001

I really like you

This is one of those moments that you remember for the rest of your life.
   In ten years’ time, she’ll still know that Park Ga Eul showed up on his doorstep on a Friday night, dressed in a black leather skirt and some white knitted cardigan that he assumes Park Ga Eul got from H&M, because that’s what the brunette does, basically. He’ll remember that Park Ga Eul’s roots were showing more than usual, which may have had to do with the fact Park Ga Eul had walked to his place instead of driving herself to Seo In Guk's and got caught up in a bit of rain and ended up with damp hair. He’ll remember that Park Ga Eul’s eyes, for the first time in the three years he’d known her, were piercing through his. He’ll still see the brunette’s face in front of him, looking at her foolishly.

“What’s up?”

   He tries to be casual, although Park Ga Eul is clearly not at ease and neither is he. The brunette shrugs, wraps her arms around herself and looks down at the floor, then the walls – anywhere but Seo In Guk. This is a new thing, Seo In Guk realises. This awkwardness is a direct consequence of him kissing Park Ga Eul the week before, in between reassuring whispers and suppressed moans. Two years of hidden feelings and a few drinks, combined with Park Ga Eul’s confession that maybe, maybe the idea of the two of them together wasn’t as weird as he had initially thought. Seo In Guk doesn’t know how that led to them making out on Park Ga Eul’s sofa, her fingertips trailing over the brunette’s skin wherever he could reach. But it happened, and while he can’t say that Park Ga Eul freaked out, something has changed.
“I have been thinking.” Park Ga Eul purses her lips, “About what happened, last week. And what I said, and what you said. And I have concluded that I would be a complete idiot to get involved with you.”

   It’s a fair point. Seo In Guk can’t help but snort in amusement and nod, because yes, Park Ga Eul would be slightly foolish to commit to this. His mind immediately overflows with dozens of reasons why he and Park Ga Eul would never work, Park Ga Eul not being his type and the brunette being straight being the top ones. He’s so occupied with listing reasons that he misses the first part of the brunette’s second sentence.

“- But I guess I am a fool.”

   He looks up into hazel eyes that are now studying him carefully. Jesus Christ. Seo In Guk’s not sure what Park Ga Eul is saying, but then again, judging by the ‘deer in headlights’ look that the brunette is sporting right now, he’s not entirely sure whether Park Ga Eul knows what she is saying herself.
“I don’t think you’re a fool.” Seo In Guk says softly, “You’re the only one who’s managing to keep me act together at all times, aren’t you.”
Park Ga Eul laughs briefly, dismissing the compliment as she always does.

   “I’m not sure about that, Seo In Guk, because I’m having some foolish thoughts right now.”

   Seo In Guk wonders whether the foolish thoughts with his own, in which he shuts Seo In Guk's up mid-sentence and pins her down on the couch and makes out with her until Park Ga Eul remembers nothing but the feeling of her Seo In Guk’s lips upon her own. Because yeah, he has those foolish feelings too, ever since the week before.
“So do I.” He admits, taking a step towards Park Ga Eul. They are still a few feet apart, and now it’s obvious to Seo In Guk that Park Ga Eul is trembling slightly. Say something. Say something. “Hey Park Ga Eul.” His voice sounds weird, “What did the cat say to the sheep to make it go away?”
“I don't know.” The brunette looks confused, “What?”
“GO YANG EE.”
Park Ga Eul laughs, briefly. God, so pretty. Seo In Guk smiles and almost immediately hates himself for being so besotted with this girl all of a sudden. Get a grip. You need to get a grip right now. Park Ga Eul is smiling, but shakes her head, and then she is looking at him again, as if he’s the only thing in the world she wants to be looking at, at any time.
“I don’t get it.” Park Ga Eul whispers. “I don’t get the joke.”
“Then why did you laugh?” Seo In Guk frowns.
“Because,” Park Ga Eul inhales sharply, “I want you to like me.”
“I like you.” He interrupts, “I really do like you.”

   Part of him expects Park Ga Eul to laugh it off and joke. Brush Seo In Guk’s admission off like it’s nothing. Instead, Park Ga Eul just looks at him, before smiling again.
“Okay.” The brunette drags out, “That’s – good. I like that.”
“So, um,” Seo In Guk swallows, “Why did you come up here? Did you, like, want something?”
Park Ga Eul the corner of her bottom lip between her teeth and nods, before beckoning Seo In Guk's to come closer. It takes him a little less than two full steps until he’s in Park Ga Eul's personal space. He her cheeks and almost automatically he reaches downwards and cups the brunette’s face. He brushes his lips against Park Ga Eul’s and this time, there’s no taste of soju and no clouded judgment and he still thinks that this is a good idea. That’s odd.
“Can I stay?” Park Ga Eul murmurs as she pulls back, “For tonight?”
“Yeah.” Seo In Guk whispers before pecking the shorter girl’s lips, “Absolutely.”

   Maybe it’s still an idiotic idea, the concept of Park Ga Eul and him together. Maybe he is the idiot, or maybe it’s Park Ga Eul. Maybe it’s the two of them together. Maybe idiotic ideas are the best.