Medical Top Team

Lee Taemin: SM's Best Spy

lee_taemin_lucifer_by_yamimariklovesyou-

 

 

I know it's pretty silly to name a chapter after a Korean drama series, but it fits into the idea of hospitals and everything so well, so I decided to just base it on that... For those who haven't seen it yet, you MUST WATCH IT ~ It also stars Choi Minho in it!!! :3

 

 

 

"Do you... think he's okay...?"

"Of course, he's okay! It's just a few bruises and stitches here and there. Nothing much..."

"I don't know sir... he doesn't look pretty well, if you ask me."

"Oh for goodness sake–"

 

 

 

"Look, he's waking up! Call a doctor!" a young male's voice echoed around the room. He sounded urgent, for a reason the patient in bed didn't seem to understand.

 

Some minor shuffling noises were heard, along with a couple of people moving around quickly to make way for the doctors who ran in with portable medical equipment in their hands, and a murmur of whispers in the background.  

 

A tall and lean man, said to be the age of around thirty or so, burst into the infirmary room with another six of his team members behind him.

 

He immediately shot a quick glance at the rest of the doctors, whom all began checking for anything unusual showing up on the screen monitors beside the bed.

 

Slowly, but very surely, their most vulnerable and fragile patient yet began to open their eyes.

 

Taemin's eyelids slowly fluttered open and the doctors patiently waited for a response to all their questions like: "Mr. Lee, can you hear me?" ~ "If you're awake then please move your fingers for us?" and such and such.

 

The brave and strong teenager squeezed his eyes shut immediately as a pound of pain pierced through his rib area, and the bright white light of the hospital ward was blinding him.

 

A female nurse took the palm of his hands to her own and checked for a pulse rate on the wrist directly under the thumb. She nodded a few times and gestured to everyone that he was fine... for now.

 

Taemin felt his head spinning and a wave of nausea overcame him soon as he opened his mouth to speak. But no words managed to be heard. His neck probably ached from having the oxygen mask in and surrounding his mouth  and nose for so long with the tubing going down his throat.

 

He tried swallowing down his own saliva but his throat felt too dry, that he could almost choke on his own breath. There were wires attached around his head, neck and chest and it didn't help to have needles taped to his arms providing him with the necessary fluids he needed, as well as blood transfusion. The all sorts.  

 

His entire waist was wrapped finely with bandages, and more wires were attached all over his bare chest. Fortunately, it was only the first few buttons of the official hospital shirt that were undone.

 

The main doctor who came rushing in to see him first, heaved a sigh of relief as Taemin murmured something they couldn't understand. Although he couldn't talk properly yet, it was a relief that he was still breathing and living as hoped.

 

At first, everything the boy saw was all just a blur, but as more and more seconds ticked by, it seemed as though his sight was becoming clearer. "It pleases my heart that you've woken up" the man said, with an arm crossed over his chest.

 

Taemin only blinked a few times. He was utterly confused.

 

What is going on...?, he thought confusedly and felt his head spinning, his eyes still half closed. Why are they all looking at me as if I survived an accident? Where am I?

Where's Hyun Ae...? Is she alright?

 

 

"I'm Chief Han Seung Jae" the older introduced himself in a polite and formal manner. "I'm the Head Director and founder of Korea's most efficient and elaborate doctor's group, Medical Top Team."   

 

Taemin inwardly sighed and just wished all this talking was done and over with. So far, everyone has been told to keep quiet, as loud sounds would disturb the patient and his unwell state. He just about managed to nod, only very slightly, and stare at all the people around him, who all looked back at him.

 

Though his head wasn't working and his mind was flooding with new information, he memorised every detail of the room, including everyone in it. Even when he was strapped up in bed with wires stuck to his head, Lee Taemin was still a spy. And all agents knew that it was vital to be aware of your surroundings; no matter where you were.

 

"You're probably wondering why you are in hospital, right?" a beautiful-looking woman with long dark hair tied in a high ponytail said, with concerned eyes twinkling like stars. She was well known as 'Professor Seo', the best thoracic surgeon known.

 

He was barely able to shake his head, yet the doctor understood anyway.

 

"Apparently, you were hit by the side of a very heavy lorry and bumped into another upcoming car" she began to explain in the most considerate way possible, ensuring that she didn't upset the patient.

 

"Luckily for you, our team of the greatest doctors in this hospital have operated and performed an emergency surgery just in time..."

 

Oh, I guess that's what happened..., Taemin thought. It all makes sense now... I think.

 

After a lot of talking about his condition and how well the treatment went was done, which he began to fall asleep to as he found it all so boring, a man in a black suit and tie purposefully cleared his throat and asked the audience ever so kindly to leave the room so he can have a quick chat with the teenager.

 

He made sure that every one was out of the room, except for his assistant who stood quietly beside him of course, before he turned fully around to face the boy in casualty.

 

Taemin knew the guy from somewhere before... but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.  

 

"Mr. Lee, you are a shame to our secret intelligence agency" he almost whispered and spoke in a menacing and ungentle tone. "Not only have you let your fans down, but most importantly, you have disobeyed our great leader and boss, Lee Sooman."  

 

"Wahdieytoro" was all they heard escaping from Taemin's lips, for he still had the oxygen mask over his nose and mouth. What he was meant to say was: 'what did I do wrong?' Unfortunately, they couldn't understand a word but knew what was generally supposed to have been said.

 

The man's companion and 'assistant' stepped up and continued. "Firstly you have left the SM premises without lawful permission and in the middle of an important conference, for what? Just some girl...?"

 

Taemin felt his blood boil with anger. No one makes fun of Hyun Ae, who wasn't 'just some girl', and definitely not him either. But he kept calm and quiet – not like he could answer back and argue, anyway.   

 

"Second of all, you have landed us in an unnecessary difficult preposterous position by getting yourself hit by two vehicles!" the assistant said angrily in an uproar, as if it were the boy's fault.

 

People would've wondered what the hell was going in that room, but it was a good thing that the walls, doors and windows were all sound-proof. Not a good thing for Taemin, that is.  

 

"What do you have to say for yourself?!" the man in a higher rank questioned and walked a little closer towards the bed.

 

Taemin felt like he should back away a little, but couldn't because of all the stupid medical equipment around him and his body.

 

The person in suit and tie, who was really a cold-hearted demon other than what everyone thought him as, and who also went by the title 'Vice President', grabbed the collar of Taemin's hospital shirt and yanked his frail body upwards till their faces were only just an inch away from each others.

 

He winced as a piercing pain was sent through his spinal cord and ribs again. Taemin stared at him with what looked a little bit like fear, with eyes wide and open. "Answer me, then!" the Vice President growled over his face and held the poor boy like a vulnerable wimp rag doll.

 

There was a long moment of awkward silence, from both sides. Then it hit the man: the oxygen mask was what was preventing him from speaking.

 

Without question, he grabbed the mask and tore it off his mouth. He wasn't surprised to see Taemin beginning to breathe harsh and unevenly with difficulty. But it wasn't like neither of the two men cared. Sure, they might not have as much power as the founding chairman of SM Entertainment, but they did follow and take the rules of the security of their country seriously. Maybe a bit too seriously.

 

Hours seemed to have passed by with the two officials speaking hauntingly down Taemin's neck, warning him of all the dangers that could come before him and how he ruined his own life.

 

His eyes began to shut close, not much air or consciousness left much in him, and his head began to fall back.

 

The man noticed this and it didn't bother him that he might end up killing him at all. Instead, he shook the teenager's body as if that would keep him living. "Did you even hear me?!"

 

"No offence, but..." Taemin began to speak with nearly half the strength he had from when he first woke up, coughing in between words. "I'd rather watch paint dry than hear you talk..."

 

The Vice President had no expression on his face, and Taemin wasn't sure if the man was ticked off with his unresponsive behaviour, or if he didn't understand that he was just called boring. Either way, he couldn't tell what the man was thinking.

 

 

Or what he was about to do...  

 

 

Yeah, so you can kinda think of this as an 'introductory chapter', and I promise the next chapter will be better. I'd love to know what you think of this story so far, and have a nice weekend! ^_^