1.

December Wish

 

[a/n: look how adorable Jongin is in that gif eh!<3 btw should I warn you guys because there's implied daddy!kink?? it's not don't worry I tried to keep it as PG as possible :D I hope it makes you laugh a little because I laughed while writing tbh hahaha I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! let's continue to show EXO our love in the future, as well as our friends and families (:]
 

 

 

 

 

 

There is one day of the year that Luhan anticipates a lot. 

It's winter time, the season where the streets of Seoul are full with snow, it's cold and yet the atmosphere is filled with people's care and love. People rush the streets, buying the last Christmas presents for their loved ones, children take their little brothers and sisters by their hand and throw snowballs at each other.

The sound of childrens' laughter fills the air and lights are shining brightly everywhere, people's houses are well lit and decorated prettily and everyone is happy to have a few days off during the holidays.

It's no different with Luhan. Finally he is going to spend Christmas day with his boyfriend only, and he couldn't be more exctied than he is now.

They moved into a little apartment together in a friendly neighbourhood a few months ago. Jongin has gotten a small Christmas tree and Luhan happily decorated it, he even got two stockings with his and Jongin's name on each to hang up above the fireplace, that was the centre of the living room.

When Christmas Eve is about to arrive, Luhan rushes home from work with a big smile on his face. He got a very special Christmas present for Jongin this year and he just couldn't wait for Jongin's reaction.

When he gets home Jongin is just about to put Luhan's wrapped up present under the tree, which is a book from Luhan's favourtie book series. Jongin somehow managed to get a copy before release date and Luhan found out when he was looking under their bed, a place where Jongin often hides things that Luhan actually isn't supposed to see. 

But this time his present is going to top Jongin's, Luhan is pretty much sure.

"I'm home!" Luhan quickly kicks his shoes off after he closes the apartment door and enters the living room, where Jongin greets him with a kiss. He is hiding Jongin's present underneath his jacket and holds it tightly with both arms like he's afraid of dropping a porcelain doll.

"What's that?", Jongin asks and points at Luhan's jacket that looks very bloated and puffed out, "you look hilarious because you look like you're pregnant." Jongin snorts and Luhan frowns immediately, playfully kicking Jongin's leg.

"You wish. I thought it's a little early for us having a baby", Luhan says and Jongin interrupts with a Yea-since-you-are-still-my-little-baby and Luhan kicks him again.

"So I got you someone else that will make you as happy." Luhan slowly s his jacket until a little apricot-coloured furball appears and curiously puts his head out. 

"Oh my god, it's a puppy!", Jongin screams in a high-pitched voice and squeals madly. He can barely remain calm when Luhan takes the little toy poodle in his hands and holds it in front of Jongin like a newborn baby. It has big wide, shining eyes, a cute little button nose and a big red ribbon around its fluffy body and it reaches out to Jongin like it already knows that Jongin is going to become its daddy.

"It's a girl", Luhan notes, "Merry Christmas, Jongin! I know how much you love dogs so I hope we can take care of this one together."

"Let me hold her, oh my god she is soooo adorable!" Luhan thinks he has never seen Jongin smile so wholeheartedly before and he giggles a little as the puppy yelps in Jongin's big warm hands. "I never thought you'd allow us to have a puppy here. I know how you're against animals in a house."

"Well, this one was really cute and I couldn't resist not buying it. And seeing you being so happy about it..."

Jongin observes the little puppy that tries to Jongin's hand and then glances back at Luhan. "So adorable! She looks exactly like you, Luhan. Look at that cute button nose." 

Luhan gets all flustered and tries to hide his face. "D-don't be like that... I got her because she reminded me of you. I'm glad you like her that much."

"Oh yes, I do love her so much already. I'm speechless and I don't know what to say anymore but thanks! You made my Christmas, look how cute she is, she wants to cuddle", Jongin squeaks and brings the puppy close to his chest to hold her like a little baby and her fluffy fur. 

"You don't have anything to say, so how about you give her a name?" Luhan flops down on the couch in front of the fireplace and Jongin follows him with the puppy in his arms.

"How about Mei? Written as the Chinese character for beautiful?", Jongin suggests and continues to the puppy.

"Why would you give her a Chinese name?"

"Why not? She reminds me of you."

Luhan laughs at that and gently pats the puppy's head. "Okay then, Mei it is. It fits her. So, I guess we have a new family member."

"Do you know what, Luhan?", Jongin says when their hands touch slighty as they both pat Mei, while she slowly makes herself comfortable on Jongin's lap.

"What?" Luhan looks up at Jongin and meets his gaze when he stops touching Mei for a second. Jongin is actually so close to him, their shoulders are almost touching and Luhan feels all warm and dizzy locking eyes with Jongin.

"I love you so, so much." Jongin touches the back of Luhan's neck carefully and pulls him closer until their lips are brushing, and then he presses his lips against Luhan's soft ones and kisses him softly.

That's everything Luhan wanted to hear this Christmas day, he doesn't need any toys or books or puppies, the only thing he wished for had always been Jongin's love and his warmth.

"I love you too. You're my everything and you're all I wish for this Christmas", Luhan whispers against his lips when they part and he cups Jongin's face in his hands carefully as he gently his hair.

Jongin smirks and is about to kiss him again when suddenly Mei makes little whiny noises and rolls in Jongin's lap.

"Oh, what's wrong my angel?", Jongin woos and looks back down to Mei, "are you looking for attention? Don't worry, I didn't forget you, cutie." 

Luhan sighs with a smile as he leans back and observes how Jongin plays with the puppy on his lap. If only he knew that this is just the beginning, and Mei would be needing a lot more of Jongin's attention in the future.

 

---------------------------

 

A few days later Jongin is still excited about Mei as the first day when Luhan brought her to their apartment. 

Usually Luhan wouldn't notice, but since he got the whole week off he observes exactly how Jongin rushes home just to run towards the little puppy, that barks and jumps his legs as soon as she sees her daddy.

Surprisingly Jongin also doesn't seem to be tired after work like usually, where he'd just flop down on the couch and wait for Luhan to cook for him. Suddenly he has all the power to play with Mei and take her on walks and even go buy food for her.

Luhan doesn't mind, he knows how Jongin has a big hearts for cute puppies. 

However, he's a little confused this morning when he wakes up to Jongin's voice. Nothing unusual, Jongin mostly wakes up before him and then hugs him from behind and whispers cute things into his ears.

"Good morning, my angel." Luhan turns around to give Jongin a good morning kiss in return but he's met with Jongin's back turned to him. He sits up to see who Jongin is talking to and sees Mei under the bedsheets, hugged close to Jongin's body who's her repeatedly and nuzzling his nose against hers.

"Who's my little girl, who?", Jongin talks to her in the most ridiculous baby voice ever and Luhan finds himself rolling his eyes. Jongin even gives her a little kiss and Luhan twitches a little.

"Jongin", Luhan starts and puts his whole body weight on Jongin's shoulders to keep him down, "I know you like her, but this isn't just your bed, it's mine as well. And you know how sensitive I am when it comes to my bed, I want it to stay neat and clean."

"Mei isn't going to do anything, she's just a little scared sleeping on the floor all alone", Jongin replies. 

"She could pee any second." Luhan cringes at the thought of having dog pee on his precious bedsheets.

"Don't worry, she won't. I'm teaching her not to pee everywhere." Jongin pecks Luhan's lips and looks at him with those bedroom eyes that Luhan can't resist. So he gives up and lets Jongin be. "Okay."

Jongin smiles and ruffles Luhan's hair before he turns back to Mei, the puppy that is fully awake now and bites the bedsheets playfully.

Luhan still isn't that content but he lets Jongin be. After all he will be the one cleaning if anything happens.

 

-----------------------

 

Luckily nothing happens that morning, but that isn't going to stop Mei from being a little trouble maker. 

As soon as Jongin stops patting her, she barks once, twice, and jumps from the bed to run around the apartment. Luhan looks at the clock on his nightstand to check the time and sees that it's still too early to get up on his free day, and he would appreciate if Jongin stayed in bed with him a little bit more to cuddle, but Jongin is already up to his feet to chase after Mei. With Mei barking that loudly he wouldn't get any sleep anyways.

"Come to daddy!" Luhan hears Jongin shout in the living room and he decides to get up as well and stop Jongin from chasing Mei because what the hell, it's a puppy of course it's gonna run around and be lively and try to destroy things, that's just how little puppies are.

Not that Luhan is questioning Jongin's "daddy" skills, in fact he thinks Jongin would be a the best dad in the world if they ever have children, but it's just that Luhan thinks Jongin's heart is too pure when it comes to puppies and little children and that he isn't someone who'd be able give out punishments.

He'd be the kind of dad that spoils their little ones and just lets them get away with everything they do when they clearly did things wrong. They would just have to use their puppy eyes on him and Jongin would be eternally in love.

"Come on baby Mei, it's time for a nice warm bath, don't you think?" Finally Jongin gets hold of Mei and holds the whining puppy up to carry it to the bathroom. "Can you come help me, Lu?"

Luhan sighs and wraps one of Jongin's big comfy hoodies around his shoulders as he slowly makes his way to the bathroom. He sees Jongin kneeling in front of the bath tub with Mei in it running around in circles as Jongin teases her with one of his fingers and she desperately tries to catch it.

"Here, at least kneel down on a towel if you don't want your legs to hurt later", Luhan says as he throws a towel at Jongin. 

"Thanks, Lu. Can you make sure Mei stays in the tub while I get the dog shampoo?" Luhan doesn't ask when Jongin got the opportunity to buy dog shampoo but he nods and sits on the edge of the tub and reaches out to Mei to keep her calm but she backs off and barks at him. 

"Be good to your mummy!" Jongin scolds when he gets back.

"Why am I the mummy?" Luhan can hardly believe how serious Jongin is with all the family act. He really treats Mei like she is their child. 

"Who else would be cute enough to be the mummy? Of course it's you, silly." Even though Luhan would most likely want to hit Jongin in that situation, he can't stop a smile from creeping up on his face. 

It's exactly why he loves Jongin so much. He can be dominant and protective but at the same time he's gentle and understanding and adorable, and the best boyfriend in the world.

Mei yelps and starts barking again when Jongin turns up the water tap and Jongin reassures her that "everything will be okay, it's just water to make you clean and pretty, okay?" And almost as if Mei understands, she calms down in Jongin's hand and lets Jongin put the shampoo onto her fur.

Luhan still glares at her and Mei glares back and Luhan can't get rid of the feeling that for some reasons Mei doesn't really like him, at least not as much as Jongin. A child is supposed to love both their parents equally, right? But on the other hand, Mei is a toy poodle and animals are not human beings, therefore Mei probably doesn't even think about those things unlike Luhan.

After the struggle of bathing Mei, Luhan is glad when Jongin wraps her up in a blanket and her gently until she halfway dries.

He can probably go to brunch with Jongin and afterwards to the cinema. Yesterday evening he realised the movie he wanted to watch so badly is only going to be aired today before it gets taken out, so more or less it's the perfect chance to get Jongin for himself for a few hours.

"Jongin", Luhan begins and tugs on Jongin's shirt playfully, "what do you think about going out today? There's a movie I really want to watch and today's the last chance to do so."

"Huh? What?" Jongin seems that he wasn't even listening to what Luhan is saying while he dried Mei and put her pink-coloured collar back on.

"A movie. You and me? I'm asking you out, you idiot."

"Oh. Today would be a little... inconvenient. We're out of dog food and I really need to go shopping later, I thought about buying Mei some toys too so she doesn't get bored. Also, I don't think we can leave Mei alone for that long. Not yet at least."

Luhan's nose twitches, something he always does when he gets angry with Jongin, and stomps his feet on the parquet floor. "Kim Jongin! I said it's the last day the movie gets aired and I really want to see it. Why are you being like this?"

"No, why are you being like this? Come on Lu, it's just a movie. You can watch it when it comes out on DVD."

Luhan pouts and furrows his brows. He can't believe Jongin is that stupid, he only wants a little bit of his attention to himself and all he gets is rejection. "You don't get it, do you?!"

"What? Are you being angry because of a silly movie?"

"I'm not angry."

"Yes you are. Your cute button nose always twitches when you're about to throw a tantrum."

Luhan holds back and takes a deep breath before replying, because he's pretty sure he is going to say very mean things if he doesn't control himself. And why again was he getting angry anyways? "Okay, fine. I'll go watch the movie with Sehun, you do whatever you want."

"Okay. Come back for dinner, please. I don't want to starve." Jongin throws him a short smile before he turns back to Mei. Mei barks happily in return and wiggles her little bottom.

Luhan decides not to let anything bring him down and goes out with a friend instead. He turns around one more time before he grabs for his jacket, to see if Jongin looks after him, but he doesn't so Luhan leaves as quickly as possible.

 

--------------------------

 

So Luhan really ends up watching the movie with Sehun, one of his friends from High School. 

Sehun gets excited about the movie and the fact that Luhan asked him to watch it together, and not the other way round, and happily noms on the popcorn in front of him while watching. Luhan on the other hand tries hard to concentrate on The Hobbit, but his mind gets carried away every few seconds. 

No matter how amazing the movie is, he cannot stop thinking about Jongin and himself and about his jealousy, and he even checks his phone from time to time, to see if Jongin dropped him a message that he's sorry. But the Jongin he knows wouldn't apologise that easily.

"Wow, the movie was so good!", Sehun says and claps his hands in excitement when they leave the cinema. "That was really fun."

"Yeah, I liked it too."

"Hyuuung", Sehun starts in that whiny voice of his as he clings onto Luhan's arm, and Luhan already knows he's going to be stuck with Sehun for a little longer. "Don't you want to treat me to Bubble tea?"

Luhan sighs deeply but then agrees. "Okay." It's not like Sehun would give up that easily anyways.

So after the movie Luhan takes Sehun to a Bubble tea store nearby and they sit down in a cozy corner, facing each other. Luhan actually enjoys someone elses company, even though he keeps slurping on his Bubble tea and watches his mobile, that he had put down on the table in front of them. Sehun doesn't seem to be bothered by it as he's happy enough that Luhan bought him his favorite drink.

Anyways, sooner or later Sehun finishes his drink and puts it aside. He runs his fingers through his blonde hair and his lips before he looks up and talks to Luhan. "So, what's bothering you?"

"Hm?"

"I said what's bothering you. How come you wanted to watch a movie with me and not Jongin? Did you guys fight?"

"Ah, it's not like that", Luhan mumbles and plays with the ring on his finger.

"I'm not dumb, of course it's like that. Tell me, or I won't let you leave." Sehun has that dangerous stare on his face and although Luhan knows he's joking and his face always looks like that, he decides to tell him. He needs someone to talk to anyways.

"Well, I bought Jongin a puppy for Christmas, and since then he barely pays me any attention. All he's talking about is the dog and how adorable she is and whatsoever. He treats the dog like she's his own child and sees himself as her daddy. He didn't even want to go to cinema with me when I asked him today. It's like she became his number one priority now and all I say isn't relevant anymore." Luhan blushes a little at what he's saying. "We didn't even do...things since she's living with us."

"Uh, looks like someone's jealous."

"I'm not jealous!", Luhan tries to defend himself and his nose twitches again, "okay, maybe I am a little. But Jongin is being a complete jerk to me! As you see he even allowed me to go out with you, he must be completely insane."

Sehun snorts. "Did you try to insult me? I'm a good friend as you see, sitting here and listening to your whiny little problems while instead I could be hitting on girls."

"Little problems?"

"Yeah. Come on Luhan, you're jealous of a dog. That's hilarious."

"I'm being serious here and you're making fun of me!" Luhan is about to get up and hit Sehun, but he thinks that isn't such a good idea anyways since Sehun is much bigger and stronger. "At least give me some advice or something."

"I think you should step things up a notch in your bedroom life." Sehun perks his eyebrows up and smirks. "You know, maybe he's one of those guys that are into some puppy kink."

"A what?"

Sehun leans his body over the table so he's only mere centimetres away from Luhan's face and he whispers. "Maybe the only thing you need to do is buy yourself cute puppy ears and a collar and start acting like an actual dog. You know, bark cutely and whine around a little and wiggle your . Then you crawl onto Jongin's lap and rub yourself on him like a puppy in heat, and moan seductively into his ears like Oh daddy what should I do? My doggy bum aches so much and longs for your big, hard-"

"Sehun, what the ?! I said be serious!"

"I am serious! Go and buy those damn puppy ears. They'd suit you."

"Jongin would have told me if he was into such...things."

"Little naive Luhan, you probably don't have a clue what dark fantasies your boyfriend hides inside of him. Fluffy vanilla isn't going to bring you anywhere in your love life."

"We don't only-"

"Pssh, listen to me and give Jongin the surprise of his life." Luhan isn't sure if he should take Sehun serious or not, but slowly he begins to believe him. What if it's true and the problem really is him, and not some little puppy? Maybe he really is too uptight and boring and-

"No time for unnecessary thoughts, it's showtime." Sehun drags Luhan out of the store and Luhan doesn't even have time to properly think about it, so he let's Sehun do whatever he thinks is right and follows him to the next accessory store. 

At least it was only an accessory store and not something worse.

It's quite late when Luhan arrives home though, but he's glad Sehun tried to help him and cheered him up a little. He cannot deny that it wasn't funny after all. At least for a little time he could reassure himself that he isn't going crazy and that he can still have his fun without Jongin. 

"I'm home." Luhan announces his comeback as he kicks his shoes off and walks to the living room.

Jongin is laying on the couch with his feet up on the coffee table (how often had Luhan have to tell him that he should not put his feet up there), wrapped up in a blanket and Mei on his lap. He's watching some boring variety show on tv with sleepy eyes. Mei seems to be calm at the moment as well, as she enjoys Jongin's hand resting on her back.

"Mhh, welcone home", Jongin mumbles and doesn't even look up from the tv. "Can you make me something to eat? You've been away for so long and I'm hungry."

Luhan walks over to him and sits on the armrest of the ouch. "Is that everything? Am I only good for you when I please your needs? When I act like your little slave that fulfils your every wish?" The mocking tone in Luhan's voice is definitely prominent.

Jongin doesn't react to that so Luhan decides to push it a little further. "Don't you want to ask me how the movie was? Or why Sehun's hand was in my pants throughout the whole movie?"

Still no reaction from Jongin, he just stares at the tv screen like he didn't hear Luhan at all and laughs at some MC in the tv show that tripped over something, and the audiences' laughter fills the room.

Luhan throws a pillow at Jongin and finally Jongin startles. "What the hell, Lu? You almost hit Mei."

"I was aiming at you." Luhan pouts and crosses his arms. "I just said that Sehun gave me a in cinema and you don't react at all?!"

"I didn't react because I know you were just testing me to see if I'm the jealous boyfriend", Jongin replies casually. "Now come on, don't act like a little . I'll go watch a movie with you another time, okay?"

Luhan just stares at him, his face all red from anger and jealousy and too many feelings, for once he just wants to punch Jongin in the face because he doesn't get it at all.

Eventually Luhan's too tired to fight with Jongin anyways, and he decides to just let him be for today. He craves for some food too. "Is some spaghetti okay for you?", he asks with a sigh as he walks to the open kitchen.

"Anything is fine." Jongin shifts in his position and tries to find an even more comfortable pose. "Oh and Luhan?"

"Yes?", Luhan shouts from the kitchen. 

"Can you put some dog food for Mei too? Maybe she still wants to eat something later."

Luhan rolls his eyes as he looks for the can of dog food. In the meantime he thinks about how Mei will become fat if Jongin keeps spoiling her like that. "Yeah, yeah. I will." 

Maybe Sehun was right after all and a puppy indeed is more interesting for Jongin than his own boyfriend. Maybe, Luhan thinks, maybe as he becomes older he also becomes more boring. A young lively puppy, that doesn't always follow orders yet showers Jongin with love, seems to be so much more appealing instead.

 

---------------------------

 

It's all or nothing now, Luhan thinks as he sits on their bed one early evening and waits for Jongin to come home.

It took him a few days but he finally gathered all his courage and put his shyness aside to follow Sehun's plan. This is so embarassing, Luhan thinks also, as he looks into the mirror next to the bed. He's wearing silly-looking puppy ears on his head, that are distinctly visible from his messy honey blonde hair. He's not sure anymore but he thinks they were part of some childrens' costume.

A pink leather collar with a tag on it is decorating his pale neck and it kind of itches since he isn't used to the feeling of being collared. He's wearing a simple white t-shirt and tight-fitting briefs and most of his skin is widely exposed to everyone who's going to enter the bedroom.

Luhan nervously bites on his bottom lip as he thinks about which pose to be in when Jongin arrives. Should he choose something ty and await Jongin with legs wide spread, or should he sit by the floor like an anctual dog that waits for his owner to get home? Whatever thought crosses Luhan's mind, it's too late when he hears the entrance door being opened, so he quickly sits on his knees and puts his hand neatly on his lap.

"Luhan, where-" Jongin stops himself when he opens the bedroom door and sees Luhan all flustered and shy sitting on their bed, like a little kid that waits for reward. "...what are you doing here?"

Luhan tilts his head and tries to look as cutely as possible. "Woof-woof!" Did I just really bark oh my god I'm going to-

Jongin laughs as he approaches Luhan and reaches out to touch the puppy ears. "Halloween was like...two months ago, so what are those cat ears on your head?" It's dog ears, you idiot.

"Are you not going to talk to me? Did I do something?" Jongin looks rather confused and nervous than pleased, so Luhan grabs for his shirt and just pulls him down to sit on the edge of the bed, before he can sit on his lap easily.

Luhan immediately starts rubbing his crotch against Jongin's and whimpers at the hot friction between their bodies. He cups Jongin's face gently and kisses him. It takes Jongin a while but he understands and kisses back and puts his hands on Luhan's slender waist.

Luhan breaks away shortly to kiss the corner of Jongin's lips, his cheek, his jawline, until he reaches his ear and carefully nibbles on his earlobe.

"Daddy", Luhan breathes onto Jongin's skin. "Daddy, I feel so hot and needy and I was waiting so long until you got home. Doesn't your puppy deserve a little love now for being so obedient?"

"What? Did you just call me... daddy?" Jongin grips Luhan's both arms and pulls him back to look into his eyes. There's no way he can't notice now how uncomfortable and embarassed Luhan feels about this, but judging by the smirk on Jongin's face it seems to be working, so...

Luhan just pouts and whines again. "Daddy! Please, don't be such a tease..." I'm trying so hard I'm not going to break character now...

"I never knew you were into those kind of roleplays." Before Luhan can give a reply to that, Jongin is pinning him down to their bed and roughly pulls his shirt up to expose his heaving chest.

They're both hard and Luhan can barely move under Jongin's weight and the way he holds his wrists above his head, but it doesn't take seconds for Jongin to slip Luhan's briefs off and unbuckle his own belt. No, what am I doing, that's not the point of it. The is supposed to last longer than that and-

Jongin quickly pecks Luhan's lips before he continues. "Can you at least take those cat ears off? It looks kinda ridiculous and destroys the mood." Stupid Sehun I'm going to kill him after this...

"Ridiculous?! It was supposed to look cute!" Luhan protests and hits Jongin's chest after he wriggles out of Jongin's grip. "I'm doing this for you only, Jongin."

"I didn't say it doesn't look cute! it just feels weird, you wearing it while I'm- you know." Jongin chuckles.

"Well okay then, we can also turn things around." Luhan sighs out loud in frustration and rolls them over so Jongin is the one laying on his back and Luhan sitting on his crotch. Luhan is just about to attack Jongin's lips once again when they're interrupted by real barking.

Oh god no, Jongin forgot to close the door.

"Mei!" Jongin exclaims and pushes Luhan to the side. "What's wrong, angel?"

Mei jumps on their bed and Luhan crawls away in panic and hides his bare body with a blanket. "It's just a dog, duh." Jongin throws at him as he babies Mei in his arms. "You're scaring her."

"You know what?" Luhan spits as he pulls his underwear back on, gets up from bed and tosses the puppy ears into some corner. "Have fun alone. I'm out."

With that he shuts the door close and leaves a confused Jongin behind.

 

----------------------

 

Luhan doesn't talk to Jongin for the rest of the night and just sulks around in the living room while watching tv. The next few days they don't talk that much either, they just talk when necessary, and Jongin continues to have fun with his lovely puppy while Luhan glares at them full with jealousy.

He could say that he's pretty frustrated so far, he still longs for Jongin and he just can't understand how a little puppy can be that entertaining. That is exactly why he was never fond of any type of pets. 

Jongin continues to spend his time reading magazines on how to train a dog, and he even tries to teach Mei some simple commands like sit and lay down. It doesn't work most of the time but Luhan has never seen Jongin so eager before.

It's a sunny winter morning when Jongin's about to leave for work. "I'm leaving then." Jongin announces and Luhan rushes to the door to give him a goodbye kiss. "Have a nice day at work. Here, don't forget your lunch." Luhan hands him a self-made lunch box. 

"Thank you, sweetheart." And so Jongin leaves. It feels like their relationship has come down to the standard of those boring, simple married couples in which the wife stays at home to take care of the house while her husband goes to work and comes back late, then they don't even pay attention to each other and just go to sleep. It's what Luhan feels at least.

"That's all your fault." Luhan glares at Mei who's staring at him while wiggling her tail. "I gave you a home and you're stealing my boyfriend now. How nice of you." Great, now I'm discussing my love life with a dog...

Luhan sighs and wants to go back to kitchen work when he notices a book looking from underneath the couch. Luhan always takes care of all his books, they're precious to him, and he's sure he wouldn't leave one laying around on the floor like that. 

He picks it up, it's his favorite book that he got signed by his favorite author recently, and notices the wet feeling on the soft cover and through the pages. And it smells really odd too...

"Woof!" Mei barks at him with a little toy ball in , trying to motivate Luhan to play with her.

Then it hits him. Mei urinated on the book (Luhan must have forgotten it on the floor next to their bed) and Jongin tried to hide it under the couch. 

Luhan is speechless and just stares at the book. He's so angry and sad and frustrated and all at the same time that his own thoughts are starting to scare him. How could Jongin do this, without even telling me?! And that damn puppy...

Without thinking much about it Luhan furiously grabs the little puppy, it feels so small and vulnerable in his hands, and holds it up in the air above him. "You little devil creature. Why did I even buy you?!"

Really, Luhan did never think about doing this, not even once, it's cruel and inhuman, but he loses all self-control and squeezes the helpless puppy really hard before tossing it against the nearest wall. 

Luhan averts his eyes from the hurt puppy in front of him, she's making small low yelping noises as if she's crying for help, and Luhan digs his fingers into the palm of his hands.

He doesn't realise what he's just done until he sees Jongin standing by the doorway, who came back because he forgot his wallet. Luhan's chest starts to ache so much because Jongin just stares at him with wide eyes and mouth agape, he doesn't say any words, just stares and Luhan wishes he didn't have to see the pained expression on Jongin's face.

Luhan is shocked by his own behaviour, but Jongin seems to be even more shocked. He runs towards Luhan and raises his hand, and Luhan thinks it's all he deserves right now so he closes his eyes shut.

But nothing happens.

Instead Jongin crouches down to check on Mei. Of course Luhan didn't kill her, but she's just laying there, wheezing and whining. Maybe he had luck and he just scared the poor little puppy, maybe he had bad luck and broke her leg. Luhan wishes he hadn't done such a cruel thing in the first place.

"I'm so disappointed in you, Luhan." It's all Luhan needs to hear to make the first tear spill from his eyes.

His hands are shaking and he tries hard not to cry, he doesn't want Jongin to pity him, or pity himself, but he can't stop his sobs and whimpers. "J-Jongin-ah... I'm sorry I really didn't want to do it, I'm... I just... I'm so sorry, it's all my fault." Luhan scratches his own skin so hard it almost starts bleeding. "I'm so stupid for trying to destroy your source of happiness. I was jealous for no reason, I just love you so, so much a-and...Just why am I so stupid..."

Jongin turns around and sees Luhan sitting on the floor as he cries into his arms like a little baby and shakes his head repeatedly. Usually Luhan isn't the type to cry over dumb things easily. At least not in front of Jongin. 

His voice becomes shaky and he's so scared to look Jongin in the eyes at the moment. "I didn't... I didn't..."

Jongin feels how Luhan's whole body trembles with fear when he embraces him and pulls his head close to his chest. "Shh. I know. I know you're not that kind of person." Jongin whispers and Luhan's head gently, trying to calm him down.

Luhan can't help but cry into Jongin's chest as his trembling hands find halt on Jongin's arms. Jongin continues holding him until he eventually stops sobbing so badly and manages to breathe properly. All the emotions that had bottled up inside Luhan the past few weeks, he had all let it out just now.

"You... were jealous of Mei?" Luhan just nods against his chest and Jongin pulls him even closer and kisses his head gently. "I'm sorry. I think I wasn't really aware of that." 

Suddenly Jongin feels very responsible for Luhan's behaviour. How could he have been so shallow? His own boyfriend had been suffering and he didn't notice because he was too busy with a little dog. 

"Luhan? Look at me, angel." Jongin's voice is so warm and sincere, just like his hands as he touches Luhan's face and wipes his tears away gently. "You are the source of my happiness, okay? It's you only. I should be the one being sorry. I was thinking about the past few days and I realised I was being such a douche to you. I'm so sorry."

Jongin hugs Luhan once again and brings him close to his body. Luhan doesn't say anything, he just closes his eyes shut and breathes Jongin's scent in. He's so beautiful and comforting and the only thing Luhan wants to do is lose himself in Jongin's embrace. 

"Don't worry about Mei, she isn't seriously injured. You just scared her a little, but she's a strong puppy, so she'll make it." Jongin strands of hair from Luhan's forehead and smiles. "You too."

People try to destroy other peoples' happiness in order to be happy themselves. But are they truly happy?

Luhan admits that he made a mistake, and that day he learns that everyone has the right to be a little selfish. Selfish for love, care and attention. Not only humans feel so, animals do as well.

He's happy Jongin understands and loves him, not only his good traits but also the bad ones.

 

---------------------------

 

A week later Luhan comes home from work, all exhausted and tired and he cannot wait to flop down to bed next to Jongin. The new year has already started out to be tiring, but there's at least one thing that keeps him smiling everyday.

"Welcome home, angel." Jongin greets him with a short peck on his lips and helps him take off his winter jacket. "Seems like it was snowing a lot today, right?" Jongin gently brushes the snow flakes from Luhan's hair.

"Yeah. Looks like winter has just begun." Luhan smiles and follows Jongin to the living room.

His eyes widen in surprise when he sees what Jongin did to the dining table. There were candles lit in the middle and two plates with food in front of him. It looks like dinner was going to be noodles with salad, and there's even some strawberry cake for dessert, Luhan's favorite. 

"Jongin, you... did you seriously prepare all this?" Luhan just stands frozen in the middle of the room and looks at Jongin, playing with the hem of his shirt. Jongin looks so handsome in the dim light, even with a turtleneck sweater and his messy hair. Luhan feels like he's fallen in love all over again.

"Yes. It took me a few hours, but I hope it tastes good. I wanted to surprise you a little." Jongin pulls out the chair for Luhan as he motions him to take a seat. "I know it's nothing special and kind of cheesy, but it's the least I can do for you from time to time."

"I would've been happy even if you just ordered food." Luhan smiles and Jongin thinks how it's the most adorable smile he has ever seen. It's not even Luhan's puppy eyes, his cute button nose or any of his pretty facial features that make him so adorable. It's his gestures, his outstanding aura and his smile that make Jongin's heart beat faster.

Luhan can't help but blush when he realises that Jongin can't keep his eyes away from him, even when Luhan starts eating and his mouth is full with noodles and salad and he's pretty sure he looks like a pig while eating. They don't share many words, but the way their eyes lock with each other, Luhan finds himself being magical drawn to Jongin.

It's not until he's finished with his food that he notices something. "Wait, why is it so quiet here? Where's Mei?"

"Ah yeah, about Mei." Jongin clears his throat before he continues. "I decided it's best to give her to my sister, she loves animals just as much as me. We both work full-time and now that holidays are over soon, we barely have the free time a puppy needs to grow up healthy. But we can visit her and my sister on weekends of course, I'm still her daddy after all, and Mei would like to see her mummy too."

Luhan is surprised at what Jongin is telling him, he would have never believed that Jongin would give his precious puppy away this easily. It's true what he's saying though, a puppy means a lot of work and attention, something they both don't have at the moment. 

Luhan can't help but feel a little sad, he's going to miss the Jongin that chases the little dog around their apartment and babies her and shows Luhan how many tricks he already taught their little baby.

"Now my only one baby is going to be you again." Jongin smirks and Luhan frowns on the spot.

"I'm not going to call you daddy ever again."

Jongin laughs and reaches out to touch Luhan's hand. "I didn't mean it like that. But I have to admit, you were really hot when you threw yourself on me and whispered all those dirty things in my ears."

"Shut up or you'll sleep on the floor tonight like a real dog", Luhan mumbles and bites his lips as he glares at Jongin.

Jongin just laughs again and Luhan feels the urge to smash the cake in his face. Then Jongin leans down and pulls something from underneath the table and shoves it in front of Luhan's face. It looks like a book wrapped up in fancy gift paper.

"Merry Christmas, once again. I'm sorry about Mei peeing on your favourite book."

Luhan starts smiling like a mad man as he unwraps the present. It's the exact same book and it even has the author's sign on the cover and he just cannot stop smiling. Not because he likes the book that much, but because Jongin put so much effort in getting him a new one. For him only.

"I got it on ebay after battling with some other persistent dude", Jongin says casually like it was the easiest thing in the world. "I know it's not the same, but I saved some money to get it for you."

Luhan squeals and jumps up and hugs Jongin and presses a lot of little kisses all over his face, then he settles down and sits on Jongin's lap as he wraps his arms around his neck.

"Jongin?"

"Yeah?" Jongin puts his arms around Luhan's waist.

"You can't imagine how much I love you."

Luhan doesn't need any words because all he has to do is lean down and kiss Jongin. 

Beinng able to control his emotions might not be Luhan's strongest trait, Jongin might not be rich enough to buy him pretty presents everyday and maybe they're both a little forgetful and naive, but they don't mind at all.

It may be quite simple, but people often tend to forget that it's the small things that make them smile. It's not the Christmas presents or the first snow or all those things people wish for in this cold season, but each other's presence. What people truly mean is to put a smile on the faces of their loved ones. 

Sometimes a helping hand is the true meaning of a miracle in December. Sometimes things aren't as complicated as they appear to be. Sometimes a simple I love you or a small smile is enough for a miracle to happen.

And this is when Luhan realises how wonderful his life is, with Jongin by his side.