Epilogue

Pieces

5 years later…

 

“That piece you played at the gala was amazing. I hope you will have a concert here too in Seoul. People will be devastated not to hear your music live”

“Is it true that you will permanently stay here in Seoul?”

“What are your secrets to perfecting such a beautiful instrument?”

. . .

 

I’m back here in Seoul and everyone seemed to be excited seeing me. It’s been 5 years and a lot has happened. After I came to Germany, my life changed. I met with different people and played in many different stages. Long story short, I finally obtain the lifelong dream that I wished to have. I used to doubt myself on what would happen if I don’t make it far enough with the piano but I guess doubting myself was wrong. I tried my best and now this is what I have become.

 

 

OST <<< Click the word. Listen to it while reading towards the ending]

 

 

The first I did was to rush over the most awaited place of my life… the piano room back in my high school. I stood in front of the crooked cabinet that we placed the time capsule in. I looked at my clock, 2 more minutes. I was long gone and I finally have some kind of closure with myself and Krystal. She no longer haunted me like she did before. I guess it was because I found peace after her funeral. I know I lacked a few things and I still had anxiety attacks after she died but there was something about it that I felt at peace. It was as if she lived on with me.

I slowly walked towards the cabinet and as I opened it, the box was still there. I took the key out and opened the box. I didn’t read the letter yet. I placed them both inside my bag and left the place. The next thing I knew, I’m riding a bus going somewhere familiar to me. The bus ride was a bit long but I never complained.

 

 

 

When I reached my destination, I saw Mrs. Kwon waving for me and smiling at my arrival. She hugged me as we both exchanged our hellos.

“You looked taller and handsome” she giggled as she prepared the table for lunch.

“I guess I’m well” I chuckled.

“How have you been?” she asked.

I looked at her but my eyes caught a photo of Krystal hanging on the wall. For a second I saw it, I thought I was going to have some sort of mental breakdown but luckily, I didn’t. I’m finally free and I’m happy that she’s happy even though she’s no longer here with me.

“I’m great actually. I miss this place. Everything about it”

 

After lunch, I excused myself from Mrs. Kwon and went to Krystal. Her grave is not far away but it is in safe place. A peaceful one just like her. I stood there watching her gravestone and giving her a warm smile. For once, my heart no longer aches, it no longer questions, and it no longer punctured. I took out our letters and I placed mine on her grave, it’s hers to keep and hers to read.

As I opened her letter, I leaned next to her gravestone:

 

 

 

Dear Taemin,

A lot has happened since the first time we have met. I know it’s a different time for you but I will still cherish the moments that I have remembered with you.

I’m sorry that my memory loss have not only cause you your greatest grieve but it has lost you me. I’m sorry for having to let you repeat the things we used to do because i dont know anything. I’m sorry for causing you the sadness that you don’t deserve. I know i am lacking in terms of being Krystal but i will try my best to be part of the fantasy that we once both shared with each other.

 

My doctor told me to always tell him about my dreams because my dreams are fragments of the past that i have missed. And the reason for these dreams just showing up was because of the love that you have shown me. You are determined to see me progress even if you know i could never. And for that i am deeply sorry.

 

I am thankful for the days that you have shown me your bright smile and your sparkling eyes everytime you see me. I dont deserve them. I know you hide your worries towards me and I’m very thankful that you have been there with me.

 

Most of all I’m really thankful for your patience, i will repay for those times where you should have been happy with someone else and instead you waited for a long lost friend.

 

I wish that this letter will tell you that i am not abandoning any of your feelings, i just wish that i never got to forget them because you are worth it. I felt a connection with you but it pained me because I didn’t even know why I’m so attached to you.

 

After 5 years, I wish to see you perform in a stage full of people where I’m not the only one who will love your talent. I guess it’s about time that I learn how to share you with other people.

Promise me you’ll never be sad because when you are, I feel sad too.

 

Always and forever be happy because I will be here to support you all the way.

 

With love,

Krystal.

 

 

 

 

END