Game Over

No Game

Eyes squinted in deep concentration and with holded breath, the young girl waits patiently...

 

"Sunny!"

 

"KYAH!" surprised by the sudden intrusion of her roommate, Sunny jumps and almost drops her video game.

 

"Oh. Did I surprise you?" Taeyeon asks worriedly, hiding half of her face behind the door.  

 

 

"Yeah, you did. Kinda." Sunny chuckles. "Ahh... Now I died," she sighs as she looks at the screen, a sad pout on her face. Taeyeon closes the door and walks over slowly, her face hung down in guilt.

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

"Nah, don't be. It's alright." Sunny puts her video game down on her lap and when Taeyeon sits down next to her, she rubs her bestfriend's back, smiling reassuringly at her. "Did you want something?" Taeyeon suddenly remembers why she came in the first place.

 

"Yeah. It was just for dinner. We decided to go to the restaurant tonight with the others. Nobody wants to cook. Way too lazy girls."

 

"Arasso? I understand," she chuckles and picks up her game, starting over where she failed. Her face turns serious in an instant, that deep focused stare taking in everything and enables her to solve the mystery in less than a minute. Taeyeon lies down on the bed and lets out a deep sigh. She stares at the ceiling, waiting for her friend to move or say something. Anything. But nothing happens. She turns her head to look at Sunny again, wondering if the girl even acknowledges her presence.

 

"Mmm.... Sunny?" Taeyeon calls out with a timid voice.

 

"Mmm..?" mumbles the gamer, way too engrossed in the virtual world in her hands to find proper words. And that's enough for Taeyeon.

 

"You really should stop playing so much!" with that said, Taeyeon snatches Sunny's video game.

 

"Taeyeon!!!" Sunny shouts in shock. She launches herself at Taeyeon, trying to grab and take back her video game before it was too late. They fight an even fight, leaving no choice but to use other and not so fair means. Sunny knows of all Taeyeon's ticklish spots and so she tickles her. Hard. Taeyeon's reaction is instantanous, she jerks and squirms, not able to control her body anymore. She gets into this too and, forgetting the video game altogether, responds in the tickle war Sunny started. They both laugh uncontrollably, their bodies going completely crazy. As a last resort to survive, Taeyeon wraps herself tightly around Sunny and rolls them over, trapping Sunny's arms down her own sides. They're out of breath and takes this opportunity to even it. Taeyeon props herself up and gazes down at Sunny. They both break into wide smiles, joyfulness filling their beings to the brim. Everything else disappears for a short moment. And suddenly, it happens. Their lips meet. It didn't even last a second; would Sunny have blinked, she wouldn't have seen it.

 

"D-Did...Did you just... Kiss me?" Sunny stammers, her heart beating wildly out of her chest.

 

"Yeah I did," Taeyeon nods, a hint of pride in her voice. Sunny laughs nervously, not really knowing how to react to what has just occured.

 

"Yah! It was my first kiss!" she complains after having put herself together, slapping Taeyeon's shoulder.

 

"I can give you another one. It'll be your second kiss," Taeyeon shrugs and all Sunny can do is laugh again. Is Taeyeon being serious now? No, she can't be. Once again, the danshin slaps the leader's shoulder, her nose scrunched up.

 

"Don't play with me." And as if to close the already awkward topic, Sunny pushes Taeyeon to the side and sits up. She reaches out to grab her video game which is just at arm length from her on the bed. Having already solved this puzzle just earlier, Sunny does it in a flash once again. But then, she feels something warm snake around her waist. "Taee—" Sunny begins with a rather threatening voice. She's cut short when Taeyeon's lips meet her cheek. And her jaw. Then her neck. And every other inch of her skin showing. "Taeyeon!" she cries out before erupting in a fit of giggles caused by the tickling lips. But Taeyeon doesn't stop here and pushes Sunny down on the bed to straddle her.

 

"Have you finished?" Taeyeon wonders out loud. Sunny, perplexed, doesn't answers. The kid leader grabs her fatal ennemy, this darn Nintendo DS from Sunny's hands and throws it on the other bed. "Game over." She simply mutters. They stare at each other in silence. "I've always wanted to kiss you," Taeyeon admits. Sunny tries to find in Taeyeon's eyes exactly what is going on with her but she finds nothing else but honesty. Her eyes lower down slightly and fall on her lips, curled in that dorky way of hers that it makes Sunny so tempted to kiss her too. Taeyeon doesn't notice it however.

 

"Why now?" Sunny inquiries. And Taeyeon wonders too. She has thought about how to approach the girl. She has thought of the perfect words, repeated them countless times in her head. Somewhere, in a place where they would be alone. Not in the dorms, not in their room. Somewhere romantic. She has thought of giving her something nice like a rose when confessing. A box of chocolate on Valentine's day. A perfect view on a starry night sky. All of these plans never came to life though for Taeyeon was way too scared of the consequences of the action. So why kiss Sunny suddenly now?

 

"I just... It just came to me... Naturally."

 

Sunny's smile grows and she wraps her arms around Taeyeon's neck.

 

"You know Taengoo... I think I've found a new game to play."

 

Taeyeon's eyes go wide. "No. No more games." She frowns and shakes her head.

 

Sunny's smile turns into a grin. "There are only two players. You and... Me. And it's called the game of love."

 

While Taeyeon is too busy taming her crazy heart, Sunny pulls her down and gives her one of the first countless kisses to come.

 


It took me longer to send this in because I'm on mobile and the thing didn't wanna paste so I had to type the whole story -_-

Anyhow, hope that you like it ! Cheesy much uh ? xD Sorry for that :x