Tis Kyungsoo~

The one with the power
Sometimes Sehun thinks it's idiotic how everyone voluntarily grovels at Kyungsoo's tiny feet. Other times, he thinks he can understand.
 

 

When Kyungsoo came, at first Sehun thinks nothing of him. But soon after, he thinks to himself 'this is it. He is the one'. Kyungsoo, Sehun is sure, is the key to Sehun's plan of becoming the King of Exo.
 
 
Jongin and Chanyeol ("that's a 'hyung' to you", he's been told, but since this is his internal monologue, he reckons why bother really, since he wouldn't mean it when he uses the suffix anyway) has been the quickest to fall. As soon as he was introduced to them as another member of K, he can see it in their eyes. If one of those heart filled eyes he sees on mangas are replicated in real life, that would be it. They are also still the most blatant and obvious about it to this very day. Their grovel is quite literal. The moment Kyungsoo so much as sighs, they would break the speed of light to be the first to reach him and hand on whatever he needs with their hands and feet.
 
The only difference between the two is that Chanyeol is a tad bit more protective of the little guy than Jongin is. It's not much, and his eyes doesn't even burn the way Jongin's did when someone annoyed Kyungsoo more than necessary (because sometimes Sehun thinks everyone annoys Kyungsoo when they so much as breathe in his proximity), but his evil revenge pranks towards the same sort of people tells Sehun enough.
 
With Suho, he had expected the guy to have more pride, and would not fall as easily. Especially after being told he's the most likely candidate of the leader of K earlier in the week. The older guy was even standing differently, basking in his new light at the feeling of power. 
 
When he did fall, he fell the hardest. It didn't even take all that much. Sehun could see Kyungsoo preparing himself for a whole process of slowly but surely inserting himself to Suho's side in the guise of the-only-rational-member-the-leader-can-always-count-on (one of the more prominent type of members that all kpop groups would have). But after only a couple of helpful gestures from Kyungsoo, Suho was a goner. Sehun supposes in that sense, Suho fell too quickly as well.
 
Not long after, Baekhyun was introduced as the last member of K. This person, Sehun initially thought, will be the downfall of Kyungsoo. The only-slightly-smaller male's days are numbered now. But he has underestimated the power of the said male. 
 
Sehun hadn't even realized he has Baekhyun down already when he realized that day everyone's mood hasn't been down because the funny new guy has been whisked away on a tour of the building, but because Kyungsoo has been the one to ask said funny new guy and hadn't extended his invitation to the rest of the members. The look of the smug 'I got to be alone with him and not you guys, heh' on his face told Sehun that he is now in the same place as the rest of them.
 
From then on, Baekhyun predictably became a sole monopolizer of Kyungsoo. His ways are casual, but effective. He would normally start with light verbal teasing before quickly in a snowball effect kind of way turning the teasing to end up with a more touchy, skinshippy note. It was mostly finalized with an annoyed Kyungsoo putting Baekhyun in some sort of a wrestling lock or in the very least a smack upside the head, but the way Baekhyun smirks at the others after only makes them realize how lucky the frickin kid is to be in the position of being willingly touched by Kyungsoo himself (since Kyungsoo could never in a million years actually hurt them anyway).
 
Chanyeol and Kai was quick to follow his footsteps. ChanKai (as Sehun was informed their couple name was, although he wonders why anyone would even bother to join their names together as a couple couple when both are obviously invested with Kyungsoo, although it is quite useful for calling the two idiots of K. Perhaps that is the intention of the couple name) are always looking out for ways to be noticed more in the eyes of their beloved Soo (or Soo-hyung as Jongin's case may be), and since they themselves are rather horrible at it, they would normally use the material from their various researches consisting of either random dramas or other K members. Or from Super Junior sunbaenims. There are lots of material there. But since the most the most successful method that is Kyungsoo-specific came from Baek, they both decided the Baek-method it shall be.
 
The problem with ChanKai following Baekhyun's methods is that they are not very skilled in getting Kyungsoo annoyed in just the right way. Their normal methods would simply result in either Kyungsoo rolling his eyes and ignoring them completely, or walk out of the room and slamming the door. However Jongin fared better with the skinship part of the method because for some reason, Kyungsoo is more tolerant with his touches (Sehun thinks this may have something to do with the fact that they are roommates and were probably forced to bump skins at some point). Kyungsoo simply walks away from Chanyeol whenever he attempted to do the same. Sehun worried at that time that Baekhyun's monopolization of Kyungsoo will ruin his plan. But then there is EXO M.
 
Minseok was the first of M to be joining the club. He fell easily the way Jongin and Chanyeol did. However, the similarity ends there. He turns up his nose at their groveling. He was not even nearly as protective or possessive as some others have become. Sehun nearly missed his fall had it not been for the fact that he was looking at the much older man's general direction the moment the groups are introduced to each other and saw his silent squeal. His entry to the club has been followed by suspicious eyeing from its current members. 
 
Nowadays, seeing him go about his bussiness, Sehun wondered how he ever missed this one fall. Minseok have been the one to start with all sorts of nicknames (not many has been popular with the rest of the exo members, but his nicknames were always the pioneer for other -Soo nicknames that actually gets stuck and is eventually used by everyone). He was the start of the obnoxious Kyungsoo cuddling, time hogging and present buying. Basically, Minseok pioneered a disaster of jealous exo members wanting to do cheesy boyfriend stuff with their 'baby-Soo'. Quite like the man himself. Sehun can definitely imagine him being the cheesy boyfriend.
 
Kris, Sehun thought would be the end of the chaos. What Sehun miscalculated yet again was Kyungsoo's power making his poor victims fall. Kris was into both Kyungsoo and (what Sehun called) the "cheesy boyfriends" mess. 
 
He wrecked havoc with it too. He brought his strategic mind and his actually respected leader position to think up the best ways to intercept others' precious 'Soo moment' and ensure it stays that way. He was definitely a good competitor in the already messed-up happenings, but Sehun thinks it's more amusing for him this way.
 
He had a good fun with it until the same things started happening over and over again. Many of the exo members are rather unimaginative, except maybe Kris' strategies (Sehun would never admit it, but he was rather impressed by the stuff the exo M leader pulled out of his arse. Despite what his drawings look like, that man is Picasso in his own right). Even then, once Kris realizes the other's uncreative streak, he became rather lazy with the theatrics himself.
 
Sehun was contemplating adding Jongdae into the equation to spice things up a little. He knows the man definitely will do so, knowing how much of a little casanova he is. Otherwise, he was just contemplating on breaking the whole thing himself since the situation is getting rather tedious anyway. But before he could do either, one of the remaining survivors falls.
 
At first Sehun didn't realize it. He wasn't exactly sure if this is because it happened in a slow and subtle way or it happened so quickly he missed it, but one day there was no more violent vying of Kyungsoo's attention. The members went back to their semi normal ways of casual touches and sliding on to Kyungsoo as carefully as you would a wild animal or a piece of very breakable and extremely precious china. All except for the one member. One who is probably the cause of the sort of peace around the dorm. Sehun knows Yixing is many things, but until today, surprising and sneaky hadn't been one of them.
 
Somehow, Yixing seems to have managed to convince everyone that their old ways of being slow and casual with their 'cute baby-boo' is their best approach. Sehun suspects it has to do with making them think that Kyungsoo was getting tired from their relentless chase and arguments and taking advantage of said male's random high temperature condition a couple of nights ago as 'evidence' because everyone seems to be treating him as if he is more fragile than they thought he was previously. Yixing did a great job putting out the raging i-love-Kyungsoo fire, but it didn't stop the rest of the members from falling.
 
Luhan is a walking contradiction. Sehun have always wondered how anyone with a pretty flower-boy look can be as manly as he is. He doesn't even shave as much as Sehun does!! Yet whenever the room they currently reside in is blessed with something like a flying cockroach or a huge hairy spider of sorts, Luhan would be the only member who would be positively calm enough to be disposing the creatures safely (the others would at least make some sort of disgusted face. Even leader-hyung Kris). 
 
But to contradict this extremely manly personality, Sehun (and pretty much everyone else) knows that Luhan has a thing for cute looking creatures. Previously he was already developing a soft spot for M's maknae Zitao albeit the fact that it would be awkward for him to baby Tao (simply because he is Tao) and cuddle with a person much taller than he is (he told Sehun this himself) before being introduced to K and K's vocalist. After that, he develops what he had with Tao and more with the anime-eyed male. The cuddling and babying comes pretty quickly too. Kyungsoo's (very extremely but this is a rather taboo subject so Sehun will keep this within the brackets even inside his head) small-statured self and oblivious facial expression made sure of this.
 
Unlike Luhan, Zitao has quite the manly image, being the wushu master of the group and whatnot. His tall and quite built body counts a lot towards this image too, covering what his voice reveals of his personality, although this does not matter as much since Zitao is a quiet person anyway. Another point to his manliness. Also unlike Luhan though, his personality is anything but. 
 
It didn't exactly surprise Sehun when it turns out that Zitao have the exact same thing Luhan has with cute creatures. Sehun has caught him a couple of times crooning something that he can only understand as gibberish, but knows is probably chineese to a stray kitten, softly caressing its fur. The same caress is used now towards the object of everyone's attention, all subtle, careful and caring with a hint of "AAAAAAAARHGH I WANNA SQUISH YOU BUT I SHOULDN'T BECAUSE ITS INHUMANE AND THE OTHERS WOULD PROBABLY KILL ME AND WE'D LOSE A VOCALIST AND THE FANS WOULD ALSO GO AFTER MY THROAT BUT YOU ARE SO SQUISHY I SWEAR STOP DOING THAT". Sehun half-expects Zitao to start cooing in Chinese at Kyungsoo or burst into adoring tears whenever he does this. Its quite an amusing image, really. 
 
And then the last person falls. Jongdae took his time for some reason, which is sort of odd considering he was close to pretty much everyone in exo. Although Sehun thinks perhaps this is exactly why it has taken him so long to fall. That being quite close to everyone, he has failed to notice kyungsoo in a special light until now. Sehun was sort of disappointed though. He has sort of expected Jongdae to be the complete casanova and flirt he keeps hinting himself to be. Instead, he was much worse than Minseok. Sehun is glad he didn't have any time to push Jongdae into the war-zone of "cheesy boyfriends" because Jongdae would have only become another one of those cheesy, and ultimately an uncreatively boring boyfriends. Worse still, one where the object of his affection, in this case Kyungsoo, does not pay much attention to.
 
Sometimes Sehun feels a little sad for Jongdae. Since Kyungsoo has 10 other admirers to pay attention to, Jongdae's - who was not one of them until recently-  needs came last. Sehun thinks it's actually quite a good tactic to convert Jongdae to the dark side. Nowadays, Jongdae has a permanent puppy whine to his voice whenever he's talking to Kyungsoo begging for the attention shamelessly (Sehun thinks if this life is a manga, there would be a constant thought bubble on top of Jongdae's head with a "sempai, notice mee" written inside), and is starting to very obviously favor the younger over the rest and pampering him like the maknae he almost is. 
 
The thing is, Sehun is the real maknae around. Kyungsoo may not be too far down the line for the position (and he has the young and innocent maknae look down already to top off), but the cold hard fact is that he still isn't. And Sehun still is. This, and the fact that Sehun is now the only person who hasn't bowed down to the power of Kyungsoo's many charms are Sehun's ultimate and final pieces of the puzzle to become the King of EXO. 
 
The plan is quite simple, really. Although the more troublesome part of his plan is the first step. But with Kyungsoo and the industrial strength of his power, Sehun didn't even need to do the first step himself!
 
The very first step was to get everyone to fall for him. Yes, you may laugh but really, it's not that impossible. It would probably take a lot of effort, but it was efforts worth investing for the position of the King of EXO. 
 
But when Kyungsoo came, Sehun just knew that no matter how hard he tries, he will never be able to repel Kyungsoo's power. He could feel it in the air the moment he walked in. It sent a tingling down his spine. Still does. And nowadays, Kyungsoo doesn't even need to be nearby for Sehun to feel his powers.
 
So, Sehun immediately changed his plans. Instead of getting everyone to fall for him, everyone just need to fall in love with Kyungsoo instead. And judging by the flutters in his stomach, it was only inevitable.
 
And now that step one is fully accomplished, Sehun can finally move on to step two. Also known as "The Easy Step" or "This Is Where It All Happens". Now that Kyungsoo has everyone whipped and obedient, all he needs to do is subtly and/or subliminally suggest whatever it is he wanted and Kyungsoo would snap a finger and his 10 cronies will execute it. 
 
What makes Sehun thinks Kyungsoo will abide to his wishes you ask? Well. Firstly, Sehun is now the only standing victor unaffected by The Dyodoreu. The only one left with a clear mind even after the toughest of the tough has wavered to the clutches of the master seductress. Said seductress would want to (for lack of better expression) "collect 'em all" wouldn't he? And since Sehun has been immune to all his previous attempts, Sehun calculated that he will resort to the simplest and seemingly most normal yet deadly effective when used in the correct ways i.e. up. 
 
Secondly, Sehun is the definite maknae of the whole group. No matter how much he doesn't look it due to his mature looks and daisy-like sprouting of height, his birth certificate states as much and thus it is definitely so. He can even get his umma to confirm this for you if you like. It is as if he was destined to be The High King of EXO, or at least Sehun would like to think so (even if he hadn't really wanted to be a singer in the first place).
 
Thats right, Sehun is the High King of EXO. 
 
And as it is now dinner time he feels the need to exercise this power. Today is EXO's National Spaghetti night, but Sehun will change this fact and make it a menu of his choosing. Just cuz that's what High Kings do.
 
The maknae popped his head up and called out from his lazy-dog-that-takes-up-the-sofa-but-you-cant-kick-cuz-the-entire-family-loves-him position to the general direction of the kitchen in his best High King voice (one that everyone else might mistake as a whinge. Wherever they get that idea from Sehun has no idea),
 
"Hyuuuuuuung, can't we have something else tonight?"
 
Not wanting to sound too demanding (Sehun is not a dictator for god's sake), he added some logic into his demand (whine), "I mean, we're all asian around here. Shouldn't we be eating with a more asian menu to preserve our cultures?"
 
Of course, this brings echoes of disagreements from around (weird corners of) the dorm. Sehun wasn't discouraged by this. Instead he awaits the verdict from EXO's resident cook who he can hear stirring a pot of bubbling something in the kitchen.
 
"Sorry Sehun-ah", Sehun can feel the tingles again, even a couple of meters away and behind the safe shield of the sofa, "these are the only ingredients I prepared for today and it's kinda too late to change the menu"
 
Sehun flusters. 
 
(So much for his kingly powers).
 
"Anyway, Sehun-ah if you're not doing anything can you come help me? I kinda really need a hand around here"
 
The tingle is cranked up a notch. 
 
Is this some sort of new strategy? What happened to all his other minions?
 
"Please?"
 
Now Sehun just feels antsy all over.
 
Resist it. Resist his powers.
 
But Sehun finds himself in the kitchen handing some salt from the top shelf anyway.
 
Some people might call this type of behaviour whipped.
 
 
 
Maybe, just maybe, Sehun is the one who wraps himself tightly in kyungsoo's finger.
 

 

Made mid-travelling across a couple of states.
I feel like the words are as shaky as my handwriting would've been if I were writing it by hand during the journey.
Anyhoo sequel's on the way. Lets hope I actually finish it. And that you people want to read it.
In the meantime, be my friend on Tumblah?