Identities

Run, Liar

Suhunnie,

By the time you read this, I'm afraid it will have been far too late. Darling, you're going to have to step up your game if you're actually serious about catching me. The last time I saw you was three identities ago. What were they? I think they were Carla, Sydney, and Marie (pronounced mah-ree-ay in case you wanted to look for her). And you probably want to know where I am now. I can just imagine you, clutching this letter in anger and grinding your teeth together in that way I hate. But I'm sorry to inform you that you can never know where I am. I'm living the high life with all these things I've stolen. You can't expect me to give it all up, can you? But I'll make you a deal. Enclosed here are my past three identities. They're hints to let you follow my trace. It's no fun if there's no danger, so I'll let you catch up. 

Carla: A businesswoman in Chicago, Illinois who worked for the CEO of a big company. He was on the verge of becoming a billionaire until he got entangled in Carla's web. She had an affair with this CEO, a married man mind you, up until the moment she had all the information she needed to steal all his money. 

Sydney: A shy, quiet girl in New York who aspired to be an artist. She was going to school to get her arts major and often went to museums to get inspiration. No one expects the worst from an innocent girl, so she went by undetected. Sydney spent a long time in New York, waiting for a certain someone. She stayed longer than she ever had before until she decided to finally steal several paintings and sell them on the black market. 

Marie: A blind girl with no parents, Marie befriended royalty I Spain. She spent all her time with an heir to several estates and large sums of money until he fell in love with her. But this heir wasn't a certain someone who kept making her wait. So Marie kindly declined and also stole the heir's mother's precious jewels. I must say, her diamonds are flawless. 

Did that help you at all, dear? You're quite lagging. This game won't be fun anymore if you keep this up. And you know once the game is over, I'll be gone and you'll never catch me. Neither of us want the game to end, right? It's fun for me and your reputation as a detective is at stake here. Follow the clues, my dear. I'll be waiting. 

City of love,

but not what you think. 

Look from above

and you'll see an ice rink. 

 

Best of luck,

Liar