It Doesn't Really Kill

Do Looks Really Kill?

I brush off a few leaves that were sitting on my usual place at the bus stand. I sat down and slightly shuffled on my sit as I shivered from the cold wind. I saw a few random people exhange smiles as eye contact were made. I relaced my scarf around my neck when I felt the grip loosen.

"Man, Mr. Kim really do love torturing us with his math exercises." I chuckled to my frowning friend and nod in return.

"He's still so cute though,"I replied while recapping how that skinny man looked. And that is when his bus decided to pass by. I felt my heart skipped a bit.

I slowly looked up and saw his face. He was casually talking to his friend whose standing outside the bus while the four-wheeled vehicle moves. He then shook his head slightly and scrunched his nose as a response to his friend's question. Later on he tore his head away from the standing person slowly, and his eyes made a contact with mine. He stretched his hand out from the little worn window and gave me his daily  wave and smile. His eye smile made my cheeks burned and I saw my soul left my body following the yellow bus with black stripes on. I lowered my head and glued a smile on my face which i never showed him. I mentally marked today's date in my head and added 'he smiled and waved for today, too!'

 


 

Him, the Kim Jongin. That well-known taken playboy who grabbed everybody's attention. Seniors flock over him while juniors fawn over him. While the boys who shared the same batch as he and I, were practically all his buddies. He is more of a sweet-talker despite having a boyish and a goodlooking face. He plays soccer pretty well with his friends Luhan and Minseok.  The only thing that don't really compliment his all is just his brains. He was placed on the seventh out of nine classes for our year. But who cares about that, honestly. And to add another fact about this tall, slender boy, he.. is my crush.

Last year was the beginning for our i-like-you-but-you-are-a-total-player-yet-i-don't-really-care relationship. And there were once, rumour has it that he likes me but then the too good to be true fact died after a few days lingering around me. And thus, we kind of stopped all the contact between us two that have been made. But here he is now, making my inner fangirl's feelings explode as much as possible. When was the start of this I-wave-cutely-and-leave-you-with-feels event? I can't really recall.

My teeth chewed my lips anxiously while my legs found it's way to my mom's purple coloured car. This, will be a long autumn.

 


 

I dragged my feet and slammed it against the grassy part of the ground. I took out my sketchbook from my tote bag and started sketching the fallen leaves from the massive oak tree across the road. My friend lazily made her way and slouched next to me while mumbling a "wake me up when my bus arrives."  before closing her eyes.

I was about to shook my friend up when a bus stopped near us. After a few minutes arguing with myself, I finally accepted the fact that the bus was not her's and it was Jongin's. Really, out of all places why choose to stop here.. why.. a cheeky faced Jongin gave me his infamous eye smile and kept on staring without a word. I mutter out a "what" as our staring contest was still going on. He said something but decided not to answer my question as I asked what was he saying.

My heart danced to a rock- jazz genre as he continued on staring and smiling at me. 'Snap out of it, he already has a girlfriend.' the King of head, Mr Brain decided to speak up. But then again, I rarely listen to him, anyways.

With a tiny wave from the tanned dancer, his bus left with me having mixed feelings.

I came back to reality when my half concious friend screamed "That's my bus, crap!"

 


 

I stood behind a bilboard to hide from the obnoxious Mr.Sun. These days, he seems to really like following me. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Jongin's bus passed by and stopped some feets away from my hiding place. As my heart beat increased, a few mouths entertained me with their talks.

"Autumns should be cold, not hot!"

"I estimate Luhan's body temperature is as hot as the weather."

"Sehun was totally checking me out just then."

"They said that Minseok's cheeks tasted like dumplings."

I let out a small chuckle, peeked out and  to be only greeted by a smiley waving Jongin.

I snapped my head quickly. Too quick, I might add as little stars starts on forming all over the place.

It is really hard to smile back to him and his cute small gestures if my heart kept on doing unfamiliar genre moves.

 


 

I fished out my exercise book from my bag to do the given homeworks.  I flipped the pages and my eyes scanned the exercise that I was supposed to do.

"Man that's a lot" I whispered to myself.

Neverthless, my hand started on scribbling the book. I rubbed my pocket and took out my purse. I took out a book shapped hairclip and clipped it on my hair making my bangs stay on place. I am not really the type of girl to wear hairclips, today is an exception though.

I hummed a few random songs that came into my mind when the corner of my eyes caught Jongin's watch. It really isn't that hard to distinguish his watch because his' stands out from the others. It's design is probably same as the other typical boys watches but it's colour really catches ones eyes. But I shrugged and continued on doing my work.

My gaze jumped out of the class' window and landed on an amused faced Jongin. He was having this amused slash a little shocked face on. Right, this is the first time anyone had seen me wearing a hairclip. But why was he so shocked? Do I look ugly with this clip on?

But the thoughts flocked away as the red face me continue on doing what she was doing.

 


 

I sat on a wooden stool that was placed between our school and another school. I decided that today would be a good day to stare at the sky and started on appreciating nature. I my dry lips and continued on staring at the grey sky. I forgot to bring my lipbalm today.. bummer. And so I wondered, how is it that sometimes the sky can change colours rapidly let's say.. from violet on the morning but then turned to soft-blue the afternoon. I made a probably hideous face as the clouds starts on covering the before soft-blue coloured sky.

Gravity decided to bring my head down to it's normal position. I rubbed the back of my neck slowly, making the pain flew away.

My gaze stopped on a familiar bus, probably fifteen to twenty steps away from me. 

And Jongin's head came out from the small window, slowly turning it's way to mine. And once again, the staring contest begins. Neither of us smiled or waved. I can feel the tense air around us which made me cringe mentally.

Just wave already, I don't have all day staring. And if i had them, I would happily do so.

As time ticks away, I can sense that Jongin is now tired and bored from staring because he had let his head in and stucked his hands out of the window, waving like a mad man would.

I laughed as I witnessed the cute scene, but frowned a little when his bus left.

 


 

A week before school ends, rumour has it that Jongin and his girlfriend broke up because she cheated on him. Honestly, I could't be more happier.

Days after that Jongin stopped giving me his usual waves, he only smiled which made my heart dropped everytime he do so.

I played with the hem of my shirt while counting how many flowers were printed on it. But I stopped doing so when a voice screamed my name and said ;

"I like you! Please be mine!" my eyes widen out as the words registered rapidly in my mind.

I looked up and couldn't believe what my eyes were witnessing. The Kim Jongin was stucking his head out of the window as usual, scattering the magical words out of his mouth. This time though, the bus was not moving.

I smiled and let out a giggle as I nod.

People say that if looks kill.. but now I don't really think so as Jongin and I stared each other with goofy grins on our faces.

 


would you guys squeal if I say that the smile and wave thing really happened in reality? anyways commente! ❤️