Cold-Hearted Superior [2]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona was sitting at the bar with Yuri opposite her behind the counter, her tears still running down her face with every mouthful of alcohol she consumed. 

Since the bar was in the company, Yoona didn't have to worry about anyone seeing her or spoiling her reputation. She was dead tired of pretending and being strong all the time. She couldn't hold her liquor well but here she was drinking to her heart's content. 

“Miss Im, you shouldn't drink so much.” Yuri leaned over the counter and took the glass from Yoona, chugging the rest of the contents down. “Hey, your m-mixing is actually q-quite de-decent…” Yoona slurred at Yuri, pointing a lazy finger at her secretary. She insisted on having Yuri make a few drinks for her since Yuri used to be a bartender as a part-time job in the past. 

Yuri smiled and mixed another one in, making sure that none had any alcohol inside. Yoona watched her secretary mix the drinks as to her preference and she wondered why Yuri was being so nice to her unlike the other subordinates. “Yah, why are you being so nice to me? Are you like a double-agent or something?” Are you working for Seohyun and this is all an act to see what I'm planning?” Yoona was rambling on and on, ignoring Yuri who was busy trying to keep her quiet. 

‘Aish, really… If I was working for Miss Seo, I won't bother taking your scolding.’

Before Yuri could let Yoona try the next drink, she found her boss sleeping on the counter with her hair shielding her face. Unable to hold back a smile, Yuri climbed over the counter and took a seat beside Yoona.

Yuri couldn't hide her broad grin; Yoona was actually really beautiful and yet she seemed to be the only one who bothered to take notice of her hidden beauty. The others were scared off by her hot temper and coldness to them, judging Yoona without even getting to know her. 

“W-Wait.. Miss Im, where do you live? Yah, Miss Im?” Yuri shook Yoona very gently and accidentally pulled her a bit too hard, causing Yoona to fall back into her arms limply. 

‘Oh great…”

 

 

Yuri patted her bike in the car park and walked towards the main road with Yoona on her back. Yoona was playing with Yuri's hair before she caught sight of the pair of shades hanging in front of Yuri's collar. Taking the pair of shades, Yoona placed them on her face.

“Why can't I see anything? Aigoo, so useless!” Yoona slurred, trying to figure out why everything had turned black all of a sudden. “Those are shades, Miss Im. You don't wear them at night. Take them off…” Yuri chuckled before her eyes widened in shock and utter horror. 

Yoona had flung her shades onto the ground, causing the glass to separate from the frame. Since she was drunk, Yuri let it go. It wasn't like she only had one pair of shades anyway. Picking it up with much difficulty, Yuri continued making her way towards the main road. 

“Taxi, Taxi!!”

Yuri flagged her arm out and fist pumped, successfully getting the cab. She opened the door and turned, letting Yoona go in first. Yuri decided to bring Yoona back to her apartment because she had no clue where Yoona lived whatsoever and it was easier for her to take care of her boss. 

Feeling a weight on her lap, Yuri looked down. She saw Yoona crying in her sleep, tears flowing from the corner of her eyes. She never expected the woman everyone dubbed Ice Deer was nothing more than a fragile, soft-hearted girl who was secretly lonely. The tanned girl's fingers unconsciously went to Yoona's face, wiping away the tears very gently so as to not wake her boss up from her deep slumber.. 

“You're really beautiful, Miss Im…”

Though it didn’t seem like it, Yoona was already awake; she actually awoke after feeling Yuri’s fingers caress her face ever-so-gently. Deciding to stay silent, she hadn't expected those words to come from her secretary. The secretary that she always berated so harshly and kept under a tight rein just said she was beautiful. 

How was she supposed to feel? 

Succumbing to the alcohol and exhaustion, Yoona snuggled closer to Yuri's stomach and felt her own heart skip a couple of beats. 

 

Yuri carried Yoona all the way from the cab to her apartment on level 24, making sure Yoona didn't slide off her back. She opened the door and ran in, placing Yoona on the sofa. Yoona looked light but Yuri was ready to collapse after carrying her for so long. She looked towards Yoona with heaving shoulders, amazed at Yoona's beauty once more. She was going to break down those cruel walls of Yoona's heart and reveal the genuine Im Yoona everyone's supposed to know instead of the cold-hearted one. 

“Miss Im… Wake up, I'll prepare a drink for you...” Yuri shook Yoona gently and finally, the doe-eyed girl's eyes fluttered open. “Hm…” Yoona looked around and saw herself in an unfamiliar place, before focusing on the girl in front of her. “Y-Yuri? Where are we?” Yuri rubbed the back of her neck shyly, not realising that she was still on her knees in front of the sofa, “We're at my place. I didn't know where you lived and you couldn't wake up so I brought you here.”

Yoona bit back her giggle and tried to sit up before she fell back on her side, she was too groggy to even sit up straight. The tanned girl got up and offered a hand to Yoona, supporting her boss. “I'll prepare a hot drink and some aspirin for you, okay? Looks like your headache is kicking in earlier than normal.” Yuri walked towards the kitchen, leaving Yoona alone to her tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter