Meeting You

Did You Fall for My Voice?

BRRIIINNNNGGG

I opened my eyes and slammed the snooze button on my alarm clock. I felt so sleepy and wanted to fall asleep, but I had school. I groaned got up into a sitting position. I rubbed my eyes and patted my face a little. It’s so hard waking up in the morning. I sighed and got out of bed and walked to my bathroom. I was brushing my teeth when my alarm clock started to ring again.

“Jeeeeeze” I whined and walked to the alarm clock. I checked the time while I was at it and realized. I only have half an hour to get ready for class.

“HOW MANY TIMES DID I PRESS THE SNOOZE BUTTON?” I yelled and hastily finished brushing my teeth. I got my brush and brushed out my hair while raiding my closet. There has to be something I could wear to school! I found a nice purple scoop shirt and some black jeans. I fell onto the floor trying to put my socks on. I got my backpack and grabbed my homework, stuffing it into my backpack while walking down the stairs. I hopped off the last step and walked to the kitchen. I had 15 minutes to eat. Thank god.

I sat down at the table and finally noticed the boy sitting across from me. I did a double take, who was he?

“O-omma? Who is this?” I asked from my chair. He just stared back at me and gave me a wink. I bet he thinks he looks y or something. Gross~

“Ji Eun, this is Daehyun! Daehyun is Omma’s friend’s son. Introduce yourselves while I finish breakfast for you two~” I glared at her, why was he here though?

“Annyeong, I’m Lee Ji Eun, but you can call me IU.” I spoke quickly and looked to omma for help. She came and gave me a bowl of rice and set the table with a ton of side dishes. She never does this when it’s just for me…

“Well, I’m Jung Daehyun. You can call me oppa.” He grinned and I scowled at him. Like I would call him oppa. He seems like a greasy person… I should keep my distance.

I held my chopsticks close to my lips, thinking of what dish to take a bite from. I felt like someone was staring so I looked up to find the strange boy staring. I made a face and he erupted in laughter. I pouted and went back to my food.

“I am you next door neighbor from now on actually.” He spoke. I looked up to find him with a bowl of rice as well and eating with me.

“Oh, really?” I replied with no real interest. I just wanted to eat my food.

“Yup. So auntie said I could eat breakfast here and then drive you to school.” My eyes widened and I looked at Omma. She never said anything about this. I don’t know anything about this boy. Why would I let him drive me to school?

“I don’t need a ride to school. I can walk.” I said and finished the rest of my food. I checked the clock on the wall and hugged omma goodbye. I picked up my backpack while walking to the door. I heard him say goodbye to omma and walk to the door. I put my shoes on and left the door open. I started walking towards school when I felt someone hold on to my arm. I got turned around, face to face to Daehyun. I let out a squeak, he was way to close. I took a step back and he let go of my arm.

“Yah, I said I would take you to school.” He said while looking away with no interest.

“I don’t need a ride. I don’t want to be in a car with a brat.” I replied. I know I’m being really mean, but he wasn’t all that nice either. He was a slimy weirdo. Hmph. He rolled his eyes and took hand of my hand. I blushed at the contact until he pulled me to his car. He shoved me in and put the seatbelt on for me. He closed the door and walked to the other side.

“You’re a real handful, you know that?” He grumbled angrily and started the car. I looked out the window and silence fell in the car for the rest of the ride.

~~~~~~~~

He parked the car and I threw the door open. I didn’t want to stay in the same car with him for very much longer. I hate him! I put my backpack on and walked away. I was walking until I saw Yongguk oppa. His eyes met mine and he gave me a sweet smile and I thought my insides would melt. His gummy smile makes my heart flutter and my insides into mush. I might have a crush on him.

He started walking this way so I decided to go to him as well. That’s when I noticed Daehyun that jerk going towards oppa. Do they know each other? Yongguk oppa is too nice then.

“Annyeong oppa!” I said cheerfully and he chuckled. Oh my god, even his laugh is beautiful. It’s so velvety soft!”

“Annyeong IU, how are you?”

“I’m okay oppa, how about you?”

“Uh, well I’m f-”

“Yah! You won’t call me oppa but Yongguk hyung?! Whhyyy?” Daehyun whined. I shot him a glare but he just glared back.

“Why would I call someone like you oppa? You don’t deserve it!” I crossed my arms and looked away. He’s so annoying.  Yongguk oppa starting laughing and I heard some other boys laughing. I turned around and found Yongguk oppa’s friends.

“Annyeong IU, how are you?” Himchan oppa asked.

“I’m okay, but Daehyun gave me a ride here and he’s so mean.” I gave a pout and Youngjae oppa came and patted my head.

“Yah, Dae, why would you be mean to our dongsaeng? She’s so cute!” He lightly pinched my cheek and I scowled.

“See, don’t you just want to pinch this chubby face?” Youngjae oppa teased.

“My face isn’t chubby!” I pouted some more until Yongguk oppa came forward and wrapped his arms around me. My face went tomato red, thank goodness he couldn’t see.

“Daehyun, why would you be mean to our dongsaeng?”

“The more important question is, why did you give our princess a ride to school?” Himchan oppa seemed a little angry and I just giggled.

“Her omma is my omma’s friend. I moved right next door to her, so omma told me to give her a ride and stuff.” He glared at me and  I returned the glare.

“Oh, then you’re my neighbor!” Himchan oppa said smoothly. This was true, I met Yongguk oppa because he came over to Himchan oppa’s house and we met. Himchan oppa doesn’t give me a ride in the morning because he always goes out to pick up his other friends, and they always try to hit on me. Himchan oppa especially thinks of me as his little sister so he doesn’t like other guys getting too close to me.

“Hyung, why are you mean to IU?” Zelo came up to me and gave me a warm smile. I greeted him and he returned the greeting.

“I just don’t see why you guys like her so much. And she’s mean to me!”

The bell rang and I stuck my tongue out at him. I walked with Zelo to my next class because we had it together.

“You know, hyung isn’t so bad. He can be mean at first but he’s really funny and nice.”

“He tried flirting with me…He even winked!” I shuddered just remembering it. Zelo on the other hand just started to laugh.

“Hyung is a major playboy. He actually has a lot of fangirls. Maybe he expected you to be like them and like him.”

“Really? Ew. I guess other girls like that kind of stuff.” We reached our class and I walked to my seat, right next to my best friend, Suzy.

“Annyeong Suzy~”

“Ah, Annyeong IU.” She gave me a smile and we talked about Woohyun oppa who sat a few rows in front of us. Suzy has a major crush on him and has wanted to ask him out for a while. Every day, I

encourage her to do it before someone else snatches him away.

“IU, I’m going to do it today. I left a note in his locker to meet me in this classroom afterschool. I’m so nervous!” She hid her blushing face by covering it with her hands. I giggled.

“Do you know what you’re going to say to him?”

“Yes, I’m just really scared. What if he says he doesn’t like me? Or what if he’s disgusted with me or something? I mean, we have never really talked!”

“Whoa, calm down Suzy! You have talked to him and he would never be disgusted with anyone! He’s such a sweetheart and I’ve seen the way he looks at you. He wouldn’t be mean to you. Just ask him!” I gave her a smile and she started to calm down.  We turned to the teacher and dived into learning.

~~~~~~~~

It was finally lunch time and I was starving. I walked into the lunchroom and went to Yongguk oppa’s group. I sat next to Youngjae oppa and Zelo with Yongguk oppa opposite of me and Himchan oppa and Jongup oppa on his right side with Daehyun on his left. Daehyun had a bunch of food in front of him.

“Waaah, you’re a pig!” I teased. He scowled at me.

“Hmph, I’m a growing boy, I need to food!” He went back to his food. I giggled and went to my backpack. I searched for the lunch I had made. I left it at home. Because stupid Daehyun was there, I completely forgot to get it. I sighed and put my backpack down again.

“Didn’t you bring your lunch?” Zelo asked.

“Ah, I forgot it, pabo IU.” I laughed and Daehyun slid some of his food to me. My eyes widened but I pushed it away. I don’t need his pity. He slid it back to me and gave me a small smile. He gave me a spoon too and I looked down at what it was. It was a slice of strawberry cake. I looked back at him and he nodded his head. My heart softened a bit and I started to dig in. We started to talk about what we were doing and they were going to go to an arcade after school. I declined Himchan oppa’s offer to come with, knowing I would rather just go home and sleep. I was feeling really tired.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around in my seat. A boy in one of my classes stood there rubbing the back of his neck.

“Um, hi. My name is Kang Jaehwa, I don’t know if you know me.”

“You’re in my science class, right? Is there something you need?”

“Ah, no I don’t need anything! I, uh, just wanted to ask you something…” He seemed really nervous. I got up from my seat and took his hand to a corner of the lunch room.

“Here, you can ask me now.” I smiled at him; I wanted to know why he seemed so nervous.

“I really like you and I want you to be my girlfriend.” He said it all in one breath and he shook a bit. I was kind of shocked. He likes me? I tried to think of a way to say no, when Daehyun walked over. He put his arm over my shoulder and pulled me close. He looked at Jaehwa and smiled a little.

“Sorry buddy, she’s dating me.” Jaehwa looked utterly shocked and I was too. I’m dating you? When did this happen? Using the arm over my shoulder, he pulled me back to the table. He sat me down and he went back to his seat. He winked at me and went back to inhaling his food. I just sat there in shock. What just happened? O my god, he is such a greaseball, never mind, he’s not all that nice.

“Hyung, why did you do that for? She could have said no by herself.”

“Didn’t you see her? She looked freaked out; I was just helping her out.” He smiled at me and my stomach let out a couple of butterflies. I finished the rest of the cake and bid them goodbye. I walked to my locker and put away some of my book, thinking about what he had just said and done. I was thinking when someone landed their hands on my shoulder. I was so deep in my thoughts that the action made me jump and let out a yelp. I turned around to find Daehyun clutching his stomach and laughing his heart out.

“That wasn’t funny! You really scared me.” I pouted at him and this made him laugh a bit more. I went back to my locker, trying to think of the things I would be needing for class. I got my books out and stuffed them into my backpack. I closed my locker to see Daehyun just staring at me. I blushed a bit under his stare so I looked away.

“The others were right, you really are cute.” He said softly. I stared at him and took a step back. He was beginning to freak me out. He then leaned against the row of lockers.

“Anyway, we decided not to go the arcade, but we are going to go and practice singing in the music room. Himchan hyung wanted me to ask you to come.” Not Yongguk hyung? My smile faltered but I replied with a yes. I love to sing, and wanted to become a singer along with the rest of Yongguk oppa’s group.

“Well now you can hear me sing, I bet you’ll fall for me~” He singsonged and I scowled at him. Such a cocky jerk.

“I bet you’ll fall for me actually, my voice is pretty good too. I replied and started to walk to my next class.

“Oh really? I heard Yongguk hyung say it was utter crap.” I turned around.

“No he didn’t! He really likes my voice!!”

“Ooh, why do you care what he thinks? Hmmm??” He teased. I blushed a bit and turned around and started walking faster. He easily caught up though. Darn long legged people!

“You like him! Don’t you!? Ooooh, that’s so sweet~” He teased me. I turned around again and he stopped walking.

“D-don’t tell him. I-I want to t-tell him by myself.” Tears started to well up in my eyes and I hated myself for stuttering. I was looking down when I felt his hands coming up to brush away the stray tears.

“I’m sorry, don’t cry~ It’s just that, hyung likes someone else.” He whispered softly. I looked him in the eyes, rage going through me.

“You’re lying. Oppa never said anything like that to me.” No….no! Oppa never said anything like that. And who would he like anyway?

“IU, I’m sorry. It’s true though, he’s going to ask her after school. So I would ask him soon if I were you.” My heart deflated. I can’t believe him.

“I’m leaving. I’ll see you after school.” I gripped the straps of my backpack and started walking to class. The bell rang and I proceeded to my other classes.

~~~~~~~~

I walked into the classroom and set my backpack down. Daehyun’s words had started to bug me. Did oppa like someone else? Or was the jerk just joking?? But why would he want to see me cry? That’s just creepy. I started pacing without really realizing it. I always did this when I was thinking or trying to figure things out. Before I knew it, someone’s pale arms went out and gripped my shoulders, making me stop. I looked up into Zelo’s face.

“IU, you’re making me dizzy. Are you worrying about something?” I went and sat down and Zelo sat on the chair next to mine. I was about to answer when I noticed Yongguk oppa walk in holding a girl’s hand.

“Guys, this is Lee Hi, I asked her out and now we are dating. I just wanted to come in and say we are going on a date so I can’t practice.”

“Oppa! It’s nice to meet you, I’m Lee Hi.” She bowed and the rest of the guys got up and walked to her. I decided to just sit there; I didn’t really want to meet her while I felt like this. She seemed like a nice girl too. Daehyun walked over and sat in the seat Zelo had abandoned. He lightly squeezed my shoulder and just sat there with me.

Oppa soon left with Lee Hi and the rest of the guys got out and started to dance or sing. I got up after a while and took the mic. I sang the song that I was going to sing to Yongguk oppa when I confess to him but I’ll just sing it here, letting everything go.

~~~~~~~~

I'm trying to catch up on all of my requests so please refrain from requesting until the next year! I think this is going to be a three shot.... Tell me what you think and I hope the one who requeested this likes this :)