What happens with paranoia

Paranoid

Sooyoung's POV

As light continued to shine into the room, I gave up trying to sleep having endured with a pounding headache which refused to subside. Remembering about our packed schedule, I immediately sat up wanting to get going with the practices for today’s music station and tour the next day, only to be met with a wave of nausea and giddiness. Sooyoung, not now, you can’t be weak. Hwaiting! I mumbled to myself as I regained my strength and balance. It was really quiet, I looked to my right only to be met with an empty bed. I really did it this time didn’t I? Mianhe sica, saranghae... 

 

Flashback

SICA! Mind explaining this? I slammed the laptop on the table and stared at her accusingly. “What is it?” as she walked over and looked at the screen 

 

“Oh....” she said. 

 

“OH? thats all? This isn’t the first time sica and you didn’t even let me know either. How could you do this to me? To us?!”

 

“It was just a friendly chat! Can’t you just trust me like how i trusted you? Back then, you used to go out with Sungmin and Kyuhyun oppa and I didn’t even say a word. I knew you wouldn’t cheat on me. But now what, just because me and Taecyeon got caught together in public, you are making it seem like it’s true. You trust those paparazzi more than your own girlfriend!! Why can’t you just believe in us!” She screamed at me. 

 

I was taken aback with her outburst and when she looked up at me with those teary eyes, my heart broke. I was wrong, I crossed the line again. It wasn’t the first time but I just couldn’t stop being so paranoid.

 

“If you can’t even trust me, this relationship is not going to work.” she walked away sobbing. 

 

End of Flashback

 

Back in the heat of the moment, I just burst out. But now looking back, I knew I was at wrong for not trusting her enough, for accusing her of something I know she would never do.  All that was left to do was to apologize and get her back. It wasn’t going to be easy but that didn’t mean I wasn’t going to try. I checked each of the rooms and finally saw her sleeping with Tiffany. There she was sleeping so deeply curled up in the blanket. I slid her bangs to one side and her swollen puffy eyes were so visible. So much for promising her to protect her when I was the cause of her tears. So sorry, please forgive me sica ah. Staring at her for a little while, I left to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. 

 

“Sooyoung ah! Why so early?” Hyoyeon poked her head into view. 

 

“I just wanted to prepare breakfast for once!” I replied enthusiastically. 

 

She rushed to my side and started poking me, “Yeah right, you and Jessica had a fight again didn’t you?” 

 

“No I di..” before i managed to even reply, tiffany cut me off. 

 

“Yes she did, Jessica came to me crying last night and YOU have a lot to make up for young lady” she pointed at me. “Breakfast won’t help you.”

 

Just on cue, the subject topic came out of the room disheveled. “What’s with the noise?” she mumbled. 

 

“Nothing much, Sooyoung’s preparing breakfast, joining us? Tiffany asked. She glanced at me for a second before dragging herself to the bathroom. 

 

“Don’t prepare for me, I’m meeting a friend.” Tiffany gave me the i told you so look. 

 

“Here let me take over” Hyoyeon offered knowing I wouldn’t be in the mood already. 

 

With that I just laid in our room, thinking about what I could do. The headache wasn’t helping at all. 

 

The day continued on as we all got ready for our practices. We were performing The Great Escape and Mr. Taxi one after the other so we had to get all the formations and choreography down. No matter how much I wanted to talk to her, there wasn’t an opportunity to and not that she wanted to,  as she kept avoiding me. The other members knew what was going on but they knew it was better not to get involved. 

 

“Jessica, u keep fumbling with this part, work on it first. Sooyoung, help her with it.” Taeyeon was trying to help me but before I could even approach her, “Hyoyeon can you help me instead?” Hyoyeon then looked towards me. I lightly nodded my head, and she proceeded to help her.

 

Sighing, I continued practicing and before I knew it, it was lunchtime.  It would normally be my favourite time of the day to spend with the girls but I could already imagine the tension. With that, I told them to go without me and I would get my own lunch. Blasting music continuously, I just let my body move with the rhythm. It was’t long when i came to a stop. My head was pounding heavily and it suddenly felt cold. Brushing it off, I went off and showered before meeting the rest for our performance. 

 

After Lunch

 

All the girls gathered in the dorm before heading out for Music Station. All of them even sica looked excited and so was I, I mean it’s our first japan album promotion! It’s always been my dream to finally come back after Route 0. But I just wasn’t feeling too well, my head was spinning and my body felt so sore. Nonetheless, I held it all in, I couldn’t back out of this. Taeyeon seemed to notice me and my less energetic self and she gave me the questioning look. I just assured her I was fine but she wasn’t really convinced. 

 

Soon we reached and once we had completed our makeup, I went to the cafeteria in the building and sica’s favourite drink. I really hope she won’t stay mad at me too long, I miss her. 

 

We had been on the same journey since 10 years ago. From strangers we became friends and soon the best of friends and eventually lovers. I denied the feelings I had for her, I didn’t want to put our precious friendship at stake. I was content looking at her from afar. And i guess soon Jessica got tired of waiting and took the initiative. For once she was the seobang instead. I still remember how the girls dragged me to the rooftop on my birthday blindfolded. And when it was untied, an angel stood in sight. She was just so beautiful. She chuckled as she walked towards me. “Someone caught your eye?” she whispered seductively. I couldn’t take it anymore, I held her close and leaned forward. Our lips met. Her eyes widened and that was when I realised what I had done. I immediately puled back and apologised, “Jessica, I’m sorry I didn’t...” Before I even apolosiged completely, she kissed me. I was too shocked to even respond until she broke away and confessed, “Saranghae Choi Sooyoung, please be mine?” and looked at me expectantly. Those words lifted the burden in my heart, she actually felt the same way. I pulled her close and whispered in her ear, “I love you too Jung Jessica, I was yours from the day we met.” Closing the gap, our lips meant for the 3rd time with both of us conveying our love to each other. 

 

Reminiscing about those days just made me so happy. I went to her sit and placed the drink before leaving to the stage for the start of the program. The energy there was really high, they were really anticipating our performance and we could only repay them by displaying our best. To be honest, I really wasn’t feeling too good when it was our turn to perform but it was only about 7 min long. Sooyoung hwaiting! Don’t let your Japanese fans down! I got into my position.

 

After our ending performance and staying around to mix around with the other artists, I rushed to the restroom. I really felt sick and exhausted. My breathes were ragged and it felt like i couldn’t get enough oxygen.  Everything blurred around me as my legs turned to jelly and I slid to the floor. Finally giving in to the fight I had with my body, everything turned to black.