Warm

B2st/Beast One Shots

 

            I stood in line for an hour waiting to meet him. Every time he smiled my heart skipped a beat, and yet I couldn’t look away. I was at the front, next in line. I was so excited to get to him I could barely carry conversation with the other members. I held my breath pushing my album down to him.

            He smiled at me, “Hello.” Doojoon signed the page with his picture on it, “Are you having fun?”

            “Kind of,” I watched him sign the album.

            “Kind of,” he looked up at me, “Why?”

            “I get a minute to spend with you, and I stood in line for about an hour.” I laughed, “Maybe for most people that would be a good pay off. Not in my case,”

            “How long do you think you should get to stay here?” he said with a laugh.

            “At least ten minutes, then we could actually have a conversation.” I laughed taking my album back. Doojoon grabbed my hand, my cheeks felt hot, and our eyes meet for a split second.

            “Then stay for ten minutes,” he smiled squeezing my hand tighter, “you’re pretty so you’re company would be fun.”

            I pulled my hand away, “Oh as long as I’m pretty you want my company. Nice to know.” I laughed.

            “You think I’m attractive,” he leaned closer to me across the table, “if you didn’t you wouldn’t be blushing right now.”

            My heart started to race, before I could respond one of their mangers scooted me along. I moved out of the way, far enough to not be in the way, I put my album back together before putting it in my purse.

            As I headed for the exit a girl grabbed my wrist, “Excuse me,” she smiled, “this is from Doojoon.” She handed me a crumpled piece of paper and headed back over to the table with the rest of B2st.

            I un-crumpled the piece of paper, ‘If you want to meet up later call me don’t make me wait to long.’ He wrote his number down on a piece of paper. My face felt hot again. ‘Is this for real? I must be hallucinating. There’s no way this can be happening…unless it is. Only one way to find out,’ I turned my back to the table, taking out my phone I called the number he wrote down on the paper.

            I watched Doojoon from the corner of my eye; he took out his phone looking down at it, tilting his head. He looked up at me smiling, I hung up, ‘He really gave me his number.’ My face burned and my heart pounded I was shocked, ‘He really gave me his number.’ I sent him a short text telling him to tell me when and where to meet up before rushing out the door. It didn’t take long for a response all he said were two words, ‘Just wait.’ Waiting made me nervous, what if this was just some sort of joke? I wouldn’t know for sure if I didn’t wait, but if I waited too long then I would look like a fool.

            After an hour when I finally decided to leave, the same girl from earlier came to me, “Okay he’s ready for you now.” She led me back into the room.

            It was much quieter now and empty, well almost other then Beast and their managers and the people helping run the fan signing.

            Doojoon smiled at me, “Let’s go,” he grabbed my hand pulling me out a door that was hidden by the curtains they had set up.

            “Where are we going?” I asked getting pulled into a black vehicle.

            “To eat, and spend the day together.”

            “What?” I looked at him in shock.

            “Well the rest of it anyway. That’s what you wanted right?” He looked at me, “You said you wanted more time with me.”

            “It’s just hard to believe,”

            “Why?”

            “Because you’re an idol, and I’m just some beauty who wanted to meet you once in her life. I wasn’t expecting a day with you.”

            “You don’t want to spend the rest of the day with me? We can go back and you can go home.”

            “No!” I stopped him, “I want to spend the day with you.”

            He smiled, “Good.” He yawned then looked at me, “So am I your favorite?” he asked still smiling.

            I crossed my arms looking out the window, “I’ll never tell you.”

            “Why?”

            “I’ll make a deal with you,”

            “Okay, what is it?”

            “You agree to the terms or no deal,”

            “Tsk,” he huffed, “Fine, what is it?”

            “Only if I have fun will I tell you who my favorite is, if you ask any time before the end I won’t tell you. Agreed?”

            He his lips and slightly glared at me, “Fine,” he shook my hand, “I agree.” The car stopped,” We’re here,” he unbuckled his seat belt and patted my knee, “Come on let’s go, hurry up!” he flung the door open hopping out.

            I followed behind him, “An ice skating rink,” I mumbled walking inside with him, and the body guards, “isn’t this a little public? You don’t want a scandal to break out.”

            “Its okay, CUBE rented it out, as a reward to B2st.” Doojoon grabbed got a pair of skates. I got mine after he got out of the way, he smiled at me, and “Do you know how to skate?”

            I rolled my eyes taking off my shoes, “You’ll just have to wait and see,” I looked up at him giving him a small smile.

            “Do you always treat guys this way? Eh?” he stood up and headed for the ice rink.

            I watched him hold on to the wall and try to skate a little bit. I laughed watching him, “I only treat people the way they treat me, and you’re nosy so I’m being a little sarcastic.” I got into the ice rink.

            He threw an arm up, “You’re just mean.” He laughed watching his feet.

            I caught up to him and skated in front of him going backwards, “Are you sure?” he looked up at me, “I can help you, I’m sure I’m a better teacher then the wall.” I smiled.

            “You skate going backwards,” I took a quick spin and looped back beside him, “You’re trained aren’t you?” he watched me carefully.

            I grabbed hold of his arm, “When I was little I wanted to be an Olympic ice skater,” he let go of the wall and held my hand watching our feet.

            “Why aren’t you then?”

            “Why aren’t you a soccer player?”

            “Because I’m an idol, but I would have been if I didn’t make it into CUBE and Beast.”

            “Well I’m a teacher, and I like working with kids. Ice skating is a hobby I enjoy, just like soccer is for you.” I let go of his hand, “See once you get the motion you really don’t need any help.” I smiled speeding up ahead of him.

            I made a lap getting back beside him, “You’re doing good.” I smiled latching back onto his arm.

            “No, I’m going to fall and you’re going to make fun of me.”

            “No I won’t! That’s mean, I’m not mean.” He shook his head looking up and back down at his feet, “If I were mean I wouldn’t have helped you.” I sped up pulling him, “here hold my hand,” he held on, “Don’t let go just hold on tight.” I sped up some more and pulled him close, “Okay now let go.

            “Wae?!”

            “Trust me!” I let go he flailed his arms wobbling a little before catching himself, “See you’ve got it!”

            “EH! You’re trying to kill me!” he laughed going into the wall, “I’ll stick to the wall!”

            “You won’t learn if you don’t take chances!” I laughed passing by him.

            “I’ll take my own chances!” he yelled.

            We skated for a long time it seemed like, it was fun and I didn’t want it to end. We turned in our skates and he went and talked to one of the body guards then came back to me pulling me out the door and to the car again, “What are you up too?” I asked buckling my seat belt.

            “One last stop before we part ways.” He smiled.

            “Oh no.”

            “Eh? It’ll be fun you’ll see.”

            “We’ll see.” I laughed.

            “So what’s your name?”

            We spent all day together and I hadn’t told him my name, “its Yoona,” I answered.

            “Oh that’s a beautiful name.” he smiled.

The car stopped and the door opened, and Doojoon jumped out, “That was fast,” I took off my seat belt, and followed him inside, “Bubble tea,” I smiled.

            “You do like bubble tea right?”

            “Yes,” We got our bubble tea and found a spot to hide away from people, and the body guards shielded the windows, “This was fun.” I said chewing the gummy beads.

            “Ahh!” he smacked my knee, “I won our deal!”

            I rolled my eyes, “And you still have to wait until the end.”

            “I know,”

            “When you drop me off near my apartment building.” I tried hinting at the fact I would need a ride back to my place.

            “You walked to the fan meet up?” he looked at me wide eyed.

            “Yeah, I was already out, so it wasn’t far from where I was.”

            “I see.” He chewed his bubbles, “Well it won’t be long,” he looked at his watch, “we should be going. I have to get back to the dorms or my manager will get mad.” I nodded we carried our ups and stayed behind the wall of body guards.

            We finished our teas on the way to my apartment building, “Thanks for today, it was fun.” I smiled as the car stopped.

            “You said that twice now.” He smiled.

            “I know,” I flipped my hair over my shoulder getting out of the car, “You’re my favorite member.”

            “Wait.” I turned back and leaned in the car, he leaned over and kissed my cheek, “Thanks for spending time with me. Maybe we’ll meet again.” He smiled. I took a step back, the door closed, and the car drove off.

            I held my hand over my cheek, it was warm. His lips were soft, and warm. Not wet or dry just soft and warm. It was a split second but it was amazing. And maybe it was just one moment in time that we can never get back, or maybe it was something more. I wasn’t sure where it started, and I definitely wasn’t sure where it would end, but I knew I had to see him again. Someday. I never wanted this warm feeling over taking my body to end. ‘Yoon Doojoon, I promise we’ll meet again.’