Friday

See you on Friday

Here you go again, strumming your guitar on a cold winter night. But what makes a big difference is that for the past three years, it is only now that I’ve seen you strum it again with a bright smile on your face. I sat on the chair in front of you, playing along with your sweet music as I play my invisible piano keys on the table. You never fail to make my heart flutter with so much feels every single time you sing. It has always felt like hot chocolate on December nights. You soon stopped playing and rested your head on the table and so did I. It’s been awhile, Jieun, since I last saw you this close and I can’t help but to notice those sparkling eyes and your soft cheeks. You still looked lovely.

Your smile suddenly grew wider before mumbling “This Friday..” I chuckled a bit at how childish you looked before giving a short nod. You chuckled as well before standing up, heading to sit on a chair on the living room. I followed you then rested my back against the wall as I listen to your sweet yet deep sighs. “Ah, what is this?” you asked, clutching your chest. You used to ask me that question every time we meet. “Well, I bet your heart is beating fast again and you probably feel butterflies in your stomach, didn’t you?” I replied. I saw the overflowing happiness in your eyes though you bit your bottom lip nervously. “You were really cute, Jieun. I’d love to see you like this more often.” I smiled and you gave out a soft chuckle.

“Are you hungry?” I asked curiously and I heard you say “I’m not really hungry and there isn’t anything that I really want to eat. I just wanted to see you today.” I laughed softly before uttering under my breathe “..Such a lucky guy.”

Your phone beeped suddenly causing you to flinch. Then soon, your eyes were shaped like the crescent moon as they twinkled like the stars right after you checked the message. You hurry downstairs immediately and I followed you along, curious of what is actually going on. Well, you honestly looked too excited, Jieun. “Is it because it’s Friday today?” I smiled weakly and sat on the step, watching you tightly hug this good-looking guy in front of you. “Does he make you this happy?” I mumbled softly as the two of you walked away, holding each other’s hands.

I sighed and picked myself up, walking behind the two of you. I didn’t even notice when I started smiling as I see you laugh and smile all over again. It’s been three years since I left you and now, I’m really glad you’ve finally found the right person. I stopped by the glass wall of a cozy coffee shop, watching the two of you whispering sweet words to each other. Didn’t we always visit this coffee shop before? I’m happy you didn’t hold grudges on this place because of what happened to us. This has always been a special place for me, Jieun.

He cupped your cheeks and you gave him a very cute reaction as a reply. Oh, how I wish it was me doing that to you. Don’t get me wrong though, Jieun. I’ve really let go of you but I still can’t help to think of how much wonderful you are as a person – caring, sweet and understandable.

Moments later, the two of you went out of the shop and I waved my hand hoping you’ll notice me even for a nanosecond but probably not. I mean, how can you notice me, right? I don’t exist any longer in this world. I chuckled softly at my stupid thoughts as I looked at you longingly for the last time. Not making any sound nor footprints on the snow-covered path, I turned around. “From now on, I guess I won’t ever be able to say ‘See you on Friday’.” I whispered to myself, my body slowly fading with the cold winter breeze.

 

A/N: Um- Did you get it? Was my point obvious? It was, right? Hehe. I hope you like the oneshot!

P.S. Sorry. I updated just to fix some grammatical errors. And I really do appreciate that you guys, liked it. Thanks a lot!