The Meeting

Long Time No See

After the performances were over, after all the awards were accepted and speeches given, the night had finally winded down to the most enjoyable and exciting event; the after party.

 

As 2NE1 stepped off their van in front of a VIP club, Bom instinctively turned her head to see Big Bang’s van arriving just behind them. No doubt she was happy to see all the Big Bang members as a whole again but there was someone in there who she was anticipating to see more than anyone else. But before she could catch a glimpse of him, she was ushered into the building along with the other girls.

 

“I wish we had been able to perform more songs tonight, it felt like our performance was only a few seconds” commented Dara regretfully as the girls headed downstairs to the main dance floor.

 

“Me too! I really wanted to dance on stage but I guess it couldn’t be helped” replied a disappointed Minzy.

 

“I know we all feel disappointed with tonights performance but what’s done is done, right? All we can do now is work harder beginning next year so that we can get a better stage. But for now it’s time for us to relax and let loose!” said CL as she pulled the other girls quicker towards the neon lighted room.

 

Among the mini frenzy, Bom was silent but she was grinning, happy that tonight they could all come together to have a little fun and also because she couldn’t wait to see a special someone very soon.

 

Once they arrived, Minzy was already feeling the beat of the music as she bobbed her head to the rhythm and started dancing whilst walking to a part of the dance area. CL joined in not far behind her and Dara was ready to follow when she noticed Bom staying back and gazing towards the entrance.

 

“Looking for someone, huh?” she teasingly asked Bom although she knew perfectly well that this was rather a fact than a question. Bom scrunched her face in mocked annoyance and lightly slapped Dara’s arm.

 

“Stop making fun of me and go dance already!” Bom retorted. As much as she wanted to go dance with the other girls too, she also knew this was the night that she’d be able to actually talk to him for awhile which made her want to stay back more. Dara only smiled mischievously in return and contently hopped over to the others.

 

Seungri was the first of the Big Bang members to stride into the room and he made no effort to let his presence go unknown as he let out a big whoop and began shimmying of some sorts to the center area of the dance floor. Daesung followed in high spirits as well and they both separated onto the dance floor among the small crowds of people. Bom spotted Seunghyun waltzing in wearing a simple black suit, his expression calm and collected as he undid a few buttons on his white blouse. As if on cue, Seunghyun suddenly looked over at her as well and his lips broke into a small smirk. Just as Bom started moving towards him, Youngbae had popped up out of nowhere beside her and started dragging her elsewhere before she could say a word.

 

Seunghyun watched for a few moments as Bom was chatting with Youngbae, obviously looking a little deflated but still trying her best to keep him company. He smiled to himself at the humorous coincidence of the third wheel appearance but decided he had enough time to to stay and talk to her later before he had to leave for another schedule.

 

Through out the night Bom and Seunghyun could hardly find a time to even chat for a minute before someone would pull either of them away to meet someone or take a picture. Needless to say both of them were getting restless and had come to a point where they needed to take action themselves in order to make a meeting happen.

 

While in the middle of a group of noisy girls, Bom suddenly realized something she could have done a long time ago. She whipped her phone out quickly and started searching through her contacts. When she finally found him, she began forming a text to him.

 

Seunghyun, who was enjoying a nice glass of champagne, excused himself from a conversation he was having to take out his phone.

 

Bommie : Meet me behind the water fountain in 2 minutes!

 

After putting his phone back in his pocket, Seunghyun stayed where he was and continued to listen to the talkative man in front of him to be polite before he again excused himself to use the restroom. He had seen her get up already and quickly began making his way through the sea of people to the fountain, fixing his collar as he went.

 

“You requested my company?” he asked playfully as he approached her.

 

“Well you didn’t seem to be making an effort to talk to your old friend so I had to resort to this” accused Bom as she crossed her arms and leaned against the back of the fountain, a light smile tugging on her lips.

 

“Sorry about that, I can’t help that I’m too handsome for everyone to resist” he joked and leaned on the fountain too, mimicking Bom. There was a certain sparkle to his eyes and as he took a sip from his champagne, it seemed to taste sweeter than before.

 

 

“You conceited alien” said Bom as she pretended to roll her eyes, causing Seunghyun to chuckle. Then she looked at him directly and softened her gaze.

 

 

“How have you been these past few months?” she asked.

 

 

“If going by work and entertainment, I’ve had my fair share. But as for my love life...well, I’m sure you know what it’s like better than I do” he answered, emphasizing the last part specifically for Bom.

 

“Mmm...you know how I feel as well” she said as she lowered her head and looked aimlessly at the floor. Seunghyun immediately felt a pang of regret over what he had just said and reached over with his free hand to entwine them with hers.

 

“Hey...hey, come on, I wasn’t trying to blame you or anything” he said gently while tugging her hand a little.

 

“I know” she replied and smiled a little to put him at ease “It’s been hard on both of us, being like this. I just wish we could reveal ourselves soon; I’m already 30 now, I can’t say I’m single for another 6 years!”. They both shared a laugh at the thought of Bom nearing 40 and still claiming she had no boyfriend.

 

“I promise that when the time is right, I’ll be the first to tell everybody” Seunghyun assured her and lifted her hand up to his lips to give it a small peck.

 

“Let’s take a picture together!” said Bom suddenly as she took out her phone excitedly. But as the two were posing and getting ready to snap a selca together Dara and Minzy appeared from the side of the fountain and started to hang onto Bom’s arms.

 

“Are you guys taking a selca? We should take one together!” Dara chirped with a smile that spread from cheek to cheek. Minzy nodded and immediately set her head upon Bom’s shoulder. Dara was still leaning against Bom when she noticed Seunghyun who was standing to the side awkwardly.

 

“Oh! Is this a couple picture? Ah, that’s so sweet! You can stand beside her then, I’ll just stand right here” said Dara to Seunghyun as she moved over to the other side of him. Seunghyun was admittedly a little crushed that his intimate moment with Bom only lasted so long but he remained a good sport and made sure he positioned his body just slightly more towards Bom as he still wanted the photo to center around them.

 

After the photo was taken everyone gathered around Bom to review it. As Seunghyun was trying to get a better look, his manager had came and was tapping on his shoulder, making him turn around. He was told that he needed to get to another schedule and so had to leave right at the moment.

 

“Hey, I have to go now, got something else I need to do” said Seunghyun to the girls although he looked more towards Bom, letting her see his apologetic gaze. She nodded and squeezed his hand “Go ahead, I’ll text you soon!”

 

                                                  ____________________________________

 

As Seunghyun sat in the van that was already miles away from Bom he stared off into the night sky as he imagined what he would have done if he had more time with her. A small ringing sound awoke him from his thoughts and he took out his phone to see a message from Bom. He unknowingly grinned as he read her text.

 

Bommie : Go look at my instagram ~~~ ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

 

Immediately Seunghyun tapped into the internet on his phone and went straight to Bom’s instagram which he had conveniently stored into his bookmarks. At first he was only focusing on the photo and how Minzy was almost cut out of it and how Dara looked as if she had just hopped into the group when he noticed the caption.

 

With ma LUV~~T.O.Pㅋㅋㅋ 장난

 

Those words brought an uncontrollable smile on Seunghyun’s face and he again turned to look at the passing scenery outside before looking at the caption another time and then giggled very quietly to himself so the driver wouldn’t hear him. Wasting not another second, he decided to write a reply to Bom.

 

Alien : You’ve already gotten over a hundred comments on that picture and they all seem to be really positive. Looks like we’ve been pre-approved by some people already :P

 

Bommie : Kekeke ~~~ you’re going to make my instagram really popular for a few days you know ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

 

Alien : Why’d you write ‘just kidding’ though, was that for the fans or for me?

 

Bommie : I wrote that so I won’t get murdered tonight in my sleep by a crazy fan!  ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ=3=3=3

 

Alien : Well my love for you is no joke. Ha ha get it?

 

Bommie : You’re not really funny when you’re trying to be funny ~ ( ̄~ ̄;) Ah I have to text you later, I think Dara drank a little too much …

 

Alien : Okay no wait come back for a second!

 

Bommie : What what??

 

Alien : I love you


Bommie : I love you too Alien ~~~