One Shot

XXX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany shifted into another pose as the bright lights of the cameras focused on her. Smiling brightly, she tried to not let her thoughts get to her as she looked back and forth between the photographers and reporters. Changing pose once again, she kept the corners of her lips up as best as she possibly could when she caught a glimpse of a familiar bob of hair.

That wasn't him. You didn't see him. Feeling her heart thump against her ribcage, Tiffany moved into one last pose before heading towards the side of the stage. Giving a wink to Sunny who was in front of her, she gave her friend and fellow bandmate a quick squeeze of her hands before smiling encouragingly to her. Letting Sunny slide past her to the on waiting lights of the cameras, Tiffany slipped stealthily away to the V.I.P area of the event, choosing to wait by the punch table until her friend was done with her own hoard of flashing lights. 

Pouring herself a drink, Tiffany gave a wandering eye around the area as she caught eye contact of Song Ji Hyo, Lee Soo Hyuk and other celebrities that had attended the event. Smiling politely to any of them who had also been looking in her direction, she continued to look around as her eyes fell upon Clara and two other people. Her breath was caught in .

Tiffany watched their interaction with curiousity as the actress at the far end of the floor began to laugh. GD and Taeyang. Taking another sip, she felt a tingle run up her spine as GDs fitted laughter floated across the room. She stared secretly as the corners of his mouth twitched into a small smile. Feeling a flush of heat rise up to her cheeks, she took another sip before darting her eyes around the room, making sure that no one had caught her staring.

Looking back at the man in front of her, she smiled bitterly as she remembered the exact same words that had pained her teenage heart all those years ago.

"My ideal is Yoona."

Yoona.

Yoona.

Yoona.

The name of her friend had haunted her for the days of the remaining year. Yoona, Yoona, Yoona. Everybody's ideal type was Yoona. That fact didn't matter to her though. It was raging jealously she had felt when Yoona's name had came out of his mouth. The only person that seemed to matter to her at that point. The one who was on the otherside of her one-sided infatuation had said another girls name. Tiffany remembered looking at her friend with a tight smile then. Everybody had been smiling and laughing on the broadcast; joking about the two...she however, had been trying to keep up her composure. Yoona. Should it have been such a surprise though? Not really. Yoona was a wonderful girl, and with a bright and innocent personality. It wouldn' have been a surprise to anyone that she was picked often.

Ahh, where was she again?

The disappointment.

Tiffany didn't know when it had begun. Was it when they were on Running Man together? Or was it when she caught glimpses of him picking up his band members when they did that mini variety drama with the other girls. She honestly did not know. All she knew then was how her heart had felt every time she had seen him. The way her faced heated up when she heard his voice.

It was annoying to say the least.

Although she had matured enough to not let her feelings overwhelm her, she still had that light hearted ache whenever she saw him at events, or listened to his silky voice on radio broadcasts. The pitterpatter of her heart was enough to let her know that she still had a lingering crush on GD.

Crush.

Its been so long already. Would it really be considered that?

Or...

Love at first sight.

Chuckling softly to herself, Tiffany finished her drink just as someone had called her name; pulling her back into the reality of the situation. It would never matter anyways. She would never have him. 

Turning around, Tiffany caught glimpse of Sunny as she made her way towards her.

"Let's go!" Sunny said brightly as she grabbed Tiffany's hands. "We have another venue to get to!"

Laughing lightly at her friends exuberant attitude, she nodded in agreement before being dragged to the exits where their manger had been waiting for them. Turning her head slightly to look around the crowd, she gave him another longing glance before concentrating on her bubbly friend. 

Unbeknown to her, a pair of eyes looked up just as she left. 


 

--


 

' Misunderstanding is always the cause of pain.


Well, I don’t even know myself...


So my hope for you to know me is a misunderstanding itself. '

 

Tiffany yawned as the constant ringing of her doorbell continued to sound throughout her flat. Groaning at her aching limbs from the days workout, she sat up from her bed before using her feet to find her slippers. Standing up swiftly, she flattened her nightgown before heading out her room, passing the living room and towards the front door. Not bothering to check the peeper, she opened a crack of the door to see Hyoyeons beaming face before letting her friend come in. Stepping aside, she yawned again as Seohyun also popped along. Smiling tiredly at her two friends, she began to shut her door when another force held it in place.

Puzzled by the motion, she peeked her head outside before coming face to face with someone whom she've met before, but never spoken with.

"A-ah..." Tiffany started to gape while her friends behind of her could be heard giggling. "W-what are you doing here?"

She questioned, rubbing her eyes lightly as she opened the door further, letting him in as well while noting that there was nobody else behind him.

Finally able to shut the door, she turned around to face the three people in her living space as they all looked sheepishly at her.

"...what." 

"Sorry if I'm intruding, I know we haven't personally conversed with each other before." Taeyang started out, giving her a smile. Taking out his hand, he held it out for a shake, to which she gave before being pulled in for a hug. Surprised by the movement, she patted his back lightly before pulling away slowly.

"You are a strange one." Tiffany grinned, clasping her hands together. "So...what brings you all to my home tonight?"

"Well...as you know, the MAMA's just finished tonight..." Hyoyeon trailed, looking at her friend with a pleading glance.

Oh yes, the MAMAs were tonight!

Tiffany would've went as well if it weren't for her schedule that had already been filled with other plans. However though, it seemed like Hyoyeon and Seohyun had a good time, which didn't matter if she went or not. As long as her groupmates had filled the deed, and had enjoyed it as well. That was what was most important. Enjoying your work.

"...and Hyoyeon forgot her keys." Seohyun continued.

"...and you know Seohyun was going to stay over for a sleepover since we have another venue together tomorrow..." Hyoyeon murmured.

"...but the condo management isn't opened until 6am...so...we decided to come here!" Seohyun finished, grinning uncertainly as she looked at her with pleading eyes.

"We can't bother the other girls because we know you're the one who wouldn't care if we came to your place so late at night." Hyoyeon begged jokingly, "Pany, Pany, Pannnnnnnyyyyyy!"

"Yah!" Tiffany laughed, pushing the two of her friends lightly, "You know you never have to ask when you come over. Do whatever you want! However though...that doesn't explain why this guy is here."

Tiffany pointed, eye brow raised as Taeyang seemed to had shrunk behind Hyoyeon for protection. Interesting. She never thought she looked like the scary type. 

"Well, we decided to take the girls home since it was so late at night, but then he had to drop off Rin while I escorted them up so...I'm here till he comes to get me!" Taeyang quickly explained as Tiffany pretended to walk to him, but instead had passed right by to go to the kitchen. Since they were here already, it was best to make her guests some tea and snacks incase they were hungry.

"Eh, he? Rin?" Tiffany asked, her mind quickly guessing CL, though Hyoyeon confirmed her suspicions.

"Yes! Chae-rin, and GD! They both looked pretty close." Hyoyeon joked, ertedly as she began to chuckle like a maniac.

"Snap out of it! You're embarrassing us." Seohyun whispered before slapping her friend lightly on the head.

"Yah! Don't say it like that." Taeyang grinned, taking on Hyoyeon's joking nature. "They are good friends but nothing like that...even if someone was interested." 

Taeyang smiled as he quickly changed the topic, leaving the one before into the dust as the girls began to talk with him about something else.

Tiffany however, was in a frozen state of mind as she made the tea.

GD.

He had just been outside of her apartment! He knew where she lived!

...and was taking CL home.

'...even if someone was interested.' 

Even though Taeyang hadn't implied who, Tiffany automatically guessed it was GD who had felt that way.

Why not?

CL was fierce, and firey. A beauty, and a hell of a rapper to boot. They both had so much in common so it wasn't rare that he would feel interested and attracted to her. Frowning in the her disappointment, Tiffany knew she couldn't complain when she herself had only talked to him a few times in the time she had started up in the industry, unlike CL who was able to talk to him every day when they were from the same company.

Although their conversations were often on light matters because they were never given enough time to talk, Tiffany had always cherished those times because he had been finally laughing with her. His eyes were shining because of something she said. And even though she knew she couldn't take all those looks and moments out of context, she just wished he was thinking about her as much as she was. She wished he felt at least a spark of something for her so that they would be able to get to know each other more ...maybe evolve it into something to at least a friendship where she can watch him from close by.

Tiffany knew it was impossible though.

It was just no way he would ever even think of being friends with her.

Yoona. Now CL.

They were just too different.

"The tea's ready!"


 

--

 

Tiffany stood to the side as she watched the other host question the remaining artists. It was the year end MC Music Festival, and she was chosen to be one of the 2 MC's. It had been another exciting night as a MC for her hosting experience. The whole show was festive with applauses, congratulations and wonderful performances. If only she wasn't so nervous about him being there.

Glancing up, she felt her breath hitch as she saw him. It was always like that when he was in her presence. 

Darting her eyes around, Tiffany looked down at the ground before looking back up, blushing quickly as she came face to face with another Big Bang member. What was up with these guys? It seemed like they were every where nowadays...and it seemed like this one caught her staring too. 

Feeling a bit shy, and hoping she wasn't caught looking like a love sick puppy at GD, Tiffany murmured quietly, "Annyeong."

Looking at her curiously, T.O.P returned the greeting before bowing slightly, his mouth curving into a small grin; like he knew a innocent secret of hers. 

Tiffany opened to say something, but stopped when T.O.P took a quick turn a round to look at GD before turning to look at her again. Getting puzzled over the moment since GD was doing nothing but talking to the other MC, Tiffany looked around her as well and noticed the other artists talking amongst themselves. The show was apparently wrapped up, and it was free time after broadcast for them to mingle. 

Glancing back at T.O.P, she noticed how patiently he was looking at her to speak. "T.O.P ssi..."

"Please call me Seunghyun." He cut her off ,rather quickly at that before smiling, "I think we should be past the formalities now...I don't want to be calling you Mushfany if you insist on calling me T.O.P."

"Y-yah! Where did you get that from?!" Tiffany started to say loudly, but quiet down as she noticed the turned heads from her raised voice. 

"I know a lot." Seunghyun joked cryptically, giving another smile. "You were good today."

Feeling the heat rise on her cheeks from the compliment, Tiffany decided to just play along. "Thank you Seunghyun...ssi."

"Drop that as well!" He chuckled, noting that she was joking with him.

"Not that that is a bad thing for using some honourifics, but maybe that'll annoy you enough for you to be using one of my worst nicknames!" Tiffany laughed, finally letting loose a bit as a warm glow crossed his face.

Smiling sheepishly back at her, they continued to talk about random things before she felt a uncomfortable sensation travelling up her neck, like someone was watching them.

Noticing her discomfort, Seunghyun looked around before he turned and walked away, motioning for her to follow him. Confused, Tiffany followed before she noticed she was being led to the other member that had captured her heart. GD.

"A-anyeong, GD ssi..." Tiffany greeted, bowing slightly before looking at him with scrunched eyebrows.

His expression seemed less than pleased.

"It's Jiyong." He said, his smile tight while reciprocating a slight head bow before walking away. 

Hurt by his indifferent actions, Tiffany looked at Seunghyun, who also seemed puzzled by his friend. Giving Tiffany his apologies, she smiled sadly before he left, waving a small goodbye as he chased after his friend who was half way through the crowd. Why was he like that? He was always pleasant enough before ...

Patting her heart gently, she murmured to herself, "It shouldn't be a surprised to you by now...you're nothing special."

 

--

 

"Tippaaaaannny. TIPPPAAANNNY. Hurry up! Let's go!" Yuri cheered as she finished her last flight of stairs. It was bad luck on her part that the elevators had stopped working, and they had to climb up all the way to the 10th floor for a condo party. Seriously. All those steps made her out of breath! Although she worked hard with her dancing, exercise was something she didn't like very much.

"Yah! I tried!" Tiffany managed to say as she wheezed out several puffs for fresh air. Catching her breath, she glared at her hyper friend as she continued to dance around her.

Yuri had invited her to a house party. It was weird because usually there would be at least a few more girls that would tag along, but apparently, they were all 'busy'. It was even more weird when Yuri wouldn't divulge the name of the host until they got there...

Tiffany knew that Yuri was a prankster type of girl, so hopefully, she wouldn't fall for anything else this time. She was getting a bit annoyed with Yuri's tricks. Although they were funny at times, after the incident with GD, or Jiyong as he had somewhat insisted; just ruined her mood the entire month onwards.

"...and here we are!" Yuri exclaimed as they reached door 1008. Knocking impatiently, Yuri and Tiffany waited as a scurry of footsteps and music could be heard from the other side of the door.

"Well, good evening ladies." Came a charming voice as the door opened to...surprise, surprise...another Big Bang member. 

"Seungri!" Yuri laughed, throwing her arms around him. Judging by both of the expressions on their faces, Tiffany concluded that they were really good friends. When did that happen ...When she went to Uni with him? Weird how she didn't mention it often to her or the other members.

"Tiffany, Seungri as you pretty well know." Yuri half introduced before pulling her friend into the condo.

"Pretty spacious." Tiffany commented, taking in the dimmed lights and people as they all mingled around either in the kitchen, the living room, and other parts of the condo. 

"I paid a hefty sum for this baby." Seungri smiled, taking in the compliment as he guided the girls to the kitchen for some drinks.

"Cocktails/punches are on the left, beers in the fridge with any other fruit juices..." He pointed out, "Tea, coffee? In the cupboards. Please help yourself to anything else. There should be food coming in about 20 minutes."

Giving a thanks to his hospitality, Tiffany poured herself and Yuri some punch before following Seungri into the living room, moving past a bunch of people before he sat down on a bean bag chair while pointing over to the couches for the girls to sit on. Taking seat on the tanned leather, she sipped her drink as Yuri and Seungri quickly went into a conversation about miscallaneous things. Nodding off from their conversation, Tiffany looked around the packed area, feeling a tad bit bored.

Checking her watch for the time, she took another sip of her drink before feeling the dip of the couch on her left.

Looking curiously, Tiffany almost spat out her drink as she gazed into a pair of unforgettable eyes.

"Tiffany." He said with a nod, his lips curving into a small smile at her 'deer in head lights' look.

"J-Jiyong ssi." His name barely slipping out from her lips as she took in his platinum blonde hair that he had dyed for his new album release, and his dark and comfy attired that showed off his unique style.

"At least you remembered one part." He chuckled before looking off to the side and back at her again. "How do you like the party?"

Straightening her composure, Tiffany answered smoothly, "Not bad, but not great either. I just got here. What about you?"

He was definitely not the same person whom she had met last time. This GD was completely relaxed looking, even his aura was showing her that! ...what had changed? Puzzled by the transformation, she didn't have much time to think as he opened his mouth to speak.

"I just arrived actually...do you know any one here?" Jiyong asked, his voice low enough to send tingles down her spine.

Great. This was just what she needed.

Jiyong who was oblivious to his y voice that was playing a game with her racing heart.

Stop thumping!

Taking a small breath, she smiled hesitantly, "I'm afraid not. I didn't even know Yuri was going to bring me to Seungri's place for a party...I honestly don't know anyone here."

"What's a party if you don't meet new people?" Jiyong chuckled, his gaze never leaving hers, "They're actually mostly all my friends. I guess you can say that Seungri and I hang around a similar group."

"Oh...really?" Tiffany gulped, her eyes refusing to leave his as everything seemed to have paused between them.

"Let me introduce you." He winked, grabbing her hand before excusing the both of them from Seungri and Yuri who seemed to pay them no mind.

Gasping internally from their contact, Tiffany held in a breath of air as she gently gripped the hand that was holding hers.

They were so warm.

Tiffany smiled brightly as he brought her to one end of the room, introducing her to a bunch of people as they milled around from bit to bit, staying for a short conversation before moving on to the next. Everyone had seemed to be very nice so far, and it was fantastic to say that she was starting to have a real good time.

They had stopped holding hands by now but from time to time when they moved onto the next group of people, he would hold her hand again, and that would puzzle her for a great ordeal. He didn't have to hold her hand...but he did. Even if it was a friends thing to do, she enjoyed the contact. 

"We're not done yet so don't fall asleep on me yet!" Jiyong joked, pouring her and himself their 5th drink before grabbing her hand again to head downstairs. The condo was surprisingly spacious, with another level to go, and that meant more people to be introduced to. Most of them seemed to be very close to Jiyong and Seungri, and if not then they were the good friend of that friend. 

"Never when I'm with you..." Tiffany murmured as her heart gave a dull ache. 

While she was used to the contact by now, that didn't stop her heart from going wonkers on her.

"Did you say something?" Jiyong questioned, one eyebrow raised as he paused for a bit.

"Nope, please continue on your majesty." Tiffany laughed, giving him a wink as he slightly frowned before smiling once again.

"If you say so." He grinned, pulling her along as they reached the bottom floor before moving into another spacious room.

Moving pass the people in the slightly packed room, Tiffany took interest in the decorative lights as they shone with brilliant colours, contrasting with the dark walls of the room. It was definitely a romantic atmosphere, and with all that chatter going around in the room, it seemed like the perfect chill place for Seungri's home. Giggling at the pictures that hung around the walls, Tiffany pointed out a adorable one of Seungri; who was dressed up as a baby reindeer during Christmas by the looks of the snowy background. 

As they were finished looking at the pictures, and had given their greetings to a few others, a loud voice called Jiyong's name came across the room. 

Looking around the room, Jiyong seemed to have spotted some one before he put his hand on the small of her back, guiding them further into the room until they reached the back where a couch and several bean bag chairs were placed. Pointing at a red one for her to sit, she managed to have her bottom on the soft chair before he plopped down right next to her. Well, this is certainly close, her cheeks heating up as their arms touched.

Tiffany's eyes darted up when Jiyong began to speak, but frozed when a pair of confused eyes stared back at her.

"Ah, Chaerin! I didn't see you upstairs. Were you here for awhile now?" Jiyong asked as his faced pulled up into a grin, showing that he was happy to see the person in front of him.

"Mm...I was here early with Dara while we helped set up the place..." CL trailed as she continued to stare at Tiffany before moving her eyes back towards Jiyong.

Suddenly feeling foolish for not noticing the person beside of CL, Tiffany bowed her head slightly before mouthing, "Annyeong."

Tiffany smiled brightly as Dara nodded back in acknowledgement and kindess, but faltered slightly when CL looked back her way with a hostile face. Hoping to be as polite as possible, Tiffany waved cautiously, but to her disappointment was shot back down with a slight nod and another longing glance to Jiyong.

It was then and there that Tiffany realised something.

She was wrong all along.

It wasn't Jiyong who was interested...but CL as Taeyang had hinted about a few months back. 

Tiffany didn't know whether to be relieved or worried.

 

--

 

It had been a good 20-30 minutes already. 

Tiffany was jittering with nerves; she didn't even have to look up to know that CL would stare at her from time to time. It was driving her almost crazy! 

Staring at her feet, and around the room most of the time, Tiffany barely paid attention to the conversation while Jiyong was unoblivious to the awkward tension between her and CL. Dara had left a few minutes ago to take a phone call, and it had been even worse after that. The heated gaze whenever the charasmatic leader looked at her was unnerving. 

Shifting in her seat a abit, Tiffany froze when a warm hand grazed her own; looking up quickly, she noticed Jiyong's eyes on her.

"Are you alright? You look a little red." He frowned as he raised the back of his hand to check her temperature. 

Blushing at the contact and proximity of his face since he was sitting so close to her, she murmured quietly, "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just a little hot in here!"

Before Jiyong could reply however, another voice spoke up, "I didn't know you were so close to Seungri that he would invite you."

Taken aback by the slight unwelcoming tone to her voice, Tiffany stared back solidly, "Well, I've never actually spoken to Seungri much. Yuri asked me to come along with her."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter