Investigation

Silent Suicide

“A murderer is on the loose. And that murderer is one of our students.”


Luhan sighed as he sat down in front of the principle and investigator. It seemed as if all the students from his level were going to be personally interviewed.

 

“What’s your name?” The investigator, Do Kyungsoo, questioned gently.

“Lu Han,” he replied, looking straight into Kyungsoo’s eyes. Luhan knew an investigator’s mind. One who’s too afraid to meet his eyes when answering the question, kept fidgeting or stuttering while answering would be on the suspect list.

 

Kyungsoo smiled. “Do you happen to know who Kim Jongin is?”

“Yes, he’s my best friend,” Luhan replied calmly, not showing any sign that he felt a bit uneasy. Usually he felt confident with things like this, as it requires putting up an act, and he was majoring in acting. Something about this ‘Kyungsoo’ irked and ticked him off.

He had to stay calm.

 

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, jotting down some notes. “Did he show any signs of being a suicidal person?”

“I don’t know. We kind of drifted apart after I got together with Sehun.”

 

“Got together?” Kyungsoo asked, confused.

 

Luhan’s face reddened. “I-I’m homoual,” he admitted. Kyungsoo immediately looked down at his notes for some reason, before looking back up at Luhan with a reassuring smile. Luhan felt irked. Judging from Kyungsoo’s smile, he knew it was a fake one.

“Don’t worry, I won’t judge you by your uality,” Kyungsoo spoke softly, reaching out to hold Luhan’s hand. Luhan nodded stiffly, a bit surprised at the skin contact that Kyungsoo had initiated.

 

Kyungsoo pulled back his hand, and then reviewed his notes. “It states that student Byun Baekhyun was murdered a few weeks after the incident, and student Park Chanyeol was murdered the day after Byun Baekhyun was murdered. Do you know either of them?”

“They’re my classmates in history class. They’re also best friends,” Luhan answered.

Kyungsoo nodded. “I see. Can you describe their friendship for m-“

 

“Principal Lee!” Someone barged into the office.

It was one of the martial arts students. Huang Zi Tao.

 

“Whatever is the matter, Zitao?” Principal Lee asked, quickly getting up from his seat.

“Th-There is a fight going on in the gym! Lee Taemin is having a fight with Kris Wu! He’s claiming that Kris was the one who killed Jongin!”

The principal turned to Luhan and Kyungsoo. “I’ll be back. You may continue questioning him, Kyungsoo.”

 

“Who’s this Kris Wu?” Kyungsoo questioned when he and Luhan had settled down. Luhan pressed his lips into a thin line.

“He’s one of the bullies in this school,” Luhan muttered as he looked down at his lap.

 

“And Lee Taemin?”

“He’s Jongin’s cousin.”


a/n: just a quick update bc it's christmas. i'm busy nowadays, i'm very sorry xx

comment, subscribe & upvote, lovelies. ily guys xx