[Your Guardian Angel (neoui suhojaro)]

Miracle in December [Your Guardian Angel (neoui suhojaro)]

Wearing a long sleeves floral shirt with black jeans and white sneakers and holding a small ‘messenger bag’  , you walked alone down the streets nearby your house . Just wanting to feel the night breeze brushing your face besides taking your time off due to the tiring day you had . It seemed that today luck wasn’t on your side again . Everything didn’t went well since this morning .

 

*flashback to this morning

-          You were scolded by your lecturer for attending his class late resulting you to be kicked out off class . You couldn’t do anything besides babble to yourself since the reason for you to come in late was because of a man walking on the streets spilt his hot coffee on you blouse which leads you back home . While babbling to yourself , you bumped into a woman holding tons of file and made a mess .Despite the word sorry coming out from your mouth a hundred times and helping her picking up the scattered papers , she only gave you a sharp glare before leaving . You were only like O.O and went to a coffee shop nearby and ordered yourself a nice a hot chocolate since it was cold . ‘It’s December and it is already winter’ you thought to yourself . ‘How times flies so fast’ . When you had already finished and were about to pay for your hot drink , you again bumped into a person but this time was a guy . You hit your on the cold floor but quickly got up to apologize to the guy . Without even looking , he started scolding you . The moment he looked up to see the person he bumped into , he smirked then left a spiteful remark and insults you .

 

*present

You were walking without any direction and just realized that your feet brought you to a park , sitting on a swing not far from a street lamp .

“Mom , Mom , Mom … Dad , Dad , Dad … Why is luck on my side today ? Is luck forever not on my side ? /’:” .

You send a text to you parents and sighed heavily . You adjust your big , round , thick spectacles that is falling down your nose and stood . You decided to go back home since it was nearly getting late .

“You filthy black nerdy goat . How dare you bump into high-classed guy like me !? Go reflect yourself before bumping someone like me ! Your parents must be ashamed having a child like you . Why do you love causing trouble here and there , huh black goat !?”

The words the guy at the coffee shop this evening threw at you kept on repeating in your head . You walked as slow as a turtle . You felt you legs became heavy as heavy as your tears stagnant in your eyes . You didn’t wanted to cry because you were use to spiteful remarks like that . But tonight you had enough . You always needed to cry alone … when no one is watching . Somehow , this way felt relieving . You reached a bridge before your house but suddenly fell on your knees and cried as loud as you could .

“Mom ! Dad ! Why did you ever leave your daughter alone !? What big sin have I committed towards you both until you guys dare to leave me on this planet alone !?”

You hit the bars beside you . You didn’t care how much your hand hurts from hitting the bars . You only cared for your feelings .

 

Your parents weren’t there for you after you turned 17 . The hero and queen you admired all this while went far , leaving you on a planet called earth . The spirit that brought you up vanished just like that . In a blink of an eye , *poof . Gone . You lived alone onwards . You gathered all the courage after a long while just to stand again . But this time , you stood on your own feet with any support from the back . Even though you had an aunt , she lived overseas . She only banked in money into your account every 2 months for your expenses . Even so , you still search for a part time job and worked your off .

 

The cold wind blows . Your face was getting pale and freezing and your tears had dried up . After a while , you were in that position , you wanted to get up and head home . As you started walking , your tears fell again but weren’t flowing as heavily as before . You passed by a guy in a dark green sweater with his hoodie on and collided your shoulder with him .

“I’m sorry” , you apologized with you head down . You thought he was going to insult you just like the all the guys use to .

“Oh , me too . Sorry” , he briefly replied and continued walking .

You were surprised that he didn’t complete your daily routine by insulting you whenever you collide with people especially guys . The wind suddenly blew harder and made you shivered . There was a feeling asking  you to turn around to see that guy again . You turned around and observed the guy . He looked completely down by seeing the way he walks . He stopped his steps when he was in the middle if the bridge . For about 2 minutes he blankly stared the sky but then he lifted his right foot and put them on the bar . You weren’t suspicious until he stood on the bar with both feet . Seemed like he was committing a suicide , with your face still wet with tears , you ran and pulled him down by his shirt before he could jump into the manmade lake . You both fell and he oppressed your arm .

“Ah !” , you screamed a little with your little voice .

 

You stayed put until the guy stand up and shouted , “Why on earth did you do that !? I didn’t ever interrupt your life before . In fact , I don’t know you ! Go away from my sight . Are all girls this useless !?”

You got up slowly saying  “Just thank me you freaking weirdo . That is truly correct , you don’t even know me . Same goes for me . But if you would kindly kill yourself when there’s no people around , that would be super great . I am not willing to be a witness at the moment and forever not willing to . Could you even offer me like ‘hey could you be a witness , I’m trying to kill myself right now’ ….” , you imitate who-so-ever’s voice . The guy was totally dumfounded but you still continue “so if you would pretty please excuse me …” , and you made your way .

Several steps ahead , you felt your left arm being pulled hard . The next thing you remembered is being in a man’s embrace . The pain being pulled disappeared right away .You heard a loud sobbing and your right shoulder felt wet . He cried as loud as he could that you thought your eardrums would have burst . You were dumbfounded until he pulled his body away from yours .

“Sorry , I had a bad day . It was a disaster” .

You only looked at his face with a blank expression searching for answers but the guy only bowed his head a little and said thank you before walking in the opposite direction .

 

“Hey ! If you’re thankful , prove it to me ! You made my clothes all wet and now you’re running from guilt ?” , you slightly yelled at him . To be honest , you were afraid that would kill himself alone like you said to him earlier . A minute later , he turned and slightly smile while looking at your feet . When he looked at your face , he opened his mouth and said , “How about a nice hot chocolate together to prove that I’m thankful . My treat since it’s nearly Christmas” . You exhaled in relief since you thought he was going to leave spiteful remarks . Without any hesitation , you agreed quickly to his offer .

 

On the way to the coffee shop , the first snow for that year starts falling . “Woaah …..” , you held out your hand and let the snowflakes fall on your palm . You flash a wide smile that you hid all this while . Winter was your forever favorite season . Unknowingly , the guy beside you stared at you and smiled . He felt as happy as you were that night , forgetting the scene that happened back then ,

 

At the coffee shop , he apologized for acting stupid in front of you . You only nodded several times and slightly but warmly smiled . You didn’t know what to do since it was the first time of your life going out with a freaking HANDSOME and complete stranger that tried to kill himself in front of your eyes . He noticed that you kept holding your left arm . Without even asking why , he softly pulled your arm . With a worried face , he asked in a concern tone , “Does it hurt that bad ?”.

‘How long has it been since anyone cared about me ?’ , your eyes were watery . Seeing you without words , he drag you out off the shop and took a cab straight to the hospital .

 

After the x-ray , the doctor said that your arm bone is cracked but not so serious . Even so , you had treatment for your arm and got it bandaged . You were relief that it wasn’t so serious and still had a smile on but only to see a man beside you felt very guilty . He insist on paying all the treatment for your arm even if you push him aside saying that you’ll pay for it yourself . ‘No use’ , you thought to yourself . So you  just said thanks and walked straight out from the hospital as fast as you could .

A few meters away , you thought that he wasn’t following you since he was not in your sight so you happily walked home by yourself . ‘Maybe my day wasn’t bad after all … since there’s some freaking guy who had a disaster nightmare till deciding to end his life once and for all ….’ . You walked home happily , enjoying the falling snow .

 

Soon as you close your door and head towards your room , *ting tong* there was a knock on your door . “Who could be knocking at this hour ?” . You looked at the clock , it shows that it’s half past eleven . You remembered nothing about ordering things online nor inviting anyone to your house . You looked at the screen where a camera is placed outside the door and saw it was the weirdo guy earlier . “OW ! MA ! GAWD ! HOW ON EARTH DOES HE KNOW WHERE I LIVE !!??” .

You scratched the back of your head and mess up your hair , jogging in a spot , hesitating whether to open the door or not . “Ah ! That’s right . Just act like I’m not home or as if I’m already asleep !” , you snap your fingers as if you just got one brilliant idea .

“I know you’re in there . Please open up . How could you be sleeping since you just got home not for not even 5 minutes . It chilling out here . Just let me in for a cup of coffee .” , he knocked on the door louder . ‘How did he know I just arrive home !?” ,  you were shocked to what he had just said . “Is it possible for a young sweet girl letting a handsome guy freeze to death on winter !?” . You froze for a while , thinking whether you should open the door or not .

‘I don’t wanna be a murderer’ , you thought to yourself . ‘ What if the police finds me !? I don’t wanna be in jail …. I’m only 19 !’ . *knock knock knock* “Please …” , the knocking on the door stopped your wonders . You had no other choice than letting him in . How could you even able to let a person die in the cold . If you even had an intention on locking him out and let him freeze to death , then what’s the point of stopping him killing himself earlier ?

You opened the door with the `what do you want now -,-` face . He smiled and said “I knew a soft-hearted girl like you wouldn’t let a hot guy like me die out there” while ruffling your hair which made it messier . You were shocked by his action and you felt as if your brain was not functioning anymore . ‘Mom … what did he just did to me ? O.O’ , your little heart spoke .

 

You were standing in front of a couch crossing your arms . “Aghh ! This freaking weirdo ! He said he wanted to come in just for a cup of coffee but look what’s happening now …” . You stared down to your knee level . “… he’s already fast asleep . What am I gonna now ?” . You whined like a little 4-years-old girl scratching the back of your head . The feeling of kicking the couch came . But you just put your hands down and went in to your room to get a blanket and tuck him .

You got up to go to bed when you suddenly felt someone grabbing you wrist . “No , don’t leave ! Please ! HwaJin ! I did wrong ! Don’t leave me ~” , you turn towards the owner of the hand and see him sobbing . He cried just like a child having nightmares . He was even sweating . As he tighten the grip on your hand , you quickly fell on your knees beside him and start to calm him down .

 

You woke up at 6 30 and took a look around the room . ‘When did I get in here ?’ . As soon as you remembered what happen ,  you jump out of the bed and run out of the room just to find him sleeping on the couch like yesterday . ‘Maybe I sleep walked ??’ , you made your own conclusion .

After shower , you cooked a simple breakfast for the guy and left a note saying ‘do leave after breakfast . I am sure to not see you again when I come back home this evening’ . You left early since you had a class at 9 00 and that you already noted that you don’t wanna be kicked out of the class again .

 

You arrived home late after finishing your part time work . You were too tired that you came in and just crash your body on the bed without washing yourself nor changing clothes . You were about to fly to dreamland when you here a deep voice nagging . You eyes popped out , shocked to see that ‘he’ was still in your house only in different clothes .

“What on earth are you still doing in my house !? Do you not know that trespassing someone's house is an offense !?”, you half-shouted at him . He only smiled and stuck his hand out . “Hi , I haven’t introduce myself formally yet . I’m JoonMyeon” , he introduce himself . Your eyes grew smaller than usual as if you’re suspecting something fishy . ‘JoonMyeon huh ?’ . He waved his hand a little as a signal for you to shake hands with him . When you didn’t move even an inch , he grabbed your hand and shake it . “There … that was easy isn’t it ?” , and smiled widely .

“You ! Didn’t I leave a note asking you to leave after breakfast !? Why are you still here !?” , You pointed your index finger towards his face . He simply push away your finger but still had a cloudless expression . “I’m gonna stay here until your arm fully recover . Anyways , I’m the one who made you arm into this kind of state” , he raise your left arm in front of your face .

You smirked after a few seconds of thinking . You went near JoonMyeon , changing  your voice intonation and face expression . “Oh really ? How are you so sure to stay with a stranger like me . How do you know if I’m a normal girl or a murderer ? Maybe I’m a kidnapper . I can kidnap you , and tie you up , and hide you in my store , so that no one can find you anymore . Then I will throw your phone into the sea and belongings into the jungle where no one can find it . Hah Hah Hah !” , you stare him deeply .

*Gulp “Is your store big or small ?” he ask bluntly . “And can you just keep my phone and not throw it in the sea ?” , he made a ‘please don’t’ face . You could just smirk and did a sarcasm face , ‘ow-em-gee I can’t believe a big grown man could believe such childish things’ , you shook your head . You were about to walk away  when he knock your head . “Ah !” . You gave a glare to him . “For what , excuse me !?” .”You really think I would believe in such hilarious things ? Don’t make my stomach burst , will yah ?” , he made a -,- face . He then grab you by your shoulders and turned you around towards the toilet , “Now , go and clean yourself you stinky little brat . Afterwards , let’s have dinner together” . “But but I just …..” , he cut you saying  “No buts missy !” .

 

Two weeks living together with JoonMyeon feels like seeing a high-speed train at a train station . Just after you guys went to the hospital for the last check-up for your arm , he disappeared just like the wind . No news , no message , no last words . Only a book that was left and a selca of you both in your phone .

You were tired of denying your own feelings . Yes , you liked him . You fell for him . No , it’s not the feelings when you see gazillions of handsome strangers on the streets or at campus . Nor the feelings when you have a crush on your senior at campus . Not any of that . It’s like …………… you fell deeply . You fell ………..

.

.

.

……… in love .

Unknowingly ..

Unexpectedly ..

 

*12 Months later . [December the next year]

“Hi , is this seat taken ?” , a guy wearing spectacles and a light beard asked . You looked up and just shook your head and slightly smiled .

After a while …..

“May I borrow the book you’re reading ?” , the guy asked . “Huhm ? Oh ,, well …. I’m reading it .. as you can see” , you said bluntly . “I love the title of the book . Can’t I borrow it just for a day ? I promise to return it to you tomorrow .. Here” , he pointed down meaning the place you were both at . After a while thinking , you lend him the book with hesitation . You really didn’t want to give the book since it was JoonMyeon’s book but seeing that he really wanted to borrow it . JoonMyeon left the book at your house before disappearing to nowhere . Now , the book is something you really treasure in life .

 

*the next day

You waited at the library , sitting at the same spot you sat yesterday , waiting for the guy whom you lend JoonMyeon’s book . 3 hours waiting , you kept looking at the selca you took  with JoonMyeon until you fell asleep . When you woke up , you looked at your watch in a rush . It was nearly 5 30 pm . You only slept for about 30 minutes but you felt as if you slept for hours .

You were cursing the guy who borrowed JoonMyeon’s book when your eyes landed on a book in front of the table you were sitting . You observed the book from afar before you stood to get the book .

“Miracle in December” , you read the title of the book . ‘It’s JoonMyeon’s book’ , you said to yourself . You took a look around you if the owner was around .  You reach for the book and there was JoonMyeon’s name written on the cover . You opened the first page and saw a note saying ,

 ‘6 pm at the coffee shop beside the window . I’ll be waiting for you  in white , my lovely Hana . Don’t be late , you’ll die in my hands ;)    -your suhojaro-‘

You were curious about this ‘your suhojaro’ guy . A year without JoonMyeon’s existence , you kept on receiving a note that was sticked on your door after coming home on a tiring day . The note always goes with your mood and what happened on that day .

‘You’re strong enough today . But still remember , you will still lose in my hands . Ha ha ha … –neoui suhojaro-‘

‘You’re the prettiest when you smile . Keep on smiling (: -neoui suhojaro-‘

‘On your hard days , I will wipe away your tears . I will … -neoui suhojaro-‘

‘I will protect you even if everyone turns their back on you . –neoui suhojaro-‘

‘Don’t cry . It breaks me )’; We both know that you look ugly when you cry ! D'; -neoui suhojaro-‘

Even if the message was a bit irritating , it succeed making you smile . You didn’t knew who was behind these notes but what you knew was it cheers you up and gives you courage to face the upcoming days .

You looked at your watch showing it was already 5 45 . “15 minutes left !?” . You then looked at your clothes . You were fighting with yourself whether to just run to the coffee shop or go home and change into something nicer .

 

You reached at the coffee shop , panting . You took your breath before you went in . Suddenly a waitress came up to you and asked for your name .

“This way please …” , the waitress leaded you to a table beside the window . There was a man sitting at the table  facing his back . Your heart trembled out of the blue , your were nervous by sudden . Your forehead were sweating and your hands became cold .

The man in white suddenly turned looking at you and smile . At that time you were blank and your brain couldn’t process a thing . You took a step backwards . You looked at that guy in disbelieve . The guy stood and pulled you and made you sit in front of him .

“Jo … Joo … Jo … Joon , JonMyeon ?” , you stuttered . He smiled and nodded . “Yes , it me . Hi , how have you been ?” , he flashed a smile that you’ve been dying to see . ‘You haven’t changed a bit’ , you thought to yourself . Your eyes were teary . “By the way , my name is JoonMyeon … not JonMyeon.” , he chuckled .

*tuk , You dug you head into your arms but knocked down your forehead on the table by mistake .

 “HuwaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAA ! !@#$%^&* … JoonMyeoooooooon . Huwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ~ “

You cried just like a little baby you wanting a milk . “Shhhhhh ~ Why are you crying when you were the one who knocked you head head on the table for no reasons ? Shhhhhhh ~ Anyways , what are you saying . I can’t hear you well” , he patted your arm to calm you down .

However , you cried even louder .“Why are you like this , jinjja ….!? Please don’t cry . You look hideous and everybody will think that I’m a bad guy for making you look ugly …” , he patted on your arms a little bit harder than before . He was uncomfortable since every eyes in the shop landed on you both .

You lifted you head up and stared deeply into his eyes . If your glare could harm people , JoonMyeon would be dead by now . “What did you say !?” , you said in a serious tone . JoonMyeon was lost of words .

“HUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!! HOW COULD YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ?!!” , You cried as if you owned the coffee shop . This time you didn’t dug you head into you arm but you covered your face with your hands .

JoonMyeon then went beside you and your back . “Okay , I’m sorry . Will you please stop . Pretty please …………………………………………………………………………” , he sounded like he was begging .

You instantly made no sound but was still crying . After a while , you again stared into his eyes deeply . “I want hot chocolate!” , you told him sounding like a chairman . He immediately called the waiter to take you order . You just buried your face in your arms .

Before the hot chocolate was served , you already drifted away to dreamland . JoonMyeon could only sigh , then chuckled and shook his head .

You woke up and looked at your watch . It was 8 30 pm . You looked up and saw JoonMyeon in front of you with his hands and legs crossed . “Hi , hello . how was your sleep ?” , he warmly smiled . You froze then shed a tear . He smirked . “Again ?”

“You !” , pointed towards his face . He raised an eyebrow while looking at you finger . “How .. could you .. leave me ..” , you pulled your hands away while your voice was getting lower .

“What ? , I can’t hear you” , he said playfully , teasing you . “I said …., how could you leave me !?” , you became angry . “Hahahahaha” , he could just laughed endlessly .

“What’s so funny !?” , you wiped your tears . It took a while for him to calm himself down and it was your turn to cross both your hands and legs . “Just finish your hot chocolate . I ordered another one and drank the first one before it gets cold . Did you lack sleep until you slept just after you cried ?” , he started laughing again . You just looked at him with -,- eyes .

You hurriedly finish your hot chocolate and paid for your drink , leaving him laughing non-stop . You walked slowly down the streets when you felt an arm around your neck . “Let’s go together” , JoonMyeon said , giving you his killer smile . You heart melt rather than feeling mad .

 

“So ………. You are ….. my suhojaro ?” , you asked him bluntly . He sincerely smiled , “Of course” . You both strolled at a park eating cotton candy . “Then , why did you leave me behind just like that and kept sticking notes at my door ?” . “Just observing if you’re the right one for me” , he stopped walking and turned your body towards him so that your eyes met . “And you are ….” , he said smiling . His eyes were watery .

You were dumbfounded , processing what was going on . “But hey , I didn’t left you behind alone okay . I purposely left my favorite book with you so you could feel what I feel” , he continued . “Huh ? Whut whut what do you mean ?” , you frown . “Oh !? Miracle in December !? You purposely left ………. This book for me !?” , you took the book out of your bag .

He just nodded . “Was it great ? Can I have it back , now ?” , he held his hands out in front of you . “Yes …. It was great . it was ….. fascinating . but wait ! You purposely left at my house , so now it’s mine !” , you held the book behind your back .

He ruffled your hair and chuckled . He then continue walking . You chase up to him . “But then , you must know who’s the guy who borrowed this book yesterday . Well yeah , since you left a note inside this book” .

“Ow Ma Gahd !” , JoonMyeon half shouted and looked at you with eyes that were going to pop out any time . You were shocked to his sudden reaction that your hands immediately slapped his arm without any instructions from your brain . “Ouch ! That hurts !” . “Dare doing that again , I might slap you in the face” , you made a sarcasm face .

“Now …. Finish your story , suhojaro” , you sat on a bench , feeling tired walking . JoonMyeon with a disgusted face followed you and sat on the bench . “You seriously don’t recognize huh ?” , he asked . “JoonMyeon-ssi who is pretty smart looking , I wouldn’t ask if I recognize him earlier” .

“So you really miss the handsome me so much I see” , he turned him head towards you . You were only with you O.o face . “That guy was me . I purposely wore spectacles and  just shaved this morning” . You were still dumfounded .

“And now ………..” , he stood in front of you and took out a small box from his coat . He kneeled in a propose style and open the box with a necklace in it facing towards you . He stared into your eyes with a meaning  . “Hana …. You changed me since I met you on the bridge . You were ……….” , he looked at the bench and looked at you again .

“different . You may not be pretty like other girls but you sure are strong enough as a young girl without anyone to catch you when you fall . Seeing you like this …, a part of myself hurts . The reason of me disappearing like the wind and left those notes on your door is to confirm my feelings towards you . I don’t wanna be a guy who disappoints you and I don’t want to be disappointed again . Once was enough that even leaded me to commit a suicide . Before you say anything , I wanna say that I don’t care about your past , but I definitely care about your future . And I don’t even care about your standard because it doesn’t guarantee happiness . And now , you are my happiness . Seeing you from afar makes me happy even if it kills me . In my eyes , you are pretty in whatever clothes you wear , even in your part time uniform . To me , you are the prettiest when you smile , cry or even when you just woke up .Would you like ….., be with me ? Because I like you .. No .! More than that ! Can you let me be in your future with you ?” , he continued .

 

You dropped your cotton candy and tilt you head a little . “Did you just confessed to me ?” , you made a weird face . “OMG ! You just did , right !? You just confessed to me !” , you half shouted and quickly covered you mouth with your hand . “Sorry …..” , you apologize . He just chuckled and shook his head .

“So ……….?”, he asked . You slowly nodded and your tears fell . As soon as you said yes , the first snow of the year fell . The scene at that time became even romantic when he wore the necklace with the name ‘suho’ in it . “From now on , call me Suho . I’ll be your Suho” , he demand .

 

You were on your way home with your hand intertwined with Suho’s . “Suho , why does every people who pass by us stare at us and laugh ?” , you asked just like a child . He just smiled . “Maybe because you’re not pretty but I’m handsome” , he looked at you . You just gave a glare to him before looking to the ground .

He just laughed . “Hana , hana , hana . I like you when people sees you as an ugly girl” , he stopped and looked at you . “And why is that so ? Are you making fun of me right now ?” , you were about to get angry when he replied , “No . because then no one will take you away from me . And because you will only look pretty in MY eyes” . You could see the sincerity in his eyes and words . You then smiled . “Thank you ..” . Those 2 words were the only thing you could say .

“It’s truly a Miracle in December isn’t it ?” , Suho said . He put your intertwined hands inside his pocket .