Final

Dancing In The Rain

        It was a rainy Saturday evening. People were running for shelter. Except for those with umbrellas, of course. For me, I was waiting for that someone in a bookstore. The place we first met two years ago. I remember running my fingers through the books on the shelves. At the Young Adults section. That was where I saw her. She was reading the plot summary at the back of a book titled Clockwork Angel. She was beautiful. Her hair was straight and swept over her right shoulder. She was wearing a plain white t-shirt tucked into her black jeans underneath a dark blue blazer with her sleeves slightly rolled up and a black knapsack hanging over one of her shoulders. I could not stop staring. She put the book back to where she got it and looked to my direction and smiled when she saw me. I blushed a little and said hi. That was how our first conversation started.

 

    “Jiyong! I’m sorry I’m late. Krystal needed some help with school work just now.” I heard her voice and felt her soft lips on my cheek. “Should we get going now? The rain has stopped.” she said. 

 

    I nodded before I slipped my fingers in between hers and both of us made our way to the exit of the bookstore. Jessica’s closest friend since childhood, Tiffany was getting married to Seunghyun and Jessica, as the bridesmaid, wanted to have the perfect dress for the wedding though she’d been told that any dress she wears would look perfect on her. 

 

    I was waiting for her to get out of the fitting room while texting with Seunghyun. I laughed as I read his text. He’d told me Tiffany had been trying out 15 dresses and still couldn’t find anything that she liked. The worse thing was that she was having her period and Seunghyun had to calm her down and endured her mood swings.

 

    “Ji, why are you laughing? And who are you texting? Some other girl is it?” I looked up from my phone screen and saw her glaring at me with her arms crossed. 

 

     I smiled. “Yeah, you know that cousin of yours from New Jersey? Ailee? She gave me her phone number, so I thought I should text her.” I smirked and her jaw dropped.

 

     She walked towards me and gave a slap on my arm as I groaned in pain.

 

     “Kwon Jiyong! How could you! Stop texting her right now and change your number too!” she exclaimed and gave me another slap on my other arm. 

 

     I rubbed both of the spots where she had hit me after another and said “Hey, I was kidding alright. She did give me her number but I threw the paper away. You can check my messages and contacts if you want. It was Seunghyun.” I leaned in and placed my lips on her cheek. 

 

     “I swear if it was a girl I’ll kill you.” She said. 

 

     I moved my lips from her cheek slowly to the side of her lips and muttered “I’ll give you the gun to do so.” and pulled my lips away.

 

     “Anyway, what do you think of this dress?” Jessica asked as she spun around. I smiled because she was looking extremely breathtaking in that white evening gown.

 

    “You look beautiful. Too beautiful.” I said as I stared at her.

 

    “I was asking about the dress, Jiyong, not me.” she rolled her eyes at me and smirked. 

 

    “Any dress on you look amazing.” I told her. I wrapped my arm around her waist as she wrapped hers around my neck loosely and leaned in to give a peck on my lips.

 

    “I know.” she said smugly and I chuckled.

 

    “So you’re taking this one? I mean this really look perfect on you.”

 

    She rolled her eyes at me again. “You just want to get out of this shop quickly don’t you?” she asked and raised one of her eyebrows.

 

    “Well, yes, but the fact that it looks perfect on you is not a lie.” 

 

    “Don’t flatter me, Jiyong.” she smiled. 

 

    “I love you so much.”

 

    “I was supposed to say those words first!” 

 

    I laughed. She was always so adorable.

 

    

 

    When we got out of the shop it was raining again but it was heavier. I looked at Jessica who was smiling so widely. She loved the rain. She always loved rainy days better than sunny days. 

 

    “Come, quick we need to get sheltered!” she said before she grabbed my hands and pulled me to the bus stop across the shop.

 

    “It’s quiet here.” I said after we both sat on the bench provided at the bus stop. 

 

    “It’s always quiet here. Especially during the weekends. Not many people come to this place. You’ve never noticed?”

 

    “This place is unfamiliar to me except for the James and Jenny’s bookstore and I don’t really go here during the weekends.” I told her and she nodded.

 

    “We probably missed the bus just now and the next one will be here in another half an hour.” she sighed. “I’m hungry already.”

 

     I chuckled. “Do you wanna eat anywhere or do you want me to get food while you stay here?” I asked.

 

     She pouted. “No, you don’t have to. Krystal texted me saying mum made dinner already and she said you can join us too. Please do, I mean, it’s been awhile since you last ate dinner with my family.” 

 

     “Yeah, sure. My parents aren’t home anyway and I don’t want to eat instant ramen everyday.” I smiled and took her hand and held it. The rain was still pouring. I looked from left to right and the roads were empty. No vehicles at all. I smiled as I thought of a thing to do. 

 

      “Wanna do something crazy?” I looked at Jessica who seemed to be looking at me with confusion in her face.

 

      “What?” she asked. 

 

      “Dance with me.” I smiled and pulled her to the middle of the road. 

 

       The rain was making both of us soaked but I didn’t care and I knew she didn’t too. I put both of my hands on her waist and she wrapped her arms around my neck loosely. 

 

       “What the hell Jiyong?” she laughed.

 

       “Shut up and just dance with me. I’m being romantic here.”

 

       She snorted before I leaned in and put my lips against hers.

 

       “I love you so much” she muttered in between the kiss.

 

        “Congratulations! You said it first this time.” I joked.

 

        “Goodness, don’t ruin the moment Jiyong.” she groaned.

 

        I lifted her up and spun her around as her laughter filled the air.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Here's a cheesy JiSica one-shot for you guys. It's the school holidays right now and I was having an unproductive day so why not lol :)