Christmas Tale

Under the Mistletoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Under The Mistletoe;
               you stole my first kiss…

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I remember that day, the day I felt my heart beating so fast for him for the first time. The day I realized that I’ve fallen for him.

It’s the beginning of the new semester at school and I remember how upset I was because I was in the same class of him, Lee Hyukjae, the annoying brat instead of my crush but I also remember how he tried to cheer me up by suggesting some game. Who knows that the game lead to something else…

He was suggesting the game we discussed last time. It’s the 사랑해 갬 ( Saranghae Game** ). We all agreed and we started to arrange our sitting position with that jerk beside me. I recalled us having fun by teasing the other players also trying to make them laugh to receive punishments. Nothing really thrilling that time, not until he decided to make an extreme move on me with the reason of making me lose.

He leaned closer to me, so close that I could feel his hot breath on my face then he reached out his cold hand, caressing lightly my cheek before removing the strands of hair from my face then whispered so lovingly Saranghae to my ear before sitting back to his seat with a satisfied grin when he saw how red my face was and how the others were staring speechless at his little gesture earlier.

I didn’t pay attention to the surrounding after that. All I knew was how fast my heart was beating that time and the way he whispered lovingly to my ear. Weirdly, somehow, I wish what he said earlier was serious. And since then, I know… that I’ve fallen for him, that Hyukjerk… somehow in a weird way and so sudden I didn’t even know anymore.

~

It was a few weeks later that I started to act weird. I kept getting angry and upset at everything he did. Like how annoying he could be or how he was always unaware to his surrounding or how I felt. But the things that could always make me forgive him was… how he always tried to persuade me to not getting upset at him anymore or how he would bought my favorite just for me to stop ignoring him and start talking to him again. And of course, that silly gummy grin of his.

I think I fell hard…

~

It was around October I guess that he started to changed again. He liked to tease me a lot and I would back.

I know he’s the one who would get shy when someone stares at him for a long time so I used that method to . And who knows he found an even better revenge for me.

~

He was walking back to his seat after break and he suddenly looked at me with a smirk. I felt kind of uneasy then but I tried to look as cool as possible because I knew he’s starting with his plan. I tried to challenge him by folding my arms and what happened next was like a blur because I swear I could felt my heart skipped a beat then.

I recalled smirking back to him before he suddenly speed walk to my seat and out of sudden his face was just inches away from mine and from other people point of view it must have looked like he just kissed me right then right there at the class.

I was in a shock for a minute before I looked back at him, glaring holes to his face with my red face. Luckily for me, there wasn’t any students who saw the earlier scene. Then I turned back to the grinning monkey and give him a glare that saying “what was that for and it’s not even funny!!”. He gave me his silly gummy grin as a reply.

~

After that day I thought that he would continue with his usual teasing and quit using the method he used yesterday but how wrong I was when I saw him with his annoying grin when he entered the class. I knew something’s bad was going to happened to me.

And to prove it, he suddenly run to my sit before doing what he did yesterday that was how he looked like he’s going to kiss me but stopped just right before his lips touch mine. So close. And since then he started doing it almost everyday. And I did snap at him but being the stubborn monkey as he was, he never listened.

And sometimes, just sometimes… I thought that maybe he really did want to kiss me. And he looked like he really took some interest in me.

~

It was December, my favorite month of the year. The wind started to get chilly, people were wearing thick clothing everywhere. Christmas accessories could be seen everywhere around the town. Christmas carols were played to make the atmosphere feel even more … December-y. Everything kept reminding people that Christmas just around the corner. I grinned widely and tightened the coat around my body.

Then, after admiring the view of the Christmas decoration all over the street, I walked down the road to my destination. It only needed the final touch of snow to make it a perfect white Christmas. I kept walking down the road and take a turn before arriving at my destination.

I took out the paper where I wrote the address he asked me to meet him at. Him, yes, that Lee Hyukjae. I looked at it once again to make sure it’s the right place. Then I looked around and saw no one was there and I was starting to get nervous of everything. Why did he suddenly want to meet me? Well, yes, I remembered he said that the others were coming too but still. I kept thinking of any possibilities because I was starting to get uneasy. Then the person I was wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter