The First Kiss

In a State of Delirium

Her shrilling laughter echoed like rings in water throughout the apartment.

It lasted for a minute a two, reaching the with a scream, before it stopped abruptly.

She laid on the floor, not caring for the rubbish, shards of broken glass and dirt that covered it. 

Her once pretty white summer dress was stained with old food, dirt and blood.

Her own blood.

Finding a needle, she put up her greasy hair hanging in clumps down the sides of her face.

She took the needle and slowly pricked three holes in her index finger, her breath stuck in .

As blood slowly broke through the skin rolling down her finger, she chanted the name of the man responsible for all her misery. Suho. His nickname distorted by her manic voice.

Her voice grew louder and louder before it ended in a scream as she ripped open the last piece of skin connecting the holes.

She lay down laughing her shrilling laugh as she held , smearing the blood all over her neck.

She hadn’t always been like this. She had once been a normal college student studying English literature.

Her dark brown hair had once been freshly washed every day. She had once had a warm and endearing glim in her chocolate brown eyes.

She had once been sane.

It had probably been her kind and warm presence that had attracted the Student Body President Kim Joonmyeon, commonly known as the school’s guardian angel Suho.

Someone once told her that a simple hello could lead to a million things, and she was sure that the quiet hello in the library a Thursday afternoon, right next to the traveling books, would lead her to a brighter place.

Oh God, how wrong she was.

Even though he was known as a playboy in an angel’s disguise, Kyungseok had been flattered by his charms.  

Despite all the warnings from her sister, her best friend, she fell deeply in love.

Even though nobody thought it possible, Suho accepted her heart.

She would never forget their first kiss. It had been in the back of a taxi on their way home from a fancy dinner that had been their first real date.

She had first thought that it should’ve been only the two of them, but no – it had been a small party of ten. All the way through the dinner, during which Suho had presented her as his girlfriend and she had been on cloud nine, he paid more attention to the wine and the girl seated next to him than her.

But all the supressed disappointment had disappeared as quickly as it had come, when he kissed her.

The sensation had run down her spine like tiny needles, reaching her fingertips and her toes. She had felt it like her whole body was buzzing, a sensation unknown to her.

She had heard her heart beat loudly, and she had silently hoped that Suho’s heart had beaten as loudly as hers.

This had been the starting point of their heated romance.

And she was absolutely sure this start would lead her to her happiness.

For five months everything was great. He brought her out to eat; they went to the theatre and they watched ballet. They had great and Kyungseok did everything Suho asked for.

One of the best moments had been when he for the first time had told her she was beautiful and given her a silver heart with his name engraved on it.

Kyungseok really thought that she had found the love of her life. That he had found her as his one and only true love.

Only three months before the finals and their graduation she found out she was pregnant. Her heart had almost burst from happiness at the thought of giving birth to Kim Joonmyeon’s child.

It had been a warm evening in the beginning of April when her world had crumbled into a thousand small pieces. She had been going home, planning on how she would break the good news to him, fantasising about how happy he would be.

A couple had been making out at the corner of an alley. She would have walked past them without a single thought if it hadn’t been for the girl’s whimpering.

“Suho”.

Kyungseok had stopped dead in her tracks, thinking she heard wrong. Certainly her Suho wouldn’t be making out with a stranger on the street. Right?

Right?

Right?

She was about to walk on when she heard his name being called again. She slowly turned around, feeling the blood in her veins turning cold.

As she saw his face clearly, something snapped inside of her. As if all of the strings that held the balloons of her dreams just had been cut, making them fall down in high speed towards the darkest pits of hell.

She only vaguely remembered what she had done next. It had felt like everything was swept in red fog.

She didn’t know what she was doing as she did it. She only remembered someone grabbing her arms, dragging her away from the crying woman. She remembered the disgusted face of Suho and the sound of her heart breaking into million pieces.

The months after had all been in a blur for her. The girl, who apparently had been some daughter of a wealthy CEO, had sued her for assault with the result of her getting a fine greater than what she could ever pay, and she was forced to drop out of school.

Not that she had been able to attend it normally anymore.

Suho had broken up with her, breaking more than just her heart. He broke her mind.   

 


Oh wow it took me alot of time to write just one chapter lol. I hope you like it! The second and last chapter will be up soon! Please do tell me your thoughts of the story, and constructive critique is always welcomed!

~IDO~