Stars

Stars [Dandyu Songfic]

A./N: I've been listening to this song ever since it got uploaded on YouTube two days ago and I just had to write a story with the feelings it conveys. I think it also suits the year end's holidays well too so, enjoy !

 

Warning: Please, start reading as soon as the music does and slowly. I tried my best to make the story flow with the music but since everybody reads at different pace, I'm really afraid the feelings with the music will not work !

Joy Valencia - Stars

 

I wish you good luck to find the right pace to read this songfic and walk this road that leads up to the stars with Dandyu~ Tell me how many times it took you to succeed !

 

 

 


 

  If I had to be honest, I would say that I have never really liked gatherings, receptions and big parties. I have tried though. But every time I did, I always ended up leaving quietly and isolating myself at one point.

  And tonight is no exception.

  I am slowly walking away from the lights, from everyone and the festivities, walking back into my lonely, dark and quiet world. It's a bit chill outside and my body shivers. It's the price to pay in order to find peace. I look up at the night sky for anything interesting to see but, there are only clouds in there, so I let out a disappointed sigh.

  I didn't notice your presence but really, I should have. You have always been on the look out for me. You stand by my side and give me a warm smile. I know you're trying to cheer me up and I appreciate that you're making time for someone like me. You say I should go back inside and have fun but I find it very hard to.

  I look at this blurry night sky again, wondering why and what I am doing here and then you take me by the hand, effectively grabbing my attention. I look at you in the eyes and that's when I feel everything I know start to crumble down in ruins under myself and before you.

  Without notice, you take my other hand, put it on your waist and pull me into a dance without any music. I feel time slowing down and I follow your steps, careful not to mess it up and stomp on you. I can only hear our feet slide against the grass and the bristle of our clothes, the soft breeze in your chestnut hair. The fireflies light up around us as we twirl. It's very clumsy at first, but we manage. Everything around is starting to spin, faster and faster. Everything is starting to colour up. My heart is beating out of my chest, and my body has never felt so light.

  You're shining in front of me. You have always been shining, but tonight more than ever. Your smile, I can see there's something more in it. Or is it the twinkle in your eyes that I have failed to see until now? Maybe you have been made to be here with me, in this darkness, just to shine and bring everything back to life again. Because in your company, I have never felt more alive. It's weird to notice but as I hold you like this, you are the perfect size for me. We're perfect for each other.

 

  You slow down, a bit out of breath. As we come to a stop, you look up to me and I see all these stars that are living in your eyes. I finally understand. In this moment, the skies have open up to us. The clouds are long gone, letting us take this road up to where people like you are made. I feel the moon agree that you take me up there with you as its rays paint your face, so only me can see your true beauty.

  I unknowingly pull you closer to me while staring at you, our bodies pressed up against each other. You're like magic. Lighting me up with each of your touch, your skin a burning fire hidden behind a milky cream colour. Perhaps, you can see the stars in my eyes too. Those stars, the stars I am seeing everywhere. Because all I see is you. You, and your living stars. Maybe you're turning me into a star too, because everything you touch lights up.

  As I try to understand what you are doing to me, you resume our previous position and pull me into another crazy dance, only this time, I can feel everything perfectly. My world is not the same anymore. You're lifting me off the ground so effortlessly and suddenly, I feel we're walking on thin air, always going higher and higher. The clouds are now under us to soften our steps. Your giggles are fireworks exploding all around and inside of me. The stars are spinning around with us so fast in this mad merry-go-round.

  I can hear the bells ringing, the violins, the triangles, even the angels singing for us. You can hear the music too, it's not just in my head. They are playing this music only for us two. We are million miles away from Earth, floating up so high. We are shining together, casting our lights down, here in our own world. We are the stars, mingled with fireflies and snowflakes.

  I never want to stop looking at you. I tighten my grip on you, afraid that if I let you go, I'd fall. I tighten my grip on you to make this moment last forever. I tighten my grip on you to feel you more, to love you more. I look deeper in your eyes, getting so much closer to you. I'm feeling so ecstatic just by doing so. I can see that you're happy as well, and we just stare at each other for a moment, savouring it. Your eyes are smiling at me and I wish I could do the same to return it to you. That's when I surprise myself by leaning in, going for a kiss, slowly intertwining our fingers together. You squeeze my hand very gently, sending my heart beat insanely.

  But the smile on your face fades in a split second. Someone is calling for you. I suddenly remember about them. About the party going on there. You remember about them too and untangle our fingers to slowly walk away from me. There's no more stars, no more bells nor angels.

  You're returning to the world you belong to, with them.

  Our time together is over.

  Because everything revolves around the bright light that you are.

  But I hope that someday, yes, someday; I'll be able to tell you about how one night, you made my world start shining and spinning around forever.

  I hope that our worlds of stars can collide together again.

  I hope to tell you that while dancing on the clouds with you in this starry night sky, I have fallen for you Sunny.