Her

Power Trip

 

 

 

 

The lights that shined from the skyscrapers seemed to look past me through the window . Her presence seemed to take up the room. I could feel her disapointment, taste her arrogance, sense her staring at me from her spot on the bed . I turned and leaned against the window, my head resting against the cold glass of the window . The only light in the room was from the lights that shined from behind the window, the hustle from behind the window was the exact opposite to how the room felt at that moment. Neither of us spoke a word, she stared at me and I stared at the wall that stood behind her . What we were waiting for , neither of us knew. 

  We didn't know what we were doing anymore . We didn't know how to make it the way it was in the beginning, when we were happy , but we didn't know how to get out now . It was like we had sunk too deep and there was no longer a means of escape . So tonight we were going to do the same thing that we always do.

She came up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, her hands grabbing fistfuls of my hair. Her head  nuzzling my neck were she kissed softly. 

We didn't know what else to do, so we were going to act like there was  nothing wrong.