“Bleeding heart”

Flight To Paradise

I walked barefoot on the beach. The feeling of the cooling sand under my feet, the smell of the see, the rushing sound of the waves crashing on the sand, put me at ease. I let myself slide down in front of a tree at my favorite spot and leaned on it. As the cooling breeze caressed my face, I reviewed the events that occurred earlier. I sighed and let my shoulders drop as I brought my knees up to my chest and rest my chin on them. Jung Jihoon... I scoffed, 'Did I really looked like a gold digger?'  Byunghee made the same assumptions when we first met, I didn't understand at all, I was a quiet and reserved person, I always kept to myself and made sure to live my life with dignity. Just because my family wasn't as well off as Seojin's, didn't mean that we were looking for money or to profit from anyone. My mom and I were hard workers, she took care of me and my studies after my dad passed away. She never remarried because she was so loyal to him, he was her soul mate, she always said, and the only man she would ever love.

My thoughts drifted to my dad, I was very young when he died, I didn’t remember a lot about him, but at times, I would have flashes of memory of him, his eyes, his smile, the way he used to look at my mom. I remembered that he my mom loved to dance, sometimes they would put me in the middle and we would laugh together. I wiped a tear off my cheek, they were the perfect couple in my childish eyes. My mom dated, but they usually end up being friends. I always thought I was like her, because after Ben left, I wasn’t interested in dating, I went on dates just to get mother off my back, and they never got past first base. Byunghee was the first man to touch me so intimately, to make me feel the kind of things I was feeling for him. I thought that I was never going to fall in love again, and I didn’t want to fall in love again, because I didn’t want to suffer like I did when Jinsoo moved away. And now it turned out that I was crazy in love with someone else’s future husband. I felt like I was cursed to love men who didn’t want me.  

 ‘Oh! I wish I was like my mom. I wish I could close my heart, lock it and throw the key away to never be found.’ I kept myself for the man I loved twice and twice I failed, the first rejected me and the second was convinced that I was a , and now he was someone else's. I chuckled dryly, 'Just my luck.' I always wanted to wait until marriage to give myself completely to a man, but what happened with Byunghee yesterday, was the first time I let a man touch me like that, no one had ever enticed me to the point of making me lose control of everything. I never knew the passion I was capable of until I met Byunghee. For him I was willing to throw all my principles away to follow my basic instincts, the primal need I had for him, but after tonight, after seeing him with her and after the treatment that the chairman gave me, I decided to give up and move on. There was no point in carrying lingering feelings and ripping my heart out, because soon I was going back home anyway...

A tear rolled down my cheek, I wiped it away and decided that that would be the last time I will cry for a man, as I got up and walked back to the cottage. I went in through the back door, locked it and didn't even bother to turn on the lights. I went up to my room, I opened the French doors to let the moonlight flow freely inside, then I took my clothes off and headed to the shower. At first, I didn't notice the black box on the bed, so when I sat down to dry my hair and the lamp at the bedside, I saw the box with a little square note on top of it. I was skeptical and curious at the same time, I opened the note and smiled tenderly while reading it, it was Seojin's handwriting, 'I can't thank you enough for everything that you've done for me. I wish I could make you as happy as I am right now, because it is so good when you let yourself go and take a leap with the one you love. I didn't get a chance to tell you that you are going to be an aunt indeed ^_^ but all I wanted to tell you my baby boo is that you are the most beautiful person I know, from inside and out, no matter what others say or think. So stay beautiful baby.
Love you! '

There were two signatures at the end, hers and Seungho's, I smiled and opened the box. I gasped when I saw the measly pieces of clothing that laid there well folded, I took the top of the two-piece intimate apparel, lift it up to inspect it. It was a y halter-top nightwear with a see through lace top; it was fringed from the bust down, and paired with a lace thong. I looked at the two little pieces of clothing; these weren't even clothes because they wouldn't hide anything at all. I shook my head and burst out laughing, Seojin was going to get it tomorrow. I put them back in the box and thought that there was no way I was going to wear this thing. I went back to brushing my hair, but I kept glancing at the box on the bed next to me, so I lift it to put it away when I saw another card on the bed that was under the box, 'I know you're thinking about putting it somewhere, but would it kill you to try it on? You promised to be more open minded. You better do it or I will be mad, because you have no idea how y and beautiful you are.'

I laughed again, Seojin knew me so well and she was right, it wouldn’t hurt for me to try it on, and since I was by myself, there would be no one to make fun of me. I dropped my bathrobe, slipped the little pieces of cloth on me, and stood in front of the large mirror in front of the bed, 'Wow! These things really didn't hide anything, but Seojin was right, I do look y in them.' The halter-top bra pulled my s higher and made them look fuller and I could see my s through the fabric. I smiled and twirled in front of the mirror, I tied my hair up to see my back better and I chuckled at how I felt without being entirely . I giggled and turned red at the idea of someone walking in to see me like that, but since I was alone I just decided to keep them on. I walked on the balcony to take a breath of fresh air, the half moonlight reflected on the sea as if it was surfing its waves. I took a deep breath and sighed, it made me think of the night Byunghee took me in his arms at the pond, that night was very promising, but...

I shrugged and decided not to think about that issue anymore, tonight he had his fiancée in his arms and I was told very well by the chairman that I could never be with him, and that we both came from two different worlds. I felt my eyes filled with tears, 'No' I said to myself, I wasn't going to cry anymore. I wanted to take my mind off those things, so I went downstairs to get a bottle of wine. I walked into the kitchen without turning on the lights, picked a bottle out of the wine cooler and a glass. I was looking for the wine opener when the lights came on, I was startled and dropped the wine glass that I was holding in my hand.

 Annoyed, I turned around to see the intruder, "What the..." I was so preoccupied that I didn't realize that there was someone else in the living room that was only separated with the kitchen by a breakfast bar. Forgetting everything else, I asked him, “What are you doing here? How did you get in? How long have you been here?” but instead of replying, he jumped forward, grabbed me by the waist and sat me on the counter. I looked at him with wide eyes, but he ignored me, tuning away to look for a dustpan and a broom, he came back and started cleaning the floor, as I watched him confused.

All kinds of emotions flooded me, I didn’t what to think or how to react, why was he here, did h know that I talk to the chairman or rather the chairman talked to me, was he here to excuse himself for last night and tonight, or was he here to say that what happened yesterday couldn’t be repeated? I had all those questioned running around in my head so I asked me again trying to maintain my composure, “What are you doing?” I asked him, but he still ignored me. He put the cleaning instruments back to their place and walked up to me. Since he wasn't responding, I motioned to get down from the counter when he barked at me, "Are you crazy? Do you want to give me a heart attack? How can you break a glass when you are walking around bare feet? Look you're bleeding." I looked at him astonished at first, but then I blew up at him, “And whose fault is it. What the heck are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be busy with your fiancée at the main hotel?”

Still not responding he went to a cabinet next to the door and came back with a first aid kit, "Let me take care of your cut..." he reached for my foot and I pushed him away, “That's okay, I am fine.” He didn't listen and grabbed my foot forcefully, "Let me take care of this so it doesn't get infected?" . Anger boiled in me, he was acting like he cared, like everything was fine, but just the thought of him being here out of guilt infuriated me, “Don't pretend that you care...” He was kneeling in front of me with my foot still in his hand, so he lifted his head to look at me, "I am not pretending, I do care. Now stay still and let me take care of this..." I should have been happy that he was here, taking care of me like that instead of being with her, but I saw red, I pushed him away and jumped off the counter, and before I knew it, I blabbered those words, “Then whose going to take care of my bleeding heart? Who’s going to make it stop hurting so much?” I spilled the words out without any thoughts. Once I realized that I confessed to him that I was hurting, I turned my heels to run to my room. 'Stupid, stupid. That was so stupid of me. What was I going to do now?'...