Anonymous

It's December.

 

*everyone, please lower your speakers' volumes. c:

* i do not own the video. credits to the respectful owner.

"Characters.

Song Ji Han;

► an impossibly perfect girl, smart, talented, kind, beautiful...
but has a mental disability.
► nineteen yrs/old, magazine writer, orphan, independent

 

 

 

 


Lu Han;

► encountered an accident that made him stop dancing, deeply in love with Jihan
►twenty yrs/old, ex-dancer, heir of their family's company, incredibly handsome

************

"I don't know who you are..."

************

It was December 23, 2018.

FLASHBACK


"Aigoo." Jihan pouted as she sighed. Luhan was taking forever. 

Luhan asked Jihan to meet him in the block's fountain benches. Jihan came earlier, and while waiting for Luhan, she sat on one of the benches because her legs were numb already from standing.

Luhan was taking forever. It's been 26 minutes since Jihan was there.

Jihan was about to give up, will Luhan visit her? She was about to stand up when someone pushed her down and covered her eyes. 

Jihan squealed a bit. She was trying to figure out who it was, and finally realized when she smelled the scent of the hands. 

She removed the hands and saw a really handsome Luhan, sweaty but still, good-looking. 

Luhan sat beside her and looked at her.

"You're a bit late. Actually, late." Jihan said and laughed.

I can't wait to tell you, Jihan. You look really beautiful and alive when you laugh.

"Why are you late? My legs are numb, you idiot." Jihan said as she pouted.

“I’m sorry, Jihan. I had to do something before I go here. And who told you to come here earlier?”

“Better early than to be late like you. Probably you’re late because of those new applications that Kai passed on your phone.”

Luhan laughed. “Nope.”
“Heh. Whatever.”

 

Luhan looked at Jihan. “Why are you looking like that?” Jihan asked.
“Close your eyes.” Luhan said. “Don’t peek.”

Jihan closed her eyes. Luhan pulled out a teddy bear, a big white box and a small box decorated with costume jewellery.

“That’s so long.” Jihan complained.
“Open your eyes.” Luhan said as Jihan opened her eyes. She saw a pink teddy bear hugging a heart that said “
사랑해요”. There was a small box.
“What’s this?”-Jihan
Luhan opened the box and inside it was a silver ring with pink lining. Then Luhan raised his right hand.
“I have one too, but with blue lining.”
Luhan waved his hand on Jihan’s face. Jihan laughed.
“What does this mean? It’s not like my birthday’s today.”
“It’s not your birthday, I know that, I’m not stupid.”
“Then what’s...” Jihan stopped and realized everything. The bear, the ring...
“Don’t you get it? I’m late because I bought these for you.”
“Just tell me what’s going on, Luhan. Don’t leave me confused.”
Then Luhan looked at her and held her hand.
“Jihan, don’t pretend. I know you know that I like you. From the rumors, I know you heard them.”
Jihan was flabbergasted.
“All these teddy bears, this ring, this, all of these. I bought them for you.”
Luhan knelt down and looked at Jihan.
“He-wha-wait. What are you doing!?”
Luhan opened the small box and reached Jihan’s hand.

"I like you Jihan. Since the day I transferred into your school, I has a secret admiration for you. I've been waiting for you all these years. Wo-would you be mine?"

Then there was a moment of silence.

 

 

"Yes!" Jihan answered confidently. 

Luhan was struck. All of his efforts paid off. His secret stares at biology, his secret letters to Jihan's locker, his weekly "cinema dates" with her, his chocolate flowers, the thousand won he spent for this day. They weren't useless at all.

"Luhan? I already said yes! Stand up! People are looking at you!" Jihan said, laughing.

"I can't believe this. I still question everything."

"Hmm. I'll answer all your questions, if you pay me to Coffee Cafeteria? I'll consider it as a date." Jihan said with a smile.

Luhan smiled, took all his things. Jihan waved her hand at Luhan.

"I'll be having the blue. You get the pink, so mine will be yours, and yours will be mine."

After that, they exchanged rings.

And unexpectedly, Luhan kissed Jihan on the cheek.

"What's that for!?"

"I'm just glad you're mine."


END OF FLASHBACK

Jihan came back to reality when she bumped into a bike. Luckily, it didn't fall.

Jihan was out of control. Today was December 23, 2018. The same day that Jihan became Luhan's girl. It was five years since they became a couple. Memories of that day came flashing in her mind.

She wanted to cry. But she couldn't.

It was the same scenario. Luhan called her to the same place. The only thing different was it was winter, the sky was gray and sadness filled her thoughts.

She walked her way to the venue, letting her boots sink into the thick layer of snow.

Her body was warm. The only thing that made her cold was her thoughts.

She stood meters away form the place. An unexpected person appeared right in front of her eyes that tore her heart and made her guilty.

Lu Han. 

He was holding a bouquet of roses, some chocolate in his other hand and he was hugging a bubblegum colored teddy bear.

She felt guilty. Today was their fifth anniversary, will she ruin it?

Unfortunately, Luhan's eyes fell onto you and approached you.

"Jihan-ah!" He waved.

You knew you were ugly for him too see you. Your smile faded. Happiness couldn't be found in you.

You had your hair straightened and tied it in a high ponytail. You wore glasses. You knew Luhan would be disgusted in what you look like now. You look like a new teacher banished from a university. Your lips were scarred, your eyes were swollen and you had puffy eyebags.

In short, you look like a mess. One TOTAL mess.

But Luhan, said something you were surprised to hear.

"You're beautiful. Just like five years ago, when I asked you."

His words tore you even more. You tried to throw the thoughts regarding five years ago. You held back your tears. You maintained your cold-as-ice face.

"Happy Anniversary, blue."

Luhan said as he gave you the teddy bear, the flowers, and the chocolate.

You mustered all the courage & tried to utter the right words, 'cause you know when you make a wrong move, everything's over.

"Put that down." You told cautiously, avoiding his stare and looking straight.

Luhan placed all the gifts down. "What's going on, Jihan-ah?"

You pulled an envelope out of your sling bag. You gave it to Luhan.

Luhan took it and slowly opened it. Then he read it and slipped the paper back int the envelope and gave it to you. "What's this?"

"You have eyes and I know you're not stupid, Luhan."

Luhan didn't get it. He was waiting for you to clear things up.

"I came here not because to celebrate our anniversary. I have a mental disease and it's getting worse. I'm about to die because of it."

"Tell me it's a lie. You can't have this disease, Jihan. You haven't--"

"Stop Luhan. You don't understand. This mental disease gives me headaches that sometimes makes me faint, and I couldn't handle it anymore. Do you think you could live with a girl who'll make you suffer!?"

"Jihan, I don't care if I'll be suffering. We've been for five years, do you think your disease will make me stop loving you?"

"Luhan. Listen. Any time or any moment, I can die. If I suffer from a great headache and if it's too much too handle for me, I may give up. I don't want you to see me die, to suffer, or whatever. Can you please just listen to me?"

"Jihan, I love you. I will do anything to make your life comfortable even with a disease. I--"

"STOP!" Jihan couldn't hold it. Hot tears rushed down her cheeks like little crystal beads.

"Jihan..."

"Do you want to live with a girl who'll be screaming at the middle of the night!? Someone who will make you wake up and make you buy medicine!? Someone who'll be breaking all the things in the house when her headache comes!? Do you want a kid to have a mother who can possibly scream at his or her face!? Tell me, Luhan!"

"Jihan! Don't even think about your disease! Try to enjoy life as long as you're living. I could promise you that I'll marry you anytime. I'll spend every hour with you. Every minute. Every second as long as you're alive."

Jihan couldn't take it anymore. She wanted so badly to separate from Luhan and free him to her. She wanted him to find another girl who'll make her happy and not someone who'll randomly scream at his face.

 

 

 

"I don't love you anymore Luhan. So don't even hope to become my husband."

 

Jihan said those words in front of Luhan. She was lying, actually. She loved Luhan so much that she's willing to break up just to set Luhan free from her. She wanted Luhan but she couldn't. She said that so Luhan would finally break up with her.

"But I still love you, Jihan. Even if you don't want me, I made a promise that I'll take care of you, until we die."

"Don't be overreacting. We're not even married yet."

"But you're about to die."

"That's the point!"

"Jihan, you still love me. I can read it in your eyes."

"Love can't be read in my eyes Luhan. And I don't speak twice. I don't love you anymore." Jihan said as she went off, trying to go away fast as she can so she could finally cry.

But Luhan caught her wrist.

And the sight of Luhan crying, actually made Jihan cry.

She saw Luhan crying. Never in her life did she see Luhan cry. And Luhan was crying. Because of her.

"Jihan-ah. Don't leave me. Please."

Jihan resisted the urge to smile to him. She promised herself earlier that she will break up with Luhan no matter what 'cause she knows that it'll make Luhan feel better.

"No Luhan. You deserve a better girl than me." Jihan took her hand off Luhan's, and took off her ring and gave it to him.

She took one last glance at Luhan, her tears finally streaming down continuously. 

Jihan went away, disappearing to the cold, winter scene.

Luhan just stood there.

It was their anniversary today.

He planned to take her at the carnival that Jihan was planning to go but she didn't because she was always busy with the magazine. 

His knees fell to the floor.

He looked at the flowers, chocolates and the teddy bear.

Luhan ran his hands through his hair, trying to process everything.

He couldn't find someone to blame. Him, or Jihan?

But he didn't blame someone. 

Instead, he cursed himself for being so careless to Jihan. How could he?

He just stared at the gifts.


That night, when Jihan reached her apartment, she felt dizzy.

She opened the door, but the keys unconsciously fell from her hands but she eventually picked it up.

When she came in, the room was spinning. She tried to get water from the kitchen.

But then it hit her. Her headache occurred again. She felt dizzy and dizzier. Until she couldn't take it.

She was holding her head. This was the worst headache that hit her. Maybe it was the sadness. But it wasn't.

Later on, because of her headache and the emotions that hit her, she started to hit all the things. All the glassware, vases, and other objects fell into the floor and crashed. The tiny pieces hurt her feet and she started to become insane. She yelled Luhan's name. Then, she kicked her wood cabinet and then it crashed down. She hit her head onto a metal bar, fell down and then had a blackout.


Meanwhile, her neighbor, Soomin, who was planning to give dinner to Jihan, was visiting her. She was knocking but no response was heard. She knocked continuously but no one was answering so she thought she was asleep. She was about to return to her room when she heard Luhan's name and then a LOUD thud.

Worrying, she opened the door without permission and found Jihan lying on the floor, face down, tiny pieces of glass scattered on the floor. Panicking, she went straight to the phone and then dialled an emergency number to the nearest hospital.

An ambulance came to their residence, took Jihan inside and raced to the hospital.

Soomin called Luhan, unaware of their recent break up.

Luhan rushed to the hospital and found Jihan.

He was devastated. Even if he broke up with Jihan he was still concerned.

Jihan had tons of scars on her face and on her forehead was a big bruise. Her arms had lots of broken glass pieces stuck on it.

He approached the doctor and asked.

"Excuse me, but, what treatment will she receive and how much is it?"

"She will be sent overseas to cure this scars and her mental illness. The treatment is about 900,000 won."

"I will pay for it."

"Sir, someone already paid for it. Are you sure you're going to pay? He had a full payment though."

While Luhan was waiting outside for Jihan, he called his bestfriend, Karen. Karen lives at London, a Korean-American.

Soomin was about to step outside, but when she heard Luhan, she tried to eavesdrop.

"...yeah. I was here even if we broke up. No, it was just this afternoon. Heck yeah, I'm really confident. I'll see you next week. I'll be living there. Ok, bye Karen. Miss you."

Soomin was outraged. "Miss you, Living there..."

After the call, Soomin stepped out of the room.

Green- Soomin

Blue-Luhan

"You just broke up with Jihan, and then you're hitting on another girl. You call that a bastard right?"

"What are you saying Soomin? And how did you know we broke up?"

"Call that eavesdropping."

"That was just my bestfriend."

"Heck yeah, your bestfriend. Jihan was also your bestfriend. And you two eventually ended up."

"So, what does it have to do with Karen?"

"You and Karen can eventually end up. You know that Jihan just broke up with you and the doctors said that one of the factors that stimulated her headache was her emotions. And then you're running away from her? Do you remember promising her that you would never leave her?"

"I was convincing her to stay with me, but it's useless. I look like a jerk."

"But if you really love her, you won't stop. Be grateful that Jihan is in comatose now. If she was alive, she could have another headache and worse, die."

"I'm just living in London and that's it. I don't have a plan in being with Karen."

"I hope you'll regret what you'll be saying. 'Cause you know, in the middle of the chaos, I heard her shout your name. What a pitiful girl, unconsciously lying there and doesn't know that her ex-boyfriend was fooling her around."

Soomin walked out, grabbing her duffel bag.

Luhan was agape there, looking at the empty hallway.

How could he be so foolish?

 

 

Luhan checked one last time on Jihan and went home to fix his things on next week's flight to London. He promised Karen he would live there, but he also promised Jihan he would be there until they die.

He started his car, drove and went to a highway.

The road was wide, only few cars passed by. It was midnight though, people were asleep.

The road was dark, and very gloomy. Luhan began to feel tired and sleepy.

Then in the middle of his drive, he took a detour, which is a dangerous way. The road he took was narrow, and cars passed by each other very slow because it was beside a cliff.

Luhan felt his eyes getting heavier every minute. and he was driving in a risky road.

When he was about to doze off, a truck was getting near and it was honking because Luhan's car was fast and it was not moving aside. 

Luhan couldn't feel his left foot. It was paralyzed. His feet couldn't step on the pedal which makes his car stop. He felt pain as he tried to step on the pedal. 

And his car did not stop.

His car crashed on the truck. Luckily, the truck driver was kind enough to call the police and an ambulance.

 


 

After four months, Jihan woke up from comatose and was sent overseas to cure her scars and her mental illness. Fortunately, she was cured. Then she was brought to the plastic surgeon to apply plastic surgery to her face because her face was deeply scarred and if it wouldn't be changed, her face wouldn't be recognized.


She returned to Seoul after 2 months.

On her way to her apartment, Soomin called her and greeted her for coming back. After their conversation, Soomin brought up the topic of Luhan in comatose and had an accident which twisted his foot. She said that the cause of his accident was his injured foot which disabled him to dance.

Panicking, Jihan drove to the hospital where Luhan was. The thought of their break up was long ago for Jihan to remember. 

She went to Luhan's room, expecting a lifeless Luhan lying on his bed.

But no.

 

He was there on the spot, his hand moving and his head turning side-to-side slowly. Doctors were fixing the equipment attached to his body. Then the doctors saw Jihan, they excused themselves and offered you the time to talk to him. The doctor said to take him slowly.

Jihan came nearer, seeing Luhan close his eyes again and taking a big breath.

When Jihan came near Luhan, she rubbed his head first and then asked him softly.

"Luhan, blue is here. I'm sorry. Very much. I'm finally cured Luhan. I could be yours again. I wish we could bring back the time when we were happy and no one could bother us." Jihan said as she felt tears building up on her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't know who you are."

 

 

 

 

 

Jihan felt her eyes tear up. Did he forget her because of her new appearance? Heck yeah. But she didn't change too much. Or did he forget that she was his ex-girlfriend whom he hoped will come back to him? Or did he forget that he loved her? Or worse, did he even forgot her existence in his life?

Jihan stood there, confused.

"Luhan, it's me. Jihan. Song Jihan."

Then on cue, someone just entered in the room, obviously panicking and worried about Luhan's state. Someone who didn't look familiar to Jihan.

 

 

 

 

Karen. Karen Jung.

 

And behind her was a very angry Soomin.


Hi guyyyyssss. c:
So this is my very first one-shot story about my bias, Luhan <33
And I know it's a bit long. No, actually, very loooooooooong.
But I'm thanking all of you for reading it! <333
And sorry for the wrong grammar. If there is /slapped
I know this story sounds cliche, but anyways.
Oh, and for you to visualize Karen, Soomin and Jihan's new face, I provided pictures.

Ahn Soomin

Karen Jung

Song Hajin (new)

 

*I don't own any of the pictures. Credits to their respectful owners. 

That's all, folks <333