1.

Passion.

 

Kyungsoo would be lying if he said that singing was his everything. In fact, he hates it. Reaching a certain high note made his throat all sore and memorising a song "is a pain in the ," he would say. Performing in front of people made him a ball of weak nerves (he always had to perform in his parents' parties) and lastly, he hates the fact that singing is the only way to gain attention.

 

 


"You were wonderful Kyungsoo." His mother states, embracing the male securely around her arms. Kyungsoo had finally finished performing one of his parents favourite song for their anniversary (the party involved a heck load of people). But ending a horrifying performance and getting praises from his mother is the worth it part.

 

He feels loved. And he cherishes these moments the most.

 

 


Do Kyungsoo is from a rich family. Not disobeying and neglecting a single request from his parents, Kyungsoo portrayed a picture perfect son that every parents would want. When he was eight, he learned to play the piano and the violin, and when he turned nine, he was tutored for vocals. His fate was already written even before he was born. Coming from a family with music as their background, Kyungsoo had no choice but to follow their footsteps.

 

 


"Thank you mother." Kyungsoo replies, inhaling the familiar scent of his mother and he nuzzles his nose to get the most warmth as possible because he knows what will happen next.

 

 


"You just faltered a bit in the chorus, but other than that you were good." Letting go of the embrace, his mother says eyeing her son from head to toe. "I have to meet with the Park's now, so I'll take my leave dear." 


And there it is.

 

 

"Yeah." Kyungsoo answers softly, missing the warmth already. "Have a nice day." He mumbles under his breath, watching his mother disappear into the crowd.

 


//

 

 


Kyungsoo's usual routine; wake up, shower, get ready, eat a high class breakfast, leave for school in his Mercedes, go to lessons and be a good boy. 

 

Kyungsoo truly believes that he has been living his life with so many ifs. He promised to himself that in this second year of college he will definitely kill his curiosity, but to no avail. Either he would give up midway or he would be asked to leave.


If only life wouldn't be so smooth for me, he had wished for so long. Call him crazy, but he always wanted to experience new things- that he had never imagined doing- instead of just following the same routine and sing his soul out of a stupid love song.

 

Ah, another if.

 

 


//

 

 

 


"Dancing is like dreaming with your feet."


When Kyungsoo hears his soon to be-fellow classmate's statement, he rolls his eyes and scoffs audibly. Is this some kind of a joke? Kyungsoo thinks as he eyes the new male in front.


The boy had black smooth locks, button-like nose, thick plump lips, bronze skin, and what catches Kyungsoo's wide eyes were those sharp charismatic eyes which belonged to the handsome stranger. Eyes that can read through him.

 

Everyone can say the same of, "it's really important, just like breathing," or "I was born to do this." Those typical statements are what Kyungsoo hates the most. And here, a new student shares his passion for dancing in front of his classroom. It's not something new. Kyungsoo has seen this kind of thing before, and he has done the same thing when he was in his freshman years.

 

"Since how long have you been dancing?" A girl-which Kyungsoo doesn't even bother to remember her name- asks timidly, clearly interested in the tanned male in front. Kyungsoo also notices a fade tinge of pink across the girl's face.

 

"Since I was in 2nd grade. Dancing was the only thing that got me going on." Ah, there it is. A sob story as a background, just perfect. Kyungsoo mentally lets out a groan as he leans forward and rests his cheek on the cold desk.

 


"The same lies." Kyungsoo mumbles to himself, closing his eyes as he heaves up a sigh. Kyungsoo wishes for the class to end quickly.

 


"Jongin, you can take the empty seat here." Their homeroom teacher says, pointing to a seat behind Kyungsoo at the first row third column, and Jongin casts a small smile while nodding his head.

 

 

Kyungsoo swears that the new male 'accidentally' brushes his hand onto the singer's elbow when approaching towards his designated seat. 

 


Kyungsoo also swears that there is a sharp pair of eyes behind his back, boring too deep for his liking.

 

///

 

 

 


"From the top!" Kyungsoo's choir teacher commands, clapping her hands together rather loudly. Kyungsoo groans. Why are they repeating the same line again and again?

 


"Make sure you reach-" and Kyungsoo drowns his teacher's voice and opts to stare at the clock instead. Wow, so fascinating. 

 

The singer hates his choir class. Choir class meant hearing different voices in unison and it also meant repeating the whole thing from the top again and again. Kyungsoo always stands at the back and he wonders that being short sometimes can be really handful, especially when Kyungsoo just stares at people's broad shoulders or when he lazily lip-syncs. The perks of being a shorty.

 


After Kyungsoo's one hour of spacing out, his thoughts finally comes to a rest when his teacher dismisses them. Packing up his belonging quickly, the singer hastily makes his way out until he is stopped.

 


"Kyungsoo." Plastering a fake smile, Kyungsoo turns his head around towards the source of voice. His choir teacher. Great. 

 


"Ah yes." 

 

 

"There is actually going to be a visit at a secondary school," Kyunsoo lets out a mental groan already knowing where it is heading to, "and our music department is going to perform. And I was thinking that for a solo act, you would be perfect for it."

 

 

Absolutely no! Heck no! "Of course! It will be my pleasure." Kyungsoo beams, eyes crinkling into crescents as he sheepishly throws off a fake laugh. If he said no then it meant that his polished record will be effected, it also meant that this information will be leaked to his parents, and that is the last thing he wants.

 

 

"I knew you would agree! Here is the song that I want you to work on." 

 


/////

 

 

 

Kyungsoo stares at the sheet in his hands. Another song to memorise, perfect. Throwing a sarcastic remark he settles down on a secluded bench at the corner of the school building. Taking a sip from his water bottle, Kyungsoo clears his throat before singing the content with ease. After he finishes the song, heaving up a sigh Kyungsoo scrunches his face with displease. This stupid song .

 

 

 

 

"That was good." Looking towards the source of voice, Kyungsoo's doe eyes meets the intruder's familiar sharp ones. It's the new guy from this morning. A playful smile lingering over his handsome face as he lazily rests his back against the wall.

 

 


"Thanks." Kyungsoo mumbles, folding the piece of paper neatly and placing it onto his blazer's pocket, clearly interested what the new guy would say afterwards. Probably a 'wow that was amazing!' Or a 'you have an angel's voice.' The same comments which will win anyone's heart, but not Kyungsoo's. He knows all too well that he doesn't sound near an angel. He knows that there are so many singers out there who sings better than him but, because he is from a high class family, people endure his singing.

 

 


Kyungsoo believes that here is the new guy, Jongin- or whatever his name is, trying to butter him up so he can be friends-no a tool which can help him ease his way through the music industry. It's too predictable. So many people have tried this tactic, everyone left as soon as they got accepted to a company. Heaving up a sigh, Kyungsoo lazily eyes the other male, expecting what was to come. The usual.

 

 

 

 


"You know, it would have been better if you'd put more effort in your singing. Your singing sounds lifeless." Jongin bluntly says, sharp gaze never leaving.

 

 

Kyungsoo freezes. 

 


This was not expected.

 

Nobody dared criticise Do Kyungsoo, unless they were his parents.

 


Everyone lied for their sake.

 


But this guy. 

 

 


Approaching the singer, he settles himself comfortably on the bench, the tanned male faces the stunned singer. Running a hand through his black locks, he lets out a lazy smirk.

 

 


Blinking quickly for a few more seconds, Kyungsoo lets the comment process inside his head. 

 

 


He is taken aback. 

 

 

 

This was all new.

 

 

 

 

This was what Kyungsoo had always wanted.

 

 

 

He takes a sudden interest in this new guy, liking his confidence and bluntness. The two things that most people lacked in this school. Even himself.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm Do Kyungsoo." He introduces himself, hands extending, a small smile plastered on his face.

 

 

 

 

Eyes crinkling into small crescents, the dancer shakes their hands, "Kim Jongin." 

 

--------

 

A/N- it's my first time writing a Kaisoo focused fiction. Yeah, this story isn't that great from the first chapter but this is just an introduction! 

Please do comment and subscribe!