Oneshot

Wolf and the Lover

LUHAN’S POV

Months have passed after my parents died, I saw a girl walking alone in the dark forest. I can't clearly see her face but she looks innocent. Her skin was flawlessly white and her hair was long, black and wavy. I think I fell in love at first sight. I was curious on where she was going so I quietly followed her. "Where is she going?" I asked myself.

Slowly, I moved towards her. Ignoring the creepy noises and the crappy insects biting me, I called, "Excuse me!"

She stopped for a moment. I thought she was going to answer me but no. She hurriedly walked away. Did I scare her? Ugh, I hope not. I followed her while shouting, "Ya! Don't walk away! Are you lost? I can help you out of here!"

After a couple of minutes of chasing her, finally she stopped and turned her back facing me but I can only see her wolf-like eyes. She said in a cold voice, "Stay away from me!" Then walked away again.

Woah. Is she wearing contact lenses? Her eyes are scary. But that doesn't stop me from following her. I just want to help her. It's dangerous here. A girl like her cannot survive alone. I remember when a beast killed my parents months ago along in this dark forest. That is the reason I want to kill that beast on my own. Going back, what's the girl's problem? Without hesitations, I ran towards her and grabbed her arm. "Gotcha!" I exclaimed.

The girl gasped. It seems like I scared her. She hastily covered her face with her hands. "Please, don't hurt me," she begged.

I was captivated by her angelic voice unlike a while ago but why is she covering her face? I slowly held her hands and then she uncovered her face. I got shocked when I saw scratches on her forehead. "What happened to you?" I asked worriedly. Her face is beautiful. I can't take my eyes off her. But wait, her eyes are black...I must be hallucinating a while go for thinking that she is wolf-eyed. I immediately withdrew the band aid from my pocket and then placed it on her scar.

"Thank you," I heard her say softly. My heart skipped a beat. I knew it. I'm falling with this beautiful stranger.

"My name is Luhan. What's yours?"

"Suji," she said without looking at me.

I told her, "You can come with me if you want. I know you're scared being alone in this dark woods."

She replied, "You are nice but I'm staying here."

I got surprised. Like what? A girl wants to stay in this creepy forest. I said, "Come on, don't be shy. I will not harm you. I promise." I smiled at her sheepishly.

Finally, I convinced her to come with me.

 

 

Months have passed, we fell in love with each other. Who will not fall with a girl with a beautiful smile and a kind heart? I don't want to lose her. She is mine now.

But lately, I feel like something is bothering her. She always gazes at the sky during night these days. I approached her and asked, "Suji-yah, is something wrong?"

Suzy stared at me with her teary eyes and suddenly hugged me. "Mianhe, Oppa," she said.

She surprised me with her sudden actions. I let out a soft laugh just to disturb the weird environment. "Suji-yah, tell me what's wrong."

"I should leave," she said as if something will happen.

I let go of her and placed my hands on her shoulders. "No one will leave."

"I should go back to the dark forest. I will be back after some few days. Oppa, I am a..." she said but I cut her off.

"What are you saying, Suji? Dark forest is only for..." I stopped for a moment and seriously stare at her. Don'tell me you are the...beast? Wait. What? Stupid thought. I went back to my senses and laughed. "Ah~ what am I thinking? Come on, let's just sleep."

I left her alone outside but still she was gazing at the full moon. I was still curious about what she is thinking. Is she hiding something? Nah. Maybe she just loves gazing at the moon. So, I went inside my room and started to sleep.

 

SUZY'S POV

I was gazing at the full moon worriedly. I can feel my body starting to get warmer again. I hate this. Why can't I live normally like Luhan Oppa? I closed my eyes and cried. After, I opened my eyes and my vision turned color reddish orange. I felt stronger. No! Please, not a wolf again. Make me stay like this forever. I begged as if someone will grant my only wish. I'm tired of being a wolf.

I ran through the dark forest as fast as I could so no one will see me transform into a beast. Yes, that's what they call me. I don't want to hurt people anymore. But maybe this is my fate. After accidentally killing Luhan Oppa's parents, I must die, too. I faked a pursed smile. "Luhan Oppa, the person I love the most, wants to kill me."

Suddenly, I heard Oppa's voice calling my name. "SUJI-YAH!"

I gasped and looked for a place to hide. I don't want him to see me like this. If he sees me, it is better that I already transformed into a beast. In that case, he can still kill me. I know, but that's my fate. Luhan Oppa is like the moon. I cry for his love I will never reach.

 

LUHAN'S POV

I know she went here in the woods. I looked for her nervously because my parents died on a full moon like this. So, I brought a shot gun. That beast can never harm Suzy. I'll kill him!

Suddenly, I heard a growling sound. It's almost near me. I looked around and felt where it came from. The growl sounded louder. I got my shotgun ready for aim.

Then the beastly wolf came out of nowhere and walked towards me. It was grayish in color. His eyes were scary and his teeth looked sharp. "Get ready to die, beast!" I exclaimed and focused so I can shoot him right in his heart. I breathed deeply.

I was going to shoot when I felt like someone was stopping me. I stared at the wolf in the eyes. I felt weird because I felt like Suzy is begging for me not to shoot; but why?

"Where is Suji?" I asked the beast as if he was going to answer me. I looked stupid.

But what surprised me was the bracelet in his front right leg. That was the same bracelet I gave Suzy. Then I remembered her saying, "I should go back to the dark forest. I will be back after some few days. Oppa, I am a..." I cut her off from what she was saying but don't tell me that my girlfriend is a wolf. I shook my head just to erase the stupid thought. "Where is Suji?!" I asked the beast again. I'm going insane, I think.

The beast slowly moved towards me which made me move backwards. I stopped because I saw a tear fell from his eyes. This is the first time I saw an animal cry. Seriously. The wolf made a sudden cry so I covered my ears.
 

The wolf took off the bracelet from his leg and picked it up from the ground with the use of his mouth and wanted to give it to me. I reached it and stared at him in the eyes carefully. I thought deeply. Very deeply. Why is this wolf not hurting or attacking me? I should be dead right now. But, no. And why is this wolf giving me Suji's bracelet? I stared at the wolf’s eyes again and again. This time, I can feel it. She is my girlfriend. She is Suzy. I dropped my shot gun down and unknowingly, my tears started to fall. I gave her a hug. "What happened to you?" I asked.

She answered me with a loud cry but that doesn't matter. I love her. I shouldn't kill her. No matter what she is, I should accept her. She's my every thing now. Who cares? I am the only lover in the world with a beautiful wolf girlfriend. I know she will be back with her normal look in a few days. I can wait as long as I am with her. "Saranghaeyo, Suji-yah. I don't care what you are now; and I don't care what happened in the past anymore. I won't leave you. I am no longer your moon. I am like the woods now. You can hide at my back if you're afraid."

I hugged her tightly. I know deep inside, she wanted to say she loves me, too. From now on, I will make her live in the same world as mine.

 

~THE END~