cake theif

Forgotten Birthday, or is it?

Minho wasn’t in best of moods when he walked into the dorm after a hectic day. He scowled at the neon numbers of the clock glowing back at him; it was five past one, his birthday. Huffing he got his phone out once again, he flicked at the touch screen angrily to browse through hundreds of messages wishing him a happy birthday to look for the one massage he had been waiting for since the clock struck twelve.

No luck.

Thousands of people remembered this special day but it seemed that the person most important to him had forgotten it. He pouted and threw the phone on the sofa and then threw himself on top of it, squishing it between him and the soft cushion. Angrily, he punched the backrest and harrumphed in frustration.

He remembered all the birthdays he spent with his lover, true that they weren’t really lovers till his last birthday, but for four years Jinki had been the first one to wish him happy birthday with a sweet smile and a small package on his hands, every year till this one.

Minho shut his eyes and tried to think up reasons why Jinki might have forgotten his birthday? Maybe he was too tired and fell asleep and didn’t actually forget? Then he remembered that the leader had no schedule that day, so there was no reason for him to be tired, not really. He wanted to just barge in their shared room and demand an explanation but his ego would not let him. He looked at the tiny slit under the door to see if the light was on but no, the spaced was filled with only darkness. Jinki really was sleeping.

After a while of sulking in the dark, he decided to just go to bed too and told himself that he would have his revenge, the leader will be ignored the whole of next morning no matter how much adorable pouts were sent his direction. Nodding, he stood up and quietly walked to his room and inched the door open equally quietly.

The room was dark.

However, the lump of leader under the blanket that he had been expecting wasn’t there, instead the small figure of his lover was huddled on the floor, right in front of the bed, his head resting on the mattress behind in an awkward angle. Minho winced. That would definitely hurt after he woke up.

What surprised the rapper the most was the dark lumps in front of Jinki, as his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he could tell that two of them were small boxes wrapped with ribbon and the other was a half-eaten cake! So, Jinki really didn’t forget his birthday.

Grinning, he felt around the wall next to the door and turned the light on.

The sight of his lover was adorable, bits of cake and cream around his mouth evident that someone got impatient and could not stop himself from helping himself to the cake for his lover.

Typical Jinki. Minho chuckled and crouched down next to his slumbering lover.

‘Silly Jinki..’

He leant down to softly press his lips on the plush ones of the other and then stuck his tongue out to the remnants of the cake off him. He didn’t stop even as Jinki’s eyelids fluttered and his honey brown orbs sleepily looked into Minho’s and widen in realisation. Neither did he stop when the elder tried to push him away, his hands clasped onto the shoulders of his lover and he moved his lips back to Jinki’s, moving lovingly and hungrily. Biting his lover’s lower lip, he slipped his tongue into the other’s mouth and tasted the sweetness of the cake.

Jinki seemed to have had enough because he pushed Minho away, gasping for breath with a dark flush to his cheeks to the rapper’s delight. Jinki looked delectable; all sleep mussed and thoroughly kissed.

‘Wh..what do you think you’re doing?’

Minho chuckled.

‘Just claiming my present.’

He once again pressed his lips on Jinki’s and kissed him lovingly and was pushed away, again.

‘N..no! It stinks..’

Minho frowned. He knew that he had schedules the whole day and night too but he made sure that he was bathed after dream team and was wearing perfume, Jinki’s favourite one at that! There was no way he stank.

Jinki seemed to have realised the train of his thoughts and stopped him by poking his cheek.

‘Not you..me. I need to brush my teeth.’

The blush on the elder’s face darkened, much to Minho’s delight. He chuckled and pinched his unbearably cute lover’s cheeks and moved his head to kiss the tip of his nose.

‘You don’t stink, my little cake thief! You taste sweet, like vanilla cream and strawberries.’

Grabbing the leader by the back of his neck, he crushed their lips together, teeth clattering with teeth, into a hungry kiss. He felt his lover freeze but then smiled into the kiss as Jinki seemed to melt into the kiss and his soft lips pressed onto Minho’s just as hungrily. Moving his hand from the back of the elder’s neck to his jaw, he tilted his head for better access to those succulent lips. Soon the harsh and hungry kiss turned slower into a more loving one, each caress and each showing more emotions than the last. Minho was sure that he died and gone to heaven, for only in heaven one gets to feel things like that.

This time again the kiss was broken by Jinki, who panted and gasped as his forehead hit Minho’s shoulder.

‘H..happy Birthday ba..baby..’

Minho knew right there and then that it didn’t matter what presents Jinki got him or if he wished him first on his birthday, what mattered is that he was there, always, for Minho and that’s the only gift he could ask for on his birthday, for his birthday. He sighed and kissed the elder’s forehead.

‘It already is.’

He curled his finger around the creamy cake and put some on Jinki’s nose just to it clean and placing a soft kiss on the tip. It was going to be the best birthday ever, he just knew it.