Best Birthday Ever

Happy Birthday, Jagiya!

“Hey girl! I want you to be my Cinderella~”


You groaned slightly as you reached your hand from out of your warm and cozy blankets, to the cold of the dresser beside your bed for your phone.


You let your boyfriend’s band sing half a line more before answering, your eyes not even open yet. “Yoboseo?” Your voice cracked with sleep.


“Yah, you’re still asleep at this hour, Jagiya?”


You shot upward, suddenly awake. Your eyes glared at the clock as you made out the numbers: 4:00AM. Nonetheless, you were thrilled to hear from him, no matter the hour. “Hoon-bunny~!”


He chuckled. “I woke you up, huh, sorry, but I wanted to say happy birthday!” Hoon sang the last part, tickling your ear through the phone.


A grin spread across your face. “Komawo. I was going to wake up anyways.”


“Kojimal. You hate being awake this early.” He laughed. “I wish we could spend your birthday together.” He sighed, his tone filled with regret.


“Hoon-bunny...” You smiled sadly. “You’ll be home for Christmas though, won’t you?”


He hesitated. “...There’s talk of adding more dates in Japan, so that’ll push back the tour by a week or so...”


Typical of his company to pull a stunt like this. “...We can celebrate both when you get back.” You tried to sound cheerful. You didn’t want to place any guilt on him, since this wasn’t his fault. You only wished that you could have him to yourself for at least 24 hours.


“I’m sorry, Jagiya. You were looking forward to it.”


“Don’t worry Oppa. Just concentrate on your performances.”


“Jagiya... Saranghe. I have to go now.”


You didn’t want to let him go, but he was probably getting on a plane. “Sarangheyo.” You wished you could hold a longer conversation with him, but you considered yourself lucky to even talk to him at all with his busy schedule.


You hid under your warm covers again, sighing.


The door opened quietly, but you could still hear it close. You dismissed it as one of your friends that stopped by a lot.


You were quickly dozing off, until you felt a pair of lips at your forehead. You quickly recognized them and grabbed his jacket, meeting your lips with his.


“God, Jagiya...You surprised me! I was supposed to surprise you.” He laughed and took you into his arms, laying beside you.


“You liar, you said you weren’t going to be home!” It was a good thing he lied, you thought happily.


Hoon chuckled, brushing your noses together. “I wanted it to be a surprise. I guess that didn’t work...” He smiled sheepishly.

You shook your head and buried your face into his hard and well-built chest. “You being here is enough.”


Hoon kissed the top of your head. “I missed you.”


“I missed you more. So, how long do I get to keep you for?”


“Actually, Jagiya, I bailed on the tour just for today. First thing in the morning, I have to be on a plane in Japan.” He sat up, sighing.


“No way, Yeo Hoonmin. You bailed on the tour to be with me?” You kissed his cheek. “Saranghe!”


“You can’t believe that?” He sarcastically said, pinching your cheek. “I promised you I would be home for your birthday, so here I am.”


You hugged him tightly. “You don’t know how much this means to me.” You wanted to cry tears of happiness, but you didn’t want to him to see you cry. He would think there was something wrong.


“Well, Birthday girl, what should we do?”


--


All you wanted to do was spend time with your beloved boyfriend. And you did. You spent a few hours hugging your big teddy bear as you both watched a drama while cuddling on your bed. This was enough. You were happy to have him here. Relaxing.

 

“Jagiya, the order’s here, I’ll go pick it up.” Hoon almost had to pry you off to go get the Jajangmyun you ordered not to long ago.


“Hurry back!” You focused your eyes on his back as he walked out of the room.

 

He came back a few minutes later, and you spotted a small box on top of your Jajangmyun that he placed in front of you.


You looked at him. “Oppa...”


He smiled sheepishly. “I didn’t know how else to bring up the question...but,” Hoon opened the box to reveal a simple gold ring with a single diamond on it. “Will you marry me? I can’t promise that I’ll be with you everyday because of my work, but I can promise that I will love you and only you. I can’t promise that you won’t be lonely or that it will be easy to be married to me, but I will be there for you. Through good and bad. Saranghe.” Hoon looked hopefully at you.


“Oppa...of course I will! Saranghe!” You were so tongue-tied you weren’t sure what else to say.


He put the ring on your finger and kissed you.


This was definitely the best birthday you have ever had.