She's Gotta Be...

Somebody's Baby

Tonight. Tonight? What made tonight so different?

Every Friday night I was here. Tonight is different. There was her.

I was thinking to myself.

She’s probably somebody's only light. She’s shining tonight. She’s gonna be somebody's baby tonight

 

I like the way she’s making me feel tonight.  I can’t deny that shes beautiful she's walkin right and talkin right. Man, she’s so fly. She’s just so unbelievable but a girl like that would be too far outta my league she's gotta be someone's baby can't be with me
she's gotta be
. Or else, imma make my move.”

 

This is the first time that I have probably not made a move on a girl. There was just something different about this one. Something in me was telling me to make a move, but I do not want to face her boyfriend, that is, if she has one.

 

*KABOOM*

 

What the? What was that? Oh. Just some bar fight again. Better get away from this before I get dragged in.

 

I was pushing my way through the crowd, but it was very difficult.

 

“Excuse me, pardon me...”  These two words I kept repeating while I passed the crowd.

 

Ugh, ouch. Why are people so interested in fights? I think I got pushed onto someone, I should get up.

 

When I got up, I tried to help the person up. I offered my hand to the person I have bumped into. She took hold of my hand... It was very soft. It must be a girl.

 

“I’m so sorry miss...”  I started to say

 

“Don’t worry about it; I wonder why people get so caught up in these fights”

 

Whoa. Shoot. DAMN. I am so STUPID. It’s the girl. The girl. The one that has been in my head this pass hour.

 

“Are you okay?” she asked “You look like you’re shocked”

 

Damn. She must think I’m stupid

 

“Ah, yea. I’m sorry for what happened” I tried to apologize again

 

“Hey, hey, hey, that wasn’t your fault; these idiots are the one who pushed you”

 

“So, I guess I’ll see you later?”

 

“No, wait... um... Would you like dance?”

 

“Sure”

 

“Sure?, doesn’t seem like you want to. I’m sorry for bothering you” She turned to walk away.


What am I doing? She asked me to dance.

“GRAB HER HAND YOU IDIOT” The insides of me were shouting at my stupid-ness.

 

“Wait, sure can mean I yes too. I’m sorry if I sounded like I didn’t want to, but, I really would love to dance with a beautiful lady like you”

 

She turned around, and smiled her gorgeous smile. I do not regret my decision.

 

It was a slow song. Great, I hope her boyfriend doesn’t show up.

 

When we got to the dance floor she put her hands around my neck, and her head rested on my shoulders. I hooked my hands out her waist. Man. She really is gorgeous.

 

“Hey, I forgot to ask, what’s your name?” I felt her lips moving on my shoulders. I had a sudden urge to kiss her. STOP GERALD. She’s gotta be somebody’s baby.

 

“Gerald. Gerald Anderson”

 

“Gerald”

 

“Yeah. That’s me”

 

“That’s a cute name. My name’s Kim. Kimberly Chiu”

 

Kim heard his laugh; she guessed it was for calling his name cute.

 

“That’s a pretty name for a pretty girl”

 

She playfully slapped my arm.

 

“Ouch what was that for?”

 

“Oh, that hurt? I’m sorry. And it felt like the right thing to do”

 

I laughed again. I could hear the concern in her voice. It made me tingle.

 

“No, it didn’t hurt. I was just playing with you” I said while winking.

 

I could have sworn I saw her blush, too bad its dark in here.

 

“Um, do you mind if I ask you questions? You know, to get to know you better” She smiled. I’m really falling for that smile.

 

“Sure, on one condition”

 

“What’s that?”

”You answer your questions too, so I get to know you too”

 

“Deal” She smiled again.

 

“Okay Miss Chiu, You may start”

 

“Okay, how old are you?”

 

“I am 24, how old are you?”

 

“I am 23. When’s your birthday?”

 

“March 7, Yours?”

 

“April 19. Do you happen to be a filippino?”

 

“Yes, I am” I smiled “I’m Half Filippino, Half American”

 

“Oh, Amboy?” she laughed “Im half Filippina, Half Chinese”

 

Oh, that explains her porcelain skin

 

“What kind of girls do you like?”

 

That one took me by surprised. Is she interested in me? Nonsense Gerald. She’s gotta be somebody’s baby.

 

“Hmm, I like girls who are sweet, kind, romantic, but not too romantic, not too clingy, can cook, and of course someone who will love me, what about you?”

 

“I don’t like girls Mr. Anderson!”

 

“No!, I didn’t mean it like that”

 

“Hehehe, joke.” I liked that about her, shes … playful. “I like boys who are sweet, gentleman, can cook, loving, not to cocky, not too clingy, and of course, someone who will love me for me”

 

I wanted to be that man.

 

“Okay, another question, Are you single?”

 

Whoa. Another surprise up Ms.Chiu’s sleeve?

 

“Um, I am very much single” I winked at her, and she giggled. How cute. “How bout you? Are you single?” Or course shes taken.

 

“Yes. I’m single.” I was surprised. Shocked, I was many words including Happy, Glad, and Ecstatic.

 

“Hoy Gerald! You look surprised, why?”

 

“Um, cause, I thought you were taken”

 

“I KNEW IT”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Well I saw you looking at me earlier, but I was wondering why you didn’t come and ask me to dance”

 

“Well I thought you were somebody’s baby…”

 

“We’ll talk about that later” this time she winked “I am not done asking my questions”

 

“Okay, game! Continue”

 

“Gerald Anderson”

 

“Yes. Kim Chiu?”

 

“Can you kiss me?”

 

What the? Should I? OF COURSE I SHOULD! GO GERALD DO IT!

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“You don’t want to?” She stared right at my eyes.

 

I leaned forward, and she did to. When our lips finally met, I felt a sudden wave of electricity, but it was a good feeling.

Here we are, passionately making out; kissing on the dancefloor.

She broke off the kiss.

 

“Hey, don’t look down” I looked up, she was smiling. “You still have a question to ask me…”

 

Oh right. Everything she asks, I ask too.

 

“Okay. Ms. Chiu. Can you kiss me?”

 

She smiled, and leaned it, to capture my lips. She was something.

 

After our passionate kiss we went off to the sides. This time, it’s my turn to ask the question.

 

“Kim…”

 

“Yes cutie?” She called me cutie. Ah, this girl is really something

 

“Aha, Kim, would you answer my question?”

 

“Anything for you handsome” She winked, I must be crazy, because I am already falling for her.

 

“Would you like to be my baby?”

 

She looked up, she smiled. I love her smile.

 

“Thought you would never ask” She finally said, as she captured my lips again.

 

Turns out she is somebody’s baby. Well, now she is.

She’s My Baby.

 

I was inspired by "Somebody's Baby - Mark Meija