Chapter 1 First Kiss

~Goodbye, Summer~

Surely the scorching heat of sun has been tingling me the moment I stepped out of our house. Summer is really here. I pace quickly as I’ve caught sight of the time. It’s already 2:30pm. So much for studying my remaining lesson inside that muted room of mine. My summer break is nearing its end. Only a few months left before a new phase of my life begins. Sooner after this school year, I will be a full pledged high school student which only means more drastic studying and no leisure time for a standard student like me.

Schooling system here in Korea is a bit more competitive than any other system in the world. Especially high school students who are evidently nearing the edge of humanity. In order to pass the prestigious universities known here in our country, you should trustingly earn it by hard work and extreme insistence. As for me, excitement build-up as well as edgy feeling renders me to urge forward.

I’m not an A-Student just so you know, maybe sort of an average student only. But I never did fail any examinations or any subjects from the pass. I have always belonged to B-class. Not an A, but might as well not underestimate because a handful of students that belong to this class are still considered sharp and clever but not as EXTREMELY bright as compared to an A-Student.

Considering being a middle schooler, you still need a good grade in order to pass the tricky entrance examinations of some prominent High Schools. As for me, besides studying almost 10 hours a day, I still go to a cram school in order to boost my knowledge needed for me to acquire a better positioning in life afterward. And that is where I first met him – my first boyfriend.

 

Chapter 1

~First Kiss ~

 

I am really running late for our date. We are supposed to meet at 3pm but due to my incompetency and ignorance of time, I am really doomed. It’s past 3pm and here I am still standing at the train station waiting for that subsequent transportation mainly made of steels and hardened materials.

Kai would really not like this right? - The idea of him waiting for me. Oh shoot! I’m done! It’s our first date and I’m ruining it already. The fun hasn’t started yet and I’ve ruined it already!

Kai, as what his close friends call him, is my boyfriend, my first – to be exact. Real name? Kim Jong In, son of the prestigious owner of Kim’s Five Star Bistros – a chain of luxurious fine dining and restaurants found here in Korea. He’s in the same cram school as mine.

Though he would have not been the first one who I’ve encountered the first day I’ve stepped foot on that cram school, still that abrupt attitude and that alluring smile had made me distinguished him from the others aside from the fact that he owned a very y skin tone which Korean males normally don’t possess - A tone which gleams on light as it oozes a strong amount of captivating pheromones. Also his eyes, his eyes that are like a snare ready to entangle you the moment you’ve set foot to the trap he had prepared beforehand. No wonder girls are squealing their heart out every time he would act an entrapment show.

However it’s not just him who possesses that kind of atypical characteristics but unswervingly his group of friends as well. A cluster which will make you swoop over them. So dazzling which in turn would make your eyes melt at the mere sight of them. Not just they are eye candy for heaven’s sake; they are as well sons of prominent personalities living here in Korea which makes me wonder why on earth they are here in this dim cram school. I mean, yes, this cram school is known to be for the elites and the cream of the crops, but to personalities like them I never deem that they would have needed to attend this course of action. They could have gone to any school they would have liked without them earning any neither sweat nor intricacy. Or maybe it’s just me. Maybe the system I reckon to know is not it is at all since from what I’ve found out…

“Hey!” A voice beside me had said. As my head went to look for the owner of that deep-rooted voice, I found myself facing an enormous person. He sure is a big guy, as what I have thought in my mind.

“Hi,” I replied.

“Chanyeol,” that is what he have said his name was. “Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you,” he added while forming a big wide grin on his mouth.

“Oh! Hi, Chanyeol! Mine’s Hana. Song Hana,” I said.

“What a nice name, Hana,” he said as if he was commending me for my name. For all I know he was just being friendly with me. I never apprehended them to be this friendly. I’ve always thought that guys with this status would have been brought up cold and aloof as how stereotyped it may seem.

“What is that Chanyeol? Already hooking up this early? You sure are tough, man! I never thought you have moved on already with Yu bi!” the guy beside Chanyeol sneeringly said.

“Shut up Baekhyun, I am just being friendly. Would there be any harm done on getting to know your seatmate?” Chanyeol bickered.

“Whoah! chill, man! I’m just fooling around with you. Don’t take it too seriously,” the guy called Baekhyun countered. “We’re cool right?”

“Yeah, cool.”

Those guys as what I perceived from their attitude from the first day I’ve seen and met them have been radically normal. Well, exclusive of their stunning looks and family background, I can say that they all were pretty usual. It’s not that difficult to befriend them much for my amazement. That guy called Baekhyun, well I can say he sure is funny. He loves to crack some jokes which sometimes I find corny but still manage to make me laugh. Given the impression, I can consider that he is best friends with Chanyeol.

It’s not hard to find out what family works do these two have. Baekhyun or Byun Baekhyun is the great, great grandson of the famous founder of Orchestra Korea, the biggest orchestral body in our country and also the son of a famous singer and a high ranking national politician. No doubt his surname serves as his persona. Park Chanyeol on the other hand is also a son of a high ranking politician. Distinctly you would know why this two get along well.

It’s not just Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kai. There has been two people as well that were part of that group. Zhang YiXing, or Lay is a son of a Chinese businessman whose back from China holds the 9th biggest share of pharmaceutical industry. He seems quieter than the rest but not as quiet as compared to Oh Sehun, the last person to complete the group. He appears to be as cold as ice. He rarely talks and his face? – His face holds the façade of being a poker-faced one. But you can’t deny the fact that he got an astounding facial feature as compared to his friends. They are all dazzling but not as spectacular as Sehun.  Son of the 15th seeded richest man in Korea, who would have refused to date a man like that? Too bad he seems allergic to people as he opt not to socialize much.

As what I have observed, why when it comes to affluence and fame do always they need to become perfect? Everything in them is like a hell of precision. All of their comportment bears a heaving greatness. Isn’t that unfair to the people who were brought up as standard as they can be? I don’t know how naïve I may sound but the conventional judgment has not been publishing impartially. Good thing normality is still known these days. If abnormality would have surfaced from them, I really won’t know where on this world has I’ve been living all this time of my life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3:43pm –as what my watch have stated the time was. I’ve been breathing heavily and panting wildly since I’ve scurried my way from the station towards our meeting place. No sight of Kai from where my eyes can reach. I’ve searched for him on every corner I can perceive but still no indication of him.

Oh doomed! I’m 43 minutes late?! Who on earth would have waited for someone that late?!

I was about to turn my back and would have finally decided to leave that place when a familiar voice had called my name.

“Hana,” Kai called from a bench not far away from the spot where I was standing now. “What are you still doing? Don’t you see me? I was gazing unto you the moment you’ve arrived,” he teasingly said. “Come.”

I can feel my face flushed due to embarrassment of I don’t even know why. How long has he has been there? Why I don’t even notice him? I swear I’ve sought out that place with both my eyes, I told myself. Just thinking the fact of him staring at me makes me flustered to death.

“Sorry,” I mumbled as I was nearing him. “I’m sorry.”

Since to date, this is my first official date with my first official boyfriend, awkwardness had filled the entire air of which I am not competent of breathing. But since Kai is somewhat substantial of having dates before, he’s the one who ushered it completely. I can say he is sure had a lot of experience on escorting a girl. The gentleness he have shown and how he placidly accompanied me makes my own air breathable again.

After we’ve finished watching that “romantic-comedy” movie, which I don’t know if he suit himself well completely since he had let me pick on what to watch and apparently since girls are er of romance, obviously it’s the first one that would came out of my mind - never really thought of considering Kai’s own preferences - Well, next time it’s his turn to choose; we’ve decided to relax a bit before proceeding to our next action.

“Where do you want to eat?” he asked while we were sitting on a bench that was facing a dancing fountain.

“Hmm.. I don’t know, you choose,” I replied. I really don’t have any idea this time given that there are so many diners and restaurants scattered around us. My eyes were just fixated to the dancing fountain which placed me in awe as it was dancing along with the lights that glimmer throughout its existence.

“How about to our restaurant?” he glaringly said. “You know that, right? It’s just nearby.”

I just nodded. The idea of it was not completely absurd, but with our clothing that rest upon us? – That is what you call absurd. We are going to eat on a five star restaurant, and here we are dressed with no trace of grandeur. As far as I can remember, eating at any fancy eatery requires you to eloquently flaunt your exceptional grade. And here I am geared on a floral summer dress and a pair of supple sandals.

Even before I would have completely snapped out of my reverie and would have rebutted instead, I found myself being dragged already by a gentle hand which I’m not really accustomed of. It’s not even my first time to be held like this, but I cannot contain myself of having butterflies in my stomach. Such a gentle and strong hand he had. The feeling of elevation has reached its peak as he gently and slowly intertwined his fingers with mine. I can feel myself blushing with this unforeseen action.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never expected to be this close to Kai. Yes he can be as friendly as the others, but sometimes you can see that there has been an air of indifference seeping under him. Unlike Baekhyun or Chanyeol which exceeds the definition of what is being friendly, Kai is somewhat paralleled but you can’t hide the fact that he is a total flirt, which made him solely different. No wonder he keeps on hitting with girls in our class. But he varies from being a complete jerk. He just loves to play around but not to completely fool around.

I cannot vividly recall when we had really become close. It just happened suddenly that he would often talk to me and I have assumed it’s my turn to be flirted with. It never really crossed my mind that he would actually say that he really do like me. I never had the same feeling of attachment as he was. Okay, maybe a little but not the same level as his, as what I have thought. And that pea of a feeling made me say yes when he had asked me if we could give us a try. I never had a real boyfriend before, just mere flings and the idea of having one enthuse me. Who am I to reject a big catch, right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 As we are nearing the entrance door, thousands of debates and whimsies had already crossed my mind. The feeling of uneasiness has sure not waive itself completely as to the fact that it came back to my senses again. But what’s the use of confuting if you find yourself already in the den of indefinite situation.

Oh, men! This sure is a fancy place, I’ve said to myself as we finally stepped foot on that luxurious looking place. My face was in agape as I was searching for the right words to fit perfectly the description of the unknown brilliancy.

The chandelier hanging at the center waves itself as each of the swanky lights flicker itself to the tune of sumptuousness. Beneath it was a grand staircase which leads to two different cosmos of splendor artistry. Intricately the precedent of the entire place was made by a piercing imagination of undoubting magnificence. The tables, the stools and even the trivial table wares were all presided over by extreme gloriousness. The sound of the orchestral piece would sweep along the whole place. And even the whole body that contributes to the whole site’s vivacity all possesses a great bearing among themselves.

I never thought of this place to be this KIND of grand.

As I was still in the middle of astonishment, I heard Kai say something but not fully grasp what it is all about.

“Be right back,” are the only words my senses had captured.

After bringing to my senses that this indeed is a reality, a pair of foreign limbs had slowly found itself suited on me and slowly but abruptly encircled throughout my lower self. Dumbstruck I have been founded as he gradually pull me and turn me facing unto him. Before I could have find time to scan that strange face did he do a thing which I really do not freely welcome that day. Brusquely he had put his lips unto mine. The taste of liquor finds itself to linger to my senses as I savor the mouth on which I don’t have any idea on whom it belonged to.

Did he just steal a kiss from me? Crap! THAT. That is my first kiss..

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N]

This is my first ever FanFic that I’ve deliberately write and publish.

 

Hope you will like it and hope you will stay with me till the end!

 

As you can see the first chapter was all fragmented. I intended it to be like this so that further details would be accounted soon. Don’t worry the succeeding chapters would have their own story paired with their own pacing.


Thank you for reading!