First day on the job.

The Angel from the Subway

“Yes, i remember what time i go in”

“I’m just reminding you. It’s your first day on the job and all...”

“I know, Jungsoo, and i really appreciate you giving me a job. Really”

“Oh, it’s nothing. What else could i do? That was sudden, just firing you like that...”

“Yeah... Hey, it’s getting late, and i have to get up early to be on time for my first day working”

“Oh my, you’re right! I’ll leave you to rest now. See you tomorrow, Hyuk. Good night and take care”

“You too”

Hyukjae sighted and hung up.

Park Jungsoo was one of his friends from High School, and gave him a job after finding out he was fired from his office job so suddenly. He had made some space and a few little changes to get him a job at his bakery. Even if it wasn’t a job like the one he had before, Hyukjae was very grateful for it, hoping that job would help him. Not only as a way to make money, but rather as a distraction. And indeed he needed a distraction.

He stood up and walked to his room from the couch he was sitting on in his living room while having his conversation with Jungsoo. Once he was near his bed, he just let himself drop on it, sighting again.

“Who are you?” he wondered aloud “where are you?...Why won’t you get out of my head?” he sighted again “I wish i could see you again. At least just once...” he turned face-up on his bed ‘I need to at least know your name...’

He sat up and changed into his pajamas, thinking of a face he’d seen a week ago in the subway, the day he was fired. He knew he wouldn’t be able to stop thinking of that beautiful face, that smile that made himself smile, those eyes he could get lost in, those lips he so wanted to taste, that skin he yearned to touch. And true to his words, he wasn’t able to forget. He was curious, he wanted to know about that angelic man he saw.

‘If i know your name, will i be able to move on? If i get to see you once again, will i be able to get you out of my head? Or if i see and know you, will it only make this worse?’

Those thoughts scared him. Thinking of his face made some sort of warmness spread in his stomach, making his heart’s pace quicken. He knew he couldn’t be in love, since he had never met the guy.

‘Why do i keep insisting? You’re already taken...’

He lay in bed, still thinking of his smiling face, slowly letting the sleep take over him.

 

The next morning, Hyukjae woke up when his alarm clock started beeping annoyingly. 

“I wanna sleep...” he mumbled against his pillow before sighting and getting up.

He got in the shower and let the water run down his body, getting rid of the sleepiness. Taking his shampoo bottle, he put some on his hand before shampooing his hair, his fingers gently massaging his scalp, and then taking his bar of soap to rub his body with. After washing all the soap from his hair and body, he turned the tap off and wrapped a towel around his waist before heading back to his bedroom. 

He noticed his phone lighting up. Picking it up, he noticed he had a missed call, from Jungsoo. Chuckling, he put the phone down, just as he received another call, from Jungsoo.

“Hello?”

“Oh good, you’re up”

“Yeah, why are you calling so early, Jungsoo?”

“Oh... Just wanted to check on you...”

“Don’t worry, i already took a shower and i’m about to change to go to work”

“Oh, thank god...”

Hyukjae chuckled “It seems you don’t trust me. I’m hurt”

“Oh, no, no, no... I... I was just--”

“I know, i know... I’ll be there on time, ok? Just let me change first”

“Right, see you there. Oh, and don’t worry about breakfast, you can have some here”

“Cool, i’ll be there”

After hanging up, Hyukjae grabbed some jeans and a simple white top before quickly drying himself up and changing.

He looked in the mirror and styled his hair with a bit of hair gel. Satisfied with his look, he grabbed his wallet, which he put in his pant’s back pocket, his keys and his phone, before heading to the door, where he put his shoes on. Checking the time, he smiled and took his jacket before heading out, locking the door behind him and heading to his car.

 

It was strange he wasn’t thinking of the angel, but at that moment he thought of that, his face came to his mind.

“... And i have to drive...” he cursed as he got in his car “why can’t you just get out of my head?”

After a few minutes of driving and cursing, he got to ‘Leeteuk’s Bakery’. Mumbling another curse under his breath, he got inside the place.

“You’re here!” said Jungsoo as he wrapped his arms around his friend.

“Yeah, i;m here...” sighted Hyukjae.

Jungsoo, a bit worried, looked at him “Are you ok? You sounded fine this morning”

“Because i was...”

“Well, what happened?”

“I thought of him...”

“Hyukjae, you can’t be doing this to yourself”

“It’s not like i’m killing myself”

“Yet. How long has it been? A week now? I know i’m not someone to say to just forget about it and move on, because we both know i’m not, but i don’t like seeing you like this”

“Jungsoo... What the hell are you talking about?”

“Good morning~” called a voice as he walked in.

“Good morning” said Jungsoo, walking to him “I’d like you to meet Hyukjae, he’s gonna start working here”

“Hello, Hyukjae, nice to meet you. My name is Ryeowook” he smiled.

“Nice to meet you too, Ryeowook”

They heard something crash in the kitchen, followed by a curse.

“I’ll be right back...” said Jungsoo as he headed to the kitchen.

“So... How’s it like working here?” asked Hyukjae once he was alone with Ryeowook, trying to get along with the other employee.

“It’s great, well, at least i love it here. We bake delicious pastries and make coffee and other drinks such as smoothies lattes and other more... Do you know how to make any of those or bake?”

“Well...” Hyukjae scratched the back of his neck “Not all that well...”

“Oh... Well that’s ok. Most of us started out like that too and now we’re all fine. Like Donghae, and now he’s of the best”

Before the conversation could go further, they heard yelling from the kitchen.

“It’s not my fault! He’s not here yet and he was supposed to bake them, not me! You know i’m horrible in the kitchen, Jungsoo!”

Ryeowook laughed and Hyukjae looked at him.

“Well... Most of us are good at it now.” he said.

“Who... Who was that?” asked Hyukjae as he recognized that voice he knew too well, but hoped he was wrong...so very wrong.

Just as Ryeowook was about to answer, an angry looking man with feminine features, big cat-like eyes, milky white skin and long red hair walked out of the kitchen.

“Heechul, wait” called Jungsoo as he followed said man.

‘You have got to be kidding me...’ thought a wide-eyed Hyukjae as he started to panic.

The red haired man was headed to the door and suddenly stopped, Jungsoo bumping into him with the sudden stopping of movement. Heechul turned to look at Hyukjae, instantly glaring at him.

“YOU!” he yelled before turning his body to his direction.

Hyukjae put his hands in front of himself for protection “H-Heechul... I... We... I-it’s n-nice to see you a-again...” he stuttered as he backed away.

“You two know each other?” asked Ryeowook.

“We do... He’s the son of a  that left me for a woman! And now i’m gonna ing kill him!” yelled Heechul.

“H-Heechul... I... I know things didn’t end well between us... A-and...”

“Ended? You literally left!”

“Heechul, be nice to him” said Jungsoo as he back hugged the angry man.

“Why? Why do i have to be nice to this ing player?!”

“Because he’s my new employee and i don’t want personal problems in the work place”

Heechul looked at Jungsoo and then at Hyukjae “Really?” he asked with a smile.

“Y-yes... Heechul, stop it with that smile, i know you have something evil, or erted in mind” said Hyukjae.

“Oh, don’t mind me. I just hope that you run fast after we’re done with work for the day” said Heechul before loosening out of the hug and going back to the kitchen.

“That... Was weird” giggled Ryeowook.

“Wookie, be nice” said Jungsoo.

‘So much for wanting to get along with the other employees...’ thought Hyukjae as he sighted.

 

A minute later, they all walked into the kitchen to see Heechul cleaning some batter off the floor. Heechul, seeing Jungsoo in the same room spoke up.

“You know... If you didn’t want any problems in the work place, you shouldn’t have kissed me”

Ryeowook slapped his boss’ arm “You kissed him again?”

Jungsoo blushed and avoided his stare. 

“Who kissed who again?” another voice asked.

They all turned around to see a brunette entering the kitchen.

“Who do you think?” Ryeowook rolled his eyes.

“Oh, so Heechul kissed someone again?” asked the brunette.

“No, you idiot” said Heechul “Jungsoo kissed me”

“Who hasn’t kissed you? Or who haven’t you kissed, actually?”. Heechul glared at the man as he went on “I mean, you’ve kissed me, Ryeowook, Jungsoo, i’m probably sure you’ve kissed this guy, and many many more”

“Kyuhyun, get to work” said Jungsoo.

“Sure thing” said the brunette with a chuckle. 

“This is Hyukjae, by the way. He’ll be working here”

“Cho Kyuhyun. Just stay away from Heechul if you don’t wanna die. He gets y”

“I heart that... And he already has” said Heechul, leaving the kitchen to make a call.

“Wow... First day on the job and you’ve already managed to piss off Heechul?”

“Actually... We dated before, and it didn’t end well” said Hyukjae.

“Oh... Sorry to hear that”

“Yeah... I just hope i manage to get through the day”

“Ok, ok, no more talking about a pissy Heechul. I made pancakes and coffee! Now eat up” said Ryeowook.

 

After eating and cleaning up, Ryeowook took care of some unbaked pastries Heechul mentioned earlier before opening up. Kyuhyun was in the cash register, Heechul waited a couple of tables that already had customers and Hyukjae followed Jungsoo around. 

“He’s late again” mumbled Jungsoo as he wrote something down.

“Who’s late?” asked Hyukjae.

Just then, a man entered the bakery. Hyukjae looked at him, and he seemed oddly familiar. He was tall, he had short dark hair, and he seemed to be hiding well built muscles underneath his expensive looking suit. 

“Woonie~” said Heechul as he hugged the man.

“Heechul, stop  yourself” laughed Kyuhyun.

Heechul decided to ignore that comment, at least for the moment “What brings you here?”

“I just came to say something to Jungsoo” said the tall man.

“He’s over there”

He walked to Jungsoo with a smile “Good morning”

Jungsoo looked up and smiled at the man “Siwon. Good morning. What brings you here? Donghae isn’t here yet”

“I know, he won’t be coming in today”

“Why not?”

“And you dared to ask?” laughed Heechul “It’s obvious that he ed him last night”

“Heechul! This is no place for such language” scolded Jungsoo, receiving a ‘whatever’ from the scolded man.

Siwon chuckled and then noticed Hyukjae, who las looking at him.

“Hello, i’m Siwon” he extended his hand to Hyukjae, who took it.

“Hyukjae” he said as they shook hands.

“Nice to meet you. Will you be working here?” he asked as he noticed the apron he was wearing.

“Yes, he’s my new employee” said Jungsoo “but you haven’t told me why Hae’s not coming today. I understand and there’s no problem, i’m just curious” he smiled.

“Oh... Well...” Siwon blushed “Hae’s... He...”

“I think i get it” said Jungsoo with a giggle.

Still blushing, Siwon nodded “But he wanted to say hi and to say he was sorry for not being able to make it”

“You didn’t have mercy on him, did you? Poor thing, i can imagine he won’t be able to walk...”

“Heechul, what did i say? Get back to work”

Heechul giggled and did as told.

“Well that’s all. I’ll be leaving now. Good luck today with business”

“You too, Siwon”

After the tall man left, they got back to work. Hyukjae could have sworn he had seen that man before, but where?

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

The hours passed until it was closing time. 

“So... How was your first day?” asked Jungsoo.

Hyukjae smiled “It was ok. I feel like i didn't do much though...”

“That’s ok, you did more than you thought. That thing you did with Heechul...”

“I just gave him a muffin, he’s cranky when he’s hungry”

“But he didn’t curse at you like he does to us” laughed Jungsoo.

“Still, i didn’t do much. Maybe tomorrow?”

“Of course, and it’s a shame you didn’t get to meet Donghae. He’s such a sweet boy, you would just love him”

“Maybe...”

“Oh, no. None of that. I know who you’re thinking about, so stop it”

Hyukjae smiled “Don’t worry, today was a good day. I’m glad you gave me a job, Jungsoo”

“No problem, Hyukjae”

 

They all finished cleaning.

“Ok, everyone. You all did good and i’m glad we could manage today” said Jungsoo.

“Barely. Some girls were asking ‘where’s Donghae oppa?’ ‘I wanna see Donghae oppa’ ‘Could you give this to Donghae oppa? I didn’t see him today so i couldn’t do it myself’ ‘When you see that fish, tell him my bed is waiting for him’ and many others... So annoying” said Heechul as he collected his tips.

“Umm... What was that last one about?” asked Ryeowook.

“Oh, that was a guy... Minho, i think...” Heechul shrugged.

“Yeah... He’s quite the catch” said Kyuhyun “Though i did notice some stares on the new guy”

Hyukjae blushed a bit “I didn’t see anything”

“That’s because you were too busy helping the y Heechul”

“Shut it, Kyuhyun” Heechul took his jacket.

“Ok, everyone. Before a fight starts, how about we all head home?” said Jungsoo as he gathered his belongings.

They all agreed and did the same.

 

“See you all tomorrow~” said Jungsoo after locking up the bakery.

“Oh, Hyukjae~” sang Heechul.

Hyukjae shivered and got goosebumps “See you tomorrow” he said before running to his car, hearing Heechul laughing loudly.

‘Are we good now? I swear, that man is bipolar or something...’

 

Once he was in the safety of his own home, he sighted. It had been a good day, really. He succeeded in getting his mind off the angel-like man, that was, until he now thought about it.

“Well... I did good today after all...” he said to himself as he got ready for bed.

He was really looking for the next day. He had helped to clean, helped Ryeowook bake and had made a few drinks himself, as well as waiting tables. 

But he still couldn’t figure put who that man in the morning was. Where had he seen him before? He could really remember ever hearing the name Siwon before. Was it in his previous job? No, not there. But where? Where had he been before to have seen that man before? Or maybe his mind was just playing with him? Yeah, that was probably it.

So with that thought cleared, he pictured that angelic smile, slowly falling asleep with that in mind.

 


To be Continued...

 

So, finally an update. What do you think?

Please, don't be shy to tell me whatever you would like to say. I don't mind, in fact, i actually do enjoy the comments very much ^^ So, all comments are welcomed :D

Sorry that it's a bit short, and no EunHae action here, but it's just the beginnign of the story. So please be patient (as if you haven't been already).

And here's my facebook page (i don't have much), where i'll be posting updates and fanfic recomendations, if you wanna check it out: https://www.facebook.com/TheAkatsukiFangirl

Also, sorry if there are grammar mistakes, and again, sorry for making you all wait. Hopefully, the next chapter will be here soon ^^

Love you all~ .3.