Birthday Blues

A Very Special Birthday

 

large.gif

 

 

 

 

The cold breeze hit Chanyeol’s nose as he walked out of the dorm he shared with Exo-K. He was being sent to his individual activities, while still promoting Exo’s name. It was a bit hard trying to juggle his solo activities and trying to film Exo Showtime. Nonetheless, Chanyeol enjoyed every moment. Even though it’s hard, he still went on. Chanyeol fished his phone out from his left pant pocket and punched in his code. It was the 3rd time he had texted his longtime girlfriend of 3 years. Not to mention, she was none other than Ahn Seuli, deemed Korea’s Sweetheart. They met when Chanyeol was still a trainee and Seuli had already debuted a year ahead. After the last ring, it went straight to voicemail. It wasn’t like her to let it ring. Seuli always answered his calls or would call back immediately after missing a call. Chanyeol shook his head in confusion but came to a conclusion that she might’ve been filming or something. 
 
 
4 hours later and no reply from her. It was definitely strange now. He grew worried as the hours passed and he had heard nothing from the person he loved. Chanyeol heaved a sigh as he chucked his phone on the makeup counter. It was the most special day for him and she couldn’t even reply back to him. Even a simple text would have done it. His manager soon came in and called him back on stage. Hesitating to leave his phone, Chanyeol decided to sneak his phone inside of his pocket before going out. 
 
 
Another 2 hours had gone by before he heard a buzz go off. Chanyeol quickly whipped out his phone and smiled as the name “Seuli” popped up on his screen. After opening the message, a frown came upon his face. 
 
TO: Chanyeollie
 
I’m very busy. You called at the wrong times. Please refrain from calling.
 
FROM: Seuli
 
Even though it hurt that she said that, he still missed her. Chanyeol decided to commit 3 hours of not talking to her.
 
4pm rolled around and there he was again with his phone in his hand. Chanyeol was tempted yet again. Instead of calling his girlfriend, he decided to call his teammates.
“Yobeseo?”
“Kai? It’s me Chanyeol.”
“Oh?!”
He then heard cluttering in the background before another voice came onto the phone.
“Yah, Chanyeol did you need something?”
“I was wondering what you guys were up to. My schedule just opened. Where are you guys?”
“Uhh…”
It seemed as if they didn’t want him to join.
“We went to….out of town!”
Chanyeol’s expression grew into confusion. Why would they be out of town?
“Suho hyung, why would you guys be out of town?”
“Because we wanted to go play. Don’t worry Chanyeol, we’ll be back before midnight.”
“Where out of town? Maybe I can meet up with you.”
“ANDWAE!!”
Chanyeol stared at his phone before putting it back close to his ear.
“Weyo?”
“Uh…I mean, we’ll be back so don’t worry. Just relax today Arra? Anyeong!”
Before Chanyeol could say another word, the other line went dead. How could they all treat him bad for his birthday? It was supposed to be a special day and not even his girlfriend was being nice to him. Speaking of her, Chanyeol dialed her number again without hesitation. He was upset and wanted her to comfort him. 
“Yeoboseo?” 
“Seuli?”
“Channie, I told you not to call.”
Chanyeol felt the irritation in her voice.
“Mianhe, but I just really need you right now.”
“I told you I was busy with my schedule.”
“Where are you?”
“Uh…far away from Seoul.”
“Where at? I’ll come visit you.”
“BWO?! – I mean ani. You don’t have to. I’ll be too busy to even talk to you. Your starting to get on my nerves today Channie-ah. Jinjja.”
With that, Chanyeol’s heart sank. That really hurt him.
“Oh…Mianhe Seuli. I’ll just go.”
“Yah, oppa. Don’t make me feel guilty here.”
Without realizing it, Chanyeol’s frustration came out.
“Don’t make you feel guilty?! Yah Seuli, you’re the one making me feel guilty here! I’m worrying about you and all you do is make me feel like a pabo for calling you. Really think about your words next time.”
As soon as he said that, Chanyeol shut his phone. He rested his palms on his forehead. Things just weren’t looking up for him today. 
“Manager hyung, do you want to hang out with me today?”
His manager chuckled before smiling.
“Sure! Where would you like to go?”
 
 
After shopping in Gangnam, and playing at the small arcade down the street, Chanyeol strolled up the stairs towards the dorm room. Even though he spent it with his manager, it was a good. 
“Chanyeol stop!”
Chanyeol jumped a little before turning back to his manager.
“Wey wey wey?!”
“Uh..nothing. I just wanted to um…say thank you for letting me hang out with you. I know-“
Before he could say anything else, his phone buzzed. His manager quickly pulled out his phone and then proceeded to walk backwards down the stairs.
“Nevermind! You should get inside. It’s cold out and I have to move the car. See you tomorrow Chanyeol-ah!”
With that, his manager ran down the stairs until he disappeared. Chanyeol thought that it was odd for him to just leave like that. Shaking his head, he decided to get inside before it got even colder. Chanyeol opened the door and took off his shoes at the door. He flipped open the lights and was shocked at what he saw.
“SURPRISE!!”
All of s were standing around with hats on their heads and whistles in their mouths. Chen was in the middle holding the delicious cake that had 4 glowing candles. Everyone gathered around Chanyeol as they sang the birthday anthem. His heart was very overwelmed. 
"Make a wish hyung!"
Tao had chanted from behind him. It was followed by Sehun. Then, Baekhyun patted Chanyeol's right shoulder while gently squeezing it after. 
"Mianhe, we were trying to keep this surprise a secret from you."
Kai made his way through D.O. and Kris chuckling to himself.
"I couldn't talk to you because I was speechless. I panicked and gave the phone to Suho hyung instead."
Chanyeol smiled widely and ruffled Kai's hair.
"I thought something weird was going on."
Chanyeol glanced at Suho who was looking around the room as if searching for someone. He then turned to Luhan and whispered something. Luhan shrugged his shoulders and had asked Lay to do something. Lay nodded and went outside. Chanyeol shook it off and tried to enjoy his great night with his band members. 
 
 
Everyone was still running on wild energy as an hour passed by. Chanyeol sat on the couch just admiring how amazing his brothers were. They gathered party decorations all day just for him. He felt special and loved. The only thing missing was his beloved girlfriend whom he had a small argument with earlier on during the day. Chanyeol heaved a sigh and took out his phone. Not even a missed call was shown from her. A small pout came from him as he wondered what she was doing. Soon enough, the doorbell rang. 
"I got it!" 
Xiumin chimed before jumping for the door. Even though he was older, it was like he was the maknae of the group. 
"Look whose here!"
Behing Xiumin was a petite figure. Holding her purse in one hand and juggling her boots in the other. She quickly set her shoes down before entering.
"Anyeong oppas!"
Chanyeol's heart skipped a beat. He knew exactly who it was.
"Ah, our lovely sister finally came! How are you Seuli-ah?"
Suho went up to her and hugged Seuli.
"I'm doing great. I just got off my schedule not too long ago. I asked to come earlier but manager oppa said I had to reshoot a scene for the drama."
"That's understandable. Do you want to play Lay hyung next?"
D.O. had asked from in front of the tv. They were taking turns playing guitar hero and Lay was winning D.O. by a mile of points.
"Ani. Lay is too good at guitar already."
She chuckled. Everyone agreed before voting to boot him off the game system. Seuli made her way towards Chanyeol and sat next to him.
"Anyeong."
Chanyeol blinked at her. He wanted to show her that he was upset but couldn't do it because of her charming smile.
"A-anyeong."
"Mianhe oppa for earlier. I knew about the whole party and was supposed to be here earlier but I couldn't make it in time."
Chanyeol shook his head.
"It's fine."
"I'm really sorry if I hurt you earlier. I didn't mean any of it."
"I know. It was because of my birthday. I understand."
Seuli caressed his cheek before reaching into her purse. She rummaged around before taking out a small box that was wrapped with a bow tie. She smiled at the gift before handing it to Chanyeol.
"Happy birthday."
Being from the US, her english was perfect in every way. Chanyeol smirked and took the gift. He carefully unwrapped the bow tie before opening the box. There inside, he found his present. Chanyeol's eyes lit up and turned to Seuli.
"I know it's not much, but I felt like you needed a new one."
Seuli smiled brightly at him. Chanyeol chuckled and leaned in to kiss her forehead.
"It's pretty!"
He chimed happily. Seuli laughed and took the item out of the case. She slipped it onto Chanyeol's wrist.
"A pretty watch for a handsome boyfriend. It fits perfectly!"
They both chuckled and stared at the watch that was perfectly snugged on his wrist. It was a small gift, but it meant a whole lot to Chanyeol. 
"I think I've fallen in love with you again Seuli."
He heaved before kissing her delicate hand.
"Me too oppa. Me too."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The End!
lol I hope you enoyed it. I know it's not the best but it was enough for me to write.lol Thank you for reading and happy holidays! :)