Christmas Surprise

It's A Wonderful Christmas

Its been a really long time since Aron and Hanhee had last seen each other. The last time she ever talked to Aron was when Pledis Entertainment held auditions in Los Angeles for Asian-Americans to get into their company. The both of them had auditioned and made it to the finals.

"No hard feelings?"

"Why are you telling me this? You're usually the one who would get upset because I was always on top of you." Aron laughed.

The two of them were extremely close. They were both neighbors and attended the same schools. High school was the only exception because Aron had wanted to go to Loyola High School which is a private Catholic all-boys-school whereas Hanhee had ended up taking the Metro Link from L.A. to Pomona in order to attend the all-girls-school they have there. 

They both still hung out after school and spent time together in tutoring each other or simply studying for exams. But when school was done, the two of them would go hang out at the movies, go to the skate park, or simply walk around town.

The last time they ever spent Christmas together was in the year 2010. Hanhee had gone over to his house and both of their families would sit together and eat Christmas dinner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aron! Are you two going to kiss anytime soon?"

"Hannah!" he blushed.

"Aren't you two together?" she asked innocently.

"No. We aren't." Hanhee would shyly speak back.

Although they weren't together, the both of them, and Hannah, had known there was a special sort of connection, a bond between the two of them. Hannah shipped them as her OTP and would annoy her big brother Aron about it. 

Later on that evening, Aron wasn't feeling well and went off to his room. Hanhee would walk down the hallway and headed into his room to make sure he was doing alright.

"Aron?"

He was sitting down on his bed, his hands folded in front of him as he kept his gaze low. She would approach him and stood there, waiting for him to look up as she crosses her arms.

"Aron..." her tone was more firm this time.

"Its not the same.."

"What do you mean?"

"This isn't what I imagined it to be.."

"What isn't what you imagined it to be?"

"Why am I a coward?"

"Youngmin Kwak.." she was concerned.

"Why am I so afraid of losing you?.."

She stood there, shocked. 

"Losing me why?"

"I want to become a rapper..."

"Then do it."

"It's not that easy.."

"I'll help you."

"How? You can't possibly help me."

"Why's that?" she frowned, she was starting to get really upset and was ready to slap him.

"Because...."

"Because?"

"YOU are the problem that won't go away.."

She took a step back as her heart beat quickly against her chest. It ached. She was ready to cry.

"Fine... I'll go away.." she started heading for the door.

With that, Aron pulled her to him and kisses her. They both exchanged a heated kiss as their hands were wrapped around each other. In his embrace, she felt like she could do anything. In her embrace, he felt that he would never lose her. They both had wanted this for so long but never knew that this was the release that they had needed.

She let go and immediately backed away.

"What..." she touched her lips. "That was my first..."

He got up and slowly approached her. She was confused and thought he was going to assault her. He leaned in, close to her face and let out a soft chuckle as he ruffled her hair.

"You are the problem that won't go away because I love you and it's too hard for me to let go of you..."

He walks away into the living room.

She gasps and sinks to her knees, still taken a-back and trying to process what had just happened.

That was the last Christmas that they had spent together....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that they were against each other, Hanhee felt that she should purposefully lose, Then she thought if she and Aron were as good as one, the company would take them both. Aron sang a song by Ne-Yo and the manager was greatly pleased with his skills. Hanhee was nervous and knew she didn't stand a chance against Aron because he was cute, could sing, has fashion sense, and can dance and choreograph his own routine. He was also capable of free-styling any dance and rap he pleased. It was her turn. She didn't feel like performing and nearly ran off. Aron approached her and looked into her eyes.

"You can do this.. I believe in you. Give it your all and just have fun.. Ok?" he smiled and walked out to watch her from the sidelines.

She gulped and took the microphone into her hands. She cleared her thoughts and decided to sing something that described how she felt. She sang in front of the manager and the After School girls.

 

"I want you to know

That is doesn't matter

where we take this road,

someone's gotta go.

And I want you to know, you couldn't have loved me better,

But I want you to move on

So I'm Already Gone.....

Looking at you makes it harder

But I know that you'll find another

that doesn't always make you wanna cry

It started with a perfect kiss then, we could feel the poison set in

'Perfect' couldn't keep this love alive

You know that I love you so I love you enough to let you go..."

 

She almost started crying when she realized how much Aron meant to her. She didn't want him to go. She knew she wouldn't be chosen. All she could hope for is that Aron's dream would come true. She was a plain girl who would wear hoodies, jackets, a graphic tee or a tank top, no sleeved cardigans, combat boots, and skinny jeans. Usually they were torn on the upper part of her thighs in her superior view. Her hair was naturally straight and curled in the ends. She would wear beanies and hats all the time too. She really hated the idea of being a 'girl' or more like a 'girly girl'. To Aron, she was the most beautiful girl he could have ever hoped for. He didn't care about provacative clothing, make-up, girlyness or what not. All he ever wanted was for someone to be there for him when he needed her most or someone who can cook for him when he's lazy which she can handle.

It was time for the results. The manager really wanted to take Hanhee in but gave the opportunity to Aron because he really had intended to form his first ever boy band already. He offered Hanhee a trainee session that would last for two years and a 4-year contract with the company to serve as After School's future duoist star but she kindly denied the offer. This was Aron's dream, not her own. 

He couldn't had been more proud.

The next day, the two of them had gone to the airport. Aron's family couldn't make it because they were too busy to see him off. She was sad, seeing him go but she knew it was for the best.

"So... this is goodbye?"

"No... this is hello to a new beginning that will benefit the both of us.."

"Us?"

"You didn't think we would break up did you?"

"No but... there are prettier girls over there and--"

"Ayeeee Hanhee... I like you and only you arasso?"

"Hey you do know Korean.." she smiled and laughed.

"Barely anything. Only the basics.. the company is going to enforce Korean on me or I won't make the cut."

She gasped.

"Wait... pfft you'll be fine. You scored a 2300 on your SAT the first time ever out of 2400!"

"Ya! It's embarassing.."

"Well you are smart!"

"What does that have to do with me learning Korean?"

"Well! It means you'll be able to memorize and learn it easily! You are an ace!"

"Hanhee!"

The both of them laughed as his plane started boarding the passengers. She sighed and he looked down. He inhaled and exhaled. She looked back up at him and stepped back a bit.

He hugged her tightly and kissed her on her forehead.

"Don't forget me.. I'll always be thinking of you.. and I'll always try to write or talk to you.."

"Jinjayo?..."

"Nae...."

He lifted her chin up and kissed her sweetly.

"Until then, I want you to have this.."

He handed her his faded greenish bracelet that he would always wear.

"Its for goodluck.. and now you know I have to come back because I can't live without that bracelet."

"Then, in case you do forget about me when you're looking at another girl.." she took her necklace off and put it on him. "that key and locket are important to me... its a picture of you and me when we were kids.. its the only photograph I have of us to be honest.."

He grinned widely and quickly took her to his side.

"Selfie!" he smiled widely and took the photo with his phone.

"Youngmin!" she growled.

"What? Smile!"

She quickly smiled and then frowned again as he set up his wallpaper on his phone.

"You...." she takes his phone and sends the selfie shot of himself with her to her own phone and sets it as her wallpaper.

With that, the two of them went their separate ways. She stayed, looking out the window until the plane took off. She sighed and looked down. She didn't know what she was going to do without him. He was really her only friend... her lover... and her neighbor. 

Now that he's gone, she decided it was time to make a few changes and become someone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been about almost four years since they've last seen and talked to each other. Just the other day, she finally contacted him.

"Ar- oh?"

"Annyeonghaseyo noona!" JR replied.

"Hey is Aron there?"

"Not at the moment. He went off with Baekho on an err- oh he's here!"

"Kamsa-"

"NOONA!!!!!!!!" Baekho took the phone and chatted away. Hanhee was used to this sort of thing by now.

Finally, Aron takes the phone and speaks in english.

"Hey, you finally learned Korean?"

"I learned it in one year just as you did or how else would I be able to communicate if I ever planned on going to Korea?"

"True that... Anyways, whats up?"

"Well, Christmas is around the corner... I was planning on heading back to L.A this Christmas to spend it with your family and my own."

"Ah. From New York to California..."

"I was wondering.. would you come to California, for at least one day to spend Christmas together again?..."

"Well... sure why not? I'm sure my manager wouldn't mind. He wants us to be with our families this Christmas."

"jinjja!? So when --"

That was the end of their minutes. She was frustrated that she couldn't call him freely because of how high the cost is per minute. Their conversations would last for hours and hours. Once, they talked for a good fourteen hours when Aron had a free day with no schedules. The two of them would tell each other everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hanhee had just gotten to the airport when suddenly all flights outside of New York were delayed. She was going to be late for Christmas. Aron had arrived at the airport as well and his flight was delayed as well. The two of them were going to be extremely late for Christmas.

"Aron? Where are you?"

"Stranded at the airport... you?"

"Same..."

The both of them sighed as their flights were going to leave until December 25 in the evening.

"What should we do?"

"Well... don't hang up.... I have about ten thousand minutes to go so we can keep talking..."

"Hanhee..." he sighed and was growing impatient.

"I really wanted to see you.."

"Well, tomorrow we can."

"But I can't..."

"Why not?" Aron was surprised.

"I got recruited by SM Entertainment.."

He was taken completely off guard and knew he would never really see her as much anymore if she joined SM.

"Hanhee... that's.... that's great!" all he could do is praise her and motivate her to keep her going.

"Yeah.. They want me over there on the 26th to record a 'Happy Year' end song as my official debut teaser.."

"Already?... W-wow..." he was really saddened at the thought but knew it was for the best.

"Anyways, even though we're apart, why don't we stay on the phone and have dinner together?"

"Sounds great!" he smiled widely.

The both of them headed to the food court in the airport they were in and each ordered some food. Hanhee had ordered an all topping pizza slice whereas Aron had ordered Wonton Soup.

"How's your food?"

"This is silly.." he laughed.

"Ya Youngmin!"

"Mianhe hehe.." he chuckled and ate his soup.

She sighed and knew that it just wasn't the same without him.

The both of them had stayed on the phone all night as they waited for the 25th to finally come. It was five minutes before Christmas and the both of them were stranded in an airport with other families surrounding them, already opening gifts.

"Hey Aron? What did you get me for Christmas?"

"It's a secret... what did you get me?"

"A new skateboard... haha I know you need one... and a customized beanie and some combats and a nice long coat for days you need to dress up or simply want to stay warm.."

"How did you afford all of that?"

"Well, I do have many part time jobs now.. Remember?"

"Oh yeah... you waitress like three restaurants.. are your tips that big?"

She laughed and he just couldn't help it but smile. Suddenly, the airport she was at had shut down completely. A blizzard had come and blew out the electricity in the area. She panicked as she's afraid of the dark.

"Aron? Aron!?"

Her phone had shut off because of the area she was in and sighed. She tried remaining calm and decided to walk towards the windows to see the lights from outside. They were barely visible as the storm had completely taken over the town.

A few hours or so had passed and it was sunrise. She woke up and rubbed her eyes.

"Hey are you ok?" a person nearby had spoken to her and offered their hand.

"Yeah..."

"You were shaking.. you're afraid of the dark?"

"Yes.." she took the person's hand and sighed. "Thank you." she bowed then looked up.

Her eyes widened.

"You're welcome...."

"Aron!!!!!!!!' she jumped into his embrace and the both of them had fallen down. He laughed and smiled gently as he sat up with her.

"When did you get here!?"

"A long time ago really.. I knew that there would be a storm and suspected your flight would be delayed so I came earlier than expected.."

"Why New York?"

"Because.. I'd rather spend Christmas with the one I want to be with.."

"But your family.."

"We can see them together.. don't worry okay?" he smiled and hugged her tight.

She shivered and hugged him back just as tightly. She felt like she was dreaming. She was relieved at the same time as she had missed him for so long. Finally, they both got back up and stared into each other's eyes.

"Whoa wait a minute.." he blushed when he looked at her.

She had completely grown up. She had changed in a good way too. Her hair was curled, she was wearing a knit headband, a loose-flowing straight seamed blouse, well fitted black skinny jeans, michael kor wedges, and a black-soft trenchcoat with a scarf around her neck. She was also wearing some make up that highlighted her eyes. She was wearing pink lip gloss and earings that caught his attention. He was surprised and also noticed she was wearing Juicy Couture perfume. 

"When did..."

"Change is good right?" she smiled widely.

"You know... I like you no matter how you look... right?"

"I know but.. I guess I really grew to like these things.."

" 'I don't like girly things' " he imitated her voice.

She slightly slapped his arm and laughed. They both sat down and stared out the window as the sun was rising. She snuggled into his arms and took in a deep breath.

"Is this real?"

"This... is really real.." he exhaled.

"... So.... now what?"

He looked down at her. She looked up at him and gave him that warm, welcoming smile that always made him feel welcomed and smile back everytime he would see it.

"Now, Merry Christmas..." he cupped her face and kisses her.

She kisses back just as sweetly. The two of them had almost forgotten what it was like to kiss. This is by far the greatest present Hanhee could have ever wished for. Aron's surprise was himself. He was at the airport the whole time. He had ordered Wonton Soup from the food locale outisde of the airport. He had gone in at the very moment that the electricity went out in order to search for her. He knew she was afraid of the dark so spotting her wouldn't be too difficult. It was perfect....

They knew that this relationship had gone through a lot..

They survived the long distance that they both were in...

With that, they knew that their love was real.

They knew that they would last.

They knew, that this is something that would become a forever.

"Merry Christmas, Youngmin Kwak.."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: i hope you all enjoyed this! please comment and if you want more one shotters, let me know! i wrote this while on writers block just now lol wuuuuuut ...................... hehe ^-^ even though its early for me to say this, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! Be safe and remember that christmas is about family, friends, and those you care and love. Ignore all the gifts and christmas lights. Family is what really counts. Well, love in general but haha you know what i mean! Bye KReeners! :)