic)

I'm Sorry

It was your second anniversary with Sehun. You have been dating with him for almost 2 years. From childhood friends to lovers, the times you spent with him were what made you happy the most.

You stared at the ring on your ring finger and smiled.

Your relationship started at your first year of high school. You two were neighbors and would always walk off to school together. What you two did was never opposite of each other. More than best friends, less than lovers - that was what you had name your relationship with him.

Until one day, you realized your feeling towards him and you tried to keep it to yourself because he was popular with the girls and you expected him to think of you only as a childhood best friend. You were satisfied with that because you knew his hidden personality behind him that he had only shown to you.

He was a crybaby.

He kept his image as the cool, popular guy but he can easily cry over little matters when you're around him. That was what made you felt different than the other girls who were chasing after him.

You were hanging out in his room, playing video games when a Beagle came in and started your face. "ChanChan, stop it-- haha!" You felt ChanChan's tongue tickling you as you dropped the controller and leaned onto the floor, holding the dog from sticking its' saliva onto your face.

"Yeh hey, I win!" Sehun exclaimed, taking advantage of you not being able to play the game properly because of ChanChan. Sehun grabbed ChanChan and kissed it on its' nose. "Thank you, ChanChan."

"Hey, that's cheating!" You sat back up and exclaimed. "Whatever, I still win." Sehun stuck out his tongue towards you. "I demand a rematch!" You were reaching for the game controller but then ChanChan grabbed it with its' mouth, running out  of the room.

"ChanChan, no--" You stood up to chase ChanChan but Sehun grabbed your hand and flashed a smile. "It's okay, he'll drop it off somewhere later. Let's chat a bit." You nodded and sat beside him as he leaned on your shoulder and heat creeped onto your cheeks.

"Hey...I have something to tell you. Can you hear me out?" You could barely hear his voice cracked as you simply nodded. "I've liked you for a long time now...go out with me?" he muttered and you quickly turned to see his head leaning on your shoulder, covered by his hands.

You chuckled, "Yeah, sure." You could sense tears falling off his cheeks as you patted him on the head while giggling .

Sehun was bringing you out on a date to celebrate the anniversary and you were getting ready for it when your sister came into the room. "Have you finished packing?" You glanced at the filled baggage on the bed and smiled towards her, "Yeah."

It was your first date together and somehow you two felt very awkward. You two went out together many times but this somehow felt different. 'That's right, we're going out as lovers. Not best friends' you thought.


Sehun gathered his courage and held your hand tightly while looking down, ears red. You stifled a laugh and gripped his hand tightly as you two walked off to the date. The day ended with Sehun buying you a white laced dress and you buying him couple rings.


You walked out of the house to see Sehun waiting for you outside the gate. Sehun lifted his head to see you wearing the dress he bought for you and smiled. "You look great." You noticed him wearing the couple ring and grinned. "You too."

"Shall we go?" he asked and held out a hand you gently accepted. "We shall!" You put a knuckle in the air and continued walking off, hand still holding his.

You two had a great time with the date which included - watching a sad romance movie which made Sehun cried again, eating lunch at a luxury restaurant that Sehun gathered his courage to make a reservation in, and you buying him a panda hat and bubble tea that he loved so much in thanks for that day.

The time you had spent that day ended quickly, it was almost sunset until you made the last request to spend the remaining time to watch the sunset on a nearby bridge.

You two were standing side by side, watching the beautiful dusk of evening and you noticed he had been looking at you as you turned towards him to see him smiling. "I love you." He flashed a grin.

You smiled sadly and decided it was time to tell him.

"Sehun-ah." You started. "Hm?" His smile was still. You pulled the ring off your finger and held it tightly in your hand. "I love you so much."

At that time you were in the verge of crying but you needed to hold it in. End it with a smile. For Sehun's sake.

Sehun smiled unknowingly and grinned. "I love you so much too." You chuckled, still holding the tears in. "Can you listen to me, this one time?" Sehun just nodded, with a smile stil carved on his face.

You defended and helped me when I'm in trouble, you made me happy. You were my childhood best friend. You were my first love. You were my first boyfriend. You are my firsts. You're a crybaby, but I love you so much. I'm sorry I had to do this, but..." You placed the ring on his palm, his shocked expression was one you could never forget.

"But...why?" Sehun asked. "I'm moving out to some place far away and I've been thinking for a while that I can't really stand a long-distance relationship, and I don't know if either of us could be faithful to each other." Sehun lowered his eyes. "But we can work it-"  Sehun's words were cut off as you patted his head. "Sehun ah, if I'm already this doubtful to you...what would you do if we continue this and couldn't work it out?"

Sehun bit his lips, trying to hold in the tears. "...When are you going to leave?" He asked, his voice was clearly showing he was trying hard to hold his tears. "Tonight."

As the word came out from your mouth, Sehun couldn't held it anymore. He broke into tears soon after. The girl he had loved so much, suddenly leaving him... and to not be able to hold her from going... what could he even do at that time?

You walked up to him and hugged him tightly as he broke into tears and wailed like a child. "I love you." You whispered in his ears, as you could feel your shoulder soaked in his tears. You pulled out of the hug and smiled. "Sehun-ah, I'll cast a spell to stop your tears." You gave a wide grin towards him, "Smile!"

He did nothing but smiled forcibly as tears just continued streaming down his face. He understood your reason and if that was your choice, he'll accept it. As you two parted ways, the only words you two spoke of was, "See you."

Tears flowed on your cheeks as you walked off and mumbled, "I'm sorry."

Sehun was walking with his head lowered down. "Thank you." He mumbled, 'I won't be a crybaby anymore.' he thought, as he put an arm on his eyes, trying hard to stop the cascading tears and tightly held the ring you handed.

 


This was a work I did not too long ago that was also posted on wattpad. I made A SLIGHT change on this one and I was thinking of improving it but I still have some fics to work on so I'm thinking this one can wait.

This was a songfic inspired by one of Vocaloids' songs - "Nakimushi Kareshi". If you don't know what Vocaloids is, I recommend you ask Google, it's everyone's best friend!!!

I also found out that this song has sequels so I changed my mind about marking this story completed and will work on the sequels when I have the time.

I hope you had fun reading this crappy one-shot of mine and thank you for taking your time reading this!! Please avoid plagiarizing and support our beloved EXO!!! (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑