Stop the Time

Chanyeol's List

  

 

Freaking long chapter coming through.

 

I am so sorry for the inconvenience.

 

I know, long chapters hurt our eyes. I know.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

I stop the time and go back to you.’

 

 

 

 

 

Snow has started to fall since days ago.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t even bother to wear thicker clothes. He already felt numb for three months. He doesn’t even care about the tip of his nose getting red, or how his fingertips are freezing. It’s like he can’t feel anymore, or he just simply had refused to feel anything.

 

He found himself standing in front of what’s left from his one and only love, who he never had the chance to at least say goodbye to. What happened that he had to be so foolish? He keeps thinking about that as he stares at the letters engraved in front of him.

 

‘Byun Baekhyun’

 

His hand reached for a piece of paper in his pocket. He fished it out, opened it, and read the words written on the crumpled surface.

 

Things I will do if Baekhyun come back to me:’

 

 

________________________________

 

 

“Oww, look at you!!” Baekhyun squealed brightly over the tiny toy poodle on the carpet in front of him, struggling to crawl towards his owner.

 

Or, well, temporary owner until everything’s settled.

 

“You’re too cute to be true, oh God, you’re so perfect!” Baekhyun almost cried over the puppy’s cuteness, because admit it, he could never stand any cute thing. He then sighed as his shoulder slumped. “I really do hope Chanyeol will accept you, just this time. Oh, right, Chanyeol is my fiancé! He’s really tall and handsome and his voice is deep and he’s – … there.”

 

Blood almost drained out of his petite body when he looked up to find Chanyeol is already staring down at him, with that annoyed expression. Although Chanyeol is still handsome like that, Baekhyun hates it when he furrowed his eyebrows. Or precisely, he hates it if he’s the cause of that hateful look.

 

“Baekhyun,” the taller one sighed heavily as he put a hand over his forehead, “what did I tell you about – “

 

“No pets around, I know, I know,” Baekhyun said, almost pleadingly, “but he’s really very very cute!!”

 

“You said that to hundreds of puppies before yet you didn’t take them.”

 

“This little angel is actually the puppy of Jongin’s poodle.” he said – it went uncared by Chanyeol, of course. “I need a companion like him. Well, you haven’t been around lately.”

 

Chanyeol frowned more. “Are you complaining about that now?”

 

In the millisecond Baekhyun’s head jerked upwards again, a silent gasp left his lips. “N-no! I’m not complaining, like, how could I?”

 

“Exactly.”

 

“But I do really need a companion like this one.” he said, nuzzling his nose against the little puppy’s head. “He brightens up my day.” he murmured quietly, smiling softly over the poodle.

 

This tiny part of his conscious heart hopes that Chanyeol will understand for once. Just for once in his lifetime.

 

“You can hang out with Kyungsoo and Jongin, or any friend of yours that I know,” Chanyeol says casually yet somehow sternly, “but not with a poodle.”

 

Well apparently his hope is just another damned useless thing, as always.

 

“Then what about cat?”

 

Chanyeol casted a look at him.

 

“Okay okay.” Baekhyun huffed, puffing his cheeks, and if it’s the five-months-ago Park Chanyeol, he would’ve cooed over the cuteness.

 

But time runs swiftly, and it tends to change some people along.

 

“Come on, Yeol, don’t be mad.” Baekhyun half-heartedly put the poodle back into its box. “What about some caramel latte?”

 

Chanyeol stood in front of the dining table, and soon enough he could feel Baekhyun’s thin fragile arms being wrapped around his torso from behind. He could actually feel Baekhyun breathing against his back.

 

A sigh escaped his lips. “Okay, caramel latte.” Chanyeol who had softened a lot said, not detaching the latter from him yet. “I’m really tired.”

 

“I know I know. And a caramel latte will – “

 

The ringtone of Chanyeol’s phone is always a painful sword that slays every single way Baekhyun could use to get into his fiancé’s soft heart again.

 

“I’m sorry, Baek.” Chanyeol quickly murmured.

 

Baekhyun almost snorted. “You don’t mean it.” he whispered so lowly.

 

But that apparently didn’t go unheard, because Chanyeol turned around to look at him, with this purely confused face. “Huh?”

 

And as usual, Baekhyun will cast this wide beautiful smile at his fiancé as he put a hand on the latter’s shoulder. “Go, handsome! Beat their asses!”

 

No matter how cold Chanyeol had turned out to be after months of working as an important person in the company, he would always melt down when Baekhyun give him that smile and throw a funny remark. So he replied with a grin, and he doesn’t forget to kiss the top of the petite one’s head.

 

“Bye.” Chanyeol briefed, grabbing his coat and cellphone on the coffee table. “And Baek?”

 

“Yep?”

 

“No poodle.”

 

“Yeah yeah.”

 

Chanyeol thought he heard Baekhyun said something like ‘I love you’ as he closed the apartment door, but his mind is already busy checking the calls to actually comprehend it and think of what he should do about it; like, as example, at least reply it with the same sentence.

 

 

 

‘1. Let him keep the puppy because no matter how he loves me, he still needs a friend when I’m not around. I hate puppies, but I can’t hate something that will make Baekhyun happy.’

 

________

 

 

“Yeol, can you put this star on the top of the tree?”

 

Silence.

 

“Yeol?”

 

Another silence.

 

“Ye – “

 

“Baek, I’m busy.”

 

Baekhyun tried so hard not to sigh loudly, because that will upset Chanyeol, and an angry Chanyeol means a cold Chanyeol, and a cold Chanyeol is not the Chanyeol he wants to be around with. So he pressed his lips into a thin straight line, and walks across the room to grab a chair from the dining room. He came back again and put it in front of the Christmas tree.

 

It’s always a glee to decorate a Christmas tree, at least for Baekhyun. He always did it ever since he knew how to do it. When he was still a kid, he’d do it with his parents and his brother. When he was in high school, he’d do it in his dorm with his roommates Kyungsoo and Joonmyun. And ever since college days, after he moved into a condominium, Baekhyun will do it with Chanyeol.

 

And ever since, well, last year, he’d do it all alone.

 

It’s fine, Baekhyun brought a fist in the air, it’s fine. He chanted it all over again as he climbed up on the chair and tiptoes to put the golden star at the top of his masterpiece. He grinned sheepishly, adoring the tree from the sight level. Magnifico!

 

But the magnifico feel vanished as soon as he lost his balance and fell hard on the parquet floor instead.

 

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol immediately gets up and rushed to his side. “What the hell??”

 

“I flew to the ground.” Baekhyun said with this thick layer of sarcasm, and that successfully made Chanyeol think twice to scold him.

 

“Just be careful. Why were you on that chair? Why didn’t you ask for my help?”

 

“Hello?? I did ask you but you said you’re busy!” Baekhyun shrieked as he gets up, massaging his angrily hurting .

 

Chanyeol blinked at his fiancé. “I… did?”

 

Baekhyun didn’t say anything, because he know if he open his mouth he’d go ballistic on Chanyeol, and he doesn’t want to put on a fight in such a perfect day with a perfect weather. So he keeps his mouth shut as he stood up, grabbing the chair in process and brings it across the room.

 

“Baek? Where are you going?”

 

“To get some tea.” Baekhyun replies flatly. “Why? You want something?”

 

“What do you m – “

 

“Like coffee or tea as well.”

 

Chanyeol then blinked, realizing that Baekhyun wasn’t talking back at him, so he asked for a cup of tea too.

 

Well, Baekhyun was talking back.

 

 

 

‘2. Buy a larger Christmas tree and decorate it with him. And never ever let him get up on the chair again. I’ll do the top parts of the tree instead. I’ll be there every Christmas with him to do it.’

 

________

 

 

“When the rain is blowing in your face,

 

“Yes, that’s what I said to Mr. Cho this morning. I explained to him that he doesn’t need to bet on half of his share in his own company just to win this one. Yeah, you know how careful I am, I already considered everything needed.”

 

“And the whole world is on your case,”

 

“So I checked on the financial reports of the company and then I made a quick scan of it. Not as effective as auditing, but I found what I needed for. What? Of course Mr. Cho know, he was the one who told me to. Yep, unbelievable. That’s the desperate Cho for you.”

 

I could offer you a warm embrace,”

 

“I also discussed it with Sehun, and he said I did right. He’s also in for the next deal we’ll be working in. Having Sehun around really helps, you know that.”

 

To make you feel my love.”

 

“No, I don’t need that one. I just need what I asked yesterday.”

 

When the evening shadows and –

 

“Minseok wait for a sec – Baekhyun can you cut it out?”

 

the stars – what?” Baekhyun blinks at the man not so far from him.

 

“The song. Thanks.” Chanyeol briefed.

 

Baekhyun frowned. “It was me singing.”

 

That made Chanyeol turned around to face him with this stern look. “You know I was talking on the phone, right?”

 

“I was already singing in this room when you walked in.” Baekhyun said casually, but his eyes are challenging the latter.

 

“Seriously, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked in annoyance.

 

Not answering it, Baekhyun stood up and walks away from the piano he was playing on, making his way towards the bedroom. “Air is all yours.” he said without looking back.

 

Chanyeol chose not to bring the argument further. He gets back to his cellphone. “Sorry, Minseok, for having to hear that. What? No, I haven’t been tough on Baekhyun. What do you mean I should be there for him often? I’m always there with him. Now can we get back to the previous discussion?”

 

Baekhyun began to cry over the words he overheard through the door. He suppresses his sob so Chanyeol won’t find out.

 

‘I’m always there with him’.

 

Yeah, with me, but not for me.

 

 

 

‘3. Let him sing anytime he want because his voice is really great. And maybe I’ll buy him a new piano. Anything, anything that will make him happy.’

 

________

 

 

It’s another busy morning for Chanyeol – he already received a call from his boss the moment he opened his eyes. So while the latter is busy in the bathroom, Baekhyun thought he could make things easier for him. He prepared a simple breakfast that Chanyeol could grab along without having to sit down, and the coat Chanyeol’s going to wear today. He used to do that for his fiancé, but majority of the times Chanyeol will pick another coat.

 

Let’s just hope that Chanyeol will wear his choice today.

 

“Yes, Mr. Cho, I’ll be right there by eight. Thank you.” Chanyeol finally put the cellphone away from him. He’s already dressed in his formal outfit.

 

“Good morning, Yeol!” Baekhyun chirped at him.

 

Chanyeol casted a smile. “Morning, Baek.”

 

Maybe it’s silly for him to feel so extremely pumped up just by Chanyeol replying his morning greeting, but Baekhyun is silly, so it’s kind of normal for him. He had expected Chanyeol to just nod because the latter’s too immersed in thinking about his job. So he’s kind of grateful when Chanyeol replied his greeting properly.

 

“I’ve prepared a sandwich for you. You could grab it along and eat it on your way to the office.” Baekhyun said as he fixed Chanyeol’s tie.

 

Chanyeol, typing something on his phone, nodded along. “Thanks, Baek. I’m so hungry.”

 

“Thankfully I made a lot.” Baekhyun grinned up at his fiancé. “Now go before you’re late.”

 

Replying the grin, Chanyeol immediately went to the wardrobe to pick some coat. Baekhyun was just about to tell him that he did it for him, but Chanyeol already opened the wardrobe and grab a coat without any second thought. He turned around and pecked the dumbfounded Baekhyun on the lips before he rushed out of the bedroom.

 

Baekhyun blinked at the coat hanging on the wardrobe door. Chanyeol didn’t even see it.

 

Well, there’s always another chance to try. Right…?

 

 

 

‘4. Wear any clothes he prepared for me, no matter if it doesn’t match or just looks ridiculous. I’ll wear anything he chose for me, because I know he did it with love.’

 

________

 

 

“Whoa, seriously??” Baekhyun gasped as he stared solely at the current page on the magazine he has been reading. “Oh God, so perfect!!”

 

“What’s so perfect?” Kyungsoo pipes in as he popped a cherry into his mouth, chewing it slowly.

 

Baekhyun showed him the picture in the magazine page. A special goodies box from his favorite brand. “I’m sooooo buying it!!”

 

“Then get your up and we’ll go now!” suddenly Kyungsoo gathered all his things and stood up.

 

Blinking, Baekhyun shifted his gaze between the magazine and his best friend. “Like, now?”

 

“Of course, dummy.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyeballs. “Come on, before that bastard gets home.”

 

Baekhyun frowned. “That ‘bastard’ you’re talking about is just so happened to be my fiancé, for your information.”

 

“He has been trapping you here like a prisoner!! What kind of bull is that?! Is this some kind of Azkaban??” Kyungsoo flails his arms on the air. “If Jongin do this to me I would’ve chopped his limbs.”

 

“I’m fine, seriously.” Baekhyun said softly. “He worries all the time if he knows I’m not home. I can’t burden him with my stupidity, right? He already has so much in his hands.”

 

“Baekhyun, don’t you feel like a pet dog here? Locked up, only waiting for his master to come home. And believe me, if I said that, I really meant it; you really look like a pet dog being locked in here.”

 

“Funny.” Baekhyun snorted. “And Chanyeol doesn’t want any pet dog around.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed so heavily at his best friend. “I’m truly sorry for you, Baekhyun.” he whispered. “I never thought he’d turn to be some heartless workaholic. Seriously, he was that sweet funny and cheesy guy back in college days.”

 

“People change for the better, Kyungsoo. Maybe it’s his process of changing for the better. Maybe next year he’ll be back the way he used to be. Who knows?” Baekhyun said, majorly to himself.

 

“You, my friend,” Kyungsoo stared at him, “are too kindhearted. If I were you, I would’ve packed all my things up and leave.”

 

“I can’t ever do that!” Baekhyun shrieks. “Chanyeol needs me.”

 

“Chanyeol needs his cellphone more.”

 

“… well, still, he needs me!”

 

“Yeah, please yourself, sweetheart.”

 

In the end, Baekhyun never have the chance to buy the goodies box.

 

 

 

‘5. Buy that special Nature Republic goodies box for him. I don’t even understand why he needs them because he’s already beautiful without any cream and stuffs. But if it’s what he wants, I’ll buy hundreds of it.’

 

________

 

 

Back in college days, whenever Chanyeol aced in a test, Baekhyun will gladly bake him a pan of chocolate cookies. And not to mention, Baekhyun’s homemade chocolate cookie is the most delicious, that even Kyungsoo admit to be defeated by it even though he’s one of the top students in culinary school.

 

And if Chanyeol come home into their old shared apartment and find a jar of fresh made cookies is already on the coffee table, he will find Baekhyun first to lift the petite guy in the air and brags about his test result, before he put Baekhyun down and pull him across the room to eat the cookie together. And before he could open the jar, Baekhyun will kiss him on the tip of his nose and decided that movie matches perfectly with cookies. So they’ll spend the night watching a movie and floor stained with cookie crumbs.

 

Today is an occasion for Baekhyun to bake some cookies for Chanyeol again. The latter had won the big deal he was working on for weeks – weirdly Minseok was the one who called him to tell him that. So he told one of Chanyeol’s available drivers to go and buy the ingredients, and when he already had them, he started to make the dough and repeatedly sneaked some chocolate chip into his mouth.

 

Around five minutes before Chanyeol gets home, the jar full of chocolate cookies is already placed on the coffee table in the living room. He chose to spend the five minutes with cleaning the kitchen – he never has the heart to burden the maid that comes every morning.

 

But when he had finished everything, he realized that it’s already twenty minutes past Chanyeol’s home time.

 

Maybe the traffic jam, he whispered inside.

 

He had done everything he could think of to distract his thoughts from how Chanyeol is not home yet even after two hours later, but his eyes will just glance at the cookie jar, and he will sigh heavily. Chanyeol barely forget to inform him if he’s going to be late.

 

However, it’s all answered when Baekhyun opened his eyes and found himself laying on the couch. He woke up by the sound of the door being opened and the clank of shoes echoes through the spacious room. He eyed the clock on the wall. 00.52 AM.

 

Maybe Chanyeol had expected Baekhyun to be asleep by the time he gets home, because he’s surprised to see his petite fiancé is still on the couch.

 

“Baek? You’re still up?” Chanyeol asked quietly.

 

“You didn’t tell me you’re going to be late. I was worried, so I can’t sleep properly on the bed.” Baekhyun said. “Where have you been, Yeol? You could’ve told me, you know.”

 

Judging by Baekhyun’s calm demeanor, Chanyeol quietly sighed in relief. He doesn’t want any argument tonight. “Sorry, I forgot to tell you. I was having dinner with my colleagues, you know, because of the whole big deal thing we won.”

 

Baekhyun smiled sincerely at his tall fiancé. “Congratulations, Yeol!”

 

“Thanks, beautiful.” Chanyeol smiled too before he kissed the top of Baekhyun’s head. “Come on, let’s sleep.”

 

“Oh, I made chocolate cookies for you!” Baekhyun said happily despite his hoarse voice from waking up.

 

Chanyeol eyed the cookie jar. “Oh, I’ll eat it later.”

 

Baekhyun had expected him to say something like ‘Really?? Whoa that’s awesome, I’m so eating it later!!’, just like how Chanyeol will do back in college days. So he’s kind of disappointed to see Chanyeol’s reaction. But he doesn’t want to ruin any moment, so he nodded along and followed his fiancé into their bedroom.

 

The cookies are left unnoticed for the next couple days that Baekhyun has to halfheartedly give it to the part-timer maid.

 

 

 

‘6. Eat every cookie he made for me because they’re very delicious, and because Baekhyun made it for me with love. Because he really cares about my life that sometimes I don’t even understand why he’s such an angel. Because no one cares about me like Baekhyun does.’

 

________

 

 

Yoojung, i’m hoping that you’ll listen to me for a while.”

 

“Oh my, Chaeryung, what are you doing?! People are looking at us!!”

 

“Let them be.”

 

“Yah, Moon Chaeryung!!”

 

“Han Yoojung, I know I’m not the best man in the world. I have flaws and sometimes I show them to you a lot. But believe me, that I really love you with all my heart. I love you so much that I’m sure; you’re the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. So, Han Yoojung, will you marry me?”

 

“C-Chaeryung, I – yes!! Yes, I’ll marry you!!”

 

“Baekhyunnie? You’re drooling.”

 

Realizing that he’s indeed drooling, Baekhyun unconsciously brought the back of his hand against the corner of his lips and wiped the drool stain on it. He then glanced at Luhan, who’s looking at him in amusement.

 

“Did I look stupid?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Oh yes you did.” Sehun – standing behind his spouse – added.

 

“Hun!!” Luhan looked up in annoyance at his spouse – the latter just laughed before he also took a seat on the couch. Luhan turned at Baekhyun again. “Don’t listen to him.”

 

“It was… romantic, right, Luhan?” Baekhyun asked, his eyes never left the TV screen.

 

Sehun scrunched his nose. “Baekhyun hyung, it’s just a movie. People don’t propose like that in real life.”

 

“But you proposed to Luhan in the middle of roses in the garden – “

 

“Which belongs to my mom.” Sehun rolled his eyeballs. “Seriously, you don’t just stop walking on the street and propose your lover.”

 

“But it’s kind of romantic too!” Luhan finally commented. “Sehun was just being sentimental, Baekhyunnie, don’t worry.”

 

Baekhyun nodded slowly before he rested his back against the couch. “I wonder when will Chanyeol propose to me.” he said softly. “It’s six years already.”

 

“It’s only six years, hyung. Other people wait for twelve to propose.”

 

“But you married Luhan only after eight months of dating, and look now, after five years you guys are still inseparable!”

 

“Because I know Luhan is my soul mate.” Sehun says casually despite how cheesy his words are. He slung an arm over Luhan’s petite frame. “Even if we have to part someday, I’ll always believe that he’s my soul mate.”

 

Baekhyun stares at them with weary eyes. “You guys are so perfect.”

 

“Oww, Baekhyunnie!” Luhan immediately detached himself from Sehun and pull his poor best friend into his embrace.

 

“I, just,” Baekhyun whispered against Luhan’s shoulder, “you guys are already married since long ago, Joonmyun and Yixing are already adopting their second child, Yifan and Zitao are in Brazil for their third honeymoon, , Kyungsoo and Jongin will also be married in two months, and here I am, still wondering if I’m still exist in front of him.”

 

Luhan chose not to say a thing for a while. He had been told by Kyungsoo about Baekhyun’s problems with Chanyeol. But unlike Kyungsoo who chose to step into the problem because he just can’t stand Baekhyun’s suffering anymore, Luhan chose to just keep his mouth shut from interfering too much. Every couple has their own problems, and he just think that he has no right to meddle in it. Although his heart also hurt by how Chanyeol has been treating Baekhyun.

 

“Hyung, look at the bright side,” Sehun put an attempt to brighten up the mood, “Jongdae hyung and Minseok hyung are still in chasing stage. You know they’re oblivious with their own feelings.”

 

That made Baekhyun chuckled. “I wonder when will they admit their feelings to each other.”

 

“The point is, Baekhyunnie,” Luhan cupped both the sides of Baekhyun’s face, “as long as you still have the faith on him, you have to keep it on, okay?”

 

“But one day I’ll be tired by it, right?” Baekhyun whispered.

 

Luhan blinked at him before his eyes softened. “One day you will.” he said. “But let’s just hope that ‘day’ will come in a very long time, or never at all. Do you agree?”

 

Baekhyun could only nod.

 

 

 

‘7. Propose him in the way he wants, even if it means I have to do it based on that sappy romance movie. And I will not be embarrassed with it, because I will never be embarrassed when it comes to confirming my love for Baekhyun.’

 

________

 

 

Straight line here – eh, eh? Ah, It’s a bit curvy.

 

Let’s add a bit more brown here. Hm, or maybe yellow? Nah, dark brown it is.

 

Come on Baekkie, it’s the last part and you’re done – okay done!!

 

Baekhyun grinned widely at his own masterpiece. He wiped the sweat trailing on his temple, not caring if his hand is already smudged in the mixture of brown and white coloring paint. Ignoring the chemical scent from the drying liquid on the canvas, he smiled sheepishly.

 

He had spent around three hours sitting on the chair, pouring all his imagination on the white canvas. Well, not entirely his imagination, because right on the top of the canvas is a picture of him and Chanyeol, way back in their college days. It was around their second year, and the picture is colorful – they took it in Jongin’s birthday party. But he copied it on the white canvas with only the mixture of brown, white, and some of yellow. He only painted both of them.

 

His sheepish smile turned into a wary one. Back then, his relationship with Chanyeol was so epic, so fascinating. He could sing the whole Taylor Swift’s Red because he could actually relate it with his own life. Loving Chanyeol was red, like the bright colors of autumn. Touching Chanyeol was like realizing that what he ever wanted was right there in front of him – Chanyeol is what he always wanted. Memorizing Chanyeol is easy, as how he knows all the words to Girls’ Generation’s Gee.

 

He even smiled to the bad memories of them. Of course they’re not always rainbows and cupcakes – Luhan and Sehun even had more fights than them but apparently that only made the couple stronger. Fighting with Chanyeol was like trying to solve a question, and then realize there’s no right answer for it. Missing Chanyeol was dark grey all along.

 

 And now he had painted their picture on a canvas, he hopes that even if they’re not in their best relationship for now, at least he has one thing to hold on. One thing to remind him that they were once so happy, so full of emotions, so red. One thing to remind him that if they were once like that, then they could also be like that again one day. One thing to remind him that he still need to put on a faith.

 

Because he doesn’t want to let go of Chanyeol, no matter how it hurts to stay, because it hurts him more to leave. Losing Chanyeol will be like blue, deep, dark blue, like he’d never known. Forgetting Chanyeol will be like trying to know somebody he never met – he will never be able to forget him. Regretting Chanyeol, it will be like wishing that he had never found out that love could be so strong, too strong that it comes to the point where it become painful.

 

God, Baekhyun whispered inside as his slender index finger traced the outline of Chanyeol’s face on the canvas, please bring my Chanyeol back. The Chanyeol I’m living with now, I barely know who he is.

 

He closed his eyes, letting the tears to fall. Chanyeol is not around, so he’s free to cry his heart out.

 

After he’s done with self-pitying, he stood up and picked up the canvas. He walked towards the corner of the room, where a shelf stood tall, filled with all of his paintings. He put the new one on an empty spot neatly. Another new addition for his self-painted masterpieces. He actually want to hang some of them on the wall, but Chanyeol forbids him from doing so. Still eyeing his paintings, he walked towards the door.

 

Sighing, he closed the door of his creative room. Chanyeol will be home in two hours, thus he has to clean up himself and prepare some food.

 

Or, well, Chanyeol is supposed to be home in two hours, and he just hoped he wll.

 

 

 

‘8. Put every painting he made on our apartment wall and even in mom’s house. Even if the painting doesn’t match with the room, I’ll still hang it up. Baekhyun will go furious if I do so, but I know he will be happy in the end, looking at his own paintings everywhere.’

 

________

 

 

“Do you remember how we used to go on a bicycle date?”

 

“Hm.”

 

“It was fun, seriously.”

 

“Yep.”

 

Baekhyun lazily stares at the window, where the moon shines through the darkness in their bedroom. He could feel Chanyeol’s heartbeat along with the skin of Chanyeol’s chest against his . The soft rhythm of Chanyeol’s breathing and the warmth that protects him almost lulled him to sleep.

 

But he doesn’t want to fall asleep yet. Chanyeol is finally here with him for the entire night, and even properly made love to him after such a long time. He smiled, knowing that his try of keeping his faith is finally paid. Well, not really finally. But Chanyeol is slowly coming back to him. So he doesn’t want to fall asleep yet. He still wants to feel the magic.

 

“You know, I watched this movie,” Baekhyun said, “a very cheesy movie. The main guy rides his bicycle all along with a bouquet of flower in his hand, right to the main girl’s house.”

 

“It’s ‘The Story of Anna and Sam’.” Chanyeol’s voice buzzed through his skin. “We watched it together, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun frowned slightly. “Really?”

 

“What’s with you and your forgetfulness these couple days?” Chanyeol chuckled, kissing the bare skin on Baekhyun’s shoulder. The latter scents like him. “You possibly don’t have Alzheimer, right?”

 

“You meanie.” Baekhyun pouted.

 

Chanyeol just laughed.

 

“Yeol,” Baekhyun said before he yawned, “what do you think of bicycle date again?”

 

“We don’t do that anymore, Baek. It was in our college days.” Chanyeol said. “We’re grownups now.”

 

Sighing quietly, Baekhyun nodded. “I still think it will be fun.”

 

“Well, then, I’ll see if I have the chance this Saturday.” Chanyeol’s strong arm pulled Baekhyun closer into his embrace. “It sounds nice, healing fresh air at the side of Han river.”

 

Feeling excited out of sudden, Baekhyun nodded before he finally let his eyes to close and take off to the dream land, where Chanyeol is the sweet and cheesy guy who brings him flower everyday. Just like their college days.

 

Even a month after the conversation, Chanyeol never mentioned about the bicycle date anymore, and Baekhyun chose not to start any unwanted talk.

 

 

 

‘9. Go on a bicycle date with him and bring flowers along to . I know he likes it, it was written on his eyes when he watched the movie.’

 

________

 

 

“Chanyeol, my head hurts.”

 

If it’s just another usual day, Baekhyun will definitely call him with his pet name, ‘Yeol’. Because Baekhyun actually hate formalities, and he said it’s tiring to call him by his full name – even if it’s just two characters to spell. Chanyeol know it, because Baekhyun is the only one who will call him ‘Yeol’, and the only one he give the permission to. Only Baekhyun alone.

 

But if Baekhyun calls him with his full name, it means that something is getting serious.

 

So Chanyeol immediately turned away from the document in his hand to glance at Baekhyun. “Your head hurts?”

 

Baekhyun nodded, his right hand is already on his head, massaging the aching spot. “It has been hurting since this morning.”

 

“It was already severe like this?”

 

“Well, when I woke up today it was just a light headache, but now I feel like punching someone.”

 

Chanyeol frowned. Okay, he’s obviously worried now. Baekhyun is not someone who will easily get any headache. Flu is still understandable, but he barely had headache in his life. And to see that Baekhyun is in a pretty great pain, it makes his heart beats quicker in worry.

 

“Do you want some aspirin, Baek?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Baekhyun blinked. “What is aspi – oh, aspirin,” he murmured, “does it taste bitter?”

 

“You have to drink it if you want the pain to fade away.”

 

“Nah, I’ll just – “ Baekhyun said as he drowns more onto the couch, “rest for a while.”

 

Eyeing the petite male once more, Chanyeol sighed softly. “If you say so.” he said before he gets back to the documents again.

 

Minutes and minutes passed with silence as Chanyeol knitted his eyebrows in concentrating along the document and the soft snore sound from Baekhyun echoes through the spacious room. It’s around four PM that suddenly Baekhyun’s eyes opened immediately.

 

“Oh no,” Baekhyun murmured as he tried to get up, “I should pick up the decorated mugs!”

 

That snatched Chanyeol’s attention again. “Decorated mugs?”

 

“I ordered it from my mom’s friend. I told the auntie I’m picking them up today at four.” Baekhyun stood up, almost losing his balance in process. “How I could totally forget it, urgh.”

 

“Do you really have to go?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Baekhyun sighed. “I already promised.”

 

Chanyeol thought that he should call the drivers, but then he remembered again that they’re used for his boss’ task. He could actually drive Baekhyun there, but he had planned to get the documents finished by seven in the evening so he could take Baekhyun to a proper dinner outside.

 

When he’s snapped out of his reverie, Baekhyun is already in a proper outfit to go out. And still, his right hand is massaging his head.

 

“Baek,” Chanyeol called.

 

Baekhyun only glanced at him.

 

“Be careful.”

 

Smiling, Baekhyun nodded before he gets out of the apartment.

 

Three minutes has passed. Baekhyun is probably on the lobby now. There’s this feeling tugging his heartstrings that made him stood up and leaned on the window. From that window he could see the street in front of the apartment building, the street Baekhyun has to cross so he could get to the bus stop.

 

He finally saw Baekhyun, slowly walking across the street. He sighed in relief as he kept an eye over his fiancé. But soon enough his heart start to race again when he saw Baekhyun crouching down, hand on his head. He can’t see it properly, but he know Baekhyun is in an unbearable pain.

 

Before he could do anything like catching up with Baekhyun, the sound of tires screeching against the asphalt already snatched his attention. And before he could process a thing, the white van is already an inch from his fiancé.

 

Chanyeol almost threw up over the scene he had witnessed.

 

 

 

‘10. Take care of him when he’s sick, even if it’s just a headache. Because it was also just a headache when I lost him forever. Even if it’s just a headache, or a light flu, I will stay with him at home and take care of him until he’s fully recovered. That way, I won’t lose him again.’

 

________________________________

 

 

Things I will do if Baekhyun come back to me:

 

 

 

“I’m going to name you, hm,” Baekhyun tapped his chin, “hmm… Egg!”

 

Chanyeol cringed. “Baek, seriously, can’t you think of more proper name?”

 

“Why? Egg sounds cute! His head looks like an egg.”

 

“Then why don’t you name him Egghead instead?”

 

Baekhyun blinks at his fiancé before he grinned widely. “You’re right!!” he squealed before he brings the toy poodle onto his chest and nuzzled his nose on the fluffy brown fur of its head. “Egghead! Your Daddy is really brilliant, right??”

 

“Whoa whoa, back up, what? I didn’t say I’d be his Dad when I said you could adopt him!”

 

“But Jongin calls his poodles as his children!” Baekhyun pouts. He envied Monggu, Jjanggu and Jjangah right now.

 

“Well then good luck on being a single Mom. I’m so not going to be his father.” Chanyeol cringed at the little innocent poodle before he stood up from the couch and went to the kitchen to grab some coke.

 

Baekhyun tried so hard not to let his giggle burst out. “Egghead, your Daddy is in his PMS days, so please bear with him.”

 

The poodle barks cutely at him.

 

1. Let him keep the puppy

 

 

 

“Yeol, this one!”

 

Chanyeol grab the shiny golden star from Baekhyun’s hand and put it on the trolley. He stared at the bunch of tree decorations down in the trolley he has been pushing around. Baekhyun is really excited when it comes to decorating a Christmas tree.

 

And not to mention that they have a pretty big one this year.

 

“Oh my, I’m soooo buying this!!” he squealed over the little golden deer on the shelf. “I’m going to buy one for Luhan too! He’s going to love it so much.”

 

“Baek, when we get home and decorate it, let me do the hanging for the upper parts, okay? Don’t get on a chair or something.”

 

Baekhyun blinks at him. “You’re going to do the decorating with me??”

 

“Uh, yes?” Chanyeol blinks back at him.

 

“But you said you have a meeting later.”

 

Chuckling, Chanyeol placed a quick peck on Baekhyun’s lips. “Helping my angel first, meeting can wait later.”

 

He swears Baekhyun glows after he said that.

 

2. Buy a larger Christmas tree and decorate it with him

 

 

 

I can make you happy, make your dreams come true,”

 

Chanyeol still stares at Baekhyun, who’s busy with feeling the song, his slender fingers dancing on the white and black keys.

 

Nothing that I wouldn’t do,”

 

When Baekhyun plays piano and sing, it feels like a big chunk of burden is being lifted from his heart.

 

Go to the ends of the earth for you,

 

He could feel a smile crept on his lips.

 

To make you feel my love…”

 

Then Baekhyun looks up to meet his gaze.

 

“To make you feel my… love…”

 

Chanyeol grinned at his petite fiancé before he catch the latter in a sweet, sweet, long yet wet kiss on the lips. Baekhyun’s fingers are not on the keys anymore; they’re circling around Chanyeol’s neck. The heat seeps through his veins.

 

When the petite male pulled away, Chanyeol frowned.

 

“This,” Baekhyun says in the middle of steadying his breath, “could continue there.”

 

He traced the direction where Baekhyun’s finger is pointing at, and then he grinned immediately. So he scooped Baekhyun into his arms and lifted his fiancé like how a Prince will do for his Princess. Clothes are left deserted on the floor, voices of desperate ‘hurry’s and ‘I love you’s follow afterwards.

 

By the next morning, Baekhyun literally screamed when he found there are two pianos – one is the black old one while the other one is the white new one – in the living room.

 

3. Let him sing anytime he want – and maybe buy him a new piano

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s shoulder slumped down as he saw Chanyeol coming out from the bedroom. “Oh my, I picked that for you.”

 

“Uhm, yes?” Chanyeol said.

 

“But it doesn’t really match.” Baekhyun frowns.

 

“Who cares?” Chanyeol kissed the top of his fiance’s head. “As long as you’re the one who picked it up for me.”

 

“I promise to you I’ll read fashion magazine more frequently. Or at least ask Zitao how he arranges Yifan’s outfit everyday.” Baekhyun said as he poured the orange juice into Chanyeol’s glass. “Seriously, Yeol, I can’t embarrass you.”

 

“You’re so cute, Angel Baek.” Chanyeol cooed before he glanced at the tiny poodle next to his seat. “What do you say, Egghead? Mommy is very cute, right? Yeah, Daddy thinks so.”

 

Baekhyun almost did a back flip after he heard the last words.

 

4. Wear any clothes he prepared for me

 

 

 

Impossible.

 

Baekhyun stares at the white box in front of him again.

 

Impossible.

 

He reads the words written on the box. ‘Nature Republic’. He opened it, and there he found the products he has been dying for.

 

Impossible!!!

 

“Like it?” suddenly Chanyeol’s voice boomed from his side.

 

Baekhyun blinks at him. “You ordered it for me??”

 

“I went to the shop myself to buy it for you.” Chanyeol grinned. “Well, I asked Kyungsoo to come with me because I honestly don’t know which one you were squealing on yesterday.”

 

Baekhyun glanced at the products again, and then at his fiancé. “Is this real??”

 

“You want me to pinch you hard so you could be sure?”

 

“Park Chanyeol you’re the best!!!”

 

5. Buy that special Nature Republic goodies box for him

 

 

 

“You should’ve seen Mr. Cho’s face when I told him we got the deal,” Chanyeol said, cookie crumbs smeared on his lips, “he was like, well, like you when I gave you the Nature Republic box.”

 

Baekhyun giggled before he stuffed another chocolate cookie into Chanyeol’s mouth. “It must’ve been epic, then.” he cooed. “But hey, aren’t you guys supposed to be having some kind of dinner? To celebrate the big deal, something like that.”

 

“Well, they’re in company’s hotel now for the dinner.” Chanyeol said casually as he continues to struggle with Candy Crush in his phone.

 

“What?” Baekhyun frowned. “Then why are you here??”

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “It’s just a dinner.”

 

“But it’s a celebration dinner.” Baekhyun said. “And I know how much you love hanging out with Yifan and Minseok.”

 

“Angel, I want to be with you instead.” Chanyeol said before he flashes a boyish smile at his fiancé. “Our promise, remember? Share happy things together, fight sad things together.”

 

Baekhyun was about to retort back about how Chanyeol needs to put his own self on the priority list sometimes when he felt the latter’s lips being pressed gently against his. His eyes fluttered close, and the he fell into the synchronization.

 

The kiss tastes like chocolate chips, butter, and well, love.

 

6. Eat every cookie he made for me

 

 

 

“Chanyeol? Why are we walking?” Baekhyun said. “Not that I don’t want to walk, but you know, you’re being weird today.”

 

Chanyeol had waked him up this morning, telling him that he should get ready in fifteen minutes. Then his fiancé dragged him out of their apartment and dashes through the main street. He thought they’re going to the mall, but turns out Chanyeol parked the car around fifty meters from the park in front of the mall building and walk instead.

 

And how his fiancé keeps grinning doesn’t help him to understand at all. “Be patient, Angel Baek.” Chanyeol said. “You’ll see eventually.”

 

So Baekhyun just agreed with his tall fiancé. He didn’t even ask further when they stopped right in front of the mall, where pedestrians are passing by, creating a noisy yet neat crowd. Baekhyun didn’t ask anything when Chanyeol turned around to face him with that determined eyes and a meaningful smile. He only stared at the latter.

 

However, his eyes widened when Chanyeol bent down on his right knee.

 

“Park Chanyeol, what are you doing??” Baekhyun almost shrieked.

 

“Ssh, Angel Baek,” Chanyeol cooed as he fished out a tiny box from the pocket of his jacket and opened it, revealing two matching rings, “let me do what I’ve planned the entire week, okay?”

 

“What?? What??”

 

“Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol started off, “I know I’m not the best man in the world. I have flaws and sometimes I show them to you a lot. But believe me, that I really love you with all my heart. I love you so much that I’m sure; you’re the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.”

 

Baekhyun’s lips parted like a dying fish. He glanced up to see a few of people are watching both of them; they’re staring at them in amusement and adoration. Some even took the liberty to film them.

 

“And lastly, I know I copied the line from that sappy romance movie you watched with Kyungsoo last week. But I used it because I know you love the scene so much.” Chanyeol lets out an exaggerated sigh. Baekhyun could hear some of young girls squealed over his fiancé’s manliness.

 

“Y-you know the movie??” Baekhyun managed to say.

 

Chanyeol grinned boyishly. “Of course, Angel, me and Jongin were watching you guys from the mini bar at the kitchen – well, Jongin fell asleep. Anyway,” he said, gesturing the box of rings towards his petite fiancé, “so, Byun Baekhyun, will you marry me?”

 

Will you marry me?

 

Baekhyun could feel his eyes are burning from so many emotions.

 

Will you marry me?

 

“Just accept it, pretty boy!” a lady said.

 

“Yeah, pretty oppa,” a young girl added, “or I will marry that handsome oppa instead!”

 

Laughing along with the mini crowd, Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at Baekhyun, as if he’s saying ‘so?’.

 

Finally Baekhyun gathered his words. “Yes,” he whispered, before he speaks louder, “yes, Park Chanyeol, yes!”

 

The scene ended up with a lot of applause from the mini crowd and Chanyeol carrying Baekhyun in bridal style back to the car.

 

7. Propose him in the way he wants

 

 

 

Chanyeol almost laughed when he heard Baekhyun screamed.

 

“PARK CHANYEOL!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ALL ABOUT???”

 

“What, Angel?” Chanyeol said teasingly as he shows himself in front of his spouse. He finally laughed when he sees how furious the petite man’s face looks.

 

“Why the hell did you hang all my paintings on the wall??” Baekhyun flails his arms on the air. “Oh God please don’t tell me you used a lot of nails at the walls!!”

 

“Uh,” Chanyeol blinked, “I actually did, you know, to hang the painting.”

 

“Are you trying to destruct our apartment, Park Chanyeol??” Baekhyun shrieks.

 

Staring at his favorite from Baekhyun’s paintings, Chanyeol grinned. “I could just call one of my art collector friends to see these.”

 

“Yeol, you’re making our apartment looks so stuffed! A lot of them don’t even match with our room!”

 

“But Baek,” Chanyeol said softly, “they deserve more appreciation than to be kept in the creative room.”

 

Baekhyun sighed heavily. “But at least I have to take down some of them so our living room can look decent again.”

 

Chanyeol hummed as he nodded. “You’re right, some of them don’t match with the wall.” he said. Then he glanced at his spouse. “But be honest, how do you feel to be surrounded with your paintings?”

 

He could already point out the pink blushes on Baekhyun’s cheeks. “I feel shy.”

 

“Nah, you feel happy.”

 

“Yeah that’s why I’m shy.” Baekhyun rolled his eyeballs. “Promise me you’ll take some of them down, seriously, Yeol!”

 

“Okay okay. But that one is totally a keep.” Chanyeol pointed at the painting of him and Baekhyun.

 

After placing a sweet kiss on the top of his spouse’s head, Chanyeol strides towards the kitchen to get some water. He turned around, and he can’t help but to chuckle when he saw Baekhyun smiling brightly towards his paintings on the wall.

 

8. Put every painting he made on our apartment wall

 

 

 

It’s Saturday morning, the air is cold yet so fresh, and Chanyeol found himself trailing behind Baekhyun at the side of the Han River. They’re riding bicycles; or as what Baekhyun would call as ‘bicycle date’. They done it a lot back in college days and Chanyeol can’t help but to frown at why did they stop doing it. Baekhyun is right, it’s fun.

 

He finally matched his speed with Baekhyun and stays by his spouse’s side. Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol is already next to him, and he grinned.

 

“So this was how Sam felt when he went to Anna’s house!” Baekhyun laughs.

 

Chanyeol laughed along as he eyed the flowers in Baekhyun’s grip. He remembers how wide Baekhyun’s eyes were when he handed him the flower bouquet around fifteen minutes ago.

 

It amazes him, how after all these time, Baekhyun could still make him see new things. Like this moment. Baekhyun made him see that even a cheesy thing can be so meaningful if you do it with the one you love so much. Maybe they stopped doing it once because they were growing up to adults. But now he realized that simple things like this are the things that glued them together into a perfect friction. Simple yet sweet things like this made their love stronger.

 

9. Go on a bicycle date with him and bring flowers along

 

 

 

“Chanyeol, my head hurts.”

 

If it’s just another usual day, Baekhyun will definitely call him with his pet name, ‘Yeol’. Because Baekhyun actually hate formalities, and he said it’s tiring to call him by his full name – even if it’s just two characters to spell. Chanyeol know it, because Baekhyun is the only one who will call him ‘Yeol’, and the only one he give the permission to. Only Baekhyun alone.

 

But if Baekhyun calls him with his full name, it means that something is getting serious.

 

So Chanyeol immediately turned away from the document in his hand to glance at Baekhyun. “Your head hurts?”

 

Baekhyun nodded, his right hand is already on his head, massaging the aching spot. “It has been hurting since this morning.”

 

“It was already severe like this?”

 

“Well, when I woke up today it was just a light headache, but now I feel like punching someone.”

 

Chanyeol frowned. Okay, he’s obviously worried now. Baekhyun is not someone who will easily get any headache. Flu is still understandable, but he barely had headache in his life. And to see that Baekhyun is in a pretty great pain, it makes his heart beats quicker in worry.

 

“Wait here, I’m getting some aspirin for you.” Chanyeol said as he stood up. “No, go to the bedroom instead. I’ll get the aspirin for you.”

 

Baekhyun frowned. “What is aspi – oh, that. Does it taste bitter?”

 

“Yes, but you need to drink it if you want the pain to fade away.”

 

“I hate bitter things.”

 

“Because you’re too sweet.” Chanyeol teased. “Go the bedroom now, Baek.”

 

“No.” Baekhyun said as he slumped into the couch. “I want to accompany you here.”

 

“I won’t touch them until I’m sure you’re rested.”

 

Baekhyun eyed his spouse. “Chanyeol, you said it’s an important document.”

 

“But Baek – “

 

“Just get me that aspiron first, please.”

 

Chanyeol laughed. “It’s aspirin, Angel.” he said. “Wait here.”

 

When Chanyeol got back with a glass of water and aspirin, Baekhyun sighed heavily. “What’s up, Angel?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I just remembered, I have to pick up the decorated mugs I ordered from mom’s friend.” Baekhyun sighed again. “I need to get there at four.”

 

Chanyeol frowned. “No, you can’t go.”

 

“But I already promised.”

 

“Still. You’re sick, Baek. You don’t usually get headaches, so it must be pretty serious. You have to stay home.”

 

Nodding slowly, Baekhyun pouted. “Yeah.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled as he ruffled Baekhyun’s head. “I’ll drive you there tomorrow, okay?”

 

They spent the evening with Baekhyun resting on Chanyeol’s lap.

 

10. Take care of him when he’s sick

 

 

‘I stop the time and go back to you’

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

In case if you don’t notice yet (or maybe it’s just me being delusional pfft)

 

1. Let him keep the puppy

It’s inspired from Kai’s adorable scene with the little puppy. Seriously, I drooled over the puppy more.

 

2. Buy a larger Christmas tree and decorate it with him

It’s from Xiumin’s scene with the Christmas tree. Gosh he was so cute in the BTS cut.

 

3. Let him sing anytime he want – and maybe buy him a new piano

It’s from Lay’s scene with the keyboard mixed with Baekhyun’s scene with the cool piano. And can I tell you that I really love how Lay plays piano? Seriously.

 

4. Wear any clothes he prepared for me

It’s inspired by Tao’s scene with the black-grey jacket. Oh my, Tao really cried in the MV, even in the BTS cut they praised him so much!

 

5. Buy that special Nature Republic goodies box for him

Of course it’s inspired from Luhan’s scene with the Nature Republic box. Seriously, they use every chance to do the promotion.

 

6. Eat every cookie he made for me

It’s actually from D.O.’s scene with the cake, but I just think cookie suits Baekhyun more.

 

7. Propose him in the way he wants

It’s from Chanyeol’s scene with the rings at some kind of alley. But I want it to be cheesy, so a park it is.

 

8. Put every painting he made on our apartment wall

It’s from Kris’ scene where he stared so sadly at a painting canvas. And I could bet that everyone can’t take the MV seriously because of Kris-canvas thing. I literally laughed when the scene appeared.

 

9. Go on a bicycle date with him and bring flowers along

It’s actually inspired from Sehun’s scene with the bicycle and the flowers. I was thinking, “Why the heck did he strolls on a park with bicycle, sniffing flowers? I can’t apply that to a story!” So I improvised a bit.

 

10. Take care of him when he’s sick

It’s actually inspired from Suho’s scene in the living room or some sort, staring through the window. Again, I improvised.