A Shared Dream [KISSmeSooVin598]

U-KISS One Shots
______'s P.O.V.
 
"Eh, you're not kidding me, right Sir?!" I asked my music teacher, Mr. Kim in disbelief.
 
"I'm so sorry, _____. I should be accompanying you with your piano rehearsal for the student performing arts festival in two weeks, but the school wanted me to attend a counselling session for the next curriculum," he said as I frowned. Why does my favorite teacher who always helps me to find the melodies of my favorite songs have to attend two weeks of counselling in this kind of situation?
 
"So I asked one of my best students, beside you, to accompany you until the festival. Oh, there you are Hoon. Come here," Mr. Kim added as he called someone behind me. 
 
My eyes widened in shock. 'Did he just say... HOON?!' And my question was answered as soon as I saw the guy that Mr. Kim called earlier. 
The teacher then cleared his throat as he continued, "Hoon, this is my other student that you will have to accompany until I come back." 
 
We spontaneously looked at each other. The familiar face in front of me made me realise that the guy in front of me was my childhood friend and also my one and only rival.
 
"WHAT?! Why do I  have to be accompanied by HIM?" I exclaimed as I pointed at Hoon.
 
"Actually, the real question is why do I have to accompany a girl who just humiliated me with her pointing?" Hoon exclaimed back making me stare at him in disbelief. 
 
We continued our duel of words against each other until Mr. Kim interrupted us.
 
"Okay, my students. Stop this argument this instance." Both of us abruptly shut our mouths as our teacher chuckled.
"Why are both of you like a newlywed couple?" He asked as he held his chuckle making me blush.
 
"Aniyo, we're not couples," both of us said simultaneously as Mr. Kim smiled.
 
"Oh well then, both of you can start your rehearsal after school today. And Hoon, after this can you come to my office? I want to give you the music sheets for ______'s play," he added as Hoon nodded. 
 
As he walked away, both of us continued our fight again.
 
"Hey, come on Hoon. It's just pointing..." I reasoned. 
 
"Well, what you said hurt me," he argued as I sighed. 
 
"Fine, I'm sorry," I said as I felt a hand ruffling my hair.
 
"Hey..." I looked at Hoon's face as he chuckled. "Your annoyed face is always cute, just like when we were still in kindergarten," he said as he held his chuckle when I hit his arm.
 
"Stop it..." I whined as I felt my cheeks turn pink again.
 
"Fine. Anyway, let's meet up in front of the music room after school, okay?" Hoon asked as I nodded and smiled. "See you then, princess," he said as he walked to his next class. 
 
I blushed even more when I heard him call me with the nickname that he gave me. Can I survive with my first love accompanying me for these two weeks?
 

 
After school...
 
"Sorry, I'm late," I said, gasping for air.
 
"It's okay. Take a deep breath," Hoon said as I obeyed. "Let's start the rehearsal, shall we?" He said as he opened the music room. 
 
The room was kind of large with a piano in the corner near the one-meter-high stage. As I sat on the piano chair, Hoon came carrying a stool in his hand as he put it near me.
 
"Here's the music sheets," he said as he gave me the sheets, I then arranged it. As it was done, I started playing the first song, which is Haru Haru by Big Bang.
 
"Nice play," Hoon complimented me as I smiled. "But..."
 
"But?"
 
"There's a little fault here," he said as he played the wrong part on the piano. 
 
My mouth made an 'o' shape as he explained to me how it supposed to be played. "I get it," I said as he let me play that part again. But I always failed at that part, which kind of confused me.
 
"Ah, I know why. Your hand is too small, that's why you can't press the far away notes," Hoon said as he sat next to me to find the similiar notes that I can press.
 
"Ha, found it."
 
"Really?" I asked in disbelief as he nodded happily. 
 
He then took my right hand and as he put his own hands on mine, he guided me to the notes that he found. The slight warmth that was running from his hand to mine made me blush, making it hard for me to concentrate on the notes he gave me.
 
"Ne, ______...."A sweet voice called me out of my daydream as I jumped in my seat.
 
"Yeah?" I looked at him. 
 
"You really didn't pay attention, did you?" Hoon asked as he held his laugh. I pouted instantly as he stopped laughing. "Sorry, princess," he whined as he did his aegyo. 
 
Then out of my control, my hand practically touched his face. "Kevin did a better aegyo than you, oppa," I said in a flat tone.
 
"So why did you blush?" He asked as I froze in place. 
 
He held my hand which was just touching his face and squeezed it lightly, making me blush even more. Then as he put my hand on the piano keys...
 
"Let's continue our rehearsal," he said as I gave a shocked expression. 'Wait, don't say that I want him more than just friends,' my mind was spinning with that thought in my head. But I shrugged it off as I continued rehearsing.
 

 
After that day, we always spent our time after school rehearsing. Every rehearsal, Hoon always accompanied me and sometimes played some of his band's songs for me during break time.
 
Today is Tuesday so it's only four days left before the festival. We were rehearsing my song when Hoon decided to play another song for me.
 
"_______, do you remember this song? I sang this song when you moved to America for a while," he said as he played the intro of the song.
 
~A Shared Dream~
 
One day I dream I could fly
I was stuck boy and I still remain unchanged
Even now as an adult
The feelings I have are still close to how they were
 
Becoming slightly uneasy
I was depressed
When you’re always watching with your smiling gaze
I’d just standing and sing
 
I’m here, and you can hear me
Even when you are far away
As long as you wish my voice will deliver to you from underground
Shining brightly, bathed in light
 
I was amazed at his improved voice as I had a flashback.
 
'_______, promise me that someday we can play the piano together and I promise you, I will be the first boy who says 'I love you' to you.'
 
I still remember that promise entirely. It was a 19 year old Hoon who said that. At that time, I thought what he said was just a joke, but now... I can't wait until he fulfils his promise.
 
"I remembered when I sang that for you and made a promise after that. I'd never thought that I will do such thing," he said as he chuckled to himself and I slightly smiled. "Hey, after the festival, it will be straight to our prom night, right? With whom are you going with?" He suddenly asked as I thought. 
 
'Oh yeah, because of all the rehearsing, I forgot that there's going to be prom on that night. And as I remembered, no one had asked me yet, so...'
 
"No one. I'm too busy with this rehearsal so I totally forgot about the prom," I said as he sighed in relief. "Why?"
 
"Nothing," he said as a slight smile crept to his face. I just responded with an 'oh' before I continued rehearsing. But a question suddenly popped in my head and I have to ask him now.
 
"Hoon oppa, are you going to play in the festival too?" His facial expression turned into a stun. 
 
Then he answered with a thin smile. "No, I'm not playing."
 
"Eh, why?" I asked in curiosity but the reaction I got in response was a lot different hand my thoughts. He just stood up from the chair and walked to the door, carrying his things. Before he went out, he said, "Sorry ______, I can't answer that," and after he went out of that door and never accompanied me with rehearsals again.
 

 
It was a day before the festival and I was just sitting on the chair, playing the same note over and over again. It was so boring because Hoon was not with me during rehearsals anymore. I kind of missed the time that we spent together when we rehearsed. 
 
Suddenly the door creaked open as I looked at who was opening it.
 
It turns out it was Mr. Kim instead of Hoon. Without knowing, I sighed in disappointment and ignored him although it wasn't my habit to do so.
 
"Oh ______, you still here? I thought you already went home," Mr. Kim said as he saw me still sitting on the chair, playing the same key again.
 
"What's wrong with one of my best students who is usually happy when I come back?" He asked.
 
"Nothing is wrong, Sir. But can I ask you one question?" I asked as he nodded as a sign of agreement.
 
"Why won't Hoon play at the festival?" I asked. Then he sighed.
 
"Actually this is a secret between Hoon and I. He didn't play not because he didn't want to, but it's actually because of you. Before I asked you, I'd asked Hoon first and when he knew there was only one spot, he said, 'Ask _____. She will be excited to play in the festival. It's always been her dream to play in front of the public.' And before I searched for you to fill the spot, he'd said, 'I didn't accept to play because I didn't want to. I turned the offer down because she deserves it more than me.'"
 
My eyes turned watery as Mr. Kim said the reason behind Hoon's inactivity in the festival. I suddenly stood up and bowed to my teacher.
 
"Sir, if I don't make it tommorow, would you ask Hoon to replace me? I think my condition is unwell right now," I asked him as he nodded. Then I walked out of that room and ran straight home.
 

 
The festival day...
 
"______, there's a package from Hoon," my mom said as she walked in my room, looking at me, who was still not ready for the festival and the prom. "Honey, haven't you changed your clothes into a gown yet?"
 
"I have no mood to go to school today," I said bluntly as my mom sighed.
 
"I'll put the package here, okay?" My mom said again as she put the package on my table and closed the door from outside. I curiously walked to take the package and open it. I saw an orange dress with a note.
 
'Wear this at your performance, okay? I'll be waiting for you ;)'
 
Tears started flowing from the corner of my eyes as I tossed the note somewhere in my room. I laid down on the bed again, plugged in my earphones, and shuffled all the songs in my playlist to calm myself down.
 

 
Hoon's P.O.V.
 
I watched Mr. Kim become anxious as ever as I waited for ______ at the auditorium. I wanted to ask her something before she performed. I was thinking how it would turn out when Mr. Kim shocked me with his yelling.
 
"Where is ______? She was supposed to be here half an hour ago," he yelled as I froze in shock. 'She hasn't arrived yet?'
 
"Mr. Kim, is it true?" I asked anxiously as he nodded.
 
"She told me yesterday that if she couldn't make it, she wants you to replace her. But I never thought that she really couldn't make it," he was blabbering when a message arrived in my phone. I immediately opened it since it was from ______'s mother.
 
'Hoonie, do you have any idea why my beloved daughter doesn't want to come to school? I was actually looking forward to her play, but she didn't even bother to change her clothes.'
 
"Mr. Kim, can you please do me a favor?" I asked as he nodded. "Hold the audience for a while. I think I know why she still hasn't arrived," I said.
 
"Why is it?" Mr. Kim asked in confusion as I ran to the parking lot.
 
"Because she wants me to play instead of herself," I yelled as I continued running.
 

 
_______'s P.O.V.
 
I was listening to my already shuffled playlist when I heard a knock on my door.
 
"Honey, can you please go to your balcony? Someone is waiting for you," my mom said as I turned off my music and went to the balcony. 
 
I was shocked since I saw Hoon in front of my house wearing a tuxedo that matched the dress he gave me.
 
"What are you doing here? You should be at the school's auditorium," I said to him as he shook his head.
 
"You're the one who should be there. The audience is waiting for you," he said.
 
"But it's not fair. It's our shared dream, but why do you sacrifice yours for me? I don't deserve it as much as you do," I yelled as tears started flowing again.
 
"I do it because I love you, ______. I want to see my girl being happy, although I have to sacrifice my dream for it," Hoon firmly said as I stood there shocked. Before he continued, I rapidly ran downstairs, opened the main door and hugged him.
 
"I love you too, oppa. That's why I prefer you to play on stage than me," I mumbled under his embrace. As we released each other, Hoon suddenly knelt down on one knee.
 
"_______, will you be my princess for tonight, tommorow, and always?" He asked as he handed the prom corsage in front of me.
 
"Yes, yes, absolutely yes," I said as I hugged him making him lose his balance as both of us stumbled to the ground. We chuckled as he put on the corsage on my wrist. As we looked at each other's faces, Hoon pulled me into a kiss, a sweet kiss that I imagined how it was like when I was young. When we broke the kiss, I got up and pulled him to his car. "Let's go..."
 
"Wait, are you sure you want to go to the prom with that?" He asked teasingly as I looked at my t-shirt and shorts that I wore. I even didn't wear any footwear when I got out of the house.
 
"I'll go change. Wait for me," I said as I ran inside the house, but a thought just passed in my head. "Oppa..."
 
"Yeah?" Hoon asked as he looked at me.
 
"Can we please play the piece together at the festival?" I asked as he quickly texted someone on his phone. As he got the reply and read it, he said, "Mr. Kim is already on that. Just change your clothes and come back quickly, he says."
 
"Thank you," I said as I smiled and ran upstairs to change my clothes.
 

 
The rest of the day went on perfectly. Both of us played the same piece to the audience as they listened to the harmonious melody we made. A lot of applause was accepted from the audience as we bowed for the last time of the day. In prom, both of us were having a romantic time together, dancing to slow music as we looked into each other's eyes. We even made out sometimes. But on the next day...
 
"Morning, princess," Hoon said as I smiled.
 
"Morning, Hoon bunny," I replied as he looked at me shocked at what I called him.
 
"Why do you have to call me that?" He whined.
 
"Because you're lika a bunny, a cute little bunny," I stuck my tongue out as we continued our endless fight until...
 
"My, my, why are both of my students like a newlywed couple?" He asked as both of us blushed.
 
"Anyway, I want to say sorry," he continued as we tilted our head. "Actually it's not because of the counseling I was absent, it's because the school suddenly gave me 2 weeks off so I went on a vacation with my family." We stared at him in disbelief.
"Besides, because of me, both of you can be together, right? I always wished that someday both if you will become a one solid couple..." before he finished his sentence, both of us yelled.
 
"MR. KIM!"
 
Hi, it's me again ^^... How's the Hoon's one shot? I know it's -much- longer that Kevin's one shot but usually 'longer is better', right? Please comment to tell me how it goes :3
 
And I want to say welcome back to...
 
 
Don't forget to enjoy, comment, subscribe and up vote everyone ^^
 
My answer:
 
Kpopsister123 : Thank you ^^ and AJ is totally the prankster in the shot :D