Story

Sleeping Monster

 

The boys are all tired after practicing that night. They are exhausted because they are in the middle of a promotion period. Filming there, guesting here, they have a full schedule this week and everyone wants to rest.

 

After eating dinner and taking bath, the members went to their rooms to have at least three hours of sleep. They can't afford to have a little talk right now, because their body and mind is screaming for a rest.

 

 The assigned room assignments for this period are like this:

 

Ravi-Kong

Leo-Hyuk

N-Ken

 

The group one by one entered their rooms. N doesn't know but he finds himself still sitting on the sofa outside their room.

 

“Hyung! Aren't we supposed to sleep now? Come on.”

 

He came back to reality when he heard his roommate calling him.

 

“Yeah. I was about to.”

 

He entered the room and quickly lay on his bed. In a few moments, he drifted to sleep.

 

N woke up when he felt something on his top.

 

“What is this guy doing here?” He said with a little annoyed tone.

 

He checked the time. It's just 4 am in the morning.

 

“Ken. Ken, wake up.”

 

He tried to wake him and push him but his effort gave no result.

 

He gets frustrated now. How is he going to sleep with this dork on top of him?

 

After a few while, Ken tighted his arm towards N's body.

 

What does he suppose to do now? The more he pushed Ken off, the more tight his hug becomes.

 

“What does he think of me? A pillow?”

 

N was about to give up and let himself sleep when he heard...

 

“N hyung! Saranghaeyo.”

 

 To his shock, he pushed Ken hard that the boy fell to the ground.

 

“Aww. What was that?” Ken said with a sleepy tone.

 

“D-do you know what you just said?”

 

Ken looked at him with a little confused look.

 

“What? I just woke up and I found myself here in the ground. Tch. I'm in the middle of my beautiful dream but it got interrupted.”

 

N's heart is pounding fast now. The things that just happened a while ago was a bit frustrating but deep inside, Ken being so close to him that way brings him to cloud 9.

 

“K-ken. Tell me, what was your dream about?”

 

Ken smiled and his eyes became dreamy.

 

“I've dreamed of the person I like the most.” Ken said with a little smile on his face.

 

N's heart is now beating faster than ever. Could it be?

 

“W-who is that person, Ken?”

 

Ken looked away as he heard the question.

 

“I-i can't tell you hyung.”

 

N felt the determination to know that person. He stood up from bed and sit beside his roommate. He made Ken look at him in the eye.

 

“Lee Jaehwan. Look at me and tell me who's this guy you like the most.”

 

He sounded a little scary now, which made Ken bowed his head a little.

 

“Ken I'll be angry. Tell me, so that we can sleep.”

 

N is not letting go of this. He maybe a little desperate but he just wanted to know it badly.

 

“.........”

 

The little hope in him is slowly fading as he hear no response from Ken.

 

It's nearly five o'clock and he just have 2 hours left to sleep.

 

He let go of Ken and stood up.

 

He was about to walk towards his bed when he felt a hug from behind.

 

“Hyung! It is you. I like you the most in this world, Cha Hakyeon-hyung.”

 

A smile formed to N's face as he said...

 

“That's what I've been waiting to hear, Jaehwan-ah.”

 

Without breaking the hug, they lay on the bed and whispered “saranghaeyo”. They hugged each other tight as sleep took over them.

 

They both don't know what will happen in the morning, but for now this moment is the most important and what matters most.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------