3

Coffee

‘Aish, Hae Rin was right… Why am I burdening myself just for someone who didn’t love me anymore?’ Baek scratched his head. He felt guilty for leaving you at the café without saying sorry.

“Ah, I will apologize to her in class tomorrow.” Baek made his way back to his home.

*

“The class is cancelled? Aish…”

Baek went to the café again. This time, the waitress delivered the coffee before he makes an order.

“You ordered the same beverage every day. But today someone has ordered it for you.” The waitress explained.

“Who?”

“It’s me.” You appeared all of sudden between them.

“Hae Rin! You’re here! I’m… I’m sorry bout yesterday.” Baek looked down.

“Haha, it’s okay. You went to college today, right? Something changed your mind?” You sat in front of him. The waitress continued her work.

“It’s just, I want to forget her. But I can’t. It’s too hard for me.” Baek took a sip of the coffee.

“I see. Hmm…the coffee. Doesn’t it taste different?”

“Yeah. This macchiato is much lighter. Why?”

“Because it’s not the regular coffee that you drink every day. It’s cappuccino, Baek.”

“Really? I… I didn’t realize it.” Baek replied.

“See? You drink the same thing everyday but you forget that there are many types of coffee in this café. The appearance may look the same, but the taste is different.”

“So… Is there anything you want to relate?”

“Yeah. It goes the same with love. There are many types of love in this world, Baek. It’s not only macchiato. Americano may taste much bitter, and latte has more creamers. But it’s all from the same base, espresso. You have to move on, Baek. That’s the only way to forget Taeyeon. Try something new. I mean, explore the new love. You’ll fine your destiny one day.”

“Ah, you… you know a lot. But yeah, you’re right.” You smiled; glad to see Baek has realized his mistakes.

“Thanks Hae Rin. Maybe, we can enjoy other coffee together after this? Since you know about it a lot.” Baek smiled. You smiled back, showing your cute eye smile.

“Hmm, I’m sorry Baek. But actually, I don’t drink coffee…”