this christmas...he's back

A Warm Christmas

this christmas...he's back
(and will never leave her again)

 

 

hyung=brother noona=what a male call an older female

A/N: The dates are changed to fit the timing of the story.

 

 


 

 

24 December 2013 – Christmas Eve

 

 

She watch closely as each falling snow flakes fall slowly while listening to the Christmas carolSanta You Are The Onethe radio in the cab is playing. With the window scrolled down, she stretches her right hand out to feel the snow, each landing softly on her open palm. She let out a sigh, wondering why she is out during such weather.

 

I want to see him.

 

She feels a pang in her heart. They have not met for two years, or maybe more but she can’t remember clearly anymore. Should she be doing this? Part of her wants to tell the driver to turn back while another part of her wants to see him.

 

Just this time, she tells herselfshe will just follow her heart for this one time.

 

 

-

 

 

A small smile appears on her face when she spots him walking out of the doors, greeting his fans, the reporters and of course, some of the members of Super Junior that are here to pick him, consisting of Jungsoo, Donghae, Hyukjae, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Sungmin. He looks different now. It seems that going for Military Service had done him good.

 

 

Does he still remember her? Has he been eating well? Many questions started popping up in her mind.

 

 

She sees the members each taking their turn to hug Youngwoon who has just returned from army–the group has such a strong bond. When Youngwoon is turning his head towards her direction, she immediately tries to keep her head low and blend in with the rest of the fans gathered there. A few seconds passed, she sneak a glance to check if he is still looking and is relief to see that he has already turned away to wave at the fans at the other corner. After casting one longing glance towards Youngwoon’s back, she tugs lightly at her scarf and turn to leave.

 

 

Finally out of the crowd, she quickly fastens her pace, not looking back at all. She really shouldn’t have come. The stinging sensation at the sides of her eyes is starting to hurt and she thinks she would not be able to hold on to her tears any longer.

 

 

You really should not have come, Min Jee.

 

 

-

 

 

Youngwoon frowns when he sees one of the fans leaving so soon and feels as though the fan is someone he knows. However, he is not very sure either as all he can see is just the back of her. Also, her hair colour is different from her.

 

 

Noticing that his hyung is spacing out, Donghae turns to see what Youngwoon is looking at and stare a bit, scrutinizing the back he too finds familiar. Judging from the way his hyung is looking at the girl, he easily guesses that his hyung has not figured out who the female fan is. He is hundred percent sure that that leaving fan is her hyung girlfriend; although they have kind of broken up two years ago.

 

Donghae knows that his hyung and his girlfriend, Min Jee, still love each other. After all, they have only ended their five years long relationship because of his hyung’s past reckless behaviours.

 

Donghae made a mental note for himself to tell Youngwoon about it afterwards.

 

 


 

 

It was also during December seven years back, when the snow started piling up, two old friends met again. They had once been close during University but lost contact since Youngwoon left and became the trainee under SM Entertainment. Although they had feelings for each other back then, none of them had the courage to confess.

 

 

That one meeting in the late night brought the two old friends closer once again and that night also helped to reform their friendship which later led to something even more beautiful. It was funny how their frequent shop-together didn't start any rumour and that the fans living in their area weren't a lot. None of their parents knew that they were together only until they had been dating for about six months; the members of Super Junior didn't know either.

 

 

Despite not being able to see each other all the time, that itself did not affect the relationship. Min Jee understood that and never once complained about it. Everyone that knew about their relationship found it amazing how their relationship continued for about four years, until things started going downhill.

 

 

-

 

 

Youngwoon got even busier as their group was gaining more popularity and the time they spent together started getting lesser.  There used to be lots of exchange of texts and phone calls in the past when they could not meet up but all that stopped.

 

 

Min Jee was fine with that. She didn’t mind that Youngwoon could not find time to reply her messages or call her back; she was always prepared for that.

 

 

At one point of time, the calls and messages stopped coming. Youngwoon no longer returned the calls or messages. She still waited although she could have simply gone to the SM building to look for him as she didn’t want to cause any trouble.

 

 

One month past, two months past…they had not met, talked or messaged each other for three months already.

 

Feeling uneasy, she made up her mind and went to Super Junior’s dorm only to find that they were having a mini celebration for their latest win. Although Jungsoo invited her in to join the party, she kindly rejected and told him that she was looking for Youngwoon.

 

 

-

 
 

“Min Jee, I missed you–“ A tipsy Youngwoon came out of the dorm and attempted to give Min Jee a hug.

 

She avoided him and said in a serious tone, “Were you busy all this time? You didn’t call or message me at all for the past three months? I was worried, you know?”

 

 

More sobered then, Youngwoon frowned when he heard that. He knew something was off with Min Jee.

 

 

“It just kind of slipped my mind. I’m sorry... I didn’t know that it would cause you to be this worried.”

 

"Let's break up." The reply was so soft that Youngwoon barely caught what Min Jee said.

 

“Wait...what? Min Jee, what’s” The sentence was left hanging when he saw a tear that rolled down her cheeks. “Why are you crying?” He didn’t know what to do. Never once had he seen Min Jee cried.

 

"I'm tired of all this. I am always the one waiting. You can easily forget to return me a call or reply my message while I on the other am worried for you. It feels as though you don't care about the relationship at all.” Her voice was getting softer as she spoke. “Let’s break up.” She repeated once again, voice strained. She was serious.

 

 

With a still unclear mind, he asked slowly, “Do you still love me?”

 

 

Min Jee was already back facing Youngwoon, wanting to leave soon before stopping in her tracks after hearing his question. I do and always will. She wanted to tell him but his mouth felt dry. As another fat drop of tear roll down her cheeks, she walked away and left the question unanswered.

 

 

-

 
 
 
The other members were astonished to see a tear stricken Youngwoon come back into the dorm and just headed towards his own room. Despite knocking on the door several times, he did not bother standing up from his bed to open it. The knocking soon stopped when Jungsoo told Ryeowook to let Youngwoon settle his own problem.
 
 
Youngwoon didn't get a good sleep that night. He never knew Min Jee was suffering in silence. She said that she is tired. And she does not love me anymore. He finally slipped into dreamland at 5 AM.

 

 

-

 

 

That day, the couple broke up. It was only a few days away to their fourth anniversary.

 

 

-

 

 

 

They didn't meet the day after, the week after or even the month after. During that period of time, Youngwoon spent his time thinking of ways to save their relationship. Jungsoo was the one he had be seeking advices from. It took him a while to fully understand what he had overlooked in the past. He was not thoughtful and insensitive. He failed to realise how neglected Min Jee felt and how worried she was when she didn't receive any reply from him. It made him realise that Min Jee was always the one contributing most in the relationship while he on the other hand took it for granted. But it was all too late when he realise.

 

He decided that it was time for him to be someone worthy of Min Jee, someone she could trust and rely on.

 

 

-

 

 

It was later publicly announced that Youngwoon would be enlisting on 27 December 2011 and would return on 24 December 2013. The news shocked many especially someone who's heart was still longing for him.

 

 


 

 

The interview outside his training site ended and Youngwoon feels so happy to know that the ELF also looked forward to this day. Though, he can't help but feel disappointed when she did not appear.

 

 

"Hyung, hyung, hyung!" Donghae calls him frantically the moment they stepped into the room.

 

"What's wrong?" He asks then chuckles. Donghae has not changed at all.

 

"I saw Min Jee noona just now!" Donghae speaks rapidly and continued before he's hyung have the chance to reply. "The fan that left earlier just now, you saw it, didn't you? That's Min Jee noona!"

 

"It is? I didn't recognise her..." Youngwoon tries to absorb the new information and can't help but feel happy to know that she came. She really came. It gives him hope; maybe he can still save the relationship.

 

"Hyung, you will get her back right? Fighting!" Donghae encorage Youngwoon then hurry go to Hyukjae when the other members start gathering in the living room.

 

 

-

 

 

"Where have you been, Min Jee?" Min Jee's mother asks the moment she stepped back in the house. She knows the answer, although Min Jee will never admit it. Min Jee loved the winter season, that is before things changed three years back. She was shocked that day when she saw her daughter come back crying but never question. As a mother, she knows what happened back then. Since then, Min Jee always avoid going out during winter.

 

"I went to walk around the neighbourhood." Min Jee tried to sound as normal as possible although her mother's eyes seems to be telling her that she knows where she went. To avoid any interrogation, she immediately flees to her room.

 

 

-

 

 

She has always felt lonely for the past two Christmas, but this year, it's different because she has managed to see him.

 

 


 

 

25 December 2013 – Christmas

 

 

The doorbell is ringing and Min Jee goes out of her room to open it as she know that the milk delivery arrives early in the morning. Yet, the person at the doorstep is not who she thinks it is.

 

 

It was Youngwoon holding a bouquet of flowers.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

This Christmas, something's different. This Christmas, two souls reunite. This Christmas, it is a warm one.

 

 


 

 

A/N: I'm so sorry about how this one shot turned out to be... I hope you are not too confuse. This is my first story one shot and it's bad. Thank you for leaving those lovely comments!