Final

Blame It On The Snow

 

 

` (    blame itonthe snow,     )

"if i was even lucky enough to have a girl like you, i'd never let her go."

 

 

You blamed it on the snow, the way her perception of him changed. You had never looked at him in that way before. But somehow the light snow flakes falling as they sat on the bench in the park in front of her house made him seem so different.

He’d always been a friend to you, a best friend. He was your confidante, there was no one in the world that knew the things he did. And being friends for over ten years, that wasn’t much of a surprise. He knew of every boy you had feelings for, and you helped him with every girl he’s liked. A friendship with him was never boring, whether it’d be him surprising you with a giant teddy bear on a random day, or him covering you and your desk with silly string, there was never a dull moment with him in your life.

And although your classmates were always so desperate to push you two together, the both of you always said that you were strictly friends, siblings. You even stated reasons why it would never work out between the two of you.

“Please, do you see the way we argue, it’d never work.”

“We’d probably kill each other before we did anything like that. I couldn’t stay in the same vicinity as her for that long.”

For ten years, that’s how it went. But little by little, things started to change. He started to act less like your dorky, sassy, puppy-like best friend, and more like someone….serious? Shy, maybe? While he used to let doors swing at you without any guilt, leaving you to carry your own bags, even adding some of his own, now, he always rushed in front of you to open them for you, he never let you even think about holding heavy bags or books.

And when you fell in love with that upperclassmen; and you were so blinded by how utterly perfect he was. He was so intelligent, smart, and funny. Anywhere you were in school, your eyes automatically tried to find him. You were smitten.

That whole 6 months you were pining for him, you noticed the gap between you and Baekhyun growing larger. The boy who always pushed you to go for the guy, even making comments like “if you don’t go for him, I might!” (and even though you know he’d never swing that way, you understood what he meant), wouldn’t even glance up from his food when you talked about that guy.

You’ve never felt so confused. He was your friend right?

 

But here you were, the night of the last day of first semester. You had confessed to said upperclassman earlier that day, only to be rejected on the pretenses of  “I never saw you that way, I kinda like girls my age.”

Baekhyun, witnessing the whole scene, had made it his duty to push any awkward feeling aside and be the best friend you needed. And spending the day shopping and eating with him managed to take your mind off of the pain you were feeling. Until you got to the park on the bench, and the silence made you remember what had happened to you earlier.

And then you started ranting, thinking maybe the anger will keep you from crying. Why weren’t you good enough, you said, you were mature, you could make a great girlfriend if given the chance, so why weren’t you good enough? That’s when you break, you had enough. Your eyes never leave that rock on the ground as you let out everything you hold in. And you stayed there until Baekhyun came in front of you, kneeling.

 

And that’s how you got in this position. His hands on your cheeks, lifting your face to look at his.

“He didn’t deserve you,” he says. “Anyone in their right minds would know what an amazing person you are. You’re funny and cute and so, so selfless. Like who even misses a concert to take care of their sick best friend just because you were scared they were lonely. You’re beautiful, absolutely breathtaking. He’s stupid for not even considering you. If I was even lucky enough to have a girl like you…” he says as he moves his thumbs to wipe your tears, “I’d never let her go.”

You look in his eyes. Really really look at them, and you find yourself getting completely lost in them. They were so deep, and full of emotion. You both sit there for a while, eyes not leaving the other until you both look up, surprised to see the first snowfall of the year.

When you look back at him. The way the snow looks as it’s falling on his black coat, the way his eyes look while his hair is falling on his face. He looked handsome, he looked perfect. He sees your eyes on him and coughs, standing up, and he looks away.

“I just- I wanted to say that, I like you. For a while, I mean. I know this is horrible timing and you really don’t have to answer or say anything I just wanted to-“

You grab his hand; standing up from the bench. When he looks at you, you cup his face in your hands.

“__________...?” He looks at you, confused.

You lean up, giving his nose a small kiss. “Let’s give it a try.”

His ears perk up and his eyes widen. “Y-you mean it? You’ll give me a chance?”

You grin and nod. “Yeah, I mean, how can I not when my little Baekie is so cute~” you say as you give his cheeks a pinch.

“Y-yah!” He pouts as he tries to whack your hand away. You can only laugh as you begin to run away.

“Come on oppa! As my boyfriend you have to walk me home!”

He shakes his head, running up to you and wrapping an arm around your shoulders. “Boyfriend. I like it!” He chuckles, kissing the side of your head and ruffling your hair.

You blame the snow for changing your perception of him, but without it, you couldn’t have realized how amazing that boy really was.

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE : I'd better not get any "If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go." But here guys, this is my first fanfiction in honor of my winter break! i hope you guys enjoy and stuff. (:

 

 

credits to fallen angel