Until the End

Last Letter
Please log in to read the full chapter

Super Junior M - Blue Tomorrow

 

Youngwoon oppa, were you nervous in your match? I bet you were at first but remember what I taught you to do? Did you do it? close your eyes and just breathe in deeply and hold your breath when your heart steadies exhale hard. Kanginnie! Fighting!

 

 

“you ready?” Youngwoon’s coach asked loosening his muscles for the final match.

“born ready, coach.” He grinned confidently, which made his coach smile.

He had been Youngwoon’s coach since he was in highschool and once he saw his great talent and potential in Judo, he never gave up on him. Their years of hard work now finally earned Kim Youngwoon a spot in the finals in the Asia Judo Championship in Japan. They’ve been in Japan for 2 months for his training and preparation for this match. If he could win this he could qualify for the international match in Texas.

“great confidence, kid, but don’t lose your head on the court.” He advised. “think of what you learned and use smarts to defeat your opponent.”

“yes coach.” He gave a short bow then went to grab his phone to read his girlfriend, Yisoo’s, latest message of encouragement for him.

-we’re all watching your match, Kangin oppa. Fighting! Saranghae...<3

he smiled at the words on his screen especially at her nickname for him. Kangin. It was just like Yisoo, she didn’t say much but everything she says makes him happy. She’s his bestfriend since elementary and they’ve been dating since highschool. Yisoo’s his pillar; the only person who’s always there for him encouraging him in his sport.

Youngwoon put the phone back down on his bag and his eyes zeroed in on a small, black velvet box. He picked it up and opened it and the diamond engagement ring sparkled in the light. He promised himself he would give her two things when he gets home. His championship trophy and this ring; he will propose to the only girl he ever loved and the only one he was sure of was for him.

 

 

Kangin oppa, congratulations! I know you could win it. You have practiced and trained so hard for this for years, now your hard work finally paid off. I am so proud of you, oppa. I watched your match on television; you were so great I could cry. I am sorry I couldn’t be with you but you know that I cheered for you back home right? Of course you do! Know that I will always support you and will always be there cheering you on wherever your tournaments take you. 

 

 

Youngwoon and his coach hugged each other in tears when the referee declared him the champion. Tears wouldn’t stop flowing from their eyes even when he took his place on the platform and got his trophy and medal. He raised the golden award thanking his family, friends and especially his girlfriend for their unwavering support.

He ran to the locker room to call Yisoo the good news, his hands was shaking and he couldn’t wait to hear her voice. He dialed her number and phone rang. It rang…and rang…and rang…until all he reached her voicemail.

He stared at his phone. It wasn’t like Yisoo not to answer his calls. He thought she must be too busy celebrating his win to hear her phone. But then she would always answer after his wins. Maybe her colds got worse? She didn’t sound well during their last conversation after all. maybe she caught a cold, winter time is very cold in Korea after all.

“when are we flying back home, coach?” he asked excitedly putting all thoughts at the back of his head for now.

“can’t wait to see Yisoo eh?” he smiled and teased. Youngwoon nodded. “we can fly back home tomorrow morning.”

“thanks coach!” he took his phone again and dialed the number of  one of his closest friends.

“Youngwoon?” the man answered in just a few rings.

“Jungsu hyung!” he ignored the slightly less enthusiastic answer of his closest hyung. “I want to tell you something just don’t tell Yisoo ok?”

“sure, what is it?” Jungsu choked but passed it off as a cough.

“I’m flying back home tomorrow, I want to surprise her so can you pick me up at the airport?” he asked.

there was a short silence, Youngwoon heard Jungsu breathing deeply before he answered.

“I actually have an appointment tomorrow, but Siwon’s here, he said he could pick you up.” He said all this in one breath, which surprised Youngwoon but again he didn’t question as he was in cloud nine at the moment.

“no problem! See you tomorrow, hyung!” he replied.

“Youngwoon-ah.” Jungsu called before Youngwoon could hang up. “congratulations.”

Youngwoon heard the familiar beep of a call being hung up.

 

 

I am excited to see you home, oppa. I want to see you. I miss you so much.

 

 

At 10:15 am the next day, Kim Youngwoon’s flight from Tokyo arrived at Incheon International Airport. He tapped his foot at the luggage carousel waiting for his luggage to arrive. With his medal and ring safely tucked in his pocket, he couldn’t wait to get to Yisoo.

“calm down or your bag will never get here fast enough.” His coach joked.

Youngwoon craned his neck and spotted his black luggage coming out.

“there it is!” he called and ran for it and grabbed it.

“I know I know, go ahead.” His coach laughed and just gestured for his athlete to go on ahead. He knew how desperate he was to see Yisoo. Youngwoon bowed and thanked him before leaving.

H

Please log in to read the full chapter