Final

One Christmas Day

 

Snowflakes were falling.
It was that beautiful time of the year.
Christmas.
 
I could hear laughter all around me, it was like music to my ears.
I looked around and saw many happy faces..and of course the giant Christmas tree.
 
Couples were skating around the ice rink, holding hands. I sighed. If only my life could be that romantic.
 
A hand waved in front of my face.
Luhan.
 
"Zoning out again Rae?"
"Pretty much."
 
I glanced at what he was wearing. A simple knitted t-shirt and jeans. Oh and a striped beanie. He could look good in simple things like that. Typical.
 
Luhan was my childhood bestie. Yup he's a boy. And I'm a girl. And we are best friends. If you were wondering if I ever liked him in any way..I don't. He's simply just my best friend.
 
Right now we're at a skating rink because Lulu decided that he wanted to go there. I have no idea why he wants me to come along though. He's pretty enough to get asked out on a date by many girls. I meant handsome.
 
Anyway after putting on some skates we stepped into the rink and whee..I really miss skating.
 
"It's been a while since we last skated. This is fun!!!" I shouted to Luhan who had no problem skating as fast as me.
 
"Yeahh I haven't had so much fun in a long loooong time!!!" he shouted back.
 
He skated around me and finally towards me. I panicked, thinking that he was about to crash into me so I lost my footing and fell..
 
Well not really. In that split second, somehow Luhan managed to catch me. My heart thumped in my chest.
 
"You okay?" he said, looking worried.
 
"Yeah..fine.." I replied, heart beating too fast to think properly.
 
After all the skating, we were exhausted. Really exhausted. Luhan came to the table I resting at with two mugs of hot chocolate.
 
"Here." he said, passing me the hot chocolate while sitting down. Our hands brushed pass each other and he quickly retracted his. What in the world?
 
"Thanks." I said to him and smiled a little. He laughed awkwardly and looked down at his mug.
 
Something's off. He's usually not so awkward around me. I pushed that thought away. Maybe something happened with his friends or family. 
 
Oh so THAT'S why he asked me to go skating with him. Either way, I'm suppose to distract him from whatever's troubling him. Right??
 
"Soo..how many of your fangirls asked you out this time? 20?"
 
"Haha well about there.." he said rubbing his neck awkwardly.
 
"And you didn't accept any of them? Wow. None of them caught your eyes? Or heart? Or whatever?"
 
"Not really. You see, I already like someone but she didn't ask me out."
 
"Really?! Someone finally grew up huh. Hmm..then why don't you ask her out?"
 
"Uhh I did."
 
"And she rejected you? Is that even possible? Maybe she was just nervous, ya know-"
 
"Rae."
 
"What?"
 
"Can you close your eyes for a while?"
 
"Why?!"
 
"And keep quiet."
 
"..." I closed my eyes. And shut my mouth of course.
 
Next thing I felt was something soft and warm on my lips.
 
I opened my eyes in surprise saw Luhan's closed eyes. His eyelashes were long. My heart started racing. Wait what? Why is my best friend kissing me?!
 
I was about to push him away when he moved away himself. I could still feel the pressure of his lips.
 
Best friends aren't suppose to kiss right?!
 
I could still my heart beating.
 
Luhan was flushed red. In another situation this would have been hilarious but I'm really confused right now.
 
"Umm..Rae? I-"
 
"Lulu did you just kiss me?!" I sounded incredulous.
 
"I'm sorry! I just wanted to..uhh..look, I really like you Rae. I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way."
 
My heart was still pounding. Oh gosh can it stop racing I can't think. I glanced and saw Luhan's cherry red lips then looked down again.
 
Luhan likes me?!
 
"I'm really sorry Rae just forget about it."
 
"I don't want to."
 
"I understa-huh?!"
 
"I like you too Luhan." 
Oh my gosh I said it. So I do like him that way. No wonder my heart always beats fast when he got too close.
 
I cringed inside, this is SOO mushy.
 
"You do?"
 
The sound of Luhan's voice snapped me out of my endless thoughts of self realisation. (woah took me that long..)
 
I looked up at him and he was smiling widely like a Cheshire cat. I could literally see sparks flying out of his huge brown doe eyes. My heart started to pound even faster. So this is how it feels like to fall in love..
 
Luhan leaned forward and kissed me again, smiling. The warmth of his lips spread throughout my body, making me feel warm and fluffy inside.
 
I started to smile too.
 
This is really one of the most beautiful, most unforgettable Christmas of my life.