Of all the Rabbits...

ONE

After closing the door and toeing his shoes off to the side of the hall, Hansol was thankful for being home at last and made his way to the kitchen. Pulling out a bottle of water from the fridge to drink, he was not at all surprised when a pair of arms appeared from behind to wrap themselves around his waist. He ignored the person behind him after he gulped a mouthful of water and once he put the bottle back, he groaned in annoyance.

"Why can't you stay in your cage?" he asked, trying to remove the arms by gripping the pale wrists with his hands.

The person whined against his ear, "No~ it's boring in there!"

Hansol turned around after being successfully separated to speak with a stern voice, "Xero, you're a rabbit. That's what rabbits are supposed to do." He walked past to enter the living room, "Now stop clinging to me, I need to tidy up."

"I'm not just a rabbit! I'm human now," the younger sat on the kitchen bench and watched curiously, "why are you cleaning?"

"I'm having some friends over tonight for a study session and a hot pot dinner," Hansol explained, clearing the floor from stray pillows, comics and clothing.

Xero felt a mix of surprise and excitement and jumped off the bench with a light step, "I get to meet your friends?!"

"No, no, no, no. Definitely not," he quickly correctly, alarmed at the question. Imagine introducing Xero to his friends! He stood up to address the other, "you're a rabbit and therefore you'll stay a rabbit during the time that they're here."

"But I love hot pots!" the other shouted desperately, not able to understand.

"I know, but you can't have any tonight." Hansol cleared the coffee table, hoping to avoid another argument. It hasn't been the first time since they've argued and he wondered if all of this could have been avoided if he had bought a different rabbit...

At the beginning of the year, Hansol wanted to buy a rabbit to take care of and of all the rabbits he had chosen, he ended up picking the one rabbit that could change into a human. Imagine that! Not even Xero, the name Hansol decided on, could explain why he was able to do it but he was absolutely ecstatic that he had the ability. The first time it happened Hansol saw it for his very eyes - one minute he was petting this little rabbit in his arms, the next he had a man in his lap! It was terrifying and of course, unexpected. Hansol was ready to bolt out of his apartment and never return but Xero pleaded for him to stay, that he couldn't hurt him, that he just wondered what it was like to be a human, that he could be friends with him...
Hansol supposed that some sort of genie blessed the rabbit's wish.

Hansol just had to have the rabbit in the pet store. He couldn't resist the furry thing when it looked up at him with those dark innocent eyes. His fur was soft and its little feet were too cute. Its ears looked so delicate and when it nibbled on a piece of lettuce or carrot, its nose would twitch in happiness.

As a human, Xero was incredibly pale and, Hansol admits, very pretty. Quite often he would find himself staring when the other wasn't looking. The shifter was sweet and he wanted to help with the shopping - on the rare cases that Hansol would take him outside in public, always making the other promise to behave. He would also try to cook, often foods would be slightly burnt but he could make perfect teas to drink from. Despite all that, he could be very manipulative, trying to act cute on purpose to get his way - sometimes Hansol would find it hard to deny him. Xero was also extremely clingy even when Hansol brushed his teeth, the other would hug his shoulders and stay there, humming a tune, for no reason. He would also take Hansol's clothes to wear regardless if he was given his own clothes to wear.

Presently, the shifter was glaring at him, nibbling his bottom lip as if he had a lot to say.

"What is it?" Hansol asked at the ready.

"Why can't I meet your friends?"

Hansol huffed, wasn't it obvious? "it'll be easier if you stayed as just a pet rather than having to explain to my friends that I have a rabbit that can turn human, okay? No more, Xero."

The other sat heavily on the couch in dismay. "It’s unfair."

He knew it was unfair to the rabbit but tried to reconcile, "If there's any left, you can have some hot pot tomorrow, now go back to your cage and change."

With that, he turned away to check if he had enough ingredients for dinner, knowing Byungjoo would most likely bring plenty more than needed…

~

... and he certainly was right when he took note of the plastic bag in Byungjoo's hand, letting him and their other friends, Hunho (Seogoong), Sangwon (Yano) and Sanggyon (A-Tom) inside. He was excited that he could share his home with his friends and he could feel normal again. He was especially at ease knowing Xero would be in his cage in his room like a normal pet rabbit should be.

The group moved to sit around the coffee table to study and they felt comforted knowing that they could help each other with any problems they were facing - Hansol was thankful Hunho-hyung had come along also despite him being a senior - they could use all the help they could get! Surely he'll be able to pass the literature test with no problems after this session.

Byungjoo called for his attention from across the table, "Hyosang (Kidoh) said he's running late but should be here for the hot pot."

"Oh~" Sanggyon sung with a teasing tune and an ever present mischievous smirk, "I wonder why he's late~?"

Both Byungjoo and Hunho shared the same knowing look and snickered along, leaving Hansol and Sangwon in the dark.

"What did we miss here? Tell us!" Sangwon demanded, earnestly. He always hated missing out on any kinds of fun.

"Didn't you know?" Sanggyon spoke, propping both hands under his chin. His face looked similar to the Cheshire Cat. "Hyosang-hyung has a girlfriend..."

Sangwon appeared shocked at the idea, "What? How?"

“Why do you need to know? You won't get a girlfriend!" Sanggyon said childishly and poked his tongue at him and once again, the two ended up caught in another playful arguing with each other.

Decidedly ignoring the maknaes, Hansol spoke to other two, "I never thought Hyosang was interested in dating at the moment."

Byungjoo shrugged, placing his forearms against the table, studies completely forgotten, as he leaned over the table to peer at him, "speaking of dating, when are you going to get someone for yourself?"

Hansol groaned, not this again... "I don't want to talk about that."

"And why not?" Byungjoo asked, frowning, "you deserve someone, Hansol. I don't know what I'd do without Seogoong!" he said grabbing the said person to lock arms with. "It shouldn't be that hard to find someone for you, oh! Then we can double date!"

"Can we just go back to studying, please?" breathing heavily, Hansol tried to concentrate on the book in front of him, attempting to ignore the voice in the back of his head that sounded suspiciously like Byungjoo, 'he's right, you know.'

~

Studying had finally taken its toll on everyone and they decided to call it a night, ready to fill their bellies. Hansol heated the thermoware and placed the already chopped ingredients to the side, watching as the others cleared the table. Hansol never thought his living room would be this lively. With Sangwon and Sanggyon dancing to the music from a phone, carefree and happy that food was coming, and Byungjoo and Seogoong laughing along with them, Hansol really enjoyed having them here.

As the broth was ready, he began to place everything together and he heard a buzz at his door. Hansol was going to call someone to get that, however Sanggyon appeared besides him and grabbed the ladle from his hand, "go take care of that, I'll deal with this!" and pushed Hansol towards the entrance, "go, go~!"

Giving up, the older trudged to the door and allowed a happy Hyosang to enter.

"I heard you were with your girlfriend," Hansol said grinning as he poked the other's sides.

Hyosang giggled, ticklish and rushed past him weakly, "I was! And now I'm hungry!"

Hansol rolled his eyes with a smile and shut the door, following the other into the room.
What stopped him dead in his tracks was seeing Xero in his chair talking.

Byungjoo turned his head to Hansol with a scowl when he noticed he was there, "Hansol! You never told me you had a boyfriend already!"


also I imagine Bunny!Xero to be like this one:

wish I could have my own TT TT

How was this first chapter? Did I do okay? I hope I didn't disappoint anyone! ;0;
I'm not sure how long this'll be, initially I had three chapters in mind.
If you have any suggestions, I'm welcome to them!